Railgun

How would you rate Mikoto's fight against Doppel? I thought it was one of the most hype moments she's had yet.

Who was that again? I might be behind. I got to the part where they’re all trying to break into the prison.

Nmv I looked it up. Strangely enough I didn’t enjoy that fight. It might be better in the new Railgun anime if that ever happens but sisnce she was basically letting Mikoto win nothing was really on the line. It was a glorified suicide and I did mean for that to rhyme than you very much.

since*

It was alright. The fight itself was interesting, the sand giant was cool to look at but felt a bit unnecessary. Some people question why the giant wasn't used elsewhere, but I think the more prominent question is why it was used at all? It's not a very effective means of combat, and Misaka really doesn't come off as ostentatious enough to warrant using it against a serious opponent. I know "rule of cool" and all, but Raildex has always been good at justifying those sort of things. Like with the creation of Ascalon. I would have liked to see an in universe reason why she was using it.
Of course, the big issue is the complete lack of emphasis on Misaka's lack of hesitation when it comes to killing Doppel. Do we actually know what the big deal about not having a soul is anyway? It's not as if characters like Hyouka have a soul, and they seem ok. Speaking of which, not having Hyouka in this arc was a major missed opportunity, having a foil to Doppel's justification for wanting to die would have really expanded on both characters.

What have I done? What have I done? How could I be so blind? All is lost, where was I. Spoiled all, spoiled all. Everything's gone all wrong. What have I done? What have I done. Find a deep cave to hide in, In a million years they'll find me only dust and a plaque, that reads, "Here Lies Poor Kakine"

But I never intended all this madness, never and nobody really understood, how could they? That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great. Why does nothing ever turn out like it should? Well, what the heck, I went and did my best and, by God, I really tasted something swell, and for a moment, why, I even touched the sky and at least I left some stories they can tell, I did. And for the first time since I don't remember when I felt just like my old young self again And I, Kakine, the #1!

That's right, I am the #1, HA! HA! HA!
And I just can't wait until next go round
'Cause I've got some new ideas
That will really make him scream
And, by God I’M REALLY GOING TO GIVE IT ALL MY MIGHT!!!... Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right

It had some of the best background artwork and cityscape visuals in the manga yet I think. But the fight between Frenda and Rakko was more memorable to me for some reason. I'll not forget it for some time yet.

Because there were no any real stakes for Mikoto in that fight and she basically got handed the win to her

Frenda looked pretty good in that one. I don’t know if it’s just me but manga fights are never really as exciting as anime fights for me. I think manga and books really shine in love and relationships where as action really shines on the screen.

If they ever do make a new Railgun anime that Kuroko Punch scene is going to be amazing.

So what’s with the prison they’ve got (our) girls breaking into in the manga? Is it just filler to keep them busy or are we actually going to learn something cool?

Since it’s Kamachi I know it’s a long shot but it would be cool to actually learn something new about the series through the Railgun manga. I’ve unironically learned more about how things in this series work like personal reality, AC etc with the Wiki. I just want one thing truly groundbreaking to happen in the manga. We haven’t really had anything since the sisters.

The reveal of the sixth level five in Railgun would make me a believer again.

I assume it's so the manga is somewhat relevant to season 3 when it comes out, since that prison is important in OT15.

I’m actually probably going to finally read OT 15 this weekend. I’ve been putting it off for a long time.

I hear Kakine poster is also reading OT 15 right now so I’ll probably discuss it with him when I’m done.

I’m glad to see Kongou was useful so far in the prison break in.

Makes you wonder how successful Accel and Kakine would be in the break in considering the aim jammers.

I’m surprised Accel isn’t helping. I think it would be totally in character for him to want to prove how great he is to everybody by taking down the impenetrable prison.

Accel wouldn't give a shit, drink coffee, and call Last Order a shitty brat. Anything else is out of character.

I don’t think he’d be able to do much anyways. I always though he wanted to prove to everybody he was so much stronger than them that they wouldn’t even consider challenging him though.

If anything the prison seems like the perfect stage for Accel.

At this point in the timeline Accel doesn’t give a shit about “proving” anything.

That’s literally only his pre-volume 3 characterization. He doesn’t care anymore after that.

Is it because he has LO so he doesn’t care about having friends anymore?

He abandoned that after Touma slugged him into submission

Misaka used the sand giant to amplify her railgun shots.

That was dumb. I don’t get how Nagai is made fun of when Kamachi pulls stunts like that.

>I’ll become so strong no one will mess with me
>Oh no my plan was dumb and didn’t work. Guess i’ll do something else

Because it makes sense? That was the first time in his life that Accel got shut down, and the guy doing it was telling him to stop taking the easy way out like a faggot. Nagai does dumb shit that flies in the face of characterization for the Railguns and breaks consistency of the universe mechanics.

Not even the fact that he lost. It makes me mad because it flushed everything Railgun was building down the toilet so Kamijou fans could get their dicks hard. Why was it necessary for Kamijou to show up and save Mikoto like a princess in her own series during one of the most important moments of her life while defending the lives of her sisters? It would have been way more cool if she found a way herself of had to let her friends in finally instead of some guy just showing up like Superman and taking care of all her problems.

Wait... this isn't the prison that has Awaki's friends in it right?

Because I'd like Awaki to show up in Railgun again and for an awkward meeting with Kuroko to occur.

>Why was it necessary for Kamijou to show up and save Mikoto like a princess in her own series during one of the most important moments of her life while defending the lives of her sisters?
Because she literally couldn't win and would be assfucked by Accel six ways to sunday, MP.
> It would have been way more cool if she found a way herself
She can't.
>of had to let her friends in finally instead of some guy just showing up like Superman and taking care of all her problems.
"Durrr it's ok if her friends help her but not the friend I don't like!!!" You realize Mikoto saved his life midway through the fight, yes? That Touma would be dead without her interference? Of course you don't, you're too damn stupid to actually pay attention.

>Railgunfags still getting asspained that their mary sue cant win with Nagai's dumb "power of friendship" bullshit

I just finished NT7. There are too many characters, I'm having a really hard time keeping tack of everyone.

Eh, you know what, why am I even bothering. I need to go to bed anyway.

>Mary Sue
>Cant win
You contradict yourself
Besides its only mobielposter

Himegami deserves rape

Aogami deserves rape

Mary Sue in the sense that Nagai propped her up. That's why it's funny how mad they get about the Sisters arc. It was actually good that she couldn't just overcome everything with muh friendship. Imagine if Touma never lost any battle because muh friendship, would be fucking dumb.

She could win. She had a ton of people willing to help including scientists, judgment and Anti-Skill. She literally didn’t need Superman to come in and save the day and I wouldn’t mind so much if she called on her other friends because they played a big part in the story and they specifically told Mikoto multiple times to let them in. The reason you’re so triggered right now is because you know I’m right.

But if Mikoto got saved, how could Touma jump in to save her?
Checkmate

She used an arm of the sand giant. No reason she couldn't have just made a tunnel for the same results. Could've made a bigger one too if she wanted more dakka.

>She could win.
She couldn't. Canon says she can't. You are from by word of author.
>She had a ton of people willing to help
Barely anyone even knew what was happening
>scientists, judgment and Anti-Skill
Could do nothing unless she got a hold of Amata somehow
>She literally didn’t need Superman
She literally did need Touma.
>I wouldn’t mind so much if she called on her other friends because they played a big part in the story
Literally doesn't matter because they would be paste, your way sucks and wouldn't work.
>and they specifically told Mikoto multiple times to let them in
Mikoto didn't because she is smarter than you and knew they stood no chance. If you were in charge, your friends would be dead. Congrats.
>The reason you’re so triggered right now is because you know I’m right.
I'm laughing at your stupid ass for actually thinking Mikoto had a chance at all with her friends. You are triggered years later because muh mikoto couldn't win with muh friendship.

Also, I like how you ignored the part where I mentioned that Mikoto saved Touma during the fight, contradicting your dumbass assumption that she's a damsel in distress. By the way, she's saved Touma way more times than Touma has saved her. She also has a better win record. But keep acting like Touma is "superman" or whatever, your butthurt amuses me.

>You are wrong* by word of author.

Double dubs confirm

>getting tranq'd
White Queen can't do anything right.

Kamijou doesn’t need to be part of everything important for the satisfaction of self insertion. Some people just like Railgun. Beating Accel up wasn’t even the only option. He felt bad for the sisters and always tried getting them to beg for mercy for an excuse to stop. Even if Mikoto went in and got her ass kicked for two hours straight and resorted to begging and made Accel see what a monster he was that would have been better than Kamijou showing up like fucking Popeye the sailor man and saving the day.

See
Also you’re freaking out like a clown because you know I’m right.

Stop self inserting into Railgun characters.

Stiyl, do something about your wife already.

>Kamijou showing up like fucking Popeye the sailor man and saving the day.
Fucking kek, that’s a good mental image. You’re still dumb but cute.
>still didn’t address the issue
>y-you’re f-freaking out!
Lel

Wanting to see them win their own fights and not get saved by (you) every arc isn’t self of inserting, Thats reasonable.

They fail to appreciate the fact that Touma wouldn't have won without Mikoto cheerleading the Sisters.

You’re dumb but cute. How about that?

Mikoto would have died in about 5 minutes
>resorted to begging
Now you want he to be out of character. Please don't push your rape fantasies on characters.

>girls should have won through the power of friendship and girl power because fuck canon and consistency in the universe, Mikoto should magically be able to overcome everything thrown at her and never be challenged
Stop self inserting.

Why are you responding to mobile poster

I don’t really know how to go about this, so I’ll just be frank. Im sorry Mobile-tan, I don’t fuck retards. I’m very flattered though and I’m sure you’ll find someone your speed eventually.

She's good for rape at least.

Because it's fun to get her upset. Besides, this is a shitposting thread with over half the posts being hers, and another thread exists anyway.

But, I'll stop for you. I'm about to go to bed anyway.

>when even user rejects you
Don't bully MP

He wouldn’t have killed her because she’s not a clone and she didn’t hurt him or anybody he knows and her asking him to spare her sisters wouldn’t be out of character. It would be development if anything.

>Mikoto
>begging
>ever
Fucking pay attention to her character and stop reading fan fiction.

Savage

I think having your sisters being killed would be a good time to develop as a character and do something g unusual and sacrifice your pride but whatever as long as Kamijou (you) comes in and looks cool who cares right. That’s all you want.

Nah, you just want a someone who isn’t Mikoto. And your mad that your fanfiction didn’t come through. You aren’t even a real fan of Railgun, obviously.

She isn't even replying to you amazing. I think you killed her.

It’s because I am a real fan that I care. You’re obviously an Index self insert.

I thought it was really cool. Showed off how insanely strong she really is.

>mobileposter

When I read OT14 I had a completely different perspective on it when discussing it here than almost everybody and you know why? It’s because I didn’t insert myself into Kamijou.

For instance everybody made Terra out to be so strong and made it seem like Kamijou saved Itsuwa and overcame the odds and beat him because of how amazing he is when in reality that fight was a shit show and Itsuwa actually saved him because without her he wouldn have clearly died. The fact that they won that was truly a Christmas miracle and Terra isn’t even that good. I have no doubts that two level fours could take him after reading that. If Saiai and Kuroko met face to face with Terra I’d put money on them.

They didn’t even finish him anyways. Accel had to come in and make Terra run. An esper pretty much finished the job.

AIM Burst kind of served a similar purpose.
Level 5s are nuclear bombs. But they rarely get to demonstrate it as doing so would produce collateral damage, which many of them don't want to do for either moral reasons or practical reasons.

A Monster is fair game though, so you can go all out. That's probably why Mikoto even mentions AIM Burst during the fight against robutt.

Why didn’t she use it against other big monsters she’s fought?

The only other big monster I can think of right now is the fetus from Railgun. Didn't seem like she needed it there and ran out of power after beating it. She was also pretty close to that nuclear plant, so it might not have been the best decision. also Kamachi probably didn't think of it yet.

The big dragon from NT8

Kamachi probably though of the idea with Janie. That was the first time an aim burst would have been used to kill a lot of people.

In fact it specifically said every esper within the city.

Yeah, but they were fighting on a moving train and outside of AC. Would she be able to form a Kaiju in that situation? Was there even that much Iron sand where they were at the time?

Not that dragon, the other one that Bersi killed

>So great is her power that Mikoto describes it as around Level 5 and that overrunning the system she is in allows it to kill every esper in the city through AIM bomb.

There are three different kinds of aim stalker in the series now and Janie has the level five version.

I might have to go reread that part, because I don't seem to remember it very well. Didn't she get left behind after fighting the one on the train?
I guess it'd still be hard to make one if there isn't that much Iron sand around.

There’s always iron around.

She shouldn’t have even fought it. She should have just fell down and waited for Kami to save her.

There’s people that would defend it if that happened.

She actually saves him in that scenario by catching him before he falls off the train to his death, mobile-tan. He even asks both her and Index for help and admits that he needs them. You should give it a read. You might like it, since he's not really the hero there.

I know he doesn’t save her there. I’m just putting myself in the head of the typical Kami self insert. I don’t think it’s that ridiculous that I would be mad that he saved Mikoto and took all her problems away at a time where major character development could have been made for her.

I find myself not even liking any of the level fives anymore. The only one I can really even cheer for is Gunha and I don’t even know much about him so probably even not.

Kakine seems alright. He’s almost comedy relief and I enjoy that.

The only thing about Kakine is I wish I knew more about that his goals were and what he actually wanted to accomplish. I get that he wants to be #1 but why?

I get that being number one is a goal itself but usually there’s a reason. Accel was written in a way where it made sense and was really well done although I guess Kamachi completely abandoned that.

>Other suggested-but-eventually-rejected playable characters were the Sisters, LO, Thor, Kakine, and Mugino.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good.

>Thor
That’s pretty good.