Can we talk about A Silent Voice for a little bit?

Can we talk about A Silent Voice for a little bit?

This scene took me a little off guard, but really drew me in. Overall I thought it was quite a good movie (I watched the dub version, worth it for the subs? is the girl's voice different?)

Also nice touch that they didn't cliche the ending either, by giving the guy a disability, like being blind, or that they didn't end up as couple immediately

I didn't even notice this in the manga first time I read it, and second time, and the third too, actually I noticed only after someone mentioned it, even though I could figure it out by mere fact that she was wearing only one earing since that scene.

Here is the scene itself, barely even visible there, so I guess most readers didn't notice it either at first hopefully

I only noticed this now.

>dub
Why do faggots keep doing this

the ear is subtle, but the eyes and her face tell the story. so heart wrenching, single mom, but loves her boy, just trying to raise him with love even if he is a jerk, it's probably because he needs his dad

>it's probably because he needs his dad

b-but that's his sister's husband

Why is her ear bleeding? Like I get her ear ring was probably yanked out but why?

Please don't use based Pedro to shitpost.

she yanked it out herself in front of the girl's mom because her son yanked out the other girl's hearing aids, causing her ears to bleed and causing intense pain, also hearing aids are expensive and he did it seven times on separate occasions

>herself
Why do you think Ishidamom did it herself? Especially if you consider how aggressive Yaeko gest when it comes to Shoko, she is most likely the one who tore it.

>Why do you think Ishidamom did it herself?
Because Japan.

It's the Japanese way. If you dishonor someone, you have to do the same thing to yourself, to not only preserve your own honor, but restore theirs.

the dub was actually pretty good

Normalfags generally prefer to watch dubs.

i just want to watch the movie, but i generally go back and check out the subs if it's good enough, just so i don't have to read everything.

Nah, I call bullshit, and that japanese honor applies only to men anyway. Not to mention, Nishimom is freaking out when Yaeko knocking on the door at 2 am and she is feeling uneasy everytime they meet in general. Nishimom is a crazy bitch after all that's why we love her

>and that japanese honor applies only to men anyway
No it doesn't, honour is honour regardless of gender.

the deaf girl's right ear went completely deaf right? was it because of when ishida yanked the fuck off her ear when they were jc's?

Damn, right into the feels

>I watched the dub
m8 you missed out on some of the finest voice acting work in the industry. Ishida's monologue during Shouko's attempted suicide was absolutely god-tier in part because of the voice acting.

>right ear went completely deaf right
Yes.
>was it because of when ishida
Unlikely, hearing aid doesn't go that deep, at least this is what I heard from the deaf user.

I totally don't remember this scene

No it isn't because of that. Her hearing just got worse after some time. You can actually see that moment on the movie when Shouko and her grandmother visited the hospital where the doctor was explaining what is happening then we see her Shouko on her bed putting her hand on her ear and crying.

Problem is that the manga never brings it up again, which made it irrelevant to the whole story(hence nobody remembering it), while the movie actually put an emphasis on this act.

OP is a faggot but I already watched the movie 6 times, sooo, I wouldn't mind the 7th time being dubbed.

Well you can see that Ishidamom wearing only one earring since, and scar on that ear is visible too time to time, but nobody ever brings this up, it only shown through art.

I was reading the manga back when it was ongoing, but stopped because the ending chapters were not released yet.
Do manga and movie have the same ending? I just noticed that they switched some things around and excluded others.

Movie stops when the X's fall off, manga goes further than that.
The movie had a vastly better ending though.

Alright, thanks. The ending of the movie felt abrupt to me, to be honest.
So the events further than that scene are not really worth reading?

At first I thought of this guy as a slippery snake but then I learnt through /jp/ that bullying the disabled is a common thing in japan and the teachers regularly turn a blind eye to it.

There is nothing Mrs. Nishimiya did (at least in the movie) that any self respecting parent wouldn't do in light of everything. To say she's a crazy bitch is just naive

She is pretty tame in the movie, yes.

>liberal artsy mom
>has a daughter that had a child with a mexican in her early 20s

Other than that, this show was good.

Why did the movie omit the daughter was a huge slut? I thought it was a pretty funny running gag in the manga how she had a different person over the entire time Shoya went into her room.

Did anyone expect a Shoya x Shoko's mother ending?

The true way to watch this movie is with sound set to mute.

i don't think the movie even had his sister on screen at all

>ywn have threesome with those two
Really those two just need a real man, to tell them it's not their fault, give them his chest to cry on, and show them what true womanly pleasure is.

when he got mad though you could tell that deep down he knew that ishida needed to be punished

Do most disabled go to mainstream schools in Japan or is it just an exception in some cases where they aren't mentally challenged but can still do the work and they just have medical issues and shit?

How can she talk if she's deaf?

she's deaf, not mute

deaf people can feel the vibrations in their head, and can kind of know what sounds to make in order to speak, but they can't hear themselves talk which is why they sound weird unless they had a lot of practice

i think they mostly have trouble making "s" sounds since it's such a high frequency and doesn't really make a big enough vibration for them to pick up on. i think it could be possible to become a good speaker even if you are deaf though if you practice enough, but i really don't know anything about this topic lol, i just talked to a deaf guy on the school bus a few times in high school