Tonegawa adaptation confirmed

>Tonegawa adaptation confirmed
>it's by Madhouse, just like Kaiji and Akagi
FUCKING HYPE

Other urls found in this thread:

comic-days.com/blog/entry/judai-happyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the manga any good? It's not by FKMT, right?

Yes
No, but the style is pretty similar

Fair enough, might as well watch that and hope it is them testing waters for Kaiji S3 or a full adaptation of Akagi

It's by his assistants and Fukumoto usually has bro tier assistants. I'm looking forward to the thing

Well life action of the rest of Washizu battle is already confirmed, so at least something is about to come complete.

I’m looking forward to seeing fkmt style animated 10 years after Kaiji had aired!
I really do hope it’s just them testing the waters for more fkmt adaptations. Feels bad that it’s not gonna be Akagi, but anything would be good, really.

>high-res FKMT style

My dick is diamonds

>We could have gotten San
>We could have gotten Kurosawa
>Nah let's do a spinoff

>san

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji*

Is the composer who got arrested for having weed out of jail yet

Shit man I hope this does well
Other FKMT stuff might get done

I only watched Kaiji until the Pachingo arc

is there more anime?
is it worth watching?

Nope. Only manga. Very worth reading though.

There's more manga, part 3 4 and 5 are over (although 5 isn't entirely translated yet. It's good. You should read Strongest Man Kurosawa first though.

Even if he is I doubt they'd hire him again, unfortunately.

So what is the order to read FKMT works? Are they even finished?

Finished:
Akagi + Ten
Strongest Man Kurosawa (fuck Shin Kurosawa it doesn't count)
Buraiden Gai

Ongoing:
Kaiji (part 6 so far)
Zero (waiting for part 3)
Gin to Kin (it's kill)

not counting the spinoffs

Z E R O
E
R
O

Z E R O C H A N C E

All parts are readable as it is. Finished and fully translated big ones are:

>Kaiji series, overall no end in sight, pt6 is ongoing:
Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji = s1 anime
Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji = s2 anime
Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - simplified mahjong arc, I swear it's ez
Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya Hen = certain Kazuya kid being a piece of shit
(Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - One Poker Hen = simplified poker arc, is being translated right now)

>Akagi series, it's complete but it looks like there will be more:
Akagi - read it to see the rest after the anime
Ten - Tenna Toori no Kaidanji - hard mahjong and a bunch of great fucking people

>Zero, looks like it's a trilogy, waiting for pt3
Tobaku Haouden Rei - rich and cute middle schooler Zero messing with kaiji mob-likes and wrecking shit
Tobaku Haouden Rei - Gyanki Hen - young adult Zero and his party looking for treasure

Buraiden Gai - cruel world and a 13yo
Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa - cruel world and a 44yo

A ton of spinoffs done by assistants, not a single one is fully translated. All of them are pretty great
A ton of one shots, a little bit of them are translated. They are all from earlier years, expect 80s goofy grafix
Some collab works, the translated ones are Life and Confession. It's readable, but incomparable to Gai or Kurosawa

>boo hoo fuck Shin
It's ongoing and the translations are dropped 2 years ago of course it does not count as "finished". pls

None of them are as popular as that spinoff so yeah pretty much

Z E E R O P A R C E N T O

Why is the rest of the manga not translated?

Because you haven't translated it yet.

>cute middle schooler Zero
He's in high school actually.

Just read it raw user. You do know Japanese, right?

Official announcement (including a jab at the leak):
comic-days.com/blog/entry/judai-happyo

fug I wanted to do things properly but screwed up anyway.

I don't blame you, I thought he was 14 for the longest time too.

>wanting to see kurosawa animated
Dude why?

KISAMAAA

If it's a properly done movie it could safe lives.

You can't do Kurosawa properly as a movie, it's more of an anime or tv drama kind of story.

Kurosawa as an original anime would have been the neatest shit ever. I can even see the weeklong shitposting the cliffhangers would generate

member people here thought this app having Tokugawa as their mascot along with their launch announcement is announcing something anime related? How peculiar, it kinda happened.

I think it's one of these manga really sensible to the custom reading speed so I agree it would be a challenge to animate.

Because no one wants to do free work for eops.

Who?

Say 'aaaah'
English Only Peasants

I would've expected a second season of Akagi to be honest but I guess this announcement makes that likely to happen at some point.
Still, would've fit now that the manga is finished.

Would you, Sup Forums?

Absolutely. It's incredible how much your opinion of her serene beauty can change in only 26 weeks.

She has a nice body and I like her fashion style.

It's not really like Akagi or Kaiji though. It's more of a wacky slice of life series with Tonegawa and FKMT blacksuits being silly and kawaii as fuck.

Not that it's a bad thing mind you.

Ah? That is me!
I thought it's one of those online hosting capitalizing on my work complaint, although usually translators don't give a shit, they do it as an ad for the series and this way it's even more effective as an ad.

This. If you're familiar with FKMT's sense of humor from Kurosawa, then this series is chock full of it.

It's essentially Kurosawa but starring Tonegawa and all the silly shenanigans being from the point of view of the "bad guys".

She is not that bad.

She's a damn nice girl on top of that. No one else is going to throw money at fucking Kaiji. He's not going to find a better wife anywhere else.

>point of view of the "bad guys"
Shizuka's fun gang of middle school demons spinoff when?

If you own Chef's bag of beauty she is a 11/10

it wont be the same without the musician at all. fuck the anime industry for blacklisting him

Kaiji uno arc when?

is he wearing a gucci sweatshirt? I always knew he was rich.

So did everyone else who watched season 2.

I was always confused as to his logic in season 2, he had enough money saved up to keep playing that game for the big prize but the amount he had saved up was such a large amount couldn't he have lived off of that

But without his precious mikoko

What are our chances of Kaiji S3 if this does particularly well?

why would you want it

He stole(borrowed) that money from the guy he worked for. Can't buy a house with that.

Not him, but I loved the animated season 1 and 2. It was just so great and the soundtrack was amazing.

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that, Its been such a long time since I've watched or read Kaiji.

Kaiji 3 is fucking shit. Even Kaiji 2 was.

I agree about Kurosawa though, it's his magnum opus but probably doesn't attract audiences.

Okay but the composer is blacklisted and possibly still in prison so

Kaiji 3 > 2 > 1
Ten > Kurosawa

take your shit opinion to your grave

It's still not clear with Madhouse doing all that capeshit and LNshit if they are dying or just hibernating. Kaiji is popular enough to have assorted side projects and Akagi is a patron saint of a ton of real life people playing chinese dominoes so there are even tournaments tl;dr people care. We'll get them eventually anyway even if Madhouse is truly kill.

Honestly?

For voice acting

>Kaiji 3 is fucking shit. Even Kaiji 2 was.

How can you have taste that is this objectively horrible

It'll be fine.

Go away Mahjongautists, noone wants to learn your shitty game

It's not about mahjong, it's about character development.

>being too much of a retard to figure out how 17 Steps works

Embarassing

>you will never have a gamblerfu to picnic with
why go on

We are OK without his troubled tunes for Tonegawa. It's a sol comedy.

17 steps is literally brainlet mahjong

git gud

Maybe he shouldn't have done drugs then.

God I want to hear Kazuya and Muraoka talking, their voices in the pachinko version were good shit.

>you'll never be a failure of a man who is loved and fed tasty sandwiches by best girl

I just read the last chapter of akagi
what the fuck? there is zero resolution

Ten is the resolution.

Be sure to keep your subscription to Kindai Mahjong active for our exciting new upcoming series, "Akagi: Yami 2 Oritatta Tensai"!

I already read Ten, it has nothing to do with Washizu and Akagi
this last chapter is pretty underwhelming, it was obvious the series ending was gonna be rushed but all these extra chapters after the game ended feel useless

sequel soon

k e k, nice one

Extra chapters to let Washizu suffer is never useless.

They should really use that as the new title.

Washizu doesn't deserve this.

>washizu blushing
Please
I liked the little slice of life-ness, but like it really wasn't written like an ending. Maybe we will get some kinda sequel of the prequel of the original gdi fkmt

If there is anything all chines-y human types are good at, it's copying others.

Why isn't his forehead shown?

There have been some throughout their game. It had a big influence on Akagi
Not really sure what kind of resolution you'd expect. Their game ended and Akagi won. Do you wanted to make them out or what?

>it was obvious the series ending was gonna be rushed

What?
The series has already been stretched out, especially with those "Washizu in hell" arcs in between

that was the point where I felt the manga started to drag on for way too long, but ever since FKMT has been advertising the final chapters it was all pretty much rushed

What was the reason for ending it? Did he look when the series started and thought "This has been going on long enough"?

It's not like Akagi ever talked about his other opponent he defeated. Sure, Washizu stands out since Akagi considers it as a loss but still Washizu had his aftermath shown. We can assume that Yagi has lost his fingers, Ichikawa is dead (maybe killed I dunno what the exact conditions were, maybe I'm just thinking of the russian roulette as a symbol of both betting their life) and that Urabe was paying off his debt for the rest of his life but with Washizu we got a conclusion. He spent the rest of his life hunting for Akagi

IIRC the magazine is going out of business and he probably got tired of it