fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2018/02/tohai-densetsu-akagi-yami-ni-oritatta.html
tenhou.net/0/?L7447
youtube.com/watch?v=8xLmcEnxdEM
youtube.com/watch?v=223weYs8pnA&t=5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Toasting in epic bread

Whew lads so this is it
On one hand I'm glad that it's over, on the other hand I almost want more

It was a long time coming. Hard to believe I've been following Akagi for almost eight years now; I have to salute those nips that have been with it from the very beginning.

2008 was a decade ago.

Did it really end?

fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/2018/02/tohai-densetsu-akagi-yami-ni-oritatta.html

I hope it sells like hotcakes because I would kill a man for season two and if Tonegawa can have his own anime...

anyone up for some tile matching? tenhou.net/0/?L7447

This ending so so open that akagi will more likely get a manga about his underground years after meeting washizu, he did say they'd meet again and as fkmtcrazy said, his senses are always right

man I sure hope so, can't just leave Washizu hanging like that. Seeing Akagi rule the underworld for a bit would also be real neat.

I'm keen to play in a little bit but
>4級R1328
>2級R1331
>6級R1273
Do you guys know how to play? I mean it's fine if you suck but if you don't know the rules and the yaku then it won't really be any fun.

>kaiji

Tonegawa anime announcement was leaked like last night.

I'll queue next; I'm at least 1600.

Wew lad, what a ride.

Now we only have to wait one and a half decade until Saki wins the Zenkoku!

Thread needs more Washizu Sama

should i pick this up?
i just finished kaiji and heard Tonegawa was getting his own anime.
whats the comparison from this to kaiji? besides him being a complete genius at mahjong.

It ended without even a little love letter of thankyou's from fkmt on the last page, so it's probably gonna continue. I sure hope it does.

Watch the anime first and then see if you'd like to pick it up. Especially if you don't know mahjong.

well i watched the first two episodes, where he bails the car and the cop comes in to investigate, then he starts going fucking bonkers in mahjong and they call in the one bookie to beat him, but that guy gets beat as well.
then i just got up, ate some food, and never watched another episode for some reason.
this sounds a little too good to pass up, is this a manga where you find gold in a unexpected place?
the story looks pretty interesting and if people have been following it for 8 years, there has to be something great to keep the attention.

Since it wasn't an especially wild ending, I don't really mind if this thread doesn't end up big. Hope a sequel is announced soon.
The manga where you find gold at an unexpected place is Golden Kamuy. As for Akagi, well, that's pretty much it. It'll be a while before he loses. Until then, what's interesting is how he wins and the sick tactics he employs. The dynamic is a lot different than in Kaiji. The sort of "selling point" of the series is, first interesting mahjong, and later the characters of Akagi and Washizu.

Damn man. This was a wild ride form beginning to end. After finishing this chapter I feel like marathoning all of Akagi and Ten. I really hope that FKMTkrazy is right and we get a sequel manga.

I need to re-read ten

Same here, but can my heart handle reading the ending again?

Huh, what an anti climatic way to end it, but after all, it was just a showing of young Akagi's life, and life, always goes on.

Dumping it for good measure.

it's probably gonna get continued. although i dunno. this ending isn't bad per se.

in an American 1960s stage production the late Vincent Price would have just about been 'perfect' for the role I think.

LOL

What a tsundere.

Can't believe it's finally over. Thanks for everything, everyone.

And then, by the time we come to the end of it all, Akagi prefers his booze watered down.

what a shitty ending

that's it?

It feels like eating a full course without dessert. It felt a bit incomplete.

thanks user

Thank you.

For a guy that only watched the anime i think this ending is kino as fuck.

That's just how japs are cut him some slack. I like this and his social awkwardness better than how Tetsuya and Kai are.

One might compare it to ordering fugu sashi in the middle of the night and only eating one bite.

This made me a bit uncomfortable

good ending
victory is letting go

Around 3%?

let's stop with the food analogy

The ending is sort of disappointing because I was expecting a proper conclusion, instead we get what (as others have said) seems like a set up for a sequel series.

I'm sad

You should. It's the first and last time a fiction changed my life.

Me too but I guess this is fine. I just hope fkmt doesn't ___die before he can finish it. I wonder what else he wants to show us after this 30 year rolercoaster.

i thought it was a proper conclusion. the highlight of akagi's life was the washizu throwdown, and it ended satisfactory for me. The ending is bittersweet specifically because thats just how life goes from time to time.

>Washizu cries like an abandoned lover
>Akagi occasionally fantasizes about Washizu in a hot bath.

Does FKMT secretly ship Akagi and Washizu?

Post feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=8xLmcEnxdEM

>secretly

He has to have seen or read one of those yaoi books before.

youtube.com/watch?v=223weYs8pnA&t=5s

I'm unable to read the final part of Ten without feeling depressed.

>1:39
this is not okay

That song's been in my playlist ever since I first watched Dennou Coil, and I get the urge to rewatch it whenever someone posts that video.

For some reason, Harada calling Hiroyuki "Hiro" is what got me.
He's supposed to be this fearsome, dangerous gang leader, and Akagi was his opponent, but he went out of his way to try to save his life and confessed his insecurities to both Akagi and Hiroyuki, because as a man he felt connected to them.

Thanks

;_;
I haven't read HERO but I hope they all keep in touch.

Iirc, we haven't seen anyone in translated HERO other than Ten, Sawada and Ichikawa(?).
Whoever's keeping up with the raws, do the others appear eventually?

Didn't Sawada get ranked higher than Ten in the popularity polls? Good to see him get the recognition he deserves.

Is anything past the first 3 chapters of Tonegawa translated?

Yes. Ken appears soon, and IIRC Harada has a kind of cameo but no active role. You don't see Washio (the old guy from East that Hiro backstabbed), but you'll see his apprentices soon. Off the top of my head I don't remember anyone else.

Post Ken and Harada