"S-streaming doesn't support the anime industry guys, I swear! S-support muh fansubs!"

"S-streaming doesn't support the anime industry guys, I swear! S-support muh fansubs!"
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-14/crunchyroll-royalty-payments-to-anime-industry-have-surpassed-usd100-million/.127755

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/japan-feeds-chinas-anime-addiction-1482060688
goboiano.com/anime-industry-report-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

implying I want to support the anime industry

I'm not gonna stream on your botnet platform and that is final, you fucking cancer.

Crunchyroll is gay

>botnet
I love this meme.

All things considered, 100 mil is a bit low considering anime is a multi-billion dollar industry.

I won't be satisfied until we're getting sequels not 5 years later for clearly popular series.

yet another reason why stalker threads are fucking retarded in this day and age. streaming is what everyone does these days.

only old smelly people buy physical products that aren't sexy figures or badass mecha (bandai only) model kits.

With subs like Slow Start, Gabu and other crap - no thanks. I will never pay for shit like this.

And how much did CR pocket? $400m?

There's also a lot of countries who don't have CR access. It matters little.

To be fair, it was only until last year that CR garnered over a million unique subscribers.

And Sakura Quest, Franxx etc.

>half of crunchyroll user base now comprised of women
I need images of cute anime girls laughing in a smug fashion

>yet another reason why stalker threads are fucking retarded in this day and age. streaming is what everyone does these days.

Especially that streaming money from China.

wsj.com/articles/japan-feeds-chinas-anime-addiction-1482060688

>S-streaming doesn't support the anime industry guys, I swear! S-support muh fansubs!
said no one ever

>100 million payments
>still get crap encodes and even crappier subs
Was that supposed to convince me to buy a subscription? Because it did the opposite.

A gross number like that means nothing by itself. It's also hilarious that they use the first round funding number, considering how many finding rounds they had before they were sold.

so which your favourite anime is flopping this season?

Anime is trash and Id never pay for it

What a retarded soy name.

Oh wow, a company is making money for providing goods and services to satisfied customers. What an outrage.

Do you even read the article you just used as an argument?
Paying CR subscription does, indeed, not give a single dime to Japan, since all they do is getting royalties. By the time it's on CR royalties have already been paid and whether you buy a subscription or not doesn't matter, nips already got their money.

go outside virgin waman

I don't like CR for the same reason I don't like all legal digital video services, shit quality. Piracy is the best

What does that have to do with anything? All I'm saying is that this financial report is pebbles for what it's trying to achieve. Don't get mad.

This, especially since China is Japan’s number one priority these days industry-wise.

>Paying CR subscription does, indeed, not give a single dime to Japan, since all they do is getting royalties
Royalties ARE money you stupid niggerfaggot.

>日本語がわかる。
>字幕無用。あっても無視。
Feels good man.
I would be mad if non-japanese dub were only options.

>50% of the users are traps

thanks mate

Woymin literally make up 50% because torrents are hard.

Are we going to have this shill thread everyday? Come on, mods.

What he's saying is that the money we pay them for subs doesn't get to Japan. So you're not directly helping the anime industry in any way. It works just like how commercial TV networks buy shows from other countries. Do you mean to say adverts pay for those shows? Of course not.

50% is women and 50% is soyboys
Only retards use CR

You're welcome.

I decide what I watch by what's flopping the most since that's how you stumble on cool and interesting shit (and admittedly sometimes just shit).

Do you think before you post? It surpassed 100 million in how many years? It contributes close to nothing.

Daisuki was a better platform. Better encoding, better fansubs, better shows, and FREE. People should have supported that instead of this cheap jew shit.

2 words: Traffic Shaping.

>Not pirating your animu and then having Crunchyroll silent on another tab so that you can continue to enjoy top quality whilst still providing a minimal contribution

And 100% of the people who unironically uses the insult "soyboy(s)" are crossboarders from Sup Forums. Fuck off.

and all that money goes to the production committees who keeps it all for themselves

I only read manga.

>CR partially funded YoriMoi
Well, thie anime is pretty nice, so props to them I guess.

Just imagine world without CR
>Fate/Last Encore
ahhhh

>paying for worse quality

Unlike with music, the anime industry has them over a barrel and CR have to pay retarded royalties to them otherwise they just go fuck it we don't need the money anyway, our concern is Japan.

As long as HS exists I don't really care. I never realized how little I actually give a fuck about encoding and typesetting etc unless it's a blue ray release. Still CR is impressive I mean most of their users must be totally clueless about piracy or the piracy roots of CR itself kek.

>implying that a sub on cr means you're helping the industry even minimally

100 million dollars is miniscule NO wonder Dragon Ball Super got cancelled

>wanting the wild west of fansubbing back
>wanting irregular release schedules and sub groups dropping shows on a whim at episode 7
I don't like CR but the alternative fucking sucks. Just get good and learn moon if you are so worried about it.

Fuck off, shill

Are you fucking serious? Daisuki's streaming platform was complete ass. It took forever to load and it looked like shit. Plus the number of shows they had in their catalog was laughable.

>$100 to the whole industry in all its lifetime
means shit

Fuck off cancer.

CR has been in the committee for several anime now.

It's fucking nothing though, anime industry generates 16 billion per year, physical distribution to overseas is 2.3 billion with the vas majority of it coming from China.

And that shit is reporting 10 million a year average? Pffft.

So they are paying themselves, lol.

Dont bother; most of the BRING MUH FANSUBS back fags either didnt watch anime back then, or only watched the one or two popular shows every season fansubbers fought over

I claim this thread in the name of loli dragons

Free.
> It took forever to load and it looked like shit.
Their client was better than CR was the point.

Their Kaleid subs were good at least. Especially if you compare it to crappy fansubs aka Commie-UTW or Hiryuu.

b-but remember cool "quality" fansubs and epeens?

It was a pretty popular opinion on Sup Forums a few years ago.

Well according to the article posted, it does help.

For what, exclusive streaming rights?

mentioning that half of CRs user base is female seems completely irrelevant and out of place in this article.
Are they implying that women are less concerned about money and spent it more easily on luxury services like CR ?

Why do people pay to stream things?

It helped to produce YuruCamp and Yorimoi

A measly 100 million dollars over several years isn't help at all.

They are in the committee to save anime, are you retarded?

Fuck off, newfag.

I don't care about the industry, I don't want to watch shows in a shitty web player.

Start getting encodes that aren't complete fucking garbage and we can talk again, CR.

No you retard. Production committee, meaning they funded the show.

So every CR subscriber spent over a million dollars on anime? Seems fishy to me.

> BRING MUH FANSUBS
Said no one ever in 2018.

Are you sure? check archives

Well, being in the committee means they get to profit if the anime is huge success. Also I think they technically has some ownership of the anime as well? Not to sure about that one.

t. crunchysluts

The fact that their funding isn't making a positive trend towards the anime industry speaks volumes. They're not saving anything.

It's fucking nothing though, anime industry generates 16 billion per year, physical distribution to overseas is 2.3 billion with the vas majority of it coming from China.

And that shit is reporting 10 million a year average? Pffft.

Ad money easily recoups that. They could do without subscriptions just fine, but why not when there are retards that will pay up anyway?

Fucking this. It's thanks to simulcasting services like CR that we don't have to worry about whether or not we're getting subs anymore.

If official subs from official streams are fucked up (more and more nowadays, CR was acceptable, even few seasons ago) I will always use good fansubs. Of course non-cartel fansubs.

Commie was actually the best there

That is basically a piss in a pond.

This thread just makes me hate CR even more because they're now paying shills to defend their shit, and accidentally revealed they aren't even helping the industry whatsoever.

100 mill? Pathetic.

>all feelings and flowers are flowers
uh

>b-but muh committee of saving animu
it's like celebrating that you're the last to die among a room of cancer patients. you're still dead son.

>forgetting about the recent incident where CR's main page redirected to a virus download posing as a update to their client which ransomware'd users anime files

The money's only gonna fill the pockets of higher ups. It doesn't have any effect on animator's pay and working conditions. You can't just help the industry by throwing in money to feed greedy people at the top. Other Stuidos need to follow the footsteps of kyoani in becoming self sufficient to improve the industry.

>100 mil over ten years
Fuck off shill

Man I'm surprised Crunchyroll even made hundreds of millions

Kill yourself shill

>posting the reaction pic from the show they funded
Ironic.

Man there must be a lot of hard working husbands, having their money wasted by there wives

>Baby just found out ethical consumption doesnt exist under capitalism

>Other Stuidos need to follow the footsteps of kyoani in becoming self sufficient
You're hugely understating how lucky they got to be able to do that

Herkz pls.