Shiki Vampire Sympathy?

I just finished shiki and find myself kind of confused. Was I supposed to be at all sympathetic towards the vampires? I mean they make a big show and ask "is it bad just to live?" but I mean I think if your existence kills your own kind or technically what you used to be then yeah, it is bad to live. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

fourhearts.org/facts/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Yeah, the show kind of tries to make the shiki sympathetic at the end and tries to show all the humans as a crazed mob, but I think they're pretty clearly within their right to defend their territory from predators.

If you eat meat you have no right to hate vampires.

You were supposed to acknowledge that both humans and vampires were equally as faulty.

and why were the humans faulty

The ending made me feel bad from the standpoint of they had to put dead family down for good, but the Shiki absolutely deserved what they got and Ozaki performed a civic service. When outsiders come in, kill your people, and general look to replace you under your nose, you shouldn't take that sitting down

>doing the same shit as shiki
>humans: hurr why u take our property that we laid waste to and plundered from nature itself REEEEEEE

The humans could have had walked away but resorted to pillage and murder. Shiki did some things wrong but fuck the hummies

Humans have incredibly strict regulations in order to keep the a healthy population of our food supply. The shiki came in with no plan but to eat uncontrollably, turn a bunch of people, and reduce the town to an empty husk. The closest they ever came to demonstrating such is by bringing in kidnapped humans from the city. And to even suggest this is to ignore the fact that humans have the same mental capacity as the shiki. No one blamed a mammoth for killing a retarded caveman that came after it.

>plundered from nature itself
Oh, shut the fuck up, retard.

It's not about property. Property can be replaced. The lives the Shiki stole can't, and the dead should stay dead.

So the humans are bad for defending their property? That's pretty retarded tbqh.

>The humans could have had walked away
Are you fucking retarded? They could have walked away from their own town after a bunch of them were killed and eaten?

No, fuck those vampires. Did they honestly think they could get away with settling so close to a human village, and attacking/eating the populace? Do they not know how dangerous human begins actually are when they need to be?

The only shiki with some kind of plan was the little girl.
She tried to create her own renewable food supply while the rest just rampaged and ate like crazed beasts.
Even the guy who had a major crush on his werewolf-friend tried to show some restraint and support his sorry existence as a shiki.

Truly, there are faults on both sides, on both sides. The humans were right to annihilate all the shiki they came across. But not indiscriminately like the shiki themselves.
On the other hand, some of the shiki did attempt to have a non-violent, though still very parasitic, relationship with the humans of the village.

Also, communism.

>resorting to pillage and murder
Uh... how the fuck is killing creatures that have not only invaded your village, but began eating your people in anyway wrong? Fucking Vamp supporting commie.

Well humans are evil who destroy nature and also bullied me so its the right thing to hate them. They should all just die.

given most of their loved ones turned and discriminate killings dont bring the dead back, yes

It does however permanently deal with the unpredictable and violent threat to you and your property.

Yea, everything doesnt matter at the end right? All life is meaningless and a curse to begin with

I mea thats not really the case, Shiki were content left alone after forming a community

>Dead should stay dead
Uh hello? They're shiki, not zombies. They are intelligent beings the same as humans fucking twat. Or are you trying to suggest only humans should be allowed to be called smart and everyone else is inferior? In that case you should reevaluate your ethics.

It has little to do with intelligence and everything to do with the shiki being parasites. What's their end game? They feed and they feed and they feed until there are no more humans left and congratulations. Putting them back in the ground is a service

You have no way of knowing that. Judging by their actions they are violent murderers who view humans as nothing but food. Why should anybody give them the benefit of the doubt?

Although I did feel sorry for the situation the vampires found themselves in and understand why they did what they did, I never once thought the humans were in the wrong. The vampires needed to be put out of their misery.

>Judging by their actions they are violent murderers who view humans as nothing but food
Thats not really the case either, most Shikis hate themselves for their actions and would probably choose a better way if there was one

It doesn't matter if they're intelligent or not when they feed on PEOPLE you retard. Why would humans ever feel the need to let things that are not only as smart as they are, but feed on them live?

Yes, but since there isn't a better way, they had to go. Humanity always wins baby.

I trust in due time they will find a way to replenish their nutrients from other biological stuff rather than humans. Plus, they have better genes than humans do. They are not as fragile as humans and they live longer. So fuck humans.

Then they should either kill themselves or offer themselves up to be killed. Their very existence violates the NAP.

>I trust in due time they will find a way to replenish their nutrients from other biological stuff rather than humans.
are you just meming right now or what

>Wanting weak humans instead of strong vampires to be your key of existence in this whole universe

Yeah, so much better that a bunch of human farmers wrecked their shit.

>they're not as fragile
The sun would like a word with you
>live longer
Except they're dead
But yeah, fuck humans, they should die, can you start with yourself first, please

>says the species that got wiped the fuck out by humans
Keep crying commie vamp.

Or just kill every human and be replaced with Shiki born humans, either way is fine

Their plan for Sotoba was retarded and some of them were definitely evil, but survival by itself isn't evil. Anyone who says that they would pull a Ritsuko is probably lying.

>not living in a different planet
Have fun when Earth gets consumed while you continue your shitposting on the internet faggot

They're dead and barren.

Dead can't breed, Einstein.

>being this much of a retard

>dies by laughing
>dies by own species
>dies by not sleeping

Keep damage controlling faggot

It wasnt fucking fair

>dies by farm equipment
>dies by sunlight
Just neck yourself

>projecting

t. projector

>step out into sunlight
>fucking turn into ash
If you can't step foot into the sunlight without turning into ash, you don't deserve to live on a planet like the Earth.

O yea bitchboi?

>not adapting with your environment
How do you think humans became the top of the food chain dumbass? How do you think we become inclined towards oxygen?

Going to be hard to do much of anything without a face or hands.

>implying the Muslims wouldn't burn vamps first
Face it, an inhuman threat like Vampires would unite humans. They'd focus on killing that outside threat first, then go back to killing each other.

By not spontaneously combusting in sunlight?

Millions of years of evolution and not relying on a single organism for our food source unlike these dumb vampcucks.

Can't adapt to the environment if your entire species dies at the hands of a 'weaker' species first, vamptard.

This

Remember the shiki had started to go into the next big town to find victims/food already. They need them to live. The more of them they create, the more food they have. I know in the novels (and manga I think) werewolf guy makes a comment that really settles the argument. That the hunters cannot outnumber their prey. He even says her idea won't work but went along with it anyway. The larger the community gets, the more likely it is to get attention and be attacked. Because defending yourself against such predators is only natural. And if they win, they wipe out their food or their numbers get so big that they don't have enough food. Then they either start preying on themselves or starving to death.

There's a reason vampires are always portrayed in old fiction as lonely and in small numbers, because it wouldn't work out well for them any other way. Such an undertaking would be a lose/lose situation for them. With such large numbers, they'd get noticed. If they lose, they obviously lose. But if they win, they lose in the long run anyway. The real take away from the whole story is that loli vampire was a complete idiot.

>modern society
>burning vampires
Come on now, are we living in the middle east? They just slap a medical condition on it and provide free blood while trying to figure out how immortality works

You dont go about murdering sentient humans if they require different nutrition or cant stand holy objects/sun

This

>shiki
>human
Pick one

No, but you do if those things actively hunt and kill humans for nourishment. Also, do you really think that a group like the Muslims wouldn't burn vampires? They burn infidels already, and vampires would be an even BIGGER INFIDEL.

It looks like a human, thinks like a human and acts like a human. Shiki is a human with combination of treatable medical conditions

Can't murder something that's already dead bucko. And you're right that we'd use them to figure out immortality. It's just unlikely that they'd be very happy with what that entails. You don't actually believe we'd allow them autonomy while running experiments on them, right?

>treatable medical conditions
do you have a single fact to back that up

No user, you put them in jail and still provide bloodbags like a civilized society does. We arent living in a shithole, there are standards and good conduct to be expected

I believe it's still possible to co exist with vampires with humans supplying their blood for vamp cash. And the rest is history, after co existing for too long, they become more and more human, and with their genes and our breeding capabilities, we may become a much more stronger and versatile species.

Given the laws involving human experiments, the nature of immortality being in cells and previous cases then yes. We would leave them running around

Its not like youre going to bisect them, that doesnt work outside anime and manga

Their diet consist of human blood,cant sand light and they have bad case of assorted phobias. Thats all there is to it

Their bodies are no longer capable of any form of reproduction, user. They're essentially corpses. They can only take life, not create it.

Why bother when it's a lot easier just to develop our own genetic and medical tech? What benefit does a parasitic organism's genes provide humanity that we'd not be able to cook up ourselves? Other than a pathetic reliance on an incredibly finite resource?

Shiki are a genetic deadend and humanity is doomed.

Jinrou are the future!

Here's the sequel, pic related

Shiki aren't human thus human laws don't apply to them.

They aren't human though, unless you want to call them cannibals

We're fucking dead and old before we can start improving our body dumbass. Why wait a thousand years when we can start using a vamp's body instead

OLD DOGS RUNNING THE WORLD

A NEW AGE

So you can't think of a single thing they offer humanity and you're just afraid of your own mortality. Thanks for clearing that up, cuck.

You're right, they were dumb to associate with the shiki instead of hiding amongst humans until there were more of them for any sort of meaningful influence on the town.

Since we categorize all kinds of freaks of nature as "human" Shiki would clearly count as one. Sure,they got no pulse but they still have IDs and proof of previous life. They have already been accepted as humans

Dude it's called hybrid for a reason.

>get doctor
>check pulse
>pronounce them dead
Glad that's cleared up, they are officially a corpse

>No pulse means dead
Gee user, I wonder in what kinda 3rd world country you live in

Glad they kept that out of the anime. This isn't Monster

They certainly can't be rightly called alive

Is co existing with shiki really a detriment to humans? Why do you guys keep shitting on them? Life finds a way, and humans keep on trying to fuck with them. eg see extinct/endangered species.

Why though? There are plenty of "alive" humans strapped to machines

>Is co existing with shiki really a detriment to humans?
Considering they eat humans, what do you fucking think genius

See It's simply unsustainable, and the shiki didn't seem that interested in keeping their numbers down to the point they could put together blood drives or something

It really isnt thanks to modern infrastructure

It was building empathy for them to show they aren't just evil, creating a situation of 'us or them'. Sympathizing with the Shiki over man is retarded, but you're meant to empathize their inner conflict and see most if us would act likewise in their spot

>8 billion people on this planet
>Cant even offer 0.000001% of humans to a similar species that is intelligent
>Animals killing humans
>Humans: REEEEE kill all of them

>There are people in this threat who would choose Jihadist over this qt

Mostly because they won't have to kill a human every 3-4 days to continue their survival

Let's just do the math. The shiki go through about 50% of the blood in a humans body in a matter of days. How much blood do you think blood banks have? And you want to give them blood for a large community that won't ever "die"? That won't last a decade

So you're volunteering to get eaten, right?

It's different when what your eating is a sentient creature you mongoloid. A cow or a chicken can't feel fear at the same level a human can, they don't actually KNOW what's going to happen to them when they're caught. A person being offered to a bloodsucking monster would know, and feel overwhelming fear at what is going to happen to them.

Its less than one 1l per shiki so going by this fourhearts.org/facts/ small Shiki population would chug on just fine. Its not like theyre expanding or anything either

A shame she wasted her own life for inferior inferior shiki.

Why?

It's not small, there were entire operations within cities worldwide

That is true but you cant clam theyre bigger than two or four people at most.

I think we should capture the Shiki and keep a small population of them alive to study them and use them as fuel for the coming age of genetic engineering.