Has there ever been a more useless and annoying character in anything?

Has there ever been a more useless and annoying character in anything?
Kurosaki-kun! kurosaki-kun! kurosaki-kun! kurosaki-kun!

>t.mad ichirukifag
Stay mad faggot. I can tell you are a speedreader, since Orihime was as useless as any other secondary character in Bleach.

Now I'm about to make you really mad. I didn't start reading the manga until the anime ended.

What I want to know is how did horseshit like the Greed Island arc in HxH got airtime, but they won't animate the thousand year blood war.
What the fuck. Blood war is the best arc in Bleach.

Sakura from Naruto and Ochaka from BHA.

She has the best power in Bleach

Yeah, Hinata saved Naruto's ass countless times while Sakura was behind a tree whispering "Naruto kun, Naruto kun, Naruto kun" oh wait...

Orihime redeems herself by being fappable.

A better example would be Manta from Shaman King, as his only purpose was to be the MC's normie friend

She's the mother of Ichigo's child.

Vegeta! Vegeta! Vegeta! Vegeta! Vegeta!

Best girl reporting in.

Most annoying and bland girl in all of shounen. Even Kosaki Onodera is better.

>Hinata saved Naruto's ass countless times
Hinata canonically saved Naruto's life more times than Sakura. In turn, Naruto Saved Suckura's life more times than I can even bother counting, but certainly more times than he needed to save Hinata. Overall, Sakura was the designated damsel in distress of the franchise.

Honestly no and that includes more boring than watching paint dry. This is coming from someone who has watched anime for over 14 years.

meliodas-sama! meliodas-sama!

She's not useless. She's healed a ton of characters throughout the series, including the MC. Plus her powers work in neat little ways, as a shield or to travel on. Whether she's annoying or not is subjective.

>Hinata saved Naruto's ass countless times
Wait, what? I like Hinata and all, but countless is really pushing it. Unless you're talking about anime fillers as well.

manta was a terrible character no redeeming qualities in SK

/thread

But she was the sheath for Aizen's sword.

>Has there ever been a more useless and annoying character in anything?
Any girl from Naruto.

You in Real Life.

These.

She is not that bad in the manga.

Oh? I only read a couple chapters I happened across that introduced me to Bleach, I've never really had the money to buy all of them. So what is orange-boob's character in the manga like?

She existed solely for the sake of the MC. She was there just to get placed in danger and rescued by somebody.

She's not useless.

I've never seen the anime so I can't make a comparison, but in the manga she is fine, I mean it's a flawed character in a shounen manga, but she isn't annoying, maybe too whiny/scared at times, but I found her relatable most of the time.

>Himefag user is so pure he can't understand sarcasm even when it's spelled out
C-cute. Also, consider those trips checked.

Orihime produced offspring for Ichigo
Verdict: NOT USELESS

I'm pretty sure someone around here is going to bitch that Ichigo's cumdumpster wasn't Rukia.

Where are those screenshots of triggered landwhales on Deathberry's Orihime thread? Post them for the love of kek!

??? Can I get a rundown? My rock is a very comfortable place.

If anything she was wasted potential.
Aizen even praised her power by saying it negated God's. Shame she was only used for healing and being a cumdump for Ichigo

>lv 0 reader

Not as bad. The anime, especially early on went out of their way to change a lot.
>That filler shinigami with the straw hat
>"Hitsugaya is the reincarnation of a celestial guardian"
>pic related didn't happen
Not to mention Pierrot's preference of shipping. What's even better though was a recent interview Kubo said he "felt sick" whenever he saw the anime take liberties with the work.

I think people tend to find her more annoying in the anime because you actually have to hear the constant "Kurosaki-kun" whereas in the manga, you only have to read/skim through it. this also doesn't help if you find her voice annoying in general.

Man, I hate Orihime with a passion. Something about her dull, meek, and doormat personality irks ne like nothing else.

The other secondary characters had fights that could last over one chapter, unlike Orihime.

>doormat personality
Honestly what? How is she meek/a doormat when she stood up for herself and friends countless times in the manga?

>She's healed a ton of characters throughout the series, including the MC.
Too bad her healing is shit when it actually matters.

Obviously this.
Shes like deus ex swimming skill level useless and so annoying i cant find a word of exact power to express my disturbance.

Can you really say those "defend the pillars" fights were really necessary? Unless you only care about power displays and bad philosophy they're just padding. Ikkaku and Yumichika disappear afterwards.
And Orihime is mostly a healer so count up how many people would be dead without her to actually determine her value.

>when it actually matters.
Like when?

And gets brutally owned a moment after. Orihime has never given a single enemy that wasn't cannon fodder a hard time.

>he admits eating Pierrot's shit
But why though?

I think it was the couple of years where she sat around doing nothing

When Yhwach broke Ichigo's Zanpakuto like nothing, notably. If they weren't cool with Ginjo and Tsukishima Ichigo would have been done right there.

annoying? I just like to look at her boobs

Did you miss the panel where she helped fix his sword? She clearly did her part in it.

I hope you mean anime Esther and you're just posting her novel self (who is NOTHING like the anime) or the shoujo manga version.

What the fuck are you talking about? Almost every single time she stood up for herself or a friend wasn't during a fight. Orihime in general didn't really get many fights. I can think of only Yammy one in the beginning of the HM arc, and the scene where Facebook cuts her in the FB arc.

So does the novel confirm she's a Fullbringer or what? When I read the chapter on plebbit Urahara sounded quite vague.

Healing characters are always worthless in battle shounens because most of the characters end up being able to just regenerate their health. Citing Orihime's healing powers as "proof" she isn't useless is a joke.

Sure, had to clarify that im about anime portrayal.
I mean, anime was far from perfect in general (yet i still love it and its soundtrack), but this girl there was so annoyingly useless.

Yeah, it said she was a Fullbringer, except by "different means" like the Hogyoku. I honestly think it's bullshit and a retcon because it could have been said with one line of text in the manga if it was that simple.

As tired as I am of the "girl hits perverted guy" gag, this bitch really needs to get a fucking backbone.

Oh, so you're just saying she stood for herself with pieces of dialog? That's even more useless. Adds nothing to the series.

But Esther is meant to be a leader and inspirational figure, not a fighter, even if she fights better than other leaders like Alessandro or Caterina. She starts the novel as a charismatic and fearsome leader of a partisan group (codenamed "the Csillag") that blows shit up and targets corrupt politicians for assassination. In fact, she bombs a train station with a home made bomb she made and nearly kills Gyula in her introduction (Abel saves him like a dumbass).
She realizes she fucked up and vampires are human too, and spends two volumes after Star of sorrow soul-searching and getting answers to finally find her new call when her lesbian vampire lover/best friend sacrifices herself to canonize her.

Eventually, she becomes the leader of all the good guys when the Vatican is bombed. She's pretty unparalleled in Politics and Leadership. She knows she can't fight monsters with superpowers and maturely tells Abel that her place is as Queen of Albion, that from this arena she should fight, while his battle is elsewhere before they part in Crown of Thorns. He's the one with co-dependency issues on her in the novel. It's obvious that while Esther's vulnerable in body, she's got a tremendous mental fortitude and willpower, while Abel is pretty weak-willed and suicidal despite all his power (she had to save his fucking ass from one of his depression attack in the Iblis, which was going to get everyone killed).

Only after facebook saved the day by himself, and she failed to heal the soul king was well, in fact Orihime always fail to deliver when it really matters and has to be saved by some plot device, just like ichigo truth be told.

Not that I really care, everyone became a jobber past Aizen, and Orihime only needs to be hot anyway.

Yeah man totally. Bleach should have ended when Ulquiorra killed Ichigo in their first fight! Being healed is pointless!

Or just not have that scene happen or have his Hollow powers regenerate him. It's pretty simple.

They really fucked Esther up. She's a great character in the novel, and she's growing to be good in the manga (even if she's also different than novel Esther because it's shoujo and novel is seinen).

They also cut down all the legitimate /u/ and made Cain some mysterious villain without characterization when Cain is like pic related. He's goofier than Abel when he's not in Contra Mundi business.

Honestly you would have a point if ichigo was never killed by ulquiorra a second time only to regenerate instantly a few seconds later.

>this bitch really needs to get a fucking backbone.
Why? She literally enjoys it. I don't know if you're an animeonly, but there's plot reasons for their behavior around each other. That, and the fact that Manletliodas is alpha as fuck.

Not in series tho.
Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness! Your highness!

even more annoying in original. fuuuuck.

>Only after facebook saved the day by himself
Sure, but Orihime was still needed since he didn't have the powers to actually fix it.

Which was triggered by Orihime. Ichigo didn't transform the first time because she wasn't there and was only revived because Grimmjow brought her. It's repeated regularly throughout the series that Ichigo can only draw out his full power when fighting to protect something. Having him get up on his own without that catalyst goes against this theme.

Orihime is good, you fools.

Blame the Gonzo for making her completely out of character (pinning after Abel, really? In the novel is the other way around). And Abel too. And most characters. Like Tres, how can you fuck up Tres? Tres' most known feature is his stalkerish loyalty and devotion to Caterina so much every time there's even an illustration she features, he's always there by her side or behind her. In the anime, they gave this "confidant" role to Havel, the character who betrayed them in RAM (for noble reasons but it's just a strange choice) only because they wanted to pander to fujos because Abel/Tres is popular.

And the plot, they mixed two different set of Novels. RAM (Rage Against the Moons) set two years before ROM (Reborn on Mars) which hurt the characterization too. Noelle, for example, was two years dead before Esther joined the Vatican. ROM follows exclusively her story from her introduction to her ascension to Albion and since the beginning, she's portrayed as a charismatic leader who has time out because of the fuck ups and tragedy of Star of Sorrow.

I miss this this era of anime

Now I agree with you. They dropped the ball on Esther because the anime wanted to pander to fujoshi. The novel makes it very clear Abel is infatuated with her and she's described as a dead drop gorgeous beauty with feline features while Abel's looks are mean to be more "everyman" except for his silver hair (Dietrich's the one described as a true beauty who turns every head on town, instead). In the manga is different because she's a shoujo heroine so needs to have a more 'cute' and everywoman design and Abel must be a bishounen for eyecandy, but the anime change makes no sense because is still seinen.

So they went for the traditional route of "bishounen with flowing hair and looks and the accessory annoying girl with a crush", that's probably why they erased Cain's and Esther's relationship (which is hilarious as fuck), Tres' entire personality which was all about Caterina (to make him closer to Abel), and all the /u/ content. I'm not exaggerating in this point: remember the partner Astharoshe mourned and grieved and whose killer she was hunting? It was a WOMAN, countess Len, they changed her gender. They removed the most important character for Esther's arc, the one who makes her promise to change the world and who becomes her "Lilith" (in relationship to Abel), Sharazad al-Rahman. They removed Jane who is openly favoring women and tries to sleep with Esther a number of times. It was like those bad fujo Gundam fanfics where the women are written out or made irrelevant.

The manga is still ongoing you know.

Kubo couldn't write a proper romance, so he had to turn Orihime into a useless, damsel-in-distress so that she and Ichigo can have that connection.

What part of anime don't you understand? Snark aside, what I meant was, studios were more keen to take risks on avant-garde source material as opposed to Bland Isekai #27057573 and Spiky-Haired Shounen Dudes Yelling and Hurling Fireballs at Each Other.

t. assblasted ichirukicuck

It's because LN in their time were more than Spiky Dues Yelling and Isekai shit (or the Isekai shit was well written and not just copy/paste haremshit like you know the Twelve Kingdoms, a fantasy series which is 'isekai' but a classic in the sense Narnia is for Japan).

Im gonna read novel now, thanks bros.

>useless
Just because she's not a fighter doesn't mean she's useless. She's a pacifist by nature and is the dedicated medic. Stay mad IchiRukifag.

And to answer your question, Shippo from InuYasha and Olaf from Frozen. Pretty sure there's more but I don't feel like thinking of more annoying characters that infuriate me.

Ichigo got fucked up in many fights before that and dealt with it just fine without Orihime.

>Has there ever been a more useless and annoying character in anything?

>if you think Orihime is a bad character you're an Ichirukicuck
This kneejerk defense is on par with the Kyoanifags' "if you don't like VEG you're a Fraxxfag"

Are you caught up to the manga? Elizabeth has been trying to get shit done.

Did you miss the scene where she slapped Meliodas to timbuktu for being an ass?

Nah, but these days, it's mostly just assblasted Ichirukicuck that bother to complain about her character anymore.

Unfortunately for you know one is more useless than Orihime. Pure fact. I would have said Sakura, but then I remembered at the very least did progress as a character no matter how terribly written it was. Orihime can't do shit.

>sakura
>progress
shes literally married a man who fucked off and left her to raise their child alone

>can resurrect people and restore severed limbs
>useless

I hate Sakura and I don't care about her relationship with duckbutt. I'm saying that there was a noticable change within her character in part 1 to shippuden. Was it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's a hell of a lot better than Orihime's stagnant character. Kubo fucked up more than Kishi.

Bullshit. Sakura was a brat in the first part and she was a brat in the second part. Her fights were carried by someone else majority of the time, see the Sasori one and her shining moments never lasted. Let's not forget how her character did a 180 whenever Sasuke was involved. Anyone that thinks any of the Naruto girls were better written is completely lying to themselves.

The manga is also ok, they butcher the first novel though and make that genre switch about abel and esther, and add a filler volume which never existed (volume 2), but Kiyo kind of improves over time and really gets great in ROM IV with Sharazad's arc (also his Sharazad design is fucking amazing).

I always laugh at this part. The cliche of "person almost dies/falls/drowns and hallucinate their beloved reaching out for them rescuing them" cliché, you expected Abel or Ion or some guy, but Esther sees Shahrazad.

Sakura never got over her retarded obsession with Sasuke and became even more of a bitch by the end of the series. Orihime at least adopted a more defensive style of combat focused on protecting Ichigo, and even helped in his final battle against Yhwach. She even restored Ichigo's broken Bankai (with added help from Tsukishima, but even so). She remained pacifistic but she grew more confidence and determination to fight at Ichigo's side. Meanwhile Sakura inherited Tsunade's powers and barely did Jack shit with them aside from waiting until the end of the battle with Izanami to land one punch on her. Then Sauce gives her the pump and dump and leaves her to raise Sarada alone.

Might as well just post any Yugioh girl.

Good, the novels are really good (but unfinished because the author died, it's really sad story). Esther's characterization is completely sensical. She starts as a strong-willed leader whose actions are misguided so is only natural for her to become a Queen eventually. She already had innate charisma and leadership skills, ontop of becoming a "Saint" before taking the throne which made her a prestigious internal figure known by many. While in the anime this is a fucking mess because her personality is so bland and uninspired.

The manga starts weak but eventually gets better, you can check it out after you finish the novels.

*international

>such power never works when its really important
>the soul king that she failed to heal says hello

Truly the plebeian reply

If Orihime was able to heal the SK then everything would have been too easy.