Should this series have ended on the Namek Arc? How would you have ended Dragon Ball?

Should this series have ended on the Namek Arc? How would you have ended Dragon Ball?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=muvdYM3Pa_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

goku and freeza both killed

no more super saiyans

power scaling is fix

fix the mistake of tien and his bullshit bringing db into dbz mode

not really
Goku should have died in namek doe

And then Cell ark with gohan taking the lead. And then you kan finish it.

Buu ark was pure filler and everything else ater that was and is pure trash

Cell was rushed trash with major ass pulls and plot holes. And spammed plot twists every 2 episodes. Plus Gohan had zero build or hype. And dont say he did because he was literally never in the plot. When real shit started. Kek.

It should have ended with Piccolo.

>Goku and Frieza die on Namek
>Nobody else goes super saiyan until Gohan fights Cell
>Vegeta and Buu both die in Vegetas big explosion

Vegeta is the emperor of the universe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Toriyama originally intend to end it with the death of Frieza? SSJ was supposed to be this special thing only Kakarot was, the culmination of all his trials, and the ultimate reason for his prodigal growth.

The plot and animation standard seems inconsistent after that. Trunks killing Frieza so easily was, to me, the promise of 5 new seasons. Now, mere children can reach SSJ by accident— Toriyama is practically Oprah. Look under your chaiiiiir EVERYONE gets SSJ! He was put under pressure to continue, and eventually spoil, his magnum opus.

Just one man's opinion. Watch the original series, and Z only up the Namek arc. That's the ultimate Dragonball experience.
On a similar note . . . Bleach ends with the death of Aizen. Don't shoot a messenger.

would vegeta and trunks still be super sayians?

yeah, the power crawl had a make everyone who was sayain, become super sayian to keep up. but once you get past gohan it just gets stupid, why did goten and trunks get it? why are they stronger than freiza while younger than gohan and zero fighting experiance?

Dragon Ball should have ended when Dragon Ball ended. That is, before Z. Power scaling is a non-issue when you end things while fights were interesting and weren't decided by who was able to attain the form with the highest magical muscle power.

IT WAS GOHAN'S TIME
youtube.com/watch?v=muvdYM3Pa_Q

I would have ended it at cell and made the early martial arts tournament in the Buu saga an epilogue.

Honestly? I would've been fine with EoZ. Really.I love the Dragonball that was. Fuck GT and Super.

>Should this series have ended on the Namek Arc?
Yes.

Toriyama recently read the Namek arc again and even he was surprised how suspenseful he made it

He simply can't top it anymore

The series ending with Namek would be bad, both Vegeta's and Gohan's character development was still incomplete.

>Vegeta stays in the fucking ground

Easy fix

King or Jr?

fucking this

if DBZ wasn't a shonen

And Vegeta went pure shit since the Cell saga. I miss old Vegeta.

DBZ was excellent in sum. Namek is the best arc. Cell Arc was fine. The Buu arc got out of hand after Vegeta sacrificed himself, but it ended on a high note. Overall, a fantastic anime.

King.

Nah, not at all, so much cool and necessary shit happens in the other arcs, I think ending it in the buu saga was the right decision

Right before the saiyan arc is the most natural ending point in DB's storyline, and feels much less forced than otehrs such as EoZ or right after the Cell games. It would also conclude Goku's storyline with him having just become the strongest fighter on Earth and also married.

Have it end with Namek but have Vegeta become the new protector of Earth. With Goku's sacrifice he learned what compassion for others meant.

Ends with cell's defeat. The final battle gainst cell plays out differently. Spirit goku transmits the knowledge of ultimate instinct into gohan. Super namekkian El grande verde piccolo absorbs kami after cell attains perfection and fights him on equal footing, stalling for gohan to attain blanco form and vaporize cell down to the last atom.

This

You know it's pushed its fucking limits when Yamcha vs Tien is better than anything in Z or Super - at least that felt like a real fight rather than "oh no u r more powerful then me so now I WILL BECUM MORE POWERFUL!!"

You could pretty much have the rest of DBZ post Namek without Goku. Just have Vegeta be the one who struggles with defending Earth and dying of a heart disease because he got it on a different planet trying to surpass Goku's SSJ.