Why is that after all these years Code Geass is such blast to rewatch while Death Note is boring and shitty?

Why is that after all these years Code Geass is such blast to rewatch while Death Note is boring and shitty?

I've never watch code geass because the character designs are so shit.
They don't bother me as much so what should i expect going into it completely blind?

Shit taste

Code Geass was funny as fuck, I still laugh remembering how Lulu did one little accident and everything went to hell.

Shame R2 is shit from until you get to Emperor Lelouch

Lots of Keikakus

Because it's not a very serious show. Also a great cast of character under all those over-the-top plottwists.

It's basically a well-done melodrama. Everything is hammy and over the top, with action, keikakus, and drama flying everywhere. It also has some surprisingly decent themes and character arcs.

If you're into that kind of over the top storyline, then it's a fucking ride, but if you're not someone who "gets it" then I'm unsure how much you'll get out of it.

>Code Geass is such blast to rewatch while Death Note is boring and shitty
Both of them are boring and shitty user, you have a shit taste.

I find the manga of Death Note more enjoyable than the anime but I've just rewatched the first season of Code Geass lately in preparation for R3 coming out later this year and it's amazing how enjoyable it is despite the fact you know the twists and turns. I think we can all agree Mao and Diethard were the most interesting characters.

its believed r2 went through a very heavy rewrite, or rather, the director flat out said he had to do it as he was told to make R2 a show you that you can skip 2 or three episodes and still make sense of the plot because this is how all shows in prime time are done (when during R1 CG was in a very late night slot)

originally episode 24-25 of R1 was gonna be the first two episodes of R2 and the story would have continued from there rather then having a 1 year time skip.

Who?

One of the accomplices of the hacker known as "Sup Forums".

Tbh I would have been flat out livid if they ended R1 with Euphy causing a civil war and then dying and then all we get is 'see you in 6 month!'

Code Geass has fun characters and drama
Death Note is mostly about plot and Light's villain antics

JIBUN WOOOO

they are both shit. why rewatch overhyped shit from last decade?

Why rewatch anything at all then?

Because anything that happens in Death Note only has any weight due to what twist or change in status quo it can cause. If something doesn't feed into the cat-and-mouse between Light and L then it is of no consequence.

Code Geass is much less about the mind games and a lot more about the character. The show is filled with small directoral windows into each character's life and even minor characters often get to wax poetic about one thing or another. Death Note is more intense but Code Geass is more rich.

I'm halfway through season one right now op and I've been thinking the same thing.
It's so fucking good.
But they were insane to change the opening after only 12 episodes.

Pretty much this, Death Note has no rewatch value when you know how it ends and remember all memetic Light moments. In fact some scenes look absolutely dumb and pointless, like all of anime original shit(Misa's song, L and Light fujobait scenes). It's not really a show about character development.
In Code Geass secondary characters and plotlines actually matter and there's a ton of little things you can miss on the first watch.

Taniguchi is a cool dude, Araki is a hack
Kabaneri S2 when

Code Geass gets more and more insane while Death Note drops half of the driving force of the show's entertainment 2/3 of the way through and never recovers

Honestly, they do the best butts I've seen in non-ecchi anime.

That's a common thing to do you newfag

>newfag
It only became a common thing this decade, a lot of 2 cour shows from early to mid 2000s have only one opening, same goes for the most of 90s series.

The problem is that the only strong point of Death Note is the suspense. You keep watching because you want to know what these characters will do next, to see the next masterstroke that nobody saw coming.

But once you've seen what happens the magic is gone.

Code geass had some of this but it also had feels, spectacle, and comedy. It's just more well rounded than Death Note even if it doesn't reach Death Note's level of Keikaku.

Umm, yeah. Exactly this.

Because after Light start working together with L after pulling his falseflag scheme , Death Note becomes a fucking chore to watch
>Lets watch 67 Episodes of L and Light pursuing a fake Kira

It practically becomes slice of life and drags on until L dies

JIBUN WOOOOOOO

Quads of JIBUN WOOOO

I bet you like shit like Lain, Texnolyze and Tatami Galaxy, the real boring shit

Because you know how shit the Death Note ending is.
You're kind of expecting it, while Code Geass had a good ending.

>Lain, Texnolyze and Tatami Galaxy
Weird that you throw Tatami Galaxy in there, as it has more dialogue than Lain and Texhnolyze combined, which is also actually meaningful

Death Note was never good

It was good for its time.

It had memes, and that was about it.

Because Lelouch actually has ups and downs
Light has some until L dies but then it's just a downward spiral into an abyss of bad decisions
Lelouch gets constantly fucked over but still pulls successes out of his ass

code geass is unironically good in every aspect and appeals to multiple demographics

death note carries itself entirely on novelty, edge, and self inserting into light or L. it then completely shits on its own dynamic halfway through

there's a reason one has a shitload of spinoffs and the other is largely forgotten

It's not just success but also character traits
Lelouch is a character that has likeable and unlikable traits, Light is one-dimensional villain.

>tfw you first read the synopsis and thought that Light was actually going to be looking for a serial killer named Kira and using the death note to find clues
>got babby's first megalomaniac instead

lelouch is a lot more justified in his evil than light ever was and also has lots of obvious flaws (can't run, too proud to take certain choices, bad at mech ploting in a mecha series, ect) that actually fuck him over, while light loses basically because of writer fiat

>there's a reason one has a shitload of spinoffs and the other is largely forgotten
Besides being owned by Sunrise, that is.

Also that statement is less true today than it was a 2 years ago, need I remind

The worst part is that L is unironically the best part of the movie. He's the only guy who's even slightly interesting.

>not dafoe as ryuk