What made Kishi decide to retcon the entire Itachi story so fucking badly?

What made Kishi decide to retcon the entire Itachi story so fucking badly?

He was becoming too popular despite literally being a non-character, so Kishi had to find a way to give him more screen time.

How was it a ret con?

too many people liked him and his aura of godliness. had to give itachi and out to not make him seem like an asshole

>retcon
what the actual fuck are you talking about?

imagine being this retarded

So why did he have to kill the hole god damn village again? I remember they were planning to do something bad but I don't remember and I don't get why it justified wiping the whole clan out.

"Retcon"

The whole village was revolting so it was purging time

Nice explanation.

The Uchiha clan were shitters for all of history.

They literally get stronger, the more of their families die. They needed to be stopped.

nothing was retconned because nothing was set in stone. you didnt know shit about the events. and itachi letting sasuke live not once, but twice, heavily implied that there was more to the story.

>What made Kishi decide to retcon the entire Itachi story so fucking badly?
>retcon
Did you think he struck the archetypical ronin pose as his intro for a giggle m8?

Everybody figured that Itachi must have slaughtered the clan for a better reason than "I'm testing my limits as a shinobi", like foiling the Akatstuki's plans or some other dickheads plotting to use them. Turned out the Uchiha were dickheads themselves and Itachi was foiling them.

I wonder what happened to the Uchiha district. Was it made into a shopping mall or a parking area?

Itachi was a traitor, imagine being such a soyboy that you betray your parents.

>I forgot that Itachi was crying because muh trauma
>Literally tortured Kakashi in genjutsu first time he showed up
>Not retcon

>joins terrosti organization
>gets cornered by jounin who have intent to kill
>mhhh guess i better go easy on these folks
are you fucking retarded or something? not only does he need to be serious to not give away the fact that hes a double agent, but he also needs to protect his own health since asuma, kurenai and kakashi clearly went all out.

>projecting this hard

That's really fucking stupid. Why did it have to be itachi and why the entire clan though? Why was susuke spared, even if Itachi didn't want to kill him, the others hated them so much they were fine with their children being killed. If this was secret, why didn't the rest of the village come in to help? None of this makes sense.

nigger do you know what you're talking about? it was all a secret only very few people knew about.

It wasn't a retcon, which was always really obvious.

He had to do it to save Sasuke, right? They were going to kill them anyway, but if Itachi agreed to help, Sasuke would be spared....

This is the story, right?

The only actual fucking retcon was aliens from the moon.

Literally out of fucking nowhere, that shit was.

None of his actions make any sense in retrospect, there was no point of him mentally scarring his younger brother and hoping that he would chase after him hopping from one evil organization to the next while amassing more power. There’s no point of him appearing in front of Sasuke again after so many years, taunting him and reminding him that he was still too weak. If that was his plan all along, that’s a ridiculously stupid plan since it depended on innumerable factors beyond Itachi’s control.

>What made Kishi decide to retcon the entire Itachi story so fucking badly?
Editors.
Like Sasuke, there was a time when Kishi said on interviews that he didn't even know what to do with him, popularity made the Uchiha untouchable.

it was a Danzo power play. It's not that complicated lol

>that’s a ridiculously stupid plan since it depended on innumerable factors beyond Itachi’s control.
That was his plan, Itachi was a patriot, just a stupid patriot.

He's The Boss.

i dont think you actually understood the story. it was never itachis plan for sasuke to kill him, it was simply what he had hoped for. he killed his family and clanmembers for konoha, joined akatsuki for konoha, but let his little brother live because of how much he cared for him. the main objective wasnt to die by sasukes hand, but to a) finish the mission while b) assuring sasukes safety. everything else is just a biproduct of the events.

Itachi should have been a girl
there
problem solved

Except her character arc actually made sense within the context of the story

no need to tell me that

I'm just saying the wide strokes are the same
>loyalty to country
>love for an individual
>desire for death by that individual's hand so they can be seen as a hero

Simply popularity. The established Uchiha were simply too popular, so the story had to be rewritten to include them in a greater capacity and later such that they were basically the only two non-total asshole Uchiha around.

If I recall they also justify not killing Sasuke cause he wasn't in on the plans of Uchiha

Sasuke owns it. It's either a big graveyard/memorial thing, he sold it all off, or he's currently renting it out and "forgot" to tell Sakura about the account the rent money's going to.

>forgot he was crying.
Did he?

Jesus christ this dialogue is bad

>It was a retc-

Retcon from what? Why would Itachi want to kill his entire family if not for the dumb plot?

>that’s a ridiculously stupid plan since it depended on innumerable factors beyond Itachi’s control.
He's pen pals with Aizen from Bleach.

i'm pretty sure this was all thanks to an editor that cared more about sells figures than a few angry fans
>thanks for making a thread that points out who the speed readers are

It's also a plan that a 13 year old autist came up with.

Retcon?

>reading the manga
>old guys in charge of Konoha are dicks, except for Hokage
>realize easily the Uchiha were fuck ups with "muh emotions", sharingan shit and some rebelion would happen
>Itachi was said to have only a friend and that friend was supposed to be killed by Itachi
>say back then that Itachi never killed his only friend and that some mission or order was giving by the Elders to clean the Uchiha clan
>get bashed
>years later I was actually right

It was so damn obvious. Uchiha were a threat and were giving that impression.
Itachi was that typical "hmph" silent character, the genius that doesnt have many friends and few understand him, so he sacrifices himself to finish a job for an ideal.
It was obvious Itachi cared about Sasuke, that's why he never killed him off when he killed his parents and everyone in the village. Still, his way of protecting Sasuke was retarded, but Itachi's character was like that.

Madara, now that's some retarded shit getting back to life despite being entertraining. Worse was the bunny alien out of nowhere.
Nagato changing that much was also stupid with Naruto forgiving him. Or Obito because he was a cool guy.

>There’s no point of him appearing in front of Sasuke again after so many years, taunting him and reminding him that he was still too weak
Encountering Sasuke then was not part of the plan. He appeared to show Danzo he was still alive.

he’s a hack

fun fact, all of his other mangas before naruto failed.

I haven't talked to anyone about Naruto in years, but one thing I definitely remember is that the fans always complained about things coming out of nowhere. However, if you actually paid attention it was often the case that any alternatives would've made even less sense. It seemed to me that Kishimoto was just really bad at foreshadowing.

This is another thing that fans never allow Naruto characters: the ability to be wrong or stupid. People were so pissed at the ever-changing story behind the Sharingan, but why is it strange for the common story, provided by Kakashi, to be less informed than a huge nerd like Jiraiya's story, which is even less informed than the actual reality, which almost nobody knows. Not every character is omniscient and I don't mind fictional characters being more than a mouthpiece for the author.

So just Boruto?
The aliens bullshit was not foreshadowed in any meaningful way.

Itachi could have killed the rest of the village on his own though.

Early Naruto was so interesting. I write off everything in Shippuden of course but even in part 1 I wish they had focused more on the spy element and the secret plots and secrets.

Sasuke is a real estate guy nowadays. Pretty rich guy... but don't tell Sakura.

Now that would have been irredeemable. His parents made a choice by revolting and faced the consequences for their decisions.

Is that Konoha's version of douchebag capstyle? Itachi is a gangsta?

isn't that the case with most mangaka though?

>not being able to see the obvious fact that Itachi was good from the beginning

>mentally torturing your 'beloved' brother by showing him the slaughter of his parents again and again at a stupidly young age is in no fucking way good or jistifiable. Killing the children and peaceful uchiha cannot be justified even by saving the whole fucking planet. Especially when there were plenty of other fucking ways to prevent the revolt. God, Naruto is the dumbest shit ever.

Literally the official translation.

>Especially when there were plenty of other fucking ways to prevent the revolt

talk no jutsu? Only Naruto can do that and he was only like 6 when the Uchiha were being treated like shit.

Itachi murdered women and children. I still don't get why he is celebrated.

He killed thousands....

It was Danzo's idea and he's a dick.

by himself in a single night no less

>6 year old Sasuke just got tortured in Tsuikiyomi for 24 hours suddenly remembers that he activated his sharingan, jumped rooftops and threw kunai straight at Itachi knocking off his headband and of course now remembers seeing Itachi cry.

It was all Danzo just blame Danzo. Itachi was innocent, basically Jesus.

Itachi actually wanting Sasuke's eyes makes more sense but that can't be true since we know what Uchiha voluntarily give up their eyes for brothers.

so did minato, yet hes a "hero". exactly like our world, see ww2. it doesnt matter how many you kill, it just matters who wins

What about posting the fucking raws instead.

>Tobirama was the first to oppress the Uchihas
>”b-but danzo”

Fuck off

Soeaking of Minato, Konoha’s politics is kind of fucked up

>2nd is a relative of 1st
>3rd is a student of 2nd
>4th is a student of student of 3rd
>Orochimaru was the potential 4th hokage, a student of 3rd
>5th is grand daughter of 1st
>6th is student of 4th
>7th is student of 6th
>8th (Konohamaru) is a relative of 3rd

Yes let's have an election to decide who the strongest ninja in the village is.

>4th is a student of student of 3rd

Student of a student of the 3rd

Is it an election? I thought some dudes just talked about a guy they liked for like 2 minutes and they make him hokage

That's how it was done after Tsunade.

Not to defend Naruto of all things, but last time I read that shit, the Kage was more than simply the strongest fucker in the village. He needed the vote of confidence from high ranking ninjas and the boss of the country. It just happens that people really, really enjoy dynasties. Oh and the whole superior genetics / better access to better training.

Kakashi wasn’t even the strongest ninja but he became a hokage

why? the strongest available ninja becomes hokage, thats how all the villages do it. seems logical since the hidden villages arent kingdoms, like the land of fire for example. they are cities taht exists to grow killers.

he was the strongest in the village. guy is a cripple, sasuke and naruto werent ready yet. who else was there after tsunada retired?

Orochimaru