So which one was the better character? Better leader? Better lover?

So which one was the better character? Better leader? Better lover?

Other urls found in this thread:

japanator.com/the-secrets-of-gurren-lagann-answered--6714.phtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kamina died a virgin.

Simon too.

>kamina was a manlet
this upset me more than anything

Why did Simon wear a choker like some flaming faggot?

(Not true, by the way)

Simon remains a virgin. Who did he fuck then?

Bruh the faggot on the left literally ended up being a complete loser and failure. Poor Kamina is probably rolling in his grave. That's what happens when you fall for alien pussay.
Simon is the worst MC EVER

Nia of course

Simon has an all around advantage here, in that he had substantially more time to grow and develop. Still, in the final battle people are still bringing up how inspired they were by Kamina, including people who never even met the guy. So while he may not have always made the best decisions we'll give him leadership category. Simon takes the other two.

Are you saying he fucked her BEFORE marriage? That's blasphemous!

what the fuck do you suppose those two did in their downtime while becoming leaders of the world?

>Took him 7 years to ask for marrige
>Thinks he could even dare touch Nia's pussy

Simon pretty much became Kamina 2.0 but I liked Kamina's voice actor better.

There was a good bit of downtime between the Anti-Spiral's defeat and the wedding. IIRC, there was a interview with either the director or writer that implied that Simon and Nia did indeed have sex between that time, but that was years ago.

>Simon got to tap this alien pussy
Why live?

Only good answer in this dead thread

>source: my ass

japanator.com/the-secrets-of-gurren-lagann-answered--6714.phtml

>Did Simon and Nia 'do it' during the 7 year timeskip?
>During the seven year timeskip Simon and Nia did what had to be done.

>Simon and Nia did what had to be done
H-Hold hands, right?

Kamina was the best

Good lord, are they not allowed to just say sex?

character Simon
leader Kamina
lover Both are virgins, but I think Simon

Kamina was undoubtedly the better character. He's one of the most unique characters in anime. There's a lot of manly, hotblooded protagonists, but Kamina is so unapologetic about it that he takes it to another level and becomes a league of his own. He's the source of 90% of the memes around the show. What makes him even more memorable is that he did all this ini only 7 episodes.

The ending of gurren lagann was so fucking stupid

>"Why don't you bring back Nia with spiral power?"
>"Dumbass he's not a fucking god"
>Said after literally defeating a being of omnipotence.

Simon should have died.

if you're a burger, you can't say shit tbqh

this
>but muh bittersweet ending

I still didn't get the spiral nemesis thing, but they essentially obtained the power of god, but decided not to use it for that reason.
He's not a fucking god means that hes attempting to not cause the nemesis. Kinda like a nuclear armistice except its just him for the time being.
I still would've revived her before not using it again

It looks hot

He's actually worse. They knew she would fade and he knew he could keep her alive but he chose not to beforehand.

>kamina a good leader
he was a good muse/mentor, but a terrible leader. He led the team into multiple ambushes because of his rash thinking, picked fights with allies because they did something he disagreed with, and put a child in the most important role of a major operation, even though that child is normally required for him to use his full combat power, which ultimately led to his own death.

Also Simon didn't die a virgin.

>I have all this power why can't I use it for selfish reasons?
Don't buy a gun user. You don't sound intelligent enough to use it.

kamina is a god between gods

The writers explained it, using spiral power hastens the coming of the spiral nemesis, and both Simon and Nia agreed that they didn't want to partake in that. This is why Simon lets her die, and also why he becomes a nomad. As the most powerful spiral warrior, it would be selfish of him to wield his power. Instead he lets weaker spiral warriors meet up and figure out how to stop the spiral nemesis.

>substantially more time
I feel like you mean within the plot, because they're about the same age by the time hes fighting the anti spirals.
Kamina is a radical with ideas, Simon was the actual force behind it (Hence the "Kamina leads from above, Simon from below" thing they mentioned in the anime - and its in their names). So I'd say he was a better leader for morale purposes.

>Simon and Kamina weren't practicing their "Manly Combination" on the regular.
>fucking implying

No because of purityfags

Although partly a leader, Kamina's role was bigger than that. He was a guy that went against the grain and planted the idea of going up against the oppressive baddy while everyone else was busy just trying to survive. Though powerless and lacking in tactical intelligence, he was a catalyst that started a movement. Something shonenfags can never get.

>he wouldn’t do whatever was in his power to save his waifu
You disgust me.

Only Simon got laid, Kamina died as a virgin.

I can’t believe Simon walked Nia home gently

Kamina wasn't really a good leader. His "strategy's" were always bull-headed and he barely thought out any major decisions. He was tremendously good at inspiring people, however, so he made the perfect martyr.
That said, kamina had to die because they simply wouldn't have won without Simon leading the charge. So, Simon wins best leader, Kamina gets best character, and since I'm pretty sure they both died virgins that would make it a tie.

To each his own. Just don't be the guy watching my 6.

no one will ever love me that's for sure

>So which one was the better character? Better leader? Better lover?

Neither. Rossiu was the better character and leader. He loved his country more too.

>Being a realist in a world where you can literally willpower your way out of shit.
Rossiu is pain.

He shit his pants when everything didn't went as he planned

Directors confirmed a long time ago Simon fucked Nia, read the thread.

NIA VS YOKO
spoiler alert
best girl is nia_

>Not any of Kittan's sisters
Shit taste

>Not Leyte
Fucking pleb

The whole series happened because of Kamina's dream. That makes him the better leader.

Simon manned the fuck up after Kamina's death. That makes him the better character.

Who gives a shit about love, this is drills and dreams baby

>Liking used goods

Only true answer.

Argue all you want over who died a virgin.

I think we all know who died a chad.

I just finished watching this series like 10 minutes ago. I didn't think it was incredible but it was worth watching at some points. Almost dropped it at episode 20 though, I was so bored.

Character - Ultimately Simon
Leader - Kamina
Lover - They were clearly fucking each other for years and years, so a tie.

>bored of mechs like 10 times the size of a galaxy throwing galaxies at each other
If something of this scope and magnitude doesn't entertain you, then what does?

Meant to reply to

Kamina, bro. Much like Kill la Kill, the spiritual successor falls short. Simon enhanced Kamina's legacy.

I thought the action was good, I just didn't think the whole spiral power thing was that cool. Mecha has always been pretty hit or miss for me.

>Wife dying from cancer
>"No I can't save her, it's selfish of me"

Thank god you're not a scientist.

Simon (wouldn't be too surprised if you disagree with this one)
Kamina
Simon

god damn this thread makes me want to rewatch it

Simon
Simon
Simon