Why didn't this get another season?

Why didn't this get another season?
One of the top most watched anime in japan during its airing no joke

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDcvkQ3_Ibc
youtube.com/watch?v=68JweELFjlU
capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew
m.youtube.com/watch?t=10s&v=a4wWQ5u4R2E
youtube.com/watch?v=bVX4dd0TQMg
youtube.com/watch?v=ctzbGg0EZ2A
youtube.com/watch?v=7pBWGp7vDKI
youtube.com/watch?v=dwoi6-8UFQI
youtube.com/watch?v=_YF5kO5_oHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>capcom
>spending money

It was a promotion of PW6, we'll get more chapters when PW7 releases.

They dropped the ball in the court scenes. I'm still mad they decided to not animate Rise from the Ashes.

because, sadly, it was just advertisement

Because some games dont work really well on abime. Just like dangabronpa.

Not animating rise and instead adding FILLER EPISODES is so fucking mind boggling.

Anyway the reason there wasn't more is the same reason why Kaiji never got more seasons, they were just advertisements. The anime for this was advertising AA6 while Kaiji anime 1 and 2 was advertising the Kaiji movie 1 and 2 respectively. And since Kaiji 2 movie bombed, no Kaiji 3 movie and no Kaiji 3 anime.

It'd be nice if it were better animated this time around. The CG and the drawn animations didn't mesh well.

Probably because it wasn't in the original release of the games, if anything, and I don't remember if it really is an "official" case according to the story in later games. I vaguely remember the case, the main thing being that it was amazing and probably the most satisfying of any cases in the stories with Phoenix. I'd like to revisit it to see if it still holds up for me.

It is canon and Takumi straight up said he wrote the case to give a reason as to why Edgeworth fucked off before AA2 events and didn't return until the last case. The corruption in the prosecutor's office (Von Karma and Lana Skye) as well as corruption in the police (Gant) were supposed to be the main reasons for him fucking off and losing trust in both the system and the police, which is also why Edgeworth doesn't trust anyone other than Phoenix and Gumshoe in that game.

Wasn't this terrible? I never watched it, but I remember seeing the complaints.

The animation was terrible, but it was otherwise quite faithful and enjoyable, it also completely redeemed the circus case, so the one job they had, they did properly and didn't fuck it up.

Having played the original trilogy and watched everything, I have to disagree user, Danganronpa, specially the first anime, just cut the crap and went straight to the Trials.

Huh.

It also has perfect recreation of the DS version of Objection and Cornered, but with high quality synth mixed with live orchestra instead of DS low quality midi synth and poorly sampled fake orchestra.
youtube.com/watch?v=YDcvkQ3_Ibc
youtube.com/watch?v=68JweELFjlU

I legit enjoyed it despite the awful art and animation.

>It is canon and Takumi straight up said he wrote the case to give a reason as to why Edgeworth fucked off before AA2 events
Where'd you hear this? because Takumi didn't write that case, he supervised it but it was written by the new team that would be writing the games from AA4 onwards. He had a supervisory role in AA4 as well but again he wasn't the writer (he was just there to ensure Capcom's orders of "Phoenix being there" and "The jury system being there" were followed)

BONES will save Trials and Tribulations, you all will see.

capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew

>- The original Japanese version of AA1 only had four episodes. The fifth episode, “Rise from the Ashes”, was added 4 years later when the game was brought to the Nintendo DS. When creating episode 5, Mr. Takumi wanted to make sure it linked up story-wise with why Edgeworth disappeared in AA2, so he approached it from the angle of “what would be the most damaging to Edgeworth’s psyche?” Therefore, despite the seriousness of a topic like police corruption, he felt that corruption and betrayal from within the prosecutor’s office was the way to go.

1-5 has it's own credits. Takumi's credited with the script and planning. Yamazaki is also credited with the planning but not the script.

>Not animating rise and instead adding FILLER EPISODES is so fucking mind boggling.
I don't get why people keep complaining about filler in AA, most of the series is technically filler. Most of the appeal of said series comes from the fun dialogue/banter regardless and not the overarching story (the more recent games try harder to make more of the game be about it, said stories still suck ass and don't hold up but for the accompanying fun dialogue/banter though) so it shouldn't be an issue anyway?

Something else to maybe consider is that, to Japan, Rise to the Ashes is almost certainly not as iconic to them as it is to the west's fanbase. The DS versions of the trilogy were just ports of shit they've already played after all, whereas it was the "original experience" for us.

>most of the series is technically filler
Literally most of the series is focused on overarching plot and the only truly filler game is AA2 where cases 1-3 are literal filler that doesn't matter.
All of AA1 cases lead up to next main plot things, 3 out of 5 of AA3's cases are main plot.
All games after that have all cases be main plot except for DLC in AA5 and 6.

AA1's the only mainline game that doesn't have filler in it at all. I don't see how 1-3 is filler when it's what establishes several main character's core personalities for pretty much the rest of the series.

It's not a bad thing regardless, because the overarching plot is the weakest individual aspect of all of these games. Don't understand how anyone who likes these games would get upset over it.

> is AA2 where cases 1-3 are literal filler that doesn't matter.
2-2 is one of the most important cases in the entire trilogy plot-wise though

he means the first three cases of AA2, not case 1-3 form AA1

Yeah my bad about Case 2, but Case 1 and Case 3 are still literally worthless filler with no relevance to anything at all in AA2 and don't establish anything.

I didn't think the circus case was that bad in the game honestly. Aside from the ventriloquist guy going around in circles too much for it to be entertaining.

Kay > maya

it was on prime time

different set of expectations there

Mia > Everyone
how many nuts i've busted on her..

The most hardened and diligent assistant who was the least affected by fucked up shit going was weirdly this cutie patooty

>AA5's cutscenes vs AA6's cutscenes

god they make me sad

Trucy is the best, she also has the best neck and collarbones,yes that is my fetish.

What do you mean? AA6 models are MASSIVELY improved compared to AA5.
I was going through AA4 on 3DS recently and then into AA5 and good god Apollo's and Trucy's models looked like shit compared to their beautiful high-res sprites from 3DS version of AA4.
But AA6 fixed that.

You've literally picked one of the shittiest characters ever. Fuck man, i would gladly smash Oldbag instead of that cringe shit.

>Athena at the crime scene: holy shit what is happening even, Mr Wright/Apollo what do I do?!
>Pearl at the crime scene: shit nigga pass me that forensicking powder, lets crack this case
what the hell

Might as well ask here: Can I play Dangan 2 if my only experience with Dangan 1 is the anime? Or is it worthwhile to play through the first game?

No, no, I meant the animated ones, Bones to A-1. Those depressed me.

She is dead jim
At least we can agree that kay has the best theme song ? This is beautiful

m.youtube.com/watch?t=10s&v=a4wWQ5u4R2E

Play the game, knowing the twist doesn't take away from the fun of "HowCatchEm".
Just treat it like a Columbo episode except videogame.

It's catchy, yeah. Orchestral version is nice too
youtube.com/watch?v=bVX4dd0TQMg

it's nothing but advertisement

Sounds like Naruto shit so no.
I like Trucy's theme the most because of how muzzak it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=ctzbGg0EZ2A

Well..kay has little thief.

>Mia clearly prefers Pearl's body and jumps into her regularly
>also fucks Phoenix regularly
>Pearl subconsciously gets addicted to his dick
>always feels good around him
>mfw Phoenix made Pearl into the perfect cocksock by using Mia's spirit

AA1 had the best OST of the series.

Man just because it has a xilophone and kay is a "ninja" does not mean os naruro shit.

And trucy is really a boring panty flasher girl.

I dunno, AA5's was pretty great. Iwadare is a god though.

youtube.com/watch?v=7pBWGp7vDKI
youtube.com/watch?v=dwoi6-8UFQI
youtube.com/watch?v=_YF5kO5_oHw

I feel PLvsPW's dethroned it. Yeah it has a fair few remixes in there but it has it's own stuff too, and both the remixes and the original stuff sounds great.

Stupid user, it's obvious that if she's dead that's even better. She can't scream if you rape her, also worms can be an astonishing source of pleasure too.

Because it was a joke.

AAI2 > SOJ > TT > PWAA > DD > AAI > AJ > JFA
Apollo x Trucy

People have been requesting an anime adaption for years but I feel like it doesn't work as well without the whole "player presses characters for all this random but funny dialogue" that you can't get in the anime. It just won't live up to how it is in the original games.

It was always solely going to exist for the sake advertising the franchise so they should've just done a wacky gag spin-off of some sort. Or maybe original cases?

I'll have to respectfully disagree.
Most of the fun of the game for me isn't in the story itself, it's in figuring out the mysteries and getting to know the characters, both things basically cut from the anime. The viewer doesn't have most of the evidence they need to figure out or even wonder about the cases themselves, and without the character interaction you don't form the personal attachment to the characters that make their betrayals and deaths so impactful.

What does Balamb Garden Suicide mean

>WHY DID THEY CREATE NEW STORY THINGS INSTEAD OF JUST REUSE THE CASE EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT REEEE
Fucking neck yourself.

>bitches and whores
>Regina
Take it back!