So this thing was basically a Franxx version of Ramiel from eva?

So this thing was basically a Franxx version of Ramiel from eva?

I think a lot of the klaxosaur designs will be freaky like this. Who cares though? This episode proved the FranXX is nothing more than a safe shonen anime.

That's okay, by the way. I enjoy watching it. But to everybody pretending this is some really deep show, or an Eva dethroner... well, you're just wrong. This isn't even in the same realm as Eva.

It's clearly Zeruel.

But muh bird and flower metaphors brah

it's clearly a metaphor for a dick pounding

how can you not see that

No one had died in episode 6 of Eva either.

To add, Asuka wasn't even introduced until episode 8

People are forgetting that this is a two cour show.

just like klk was a shonen battle tournament until hey it wasn't

Daily reminder this show is high test.

Darling is over 75% an A1 show. Trigger is mostly along for the ride here. My point is

>A1 could ever be capable of writing and producing anything close to evangelion, ttgl or macross

no.

>what is Sora no Woto

this
this poser is correct.

i like it, but this is no God-Tier anime throne

In episode 6 of NGE Asuka hadn't even been introduced.

In episode 6 of TTGL Kamina was still alive.

Give this shit some fucking time before making asinine projections of where the plot is headed

We're taking about mecha anime here, not 5 minutes of a spider like tank in the final episode sweetie. Did you notice the titles I listed? Thanks for playing.

It also wasn't shounen shit for the first 6 episodes

Writing for mecha is not some kind of special thing that only a small subsect of writers can handle and ttgl is not even that well written.

>ITT retards discuss where a full cour anime will go when its only 6 episodes in.

As others have said with regards to retarded EVA comparisons - Asuka doesn't even show up till episode 8

missing the point yet again yancy. OP said 'this could be something special'

a1 can't do special cuz. eva, ttgl and macross are special. macross is the best written of all 3.

It reminded me more of FLCL

>judging an 8 hour show on merely 2 hours of footage
I genuinely can't believe that people are so stupid they would think a show would have a clear direction when it barely started.

No one have said anything in this thread about FranXX doing anything special.
But A1 can do something special since they have already proven that they can with SnW. And once again it doesn't matter that it is a mecha show since the criteria for special doesn't suddenly become unobtainable just because of past masterpieces in the genre.
Also studios don't write stuff, people do and the writer for this have never writen for an A1 show before to my knowledge. And Nishigori even worked on ttgl.

>This isn't even in the same realm as Eva.
Good, Eva is garbage.

>sweetie.
>Thanks for playing.
nothingpersonnel

>comparing weaponized construction equipment to a mountain blasting space laser

It's hard to argue against someone who dislike the premise of a show.
I can say though that the reason they cheer in the end is because most people don't want to die.
And they play the trumpet firstly since they don't speak the other nations language secondly since it is easier to get both side to listen immediately with music since it can be seen as an universal language and if they used words one of the side would not understand.
And they don't get into trouble since they are best friends with the princess, the one who made the peace possible in the first place.

Are they seen as mythological beings with magical powers or did people of their world understand that it was an advanced weapon from superior lost technology?

There have been some time since I watched it, but I don't believe their spider tank was that different in design from the rest and I believe that the fact that a past civilisation had superior technology was common knowledge so I'm sure they weren't too suprised.

They overdid it with the eva references this episode

I was half expecting an impact right there.

This. These first six episodes felt more like a setup arc or just merely the first chapter.

That would have been a great twist.

I'm hoping that at some point in the series we actually get something along those lines

Ramiel was an Evangelion version of Simo Häyhä.

all I see are some underboobs

They're just messing around now.
Tho it's interesting that their "demon" had such angelical wings.

This. A mixture between FLCL and Gurren Lagan.

Already a thing

AH AH AH AH
AH AH AH AH

It needs to stop referencing Eva, the designs are fucking trash in comparison and it just feels like empty and forced. Every time it references Eva it just makes me think "Oh look it's like Eva but Eva did it a thousand times better".

Also not sure why anyone watches this for the battles. The mech designs are fucking trash, the Klaxosaurs are uninspired at best, and there was barely any character development in this fight (the closest was Hiro going from wanting to pilot it at all costs to wanting to pilot it at all costs but for a slightly different reason).

I wish the anime would have went in slow motion after Hiro collapses. The events outside Hiro's mind I mean. Since he is semi-conscious, it would accentuate the fact that his neuronal activity has a different "tempo" so to say from that of the other characters. It would also fix the fact that the wall holds on for so long too conveniently and the other characters don't do anything in the meanwhile. If Hiro is unconscious for a shorter period of time, all this is fixed.

I actually would have done every single scene in this episode differently compared to how it was done.

The last episode was fucking awesome

This is the Gurren Lagann of our generation

Klaxosaur was pretty similar to Rebuild Ramiel. Also pic related happened in episode 6

When the fuck was it established that the franxxes are running out of fuel? What a cheap scene.

Beginning of episode 5, you fucking speedwatcher

It's probably a limitation of their older models. I imagine that big attack they used at the end exhausted a lot of whatever they use as fuel, since they thought it would end it and so put everything they had into it.

It's Sachiel, you mongs

Sup speedwatcher-kun

More importantly why an experienced pilot riding in one of these fucking robots doesn't know when he's running out of fuel, why there isn't any sort of fuel indicator inside the robot? I have the bare minimum IQ to be functional and even I can tell when I'm about to run out of fuel and need to suck out some more from other cars.
Also even through you're even stupider than me for not listening to them talk about fuel powering the robots that was in fact a cheap scene cause it came out of nowhere as in nothing even led up to it he's just suddenly there and suddenly completely out of fuel, ignored things that were said before (experience of the pilots) and was only there for George Lucas tier poetry of the greenhorn pilot saving a veteran who underestimated them (for a good reason cause like some time prior the retarded baby just slams into one of his one after getting juked by a dumb ass klax thing).
Also I'm going to open up the episode again to see if this guy who doesn't have fuel is moving again after that.

Concept is nothing like Eva, all their forms are Trigger fighting shapes to the max.

Ok to their credit they just evacuate the other squad off screen and apparently robots without fuel are capable of standing on their own or limp cause whatever who cares.

Maybe the other robots shared some magma with him

It could be anything, this is just one if grand mysteries that makes Darling in the FranXX a great show my brother

Why is he the only one who ran out of fuel though? The others seem to be doing just fine and the guy ran out of fuel a while ago.

He was doing a lot more big jumps since he was the one who kept landing the finishing blows.

Even if this was true it would open up a whole new can of worms about how exactly these robots consume energy and how much time they got if they're being active vs just standing around and this can of worms won't do the show any favors.

Plus the show doesn't do cliffhangers. They wouldn't show that Hiro still has the blue thing at the end of the episode, even if it was still there.

Our main squad is unreasonably incompetent, i don't expect perfect synergy but have they never received any tactical training at all? Bumping into each other, no strategy etc.

Ichigo and Goro are good.

Remember that the protagonist mechs are all unique.

I think the fact that no one has bothered mentioning fuel in any of the previous fights is significant. I suspect that the mass produced Franxx have stringent fuel concerns but the specialized Franxx we see don't.

Exactly
This show is the Gurren Laann of our generation. Not the EVA

TTGL was in 2007, how fucking underage are you?

That was 11 years ago grandpa.
Are you still watching cartoons? lol

> not covering the hand with honey

I prefer to go off of things that were established in the show and all we know so far is that mechs need magma to work and so far only one of them ever ran out of fuel and even then it happened suddenly to generate drama and complete a pretty bad arc of Squad 12 showing S26 that they underestimated them even though they hardly achieved anything worth mentioning up to this point.
As such I can only assume that fuel problem was never mention not as a sign of custom robots having a whole lot of charge on them but rather cause the writers didn't find a use for it. If it's actually intended I'm sure having a single extra line of dialogue to establish this wouldn't be exactly insulting the viewers intelligence.

Such a wacky life or death scenario

Takes me back, good old times before you were even born.

So between the beginning of episode 5, and the middle of episode 6, they forgot to refuel that guy's franxx? What?

>gets out fucking played by a retarded techno race dinosaur
>slams into a teammate he didn't seem to know was there
>why these nasty pilots think they're better than us

They lacked the power of love

Their green as grass but they got to be put into the field anyway because they don't have the luxury of time to train.
The monsters are attacking constantly.

Not even the dual wielding syrians are as goofy as they are

This. Mass produced Franxx also use magma energy clips to power their whips, while P13 Franxx take it from within. Strelizia herself outputs absurd amounts and never fucking runs out.
The only time she ran out of fuel was when she wrecked Mitsuru and they had to retrieve her, which leads me to believe she can drain the stamen's energy and turn it into magma or something like that.
If I were to go wild with speculation, and assuming klaxosaurs are bees and magma the honey they create, and considering that the only way to kill them is using it, I suspect magma is some sort of semi-organic fluid capable of giving, or removing, magic bullshit power-ups to machines that consume it.
There's also the possibility the magma itself is sentient; it reacted with Hiro and 02's cry and took the shape of wings.

Anyways, why didn't they show P26's cockpit's female side? Are they in a different position, one with no sexual connotations perhaps? Is this why P13 Franxx never have problems with fuel? Maybe sexual tension amplifies magma efficiency. Maybe magma is literally sentient oni cum.

>The only time she ran out of fuel was when she wrecked Mitsuru
She didn't run out of fuel. THe link between her and Mitsuru was severed since he passed out, so Strelizia stopped functioning, just like she does in episode 6 before 002 activates stampede mode.

Fuck off.

I'm not asking whether or not those models have limited fuel, but when in that scene is it shown that the guy was running low on fuel before it happened. How did he not know he was low on fuel before it was too late?

Basically: fuck Amamiya.

It's a wonder anyone thought building the mechs for those idiots was a good idea.

So maybe custom Franxx convert power of love into magma.
There might also be a connection between literal honey and magma power, at least thematically.

I hope writers actually explain this but I'm leaning towards thinking that it's just bullshit cause they don't care about it and won't be a problem ever again in the show unless they want to create more tension

I thought about that as well. I'm curious why Strelizia never seems to use those magma fuel clips we see in the first episode. A canister is used and ejected to kill the klaxo in the first episode. In the 3rd with Mitsuru I'd say Strelizia didn't use a very significant amount of power so probably didn't need it, but in 4 and 6 with Hiro the spear is definitely used multiple times at high power but there are no clips anymore.

The only difference I see is that in 4 and 6 Hiro is the stamen while he is definitely awake and in the fight and we still haven't seen exactly what's happening in 1. I wonder if supplemental magma fuel is only required when the stamen/pistil/their sync isn't that amazing, so Strelizia just doesn't need any extra. A connection with yellow blood cells perhaps? Hiro's body rather than being drained of energy and killed, actually generates more which he feeds to Strelizia?

>the mechs are all pairs of boys and girls
>the girl bends over and the dude plays galaga or some shit with her asscheeks idk
>none of the kids know what kissing is
>the strongest mech chick knows about kissing and does it to her "daaaaaarling" to power him up
>they hold hands when they exit the mech and flirt around, which none of the other pairs do
>the whole show is just an allegory for how love conquers all

did i nail it, Sup Forums?

Congratulations, you watched the show.

I think people judge the show's writing too harshly for not throwing out shocking swerves or nonstandard plot twists in the actual narrative flow of the story. The overall plot writing, anyway. The actual dialog and narration is another discussion.

The show may not be killing off its Kamina or becoming some weird examination of hedgehog issues or awakening a giant robot to suck up the world's libido to turn back time or turning into a car, but it's still clearly setting up something going on in the more mundane level of the actual world it takes place in. They didn't even bother to animate the girl in the P26 leader's FranXX, but they put this whole thing in about them running out of fuel when it could've just as easily been rendered immobile by damage to set up the same Argentea save? We've had a bunch of shit about Hiro's weird biological reactions to 02, what she's supposed to normally do with her partners, and an increasing amount of talk about how odd the whole P13 group is in general form its parasites to its FranXX. It's simultaneously nonstandard enough but not too weird to disappoint anons who think it's going to be Eva or Utena or something and those who are just looking for the next wild ride. It's been a pretty consistent show in building up the wider mystery while not being too radical in its actual story or character dynamics. The only real surprise there is 02 not completely breaking down in typical fashion for these sorts of heroines.

Cute

I feel bad for big FranXX now.

>[Monster Hunter Intensifies]

The wings
What the hell was it?

a visual metaphor perhaps?

>What the hell was it?
Cool as fuck.

It's quite an accomplishment to actually watch the show you're discussing.

i remember some part where they mentioned "absolute cutters at maximum" or something along those lines.
maybe the harpoon weapons squad 26 used feed off the franxx' power supply

Concentrated Love Power

The awakening of the S2 engine

bird metaphor

cute jobber