It's Valentine's Day, lets post cute and great couples

It's Valentine's Day, lets post cute and great couples.

Rem is shit and getting cucked while in a coma. Stop.

Lies.

Majority of unironic remfags are animeonly secondaries.

While she is in a coma Subaru comes to visit her every night to tell her about his day.

>Subaru pulls a chair over and seats himself beside the bed.
>Moonlight slips in through the crack in the curtains, illuminating her face as she sleeps.
>The light of the moon spills over her pale face, pink lips. She is a sleeping beauty with short blue
hair, her curvy body garbed in thin negligee, her chest rising and falling in time with her breathing.
>—She has slept for over a year now.
>Subaru: “Got lots of things to tell you today. Since some guests showed up uninvited, and with this
crazy offer. I started my day with my usual—”
>Subaru speaks calmly to her as she sleeps.
>He uses his same comedic phrasing as always, but his tone is incredibly gentle. He speaks as though
lulling a child to sleep as he cheerily tells her about his day.
>She doesn't respond. Even so. These trysts unfold every night.
>Tonight is rife with things to discuss. Until the moon sits low in the sky, the tale goes on between
Subaru and the Sleeping Beauty.

Starting with non-canon, eh? Unwise. Disrespectful for actual couples.

Just stop. Author isn't going to do a rem ending in the main story. That's what the spinoff was for. Just collect your losses and move on.

Kill yourself son of a bitch. Nobody cares about your shitty novel.

>non canon
It is canon.
>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw >Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]

do you have a single fact to back that up?
eat my ass

delet this

Didn't see stuff like that in the anime. So clearly not an important scene at all. Fuck off with your non-canon shit ship.

>anime is canon
The novel is the canon and that scene is present.

>Watanabe: That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs).
>Watanabe: I thought: “He’s me!” (laughs) There are parts of his character that resonate with anyone, but especially with guys. I didn’t even have to scrutinize myself. I could tell just from looking at him that he was a life-sized version of me.
No wonder the anime director cut that scene, no one would give a shit about emilia, his waifu if that scene was present

Imagine being this much of a beta loser that you just start copy and pasting quotes that you're saving on a Word document whenever anyone objects to a rem ship.

Look Remshit. I understand that it is hard to accept, but the fact that the scene is changed in the anime... I think the author regrets what he wrote and is now changing it. I heard that there is some sort of Rem IF story where she and Subaru are married? So it obviously won't happen in the main canon story.

He loves Emilia, as he said.

Picture is from my perspective.

No.

Imagine creating an image pretending everyone else hates Remfags, when Emiliafags are the ones despised.

strong thick dragon dick

Fuck couples

not him but fuck off with your half baked knowledge, saying that anime has some of relevance is rediculous

>he loves Emilia as he said
yeah after literally giving up on saving her despite having the ability that guaretees success, are you retarded?

>but the fact that the scene is changed in the anime... I think the author regrets what he wrote and is now changing it
the author had no control over the anime, its not the first time whitefox has done something like this. look at their most recent trainwreck that had to be delayed and reworked because it was so bad
>Rem IF
The author or the japanese don't refer to it as Rem IF like we do, they refer to it as the Kararagi IF. its more of a IF what if they eloped instead of what if Rem won, the story isn't even half way over yet. The author likes writing the IFs, and the episode 18 crossroads was the most popular and demanded one, it has nothing to do with who won or not.

You clearly don't know how Tappei writes the story, he writes it as he writes it. He barely follows the outline he has and major changes can happen on a single whim. He doesn't withhold chapters, he publishes them as soon as he finishes them.

>He loves Emilia, as he said.

imagine trying to enforce a false reality through lies and false translations

why do you think spfag was chased out? I got these on hand because I enjoy arguing with you stupid fucks, its easy as hell.

Delusional Reddit:Zero Remfags fuck off. This thread is for canon couples. Keep your trash in your own thread.

>Remfags still salty after 2 fucking years.
Fucking kek.

I only see three offical pairings in that art. Ice shota and Momo are just like siblings.

>Keep your trash in your own thread.
Look at the OP's picture. This is a Remfag thread.

It's official work from the Author and its published in a Light Novel.

The Kararagi IF (Rem IF for you uncultured people) is canon.

Checkmate.

user, I`m a Remfag, but she`s not going to win. Tappei is a hack and doesn`t even know what to do to advance the story

>starts shit
>gets shit on
>reeeeeee go to your own thread
kek, why would you assume that I'm a fan? I only watched the anime and don't really care but even I can tell that 'I love Emilia' is bullshit

good taste user.

>look at their most recent trainwreck that had to be delayed and reworked because it was so bad
W-what? I'm out of the loop
Please don't tell me it's SG 0

Not him, but it's not fucking canon. Stop making Remfriends look bad.

i have my hobes for that evil wittch.

It is canon, just in its own timeline. The characters are specifically not OoC so its even less removed from a typical spin-off, its a different branch the story could've taken if Rem did something different.

What part of SPINOFF don't you get. Why don't you take this and go jerk off into a corner to pretend it's canon while the rest of us gets on with the main story where rem has been stuck in a coma for more than two and a half chapters and counting because the author has no idea what to do with her.

>It is canon, just in its own timeline
Nope. And so that you know, spin-off doesn't mean non-canon.
Spin-off doesn't mean non-canon. The Kararagi IF is non-canon though.

Jesus, you are delusional

Well, the second trial doesn't actually show alternate realities as far as I understood it.
It's simply a simulation created by using the omnipotence of the Book of Wisdom. Echidna doesn't actually know whether alternate timelines exist.
That said, since Tappei said it could have shown up they can be considered in character in the IF for it to be simulated at least

>user, I`m a Remfag, but she`s not going to win.
You're not. And you don't know that.

>From the Author
>Published
It's canon to itself, the Kararagi IF. It doesn't have to be canon to the "main story line" for it to be canon. and
>Q: In the second Trial, weren’t there any scenes of the fragment chapter (note: Rem Natsuki, the first Kararagi IF chapter)?
>A: It wasn’t a future close enough to call ‘now’, after all. If they’d been in the middle of running away, those scenes might have been visible.

spinoff's have their own canon you know.
>The Kararagi IF is non-canon though.

>Q: In the second Trial, weren’t there any scenes of the fragment chapter (note: Rem Natsuki, the first Kararagi IF chapter)?
>A: It wasn’t a future close enough to call ‘now’, after all. If they’d been in the middle of running away, those scenes might have been visible.

>might have been visible
It holds a spot in quantum canon, it "may have been visible" inside the main story but nothing fit thematically with the rest of the second trial.

Re:Zero EX 1 & 2 are spin-off novels, but they are canon.
Just wanted to say that spin-off doesn't always mean non-canon.

>2 and a half chapters
what?
>doesn't know what to do with her
there is a ton of set-up for her already, are you blind?

Some of us just like to watch threads burn.

Oh god... what are these Remfags doing? Going this far to make people think that their shitty bait story and their shitty ship are canon?

tell me how official work published by the author is non canon.

>people actually think that rem will be canon
Just because she's good doesn't mean that's the author's vision

>holding feet
WHAT THE FUUUCKKKK?

Then I guess canonically Subaru is a badass who not only burns the entire world to the ground for Emilia, but has an entire harem

Arcs 1-6 + The EX volumes + Short stories are the canon of Re:Zero.
IF stories, no matter how published, are not canon.

You're missing the point. Prisma Illya is canon to Prisma Illya, Fate/Grand Order is canon to Fate/Grand Order, Different routes of Fate/Stay Night are canon within themselves. These are all part of the larger Fate Franchise of which different works appeal to different people. All of them happen because Word of God says so and alternate universe shit is common there. The same deal here, and with the other IF stories excluding the weird harem one where most everyone is OoC to showcase how weird all this would be.

The other IFs have the fun added benefit of being able to hint at things in the main story, since they're simply spun-off timelines and everything continues to move as it would have, so you can introduce characters there that still exist in the main timeline, they're just currently doing god knows what.

For fuck's sake, why are you saying that there are other timelines? THE IFs ARE NOT CANON.

It was the author's vision to make her good. Her character didn't exist until he explicitly wrote her, she was supposed to be a background character but he found something he liked and made her one of the most fleshed out characters of the series.
>It’s often said that characters that go beyond the author’s plans come alive. Subaru is a protagonist that strongly goes towards that trend, but she is the one who jumped over that framework and moved it. Not even a fragment of the initial plot’s top face is left. As a result of love for her springing up, this has become the only character introduction that appears to be favored this much.

Those are WN only. Not published. But those are canon, canon to themselves only.

You do realize he never intended for her to be so popular, right?

Of course I meant to say, "So they are not fucking canon."

My goodness, look at all this denial

>The same deal here
Not confirmed. The Japanese people call the IF stories April fools stories.
>The other IFs have the fun added benefit of being able to hint at things in the main story, since they're simply spun-off timelines
Stop making shit up.
>Canon to themselves
So they are not fucking canon.

>literally forced into one of her important scenes
>Thinks Tappei will make remXsubaru over remXemilia

It's more like the LN was forced to follow anime canon, which is ultimately reducing the depth of it by many magnitudes.

>Stop making shit up.
He's not making shit up. The IF stories hint at things that are yet to come in the main story. They function as if they were just another timeline.
>The Japanese people call the IF stories April fools stories.
That's because they're usually released on Subaru's birthday. April Fools day.

Makes sense I guess.
>excluding the weird harem one where most everyone is OoC to showcase how weird all this would be
Ayamatsu also has a lot of campy ridiculousness I'm really not sure how seriously I can take. I guess in terms of "closeness" to MU it'd currently be Kararagi>=Kaseneru>Ayamatsu>>>>>Harem>>>>School

>Stop making shit up.
I wonder why the author would go and explicitly say this about the ayamatsu IF

>Although he is still Subaru at his core, since this time there is no one giving advice to him, he basically will redo his past until he reaches a satisfying conclusion, has no qualms using underhanded tactics not done in the main story, and being more proactive in abusing RbD as his feeling towards Emilia grows the more he dies.

prove that was explicitly his doing, I do not believe he would simply copy paste one of his earlier RemSubaru scenes and change the names.

>They function as if they were just another timeline.
Doesn't mean that they are.

>Remfags are seriously pushing the harem if as canon
What the fuck? Seriously, what the fuck?

>Tappei before the LN
"Subaru would qualify for slytherin"
>Tappei after the LN
EVERYONE'S A HUGGLEPUFF EXCEPT THE EVIL ONES

Making shit up? A bit desperate dude, I know that any love for Emilia is entirely ironic or out of ignorance. No one human would choose her over the diverse cast of characters

>It's more like the LN was forced to follow anime canon
> LN was forced to follow anime canon
> LN was forced
Anime was based off of the LN and just cut things here or there. There's no reason the source material would be forced to follow its adaptation.
>prove that was explicitly his doing
Most of the Emilia shilling is his doing, seeing as Rem is the more popular, therefore more profitable, character. If it were the editors in charge, she wouldn't be as forced as she is.

Remfriends, stop confusing non-canon with fanfiction. Thanks.

Actually user, the LN was left relatively unchanged from the WN until volume 8 where major differentiations started to occur. Would you call it a coincidence if I told you the anime was in the production stages at the time vol 8 was being released? It was entirely the fault of the anime

They aren't.
It really depends on what you mean by "timeline". Lots of people use it as shorthand for a world that differs as a result of a specific choice. The characters introduced in the Kararagi IF still exist in the main story, at least the ones not born after the choice, as do the events that occurred in its past before the choice that caused the divergence. And since it's a continuing story in its own right, with internal consistency, it has canon of its own.

The rest is just petty arguing over semantics that means absolutely nothing besides which words you'd prefer people to use.

i never read the if stories, does main story subaru ever recall a particular event from any of those branches?

no one remembers that one because even Tappei took it down, that one is out of the equation.

Kararagi, WoG, and Ayamatsu

If that was the case why did he keep writing her and giving her the most powerful scenes? If he didn't like her he would have just wrote her out of the story, instead he wrote her deeper into the story.

there isn't a single true statement in your entire post.

No.

No, but he may have seen one from the Kararagi IF (Rem IF) which puts it into a higher tier of canon from "non-canon"

>If he didn't like her he would have just wrote her out of the story
Which she more or less is at the moment, currently in a coma scrubbed from people's memories.
I think the only reason she's not dead is it's an easy source of motivation, easy conflict, etc.
>there isn't a single true statement in your entire post.
So then Tappei isn't pushing Emilia?

I'm just going to assume you haven't read the series, the anime Emilia shilling wasn't his doing. >Watanabe: That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs).

>Which she more or less is at the moment, currently in a coma scrubbed from people's memories.
>I think the only reason she's not dead is it's an easy source of motivation, easy conflict, etc.
you have not facts to back this up

>mostly everyone is OoC
Everyone is. Everyone.

>not a single fact to back this up**

not him but yeah tappei pushes Emilia a lot. Does it work? No. Why is he doing it? Probably because Rem alone is as popular as every other character in that series combined? I don't think that he's stupid enough and doesn't see that the shilling isn't working. So the author is either a fucking retard or he has a good plan.

No, I've watched the series/read the WN. Just like fucking with you because you sink your teeth in to everything I give you like a starving African

people are bored, why are you getting hard over some anonymous guy paying attention to you? faggot.

Exactly, people are bored.

>remfags still in denial that tappeis waifu will win
The fact that he already drew a married Rem and Subaru with kids should let you know she's going to lose.

don't cry when Emilia gets btfo soon because that's where the story is heading since arc 3

I'm a tried and true shitposter, I'll start arguing with myself given enough time. Glad to see that you that you have nothing then.

I'll just keep going. Emilia shilling done by Tappei is referring to how every scene tries to push how beautiful and angelic she is. Which to Subaru, who the story's perspective is, fell in ""love"" with Emilia before even getting to really know her. For the story it works fine, but for the readers it gets annoying. It plays how Subaru is in ""love"" with a false and extremely idealized version of Emilia part of the story really well. He didn't artificially push or force her at all in the WN.

So we are going back to the start then,

Your maid is going to lose. It's better to start accepting this now.

I'll accept it once its in print.

she lost once and came back stronger, I believe in true love and not superficial crushes

Suit yourselves then.

I simply don't believe the author would throw away the romance he himself has written. He explicitly stated that in the main timeline Subaru only kills himself for Rem.

>original is everyone cooperating to fight Juice and Subaru wanting Emilia to stop killing the dude because he knows he's fucked when she does
>New version is everyone literally standing still so Emilia can be bathed in light and prove she can solo the guy
>Retconning Puck's contract as a cherry on top
Yeah, I don't think there was a change this strong in any previous volume. Even Subaru only got his douchebaggery in Arc 2 toned down, I don't think they added any heroics for him