ITT: we shit on overrated anime

ITT: we shit on overrated anime

>uhh people are really bad and nothing matters
>what's the matter, entry level nihilism with shitty design is 2deep4u?

Elfen Lied sure is deep.

It's amazing how I keep seeing this exact thread for over 10 years now, despite not ever finding a single community of people who really does think it's 'deep' or 'mature'. It's like a rite of passage for every preteen who finally realized there's more to anime than dragon ball and narutu and want to show off how mature their taste in cartoons is.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing your thread 3 years from now about how fan service is ruining anime in an attempt to stand out and be different, yet again.

Considering this anime is memed so hard, is there actually a single edgy anime about psycho-kinetics that's actually better than this that isn't Akira?

Nobody Who can be taken seriously actually likes Elfen Lied. I'd hardly call it overrated.

Does anyone still care about Elfen Lied?

Deep but inside your moms hole

Seems like Elfen Lied haters care about Elfen Lied a lot because they sure love to brag about it.

Gurren Lagann, not so good

Evangelion? More like Evangaylion.

the manga was worse
>samefaces to the point of confusion
>flat characters
>people get slaughtered at random
>forced MUH FEELS
>there's an entire tankobon where every chapter is just half-assed fanservice.

hello 2010, I don't think you can call this anime overrated anymore, at least not 8 years in the future you can't. We already shat on it enough.

oh
alright

People only like Evangelion for the cute girls and nothing else. If Shinji, Asuka, Rei and Misato were all rule 63'd, nobody would care about it.

The Angels were and interesting monster type though.

>rule 63 of Shinji and Kaworu
>Shinji is cute, vulnerable girl instead of whiny faggot
>canon yuri
It would be exactly the same popular or even more.

People wouldn't be arguing over "best girl" discussions for 20 years, if only two girls were in the entire anime. That I can say at least.

This.I have literally never seen anyone praising Elfen Lied.
Every time someone brings up Elfen Lied is to shit on it.

Not just the anime, but the entire series
>Has there ever been a Fate/ without gigantic amounts of plot armor
>bland and dumb characters
>conveniences
>turned into a waifu of the month gamble machine for secondaries

wtf
the fate series is best anime ive ever seen

Elfen Lied is overrated? I always see people shitting on it.

Pretty much. It's isn't very good at all, but it's hardly any worse than a ton of shit that this place actively praises that has every actual flaw it has and more.

this anime is still overrated? I thought it fell into obscurity because people realized how mediocre it is.

Just about everything done by CLAMP besides most of Card Captor Sakura and Magical Knight Rayearth.

Fate is legitimately fun, but that doesn't make it good. I think the general consensus is that UFO did a good job with zero and stay/night, but the other series thus far have been ultimately a bit shite (but very enjoyable).

Some people unironically think Lucy is a villain. If they can't get something simple like that, doesn't it mean it's deep?

But the manga makes it pretty clear Lucy went way too far to be sympathetic.

Brainlet snobs like you are the most laughable.

They think she's villain because she kills people. As simple as that, no manga involved.

Having a grudge against Kurama and the researchers was perfectly justified, but she went around killing randoms just to be edgy. The anime tried to portray her as being deep and sympathetic, but the manga makes it clear from chapter one that she's laughing maniacally while killing civilians.

Haters don't care about reasons, killings alone is already enough for them, and they didn't read manga. And Kurama wasn't alone, TV and police helped him. And how it all started in the first place?

Even before they captured her, Lucy had been going around killing people, Kouta's family being among her victims. In fact, Lucy's reason to want revenge against Kurama turned out to be misguided, as Aiko was shown to still be alive in the final chapter.

hey guys whats the watching order for fist of the north star?

>Kouta's family being among her victims.
BTW, it was in anime. Lucy did pretty good for a little kid. How old she was? A human can't even properly think at that age.
>In fact, Lucy's reason to want revenge against Kurama turned out to be misguided
That doesn't make sense. Also what Nana did?

>How old she was? A human can't even properly think at that age.
About 8-9. Certainly old enough to understand that killing is bad, at least for reasons as petty as being jealous.
>That doesn't make sense. Also what Nana did?
Lucy hated Kurama and wanted him and everyone around him to suffer because she thought her second friend after Kouta died because of him. It turned out that wasn't true, though, so she killed innocent people for no reason. As for Nana, she tried to capture Lucy by force even after being warned several times.

Elfen Lied was decent

start from the start and then watch until you get to the end.

AKIRA was boring