Darling in the Franxx

Sup Forums will defend this huge asspull

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ
hooktube.com/watch?v=HlKlN3UAEsY
seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/160-darling-in-the-franxx-pair-interview-hayami-saori-x-goto-hiroki/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/910
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not Sup Forums, Sup Forums.

This.
You have to be a newfag to not realize that Franxx threads are crossboarder shitfests.

You don't even know what an asspull is, his resistance was foreshadowed since episode 1.

An asspull is something completely out of left field, this was set up and deliverance of the absolute bets kind.

Naomi is dead

>Speaks about asspull.
>Doesn't even know what an asspull is.
And the autism keeps evolving.

They said he was having the opposite reaction of the other stamens
How did you autists not see this coming?

This desu

People thought the mc of an anime was actually going to die?

Worst asspull of the year, ALL YEARS. Franxxfags should hang themselves.

>Worst asspull
>I-It's not like they set this up from the very beginning
>It totally wasn't obvious and completely out of the way!!

kill yourself.

>MC literally dying from riding with her
>had no immunity or some other plot armor bullshit'
>suddenly power of friendship cures MC
>not asspull

>asspull
It was always apparent that this was going to happen. Sorry user, the fact that you ignored all the signs and thought that he was going to die was only your own fault. Furthermore, pointlessly killing the protag 6 eps in would only make the show worse.

Why does Zorome looks so surprised?

>but-t duh had no immunity
Jesus Christ I don't know if you're a shitposter or genuinely fucking retarded. Rewatch episode 4 it is specifically stated that Hiro's reaction is completely opposite to that of other pilot's. He is also called a special specimen by the APE council.

she was running in his direction

Hiro seems so happy to see his sister is alright, such a good guy

>muh he's special so it's not an asspull
That's not how you carry out non-asspull execution in writing when it's used at the 11th hour.

>foreshadowed since episode 1
>directly stated that his reactions to 02 are completely different than those of other stamens
>asspull
Speedwatchers should not watch trigger shows.

I think people were expecting him to transform, not die.

only Sup Forums hates episode 6

IT'S THE POWER OF LOVE

/thread

It's not an asspull, but people were expecting the protag to transform or someshit, not just absorb the infection like it was no big deal. I think people are more disappointed at the fact that he was able to do it at just the right time.

He will transform in the future. There are still 18 episodes to go.

I'll freely admit that it's cheap, but call it an asspull and I'll call you retarded.

I still don't understand how his "infection" works

But if you think a little, his eyes got red when he absorbed that thing. Maybe just to look cool? Or maybe some foreshadowing?

because it wasn't explained yet

>They said an asspull was coming so it was foreshadowed
Sasuga retards

>all these virgin cucks don't understand the power of love
hahaha I'm not even surprised at this point .

Woah its like we have 18 episodes more to explain it or something. Who would've thunk?

good point

His eye turning red could be foreshadowing, but it doesn't change the fact that he was able to reverse the infection at a VERY convenient time. They built up all this tension and then they pull your typical shounen shit. It's just that people expected something a more uncommon outcome.

Gurren Lagann is just Asspull too

Yes retard because the power of love in real life can save you from AIDS and certain death.

You clearly haven't understood anything.
>after Hiro pilots with 02, they said his yellow blood cell count increased, as opposed to other parasites
>guess what the franxx are powered by? "yellow" magma fuel
>so Hiro actually gains more "fuel" from piloting with 02, as opposed to other parasites which sees their "fuel" drained, and hence ded
>the problem is Hiro has a mental aversion to the extra "fuel" in his body because he still distinguish it as "monster", which manifests itself as blue blood/tumour
>as soon as he mentally overcomes this, the yellow blood cells naturally integrates with his body, so the symptoms disappear
>instead he gets a physical power-up because of the extra "fuel" energy in his body

You know that AIDS thing is just a meme right?

It obviously has something to with love or some shir holy fuck Sup Forums is literally retarded holy FUCK

This sounds too logical, so I highly doubt that's the actual explanation.

>power of love
>not an asspull

WITHOUT LOVE

Omg you're so retarded.

>such a good guy

such a good sibling, you mean?

It's an increased immune response due to adrenaline.

look at this ... and tell me that someone really cares about consistency in this show

youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ

It's the classic early plot retcon. If you didnt see this coming you may be retarded.

Aids doesn't kill you.

It will eventually. There is no cure for it.

Yes, I'm aware. I was just explaining that the power of love does not apply in real life.

O

O

Fan service is fan service. However they laid down plenty of themes and motifs that is difficult to ignore. The directors clearly have something in mind.

The only remaining question is what exactly is the yellow "fuel"? Given the theme around lives my bet is it is the physical manifestation of life essence (in the magma fuel's case it's the life essence of the planet, think FF7). The "adults" don't have any because they gave up their humanity, and thus they "mine" it to power themselves.

MY

>power of love
I think it was more about "will to live" than "power of love." The change was in Hiro wanting to live to be able to aid 02, not in 02 expressing her love for Hiro and that magically healing him or something. Will to live at least has some real world research supporting that the psychology may indeed impact biological response to disease and mortality.

zorome is the type to overreact to everything

Aids wont kill you, but the immunocompromised state caused by it will.

It's not that it's an asspull you fucking ape. It's that "power of love/friendship" is a lazy solution to his infection. It's been done before. It's completely reasonable; it's just disappointing.

He is cute as he is. And also annoying.
But he will still be loved

hiro piloting for himself is the thing that had been killing him

if ichigo pilots alone, or any stament (for herself) she dies

the difference is that for 02 the pistil must also pilot for someone else or die

O

>Franxxfags should Franxx themselves

LMAO.

They literally said in the show that he was having a reverse reaction to 02. They couldn't have made it more clear he wasn't going to die yet

bitch it's LOVE

>and tell me that someone really cares about consistency in this show
You know during that first startup scene, people were distracted by butts while not noticing Futoshi and Kokoro had the lowest sync rate despite seeming like a perfect couple and they still do the few times you see it. But hey, that couldn't mean anything for the future at all. They don't care about consistency and all.

No need be explained, you should watch the episode.

and on top of that he and ichigo got clearly defined as the best around. there are only 13 people better than them, probably 9 at the end of the ep is part of the "elite" gang. they're probably evil

>hooktube.com/watch?v=HlKlN3UAEsY

Anybody good at Japanese here? I need help translating DariFura's special tv program. I'll do the subbing, timing and everything. Help translate every line and text on the screen, and throw the pastebin link in these threads.

Ohayou means hello

Weren't paying attention were you? Hiro is actually "Nine Iota" or 910 not 016. He's obviously still special though.

>hurr durr all anime with fanservice is instant shit and the creators don't care
Kill yourself

i'M FROM Sup Forums AND THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME

THIS IS THE FUCKING GURREN LAGANN OF OUR GENERATION GUYS

I FUCKING WARNED YOU. HIRO WILL DIE IN THE END.

>Previous episode
>Wow mc is having the exact opposite reaction to riding with 02!
>Imply this throughout 5 episodes

You have autism.

I'm about 5 minutes in and they've tried remarkably hard to say absolutely nothing interesting

correct. a spic tore someone's heart out of their chest still alive across the street from me and the police are fighting ICE over these dumb bean niggers

did not pay close attention

Trigger brings the QUALITY back again!
when's the next Trigger episode?

02 will die

He was supposed to become ONI
Not heal due to the power of friendship love and emotions!!

Kokoro's VA had an interview that suggested the character had issues that are not obvious at first impression. Supposedly she'll have a "180-degree turnaround in personality." They also gave reams of background info for each character. They aren't making this up as they go along.

seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/01/11/160-darling-in-the-franxx-pair-interview-hayami-saori-x-goto-hiroki/

Fair enough

I know about that. I'm using that as an example that there are long term planning and consistency in the show

>muh ass pull
it's says that Hiro has opposite reaction to anyone that piloted with her
He was okay with dying if it meant he was useful, but when he realized that 002 was suffering and they failed, he regained the will to live.

It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life
That's the power of love
That's the power of love
First time you feed it might make you sad
Next time you feed it might make you mad
But you'll be glad baby when you've found
That's the power that makes the world go round

I knew it

Has Strelizia always had glossy lips? First time I've noticed this.

Theory time boys
>9 Iota = 910
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/910
>June 12 – Battle of Augsburg: The Hungarians defeat the East Frankish army under King Louis IV (the Child), using the famous feigned retreat tactic of the nomadic warriors.[1] Count Gausbert, the actual commander of the East Frankish army (because Louis IV is only 16 years old at this time), is killed in the battle.
June 22 – Battle of Rednitz: The Hungarians defeat the East Frankish army near the Rednitz River, killing its leader Gebhard, Duke of Lotharingia (Lorraine). After the battle Louis IV, together with the East Frankish duchies Franconia, Lotharingia, Bavaria and Saxony, agrees to pay tribute to the Hungarian state.

O MY POWER OF LOVE

So what is Zero Two's wish? To don't be alone be more human? Why she needs to keep killing Klaxososaurs?

When too much Shaft is too much

I don't know if I'd call it an asspull, but it certainly was very disappointing.
They could have gone in so many different directions, and they went with this.

OP has a point, though. If he had the opposite reaction, then why was he killing himself by riding with her? He would have died if he didn't suddenly be special after some soul searching and friendship realization.

The lips of a woman become more red during peak fertility / ovulation and also in times of sexual stimulation.

To die.

>Robo DSL's

POWER OF LOVE > POWER OF FRIENDSHIP
SUCK IT

How will she be next episode?

Modest and grateful?
Even more flirtatious and clingy?