Isekai Thread

Isekai Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

hikkinomori.mistbinder.org/2018/02/18/akuyaku-reijo-ni-koi-wo-shite-75th-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no Bakarina gf

Yeah, where would you find a clueless, self-centered dumb woman in this world.

>Reading FILWTV
>Getting really interesting
>Hit next chapter
>Fanfiction dot net
wut? Even going back to the previous chapter it redirects. Even in other browsers.

Literally go out and grab the first stupid woman you see.

They're being silly about not getting it ripped due to author's wishes.
hikkinomori.mistbinder.org/2018/02/18/akuyaku-reijo-ni-koi-wo-shite-75th-update/

Cute cat

Yeah but I was on like chapter 34.

Is the Tsuki ga MC going to score anytime soon? This shit is getting old

I got to chapter 230 and gave up. I've been told multiple times that "MC is now considering them more" whatever that means, still doesn't sound like any semblance of scoring or romance at all.

Why weren't there more cute situations with grown-up Eris in MT?
Roxy and especially Sylphy (best girl) got lots of em, but outside of battles and ending Eris got fuck all besides saying "Sasuga, Rudeus"

Cute lingerie, would fuck/10

Fran is for headpats.

eew so many animals in itt

elf is superior

He's not going to touch either of them until the end if he's going to touch them at all.

I prefer Liza

One of the few cases where the manga art surpsass the one wform the novel. Mosuko tensei is another of those examples.

why do people like bakarina? Characters are not interesting, the novel just repeats the same formula from beginning to end and the novel itself is only good enough to not be called shit

>why do people like jokes

most jokes are not entertaining and unliked

>another
Not really.

I'll give you not entertaining but unliked? That's pretty unambiguously false.

meh, wrong choice of word

>implying 3d bitches are as cute as bakarina.

No, your hatred for WNs and LNs is amusing to see though.

Why are there no good succubus stories

Because it would have to be R-18, and most novelists can't write lewd stuff.

The dude that reincarnates as the son of a succubus

>daydreamer
>good

The succubus is not even there for most of the story.

I'd forgotten about daydreamer entirely desu. Tried to look it up but looks like the translator died like 6 months ago or something - his wordpress has a farewell message that links to a website that is dead as shit and covered with garbage spam to boot.
He still has 3 patreons though.
No great loss, the succubus was only in the first 5 minutes of the story anyway wasn't she? Plus there was a weird mother/son vibe there too.

dude that sound dope maaaan

First book of Bakatarina LNs was solid. It ended in a good place.

It was repetitive enough that I'm not interested in more books after the first, but I'm very interested in an anime covering that first book.

Will there ever be something as good as Lazy King again?

volume 3 never ;_;

I've been reading Average Abilities and so far only halfway through it's already managed to hit
>OP MC hiding her powerlevel
>A single copper coin was worth roughly 10 yen. A half-silver was worth 100, a silver worth 1,000, a half-gold worth 10,000, and a full gold worth 100,000 yen.
>Superior Japanese katana materials
>Transnational Adventurer Guild (called the "Hunter's Guild") with ranks F to S
the story also kind of doesn't seem to know where it wants to go as it starts off as a "go to school, learn and meet friends" plot but suddenly halfway through shifts gears into a "I'll join the adventurer's guild and raise my rank" plot as if the writer had no idea where else to go.

On the other hand it does get props for the "Hunter's Guild" having a proper apprenticeship system

I wanna see the demon god cult flail around and do stupid shit for the whole volume while Leigie is just trying to go back to sleep.

I really enjoyed Average Abilities until it swapped over to the hunter guild arc. Just completely discarding all the (pretty good) character build up in the school arc seemed kind of dumb to me.
Plus after you get out of the hunter training arc a new translator picks it up and they're really bad at Japanese, English, or both.
The strength of the first 20~ chapters kept me reading way longer than I should have I think.

I like the art and premise of A wizard printing office but so far only chapter one is translated. And look, certain onee san makes a cameo

The fire girl was a mistake. Everything becomes shit with her appearance.

Word the "party" she is after is so annoying I was hoping something would happen and she would ditch them, but nope.
Their tsukkomi is atrocious from all the other party members comes off as just being a bitch.

>beat invading Japanese pope and isekaid general with super strength gift using mines, machine guns and finally purchasing 10 tanks when he unlocked the modern setting
>hype rival Kingdom that's slowly gathering isekaid Japanese on their ranks while slowly advancing their research on gunpowder and cannons
>tease the other salaryman who get to choose his cheat other than our MC who chose the ability to create a town as his cheat
>series have a 1 year hiatus
>timeskip epilogue was posted last month

Fuck.

I wonder why the author decided to abruptly throw away all the setting and character establishment from the school and shove her over to become an adventurer (they may be called hunters but let's be honest they are adventurers) instead. It might be something they could pull off if they had made volume 1 the school with a proper plot arc and conclusion followed by making volume 2 about the hunter guild, but the shift happens not even halfway into volume 1. Were they not confident in their ability to write a good school plot?

This is a chance.

Holy Knight Lv14, Knight Lv50, Warrior Lv30, Villager Lv6, Wizard Lv1, Explorer Lv1, Swordsman Lv1, Forest Ranger Lv1, Herbalist Lv1.

I used [Party job settings].
I look at the duke’s job.
I’m not familiar with it yet, because I’ve never seen anyone use it.

If I guess, the order is Warrior Lv30 –> Knight Lv50 –> Holy Knight?
Forest Ranger, probably the elves racial job.
Even the other elves have it.

Did he pick up a leaf to get Herbalist?
He’s always being hasty.
I can picture him grabbing items before even getting a chance to see them.

The duke follows the adventurer into the wall.
Next, is Cassia.
I entered last.

By the way, since I can use [Party job settings], it’s also possible for me to change the duke’s job.
To Herbalist Lv1.

Ahahahahahaaaa.
The duke might enter the labyrinth after this.
It won’t be the first floor.
What would it be like to be a Herbalist Lv1 against the stronger demons on the upper floors?

Ahahahahahaaaaa
Cassia would become a widow.

No, I won’t do it.
I won’t do it.
I probably won’t do it.

I binged like two hundred chapters of that shit over the course of a week like six months ago and since then like two more chapters have come out. Feels pretty bad.

I did something similar, with the repetition in each chapter it feels even slower.

Read Growth Cheat if you want more descriptions about job changes

The author is releasing new chapters so slow.
I'm on my second read through.

Looking at NU ratings, the trend that I can see in most isekai is while they have many voters who vote for 5/5, they have also many voters who vote for 1/5. This makes me thing that isekai is really "either you love it or you hate it" kind of tropes.

makes me think*

I'd just like to say that WN Fermenia is infinitely superior to LN Felmenia.

Nah, I like my cute Tim Taylor from the LN better.

I like more my self-insert desu.

WN translations never. Well, technically it was suppose to end at volume 2. Hopefully mango scanlations will last longer.
A woman who can feed me and bring me candy? I would call her MOM! But my IRL mom is kinda bitchy(not slut, you motherfuggers).

I actually prefer LN version of her. Well I ship Suimei with Mizuki but I don't really care if they don't end up together.

But why does it keep redirecting to fanfiction dope net? Isn't it a wordpress website?

He scored in a parallel world. He would have at least fugged Mio. But mio chickened out and washed rice.

Ehhhh. Most surveys look like that, on a scale of one to ten most people will put either one or ten - it's why a lot of platforms just have like/dislike buttons.
imo isekai is just whats "trendy" right now. Most of the time the isekai aspect isn't brought up at all except as a way for the author to lazily make the MC as relatable as possible to the audience. Even "isekai" as a category is kind of disingenuous - I mean Youjo Senki, Knights and Magic, Overlord all fall under isekai - but one is about alternate history WWI, one is about mechs, one is about high fantasy bullshit.
Isekai is just a tag authors lazily slap on top of the story they were already planning to write because its trendy and simplifies the creation of the reader proxy. And the readers are the same way - I doubt many people have strong feelings one way or the other on isekai, especially since it's so universally irrelevant to the stories being told.

>suimei
Would would win, Miyuverse Sheeeeero or Advanced Magician?

>universally irrelevant to the stories being told.
It's very relevent is it's reverse isekai like Prisma Illya. Also if the other world already has a history of "hero summoning" and said heroes influencing that world.

>Well I ship Suimei with Mizuki
Curious as to why?

Most WN writers can't even afford to hire someone to draw the artwork. Mangos will usually have superior artwork if they want it to sell. Unless it's one of those 4-koma stuff that's full of buttjokes.

GLORIOUS NIPPON CITY IS MOST GLORIOUS OUT OF GLORIOUS NIPPON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

I mean... I don't really think so? Very rarely does isekai come up in a context that couldn't just as easily be handwaved away with a "oh this guy was a genius of his age".
That was how fantasy worked before isekai was popularized - there was no explanation for why the heroes and villains were such larger than life caricatures of human beings - the reader was just expected to accept that people much stronger/smarter/more worthy than their contemporaries are born from time to time.

They have a good chemistry, I guess? I feel like the author tried somehow shows that Suimei unconsciously likes her too, like the shoes one (this was before I shipped them anyway, so it shouldn't be a bias, I think).
The twist plot about Suimei chanted magic on her so she could forget that she loved her was the one who make me decide to ship them. Something like "ah so this is the weird vibe that I get since the early arc" kind of thing.

>like the shoes one
I mean the scene where Suimei fixed Mizuki's shoes.

Hmm I guess I can see that she is the only who liked him before knowing he had magic.

>So stupid she doesn't even realize her newly seduced manslut was about to give her the D
Retardation of this scale is almost admirable

She also seems knowing Suimei's weird habits more than anyone despite getting influenced by his magic. I also can see that Reiji thinks that Suimei likes Mizuki so he never lays his hands on her.

>fantasy currency being comparable to real life currency
Literally why

Currencies are inherently comparable to each other.

Nanomachines son

This pops up so much and my eyes just instantly glaze past it because it's so fucking dumb. I sort of understand the desire of the author to impart on the reader the 'value' of the money characters are or exchanging but it seems like the kind of thing that really does not need to be spelled out. And should not be attempted to be spelled out by some moron whose only experience with economics is buying food at the supermarket.

Not without a common basket of goods, which is basically impossible to assemble because the relative values of everything from bread to meat to purple dye to fresh fruit to textiles has changed so much from medieval times to the modern day that it's pointless. No sane historian will attempt to tell you how much a Roman denarius was in modern US dollars, they'll instead attempt to give you an idea of what it would have been worth by telling you a soldier's pay, the price of a loaf of bread, the price of olive oil, the price of the soldier's equipment, and so on.

Soon

every thread until you like it

isekai authors aren't going into that much detail. it's just to separate gold coins as pocket change from gold coins as something only the rich see.
still retarded when the protagonist deals exclusively in platinum gemstones 5 chapters in

Was that in one of those removed alternate futures? Mio did have a reason at the time that was more understandable, she isn't purely acting on hunger like she used to.
>「I! … Rather than because of my own feelings. I just realized that I wanted to join our bodies with him being the one to desire me. Things like “well done” or “thank you”. It occurred to me that those are the wrong reasons.」

Hope the manga catches up to the school arc at least

>tfw you don't like any of the male love interests
I am not giving my daughter's hand in marriage to idiots, she's dumb enough as is, no point in compounding the issue.

Slave harem has no right being as good as it is, specially with that writting.

Shieldbros anyone? How you liking the story so far? Have you read vol 10 yet?

It needs to have faster updates, and the MC needs to start trusting people more.

where was this page from. i cant remember

Truly peak Isekai

post some more.

i swear the top and middle face are straight from some asanagi shit

How much more?

Death by Snu Snu?

>read the title name
>this sounds retarded
>don't even read the description
>see this
The fuck?
Why is he using commieshit guns too?

all of it

Overlord Vol. 13 comes out April 27

I'm in volume 10, the pic is this related with the actual story?

Llo just draws cute things really well and has some sort of string fetish thing going on in their art. There isnt really a problem with the illustrations it just focuses mostly on the cute side of sword. I wouldnt say the manga art is better, just handles frans darker side better. Its just very two distinct styles and llo doesn't do dark well.

It's Ore To Kawazu go read it yourself. Legendary human wizard summons the person with the most magic potential from earth to be his successor as he dies of old age and instead of being slightly stronger the MC is basically a god. So they go on fun fantasy adventures making friends and pretty much ignoring humanity to do high fantasy things like living in the Fairy Queen's forest and hanging out with dragons.

Yes, Ainz dies at the end of volume 11.

Oh shit.