Brainlets in the franxx

This was fucking retarded and felt like cheap drama. Also Hiro beating his dinosaur aids was O MY RUBBER NEN as fuck.

This is the exact opposite of cheap drama.

They set up his resistance to Dino Aids since the very first episode, an "O my rubber nen" or "asspull"
Is something completely out of left field with no in world foreshadowing or set up what so ever.

This was obvious from the start, and they hammered it home and foreshadowed it in every single episode prior.

You're juts literally retarded.

It was. I blame Akira Amemiya. He could have storyboarded the tumour as receding slowly, not all in 2 cuts totalling 5 seconds. It would've worked nicely if his tumour receded as he was hugging 002, mirroring her calming down. It would also fit the "rely on each other/Jian bird" motif that way.

The problem is how it was portrayed in that scene, not that it happened. Get it through your heads already.

I can see the arguments that it has been seemingly sewn up too neatly. But I doubt that will prove to be the case. As for cheap, they spent five episodes setting this thing up. Rampage mode for Strelitzia, death of the third ride, Hiro's unusual yellow blood cell reaction, Jian, Naomi and the ghost of Naomi repeatedly kicking him in the butt for giving up, even him fucking tasting good. This stuff was set up.

But the execution was bad regardless.

yeah but the power of love lmao

The constant recycled gainax stuff is pretty tiresome to be honest.

>But the execution was bad regardless.
It really wasnt though. What would you have done different if you weren't some fat neckbeard sitting in your mums basement?

>O MY RUBBER NEN
>again
Is there is guide for shitposting about Franxx somewhere? Why O MY RUBBER NEN?

When will they finally move on from Eva? How many spin offs, sequels, homages, inspirations, rip offs will be made?

>Good things aren't allowed to happen

Because its the same retard reposting this shit over and over again.

The illness just vanished

Why are you surprised anyway? This show was fucking retarded from the start.

>implying dino aids is gone

>spent the entire previous episode not only talking about how the upcoming battle is going to be the worst they've ever faced and how it's super dangerous, but also set up that Hiro is dying from aids
>all this gets resolved with a shrug
>literally no casualties, all sense of tension or stakes lost
>if you complain about this anticlimatic development you're a hater/brainlet/crossboarder/whatever

You fags need to stop being so defensive about the shit you watch.

>stakes require mortal danger
Unironically brainlet

>not realizing that it's a 24 episode series
>not understanding foreshadowing
>not understanding character development
>calls other people "brainlets"

Coming back to life for some oni pussy, i'd say that's a plausible science.

Stakes require actions to have believable consequences.
If you set up a battle to be incredbily hard and then the enemy army not only approaches in nice, squad-sized chunks for no reason other than plot convenience, but the huge enemy boss gets defeated by what by this point is a completely standard "squad pins + strelitzia strikes" maneuver (with added power of friendship powerup), that's dull and anticlimatic and ruins any sense of tension.
Why should I care and be totally involved in these characters and battles when - at least from the looks of this recent episode - they're never actually in danger? The plot will bail them out.

>You fags need to stop being so defensive about the shit you watch
It is only three faggots. Everyone else just doesn't care about this anime.

because fanboys can't stand any sort of criticism towards their show. They'll either dismiss it for retarded reasons or pull out the 'ol "it's 2 cours!!!!!!" excuse, as if 6 episodes isn't enough to break genre cliches

I like DitF, but ep6 was ultimately disappointing compared to the build-up and the direction the show seemed to be heading towards.

Asspull of the year, all years. Trigger fanboys will defend this.

Exactly. I still like this show but this episode simply did not live up to the build-up.

Not him but how about him bately surviving and spending the remaining episodes recovering and surpassing his original limits rather than the entire thing receding in 0.5 seconds because of love magic

The tumor looked to me to be more about Hiro's will to live rather than the Jian, though I won't say they're not connected.

New 4koma

>bately surviving
Then it would lose the meaning of Hiro beating 02's "curse". Surviving on the death's door wouldn't make people see her any better.
We had multiple scenes of the kids talking and saying things like
>maybe he really is compatible with her after all
>maybe those rumors were just rumors

Yeah but him collapsing in pain as a tumor takes over his body wasn't "just a rumour" And sure you can say "maybe it gets explained later" but for now he just randomly overcame his dinoaids for plot convience.
And even if there's a super special and perfect explanation later down the road, it won't really change that this episode didn't have that and felt cheap as a result.

>bad things = cheap drama
>good things = anticlimatic asspulls

shitposting aside, I think it would've been better to replace that whole blue tumor with Hiro somehow else disconnecting from 02 until he comes to his power of love moment.
We'll see what they make of it.

Translation?

Translate it nerds.

>>spent the entire previous episode not only talking about how the upcoming battle is going to be the worst they've ever faced and how it's super dangerous,
But P26 was pretty chill about it all the time though?
They've sperged more when seeing 02 then when learning the enemies numbers.

>but also set up that Hiro is dying from aids
That was also never stated.

Yes Hiro breed the Oni.

But at this point, there were most likely nothing that would do that.
That tumor literally came out of nowhere on episode 5 and went back to nowhere on episode 6, and everything that was ever talked about it was
>opposite reaction
>im fine
>its painful isnt it?

Squad was ready to die for the cause. They just didn't want to die because 02 was going berserk.

And you'd have to be willfully ignorant to pretend they weren't clearly setting up Hiro to die from his shit. What else do you think showing him in a worse and worse condition was trying to convey?

Actually, it was showing him getting better, since even the last scene he was literally standing there, ultra calm.
But I know what you're talking about, yet it doesn't change much for what was presented.

They said that Hiro had the opposite reaction from everyone else. Everyone else died. Therefore Hiro not dying is exactly what the show told you would happen.

I guess a lot of people are missing that FranXX is a parody of all things mecha. That shit is nothing worse than the "asspulls" that go down in every new Gundam or just Eva as a whole.

>the enemy army not only approaches in nice, squad-sized chunks
How exactly is a slow, dumb enemy going to counteract a vastly more maneuverable FranXX force which attacks using immobilizing ranged weapons?

How exactly does the scenario where they get mobbed and surrounded play out in your head? Do they just literally stay put like retards and wait for the slow and dumb klaxosaurs to mob them? I don't see how they could possibly end up engaging the entire horde at once when they can pick and choose where to attack and immediately move away from a bad position and use weapons which allow them to bind, immobilize and kill at range. The FranXX are not only much faster, but they can jump far above the horde. It's impossible for the Conrads to gain the upper hand and swarm them, they will simply not stay in the same position to allow that. The klaxosaurs don't get to choose how they engage the FranXX squad, the FranXX squad gets to choose how it engages the horde instead.

I can see P13 fucking up and getting swarmed despite their vast advantages because they're shit rookies with no experience, but P26 was set up as experienced veterans who survived years of action. There's no way they'd let themselves get surrounded by shit-tier enemies when they can just get out of the way.

>setting up hiro to die
The characters in universe have the excuse of not seeing everything the audience sees and being blind to symbolism.
You don't.

That was just him putting on a brave face, obviously. They wouldn't let him pilot if he's unable to even stand, duh.

They said Hiro had excess "yellow blood cells" which is the opposite reaction of the other pilots, which we can safely assume is a lack of yellow blood cells. Also as far anime logic goes, excess cells leading to cancer growth is pretty reasonable.

I except the klaxos to rush to the magma source and swarm the enemy. You know, like previously established and like what happened in ep3?
Also of course they would have to stay in the same position they need to position themselves between the klaxos and the plantations. If they stray too far, they'd just be ignored.

It was also even shown that the small Cornad's way of attacking was nothing much but a simple tackle that even three couldn't get past Genista's defenses

>That was just him putting on a brave face, obviously. They wouldn't let him pilot if he's unable to even stand, duh.
For who? 02? That already knew about his tumor and how painful it was?
There's literally nobody else there forcing him to put a facade.
If you check your own pic related you can see that his body was not actually trying to fight the cancer, the only real problem was his growing YBC count, that took 24h to increase by ~12%

>b-but it's a parody!!!1!
Fuck off
I actually like this show for what it is at heart, a love story. It's not some deconstruction of EVA or TTGL.
People reposting the same shit each thread about "muh asspulls" or "muh onicancer" are either shitposters, salty ichigo apologists, or those faggots trying to shove down their garbage fanfiction-tier copypasta like the spider theory and that Charlemagne theory. The worst are the fucking faggots who spammed pictures of Hiro with those shitty Oni horns. I'm glad they're fucking gone and we don't have to see that garbage fanart anymore.
The power of love won and if you don't like it you can stop watching this show you all apparently hate. You won't

I don't think the adults knew about his condition. From all we see, they seem to be under the impression he seems to be perfectly compatible with 02.
Also Hiro was running a fever which literally is the body trying to fight an infection.

>yellow blood cells
so he has extra bone marrow? and this is cancerous how?

yeah and extra chromosomes are great too

>Also Hiro was running a fever which literally is the body trying to fight an infection.
Contradicted by the pic.
And how would the adults that have his health tests not know about his situation?

Cancer is basically cells growing out of control.
You should delete your post out of shame you fucking retarded mongoloid.

I was under the impression they were taking his vitals while in the mech.

>But the execution was bad regardless.

The execution was alright, you just didn't like it.

>call someone a -let for disagreeing with your opinion
>guaranteed 3+ replies
what happened Sup Forums?

>I except the klaxos to rush to the magma source and swarm the enemy
They are slow (compared to the FranXX) and P26 engages them very far away. They can rush but they can't get there quickly. Remember that scene after Strelizia joins the fight and P26 leader complains? There are some tiny orange lights far away in the background. That's Strelizia fighting, that's the light from her jets as she jumps around and probably explosions as she wipes klaxos out. It's so far away that you can't even see the 100m tall robot, you just see small flashes of light from explosions. P26 is engaging very, very far away.

P26 has plenty of open space to move around and they can easily split Conrads off, kill them and catch up with any which have gotten closer since they're much faster and the distance to P13's position is huge. Despite that we DO see that plenty still get close - when Strelizia engages at P13's position there are quite a few there too. P26 has all the luxury in the world to position and attack just as they want with any klaxos they miss being taken out by P13 (or Strelizia since P13 kind of sucked too much).

If you were under the impression that P26 waited near the objective for the klaxos to come to them, that was clearly not the case. They are positioned far, far away but in the horde's approach path. They're on flat, even terrain as far as the eye can see and have all the maneuvering room they could ever want.

"omg u just dont get it" was always an infuriating defense

Since they have/ran a 24h sample, most likely not.

Even if it all was perfectly logical and fine, then it's still underwhelming. We spent an entire episode building this up as a big, important, difficult battle and at the end of the day it really wasn't. The kids being shocked at "hundreds" of enemies? Didn't fucking matter because they only fought like 3 at a time. And for the big guy like I said the usual pin + strelizia shit.

Either this episode under-delivered or the previous one over-sold, take your pick.

>We spent an entire episode building this up as a big, important, difficult battle and at the end of the day it really wasn't. The kids being shocked at "hundreds" of enemies? Didn't fucking matter because they only fought like 3 at a time.
Becuase that was literally P13 kids reaction, the literal noob squad. P26 saw them more a bother being there (for a moment) than helping, all while they were always calm and collected, like this was just some normal mission.
And if you take into consideration that the "kissing" is nothing but refueling, then this probably happened a multiple times before and P26 is quite used to it.

The only ones reacting like it was a difficult, dangerous mission was P13 and people going with P13's point of view. People tend to forget that P31 squad is a just put together, just formed team, Milkman himself accepted that they were still green as fuck.

Last I checked the story is being told through P13. You can pretend P26 reacting calmly for 2 minutes somehow overshadows the rest of the episode where we see the characters we've actually been with the entire time and care about worry over the upcoming battle.

Every thread after ep 6 has been
>they did something I didn't like
>it means it was badly executed

Only the jobbers were shocked at 150. All the competent pilots knew it was another day's work.

>Last I checked the story is being told through P13
Yes, and last time we checked they just graduated as pilots and were only on 2 mission before that one. Which they did poorly.

This episode made me drop the show.

So what, now your argument is all the main characters are retarded idiots whose opinions and reactions I should ignore? Boy you sure making this show sound great.

Or maybe you are just retarded and didn't watch the previous five episodes?
Even the six, from their very first meeting, P26 was treating P13 as nothing but lugagge and only respecting Hiro and Ichigo.

The episode was entirely predictable from what the previous ones say and foreshadow. This was by far their biggest and hardest battle, that is entirely correct. Are you actually going to say that 1, 3 or 4 had tougher fights? The only thing which was even a bit surprising was that they didn't kill or hurt any of the generics for fake drama points. P26 didn't react like Kissing was the apocalypse anyway, because they'd done it before. P13 freaked out because they nearly died the last 2 times they fought something and Strelizia had to rescue their green asses. Hiro was apprehensive because he thought it could be his last ride. P26 was ironically more scared of 02 than of the mission.

The Hiro piloting with 02 arc was finished off quite well in symbolic context (I'm not going to wall of text about that unless you're actually interested) as was hinted from the first episode, we got to see more of 02's monstrous side and how Hiro reacts to it, we got to see more about how 02 feels about Hiro and we got 02 and Hiro forming a true partnership with Hiro accepting and welcoming the Jian which he called pathetic in the series' beginning. The episode didn't do much unexpected but it rounded out the first arc in a manner entirely fitting of the previous foreshadowing/hints/symbols we got, going back to the very first episode.

They don't even have the intelligence to realize not training is a fucking deathwish when our boy Hiro does. The writers are fucking retarded

Not the same guy but come on, only the P13 had any reaction to the 100~150 estimate, everyone else in the room was not even caring. If you got impressed, you are a retard.

Please stop posting

That doesn't really change that we spent most of the episode watching P13 fuss out. So what exactly are you saying, the previous episode was the shit one?
You can twist and turn it all you want, at the end of the day P13 are the main characters and obviously the ones we're supposed to care about. If I was supposed to NOT empathise with them and NOT be expecting a hard battle, then sorry, what the fuck am I watching?

>I-it wasn't actually hyped
>The episode shares the title with the show

Maybe suck less at interpretation then?
Watch the episode again, pay attention to the reactions of the actual experienced people.
Hachi was calm, P26 was calm, 02 was calm. Hell, the plantations didn't even bother to activate their defensive weapons that they had on episode 1.
You are literally watching the newbies point of view, that didn't participate in a single important mission so far, and those that they did they've FAILED, and pretending that's the reality.

lol nice fight trigger.

Oh so you actually do think I should ignore the main characters. Okay gotcha you're one of those that will go to any length to defend his flavour of the season.

So you agree with Mitsuru calling themselves green and the others agreeing right?

Maybe you are actually retarded.
We had six episodes to show that the P13 squad was newbie as fuck, with sixth even having side and MAIN characters voicing it.

Being new doesn't necessarily mean completely clueless and all statements and reactions (even if we spend 20 minutes watching them) should be ignored in favour of the 2 minutes we see the "competent" people act.
But I'm already repeating myself, if you think this episode justified the build-up and delivered in a satisfying fashion, good for you.

>Battle touted as difficult
>Ebin battle episode shares the title of the show
>It's solved by generic shonenshit
>It wasn't difficult at all you guys 26 didn't make funny faces before then

> 5 dudes spend 30 seconds killing 1 class F dino
> Strelizia skewers half a dozen in 2 seconds
Why do these other people even exist?

They are there to run out of fuel lol

Well that's your own fault then, if you can't speak for yourself but let yourself get riled up by some stupid stigma.

The title clearly was there because it rounded up the Jian theme which had been established since the very first minute of the show, nothing more nothing less. Now get over yourself and stop posting on this stupid board like a total dumbass. Do something better with your time Bob.

They're not retarded idiots when they're worried about a much larger battle coming when they nearly lost and died in the ONLY other 2 instances of real-world combat they had. P13 is a squad which was rushed through training and then rushed again into real action before they were ready. If you remember, they barely got to start their real FranXX in ep2 and in ep3 they were already put into action and nearly got killed due to bad intelligence and very obvious lack of skill.

You need to understand you're seeing the world through the eyes of complete rookies with almost no experience. The world you see is colored through said lack of experience and you as an intelligent viewer should understand this.

More like 10s, which means they would've slaughtered the 150-strong horde in like half an hour. That's not too bad for generic soldiers, there's only 1 Strelizia so far and up until now it used to eat stamens then go berserk.

Watch P13 last missions then. Tell me they don't suck.
Good job ignoring information that characters themselves voice.

Zorome says he's the best and and great pilot, we obivously should trust him, he's saying it after all.

Still in denial period I see

Good argument.

You didn't refer to any of my arguments.

>Cookie cutter main characters
>Faceless side characters
>Generic storyline
>Muh power of love style of solving conflicts
>But it has waifubait girls!
Has the meme FranXXfags are all shounenshitters been proven true?

You're a new IP so you didn't make any arguments ITT yet.

I did. All of them actually.
You are the one pretending that the newbie squad acting like newbies is any proof of how the situation was going.

You really didn't dude. Funny faces is not an argument

You are the only one bringing funny faces, and not accepting words that both P26, P13 and Hachi said.

>Watch Power of Love show
>Complain about the Power of Love

What is the purpose of your existence?

Speedwatchers are real and not a meme.

It's generic and predictable but it's okay!

Who hurt you?

See you next week.

Fuck you.

I'm a big fan of Huey Lewis and the News.

nobody is forcing you to watch pal