FMA Live Action

Aside from the nip-tier VFX, it's definitely one of the better adaptations. It did a great job of recreating some of the more iconic stuff
>Lust v Mustang
>Truth/ The Gate
>the post-credit scene
obviously a sequel is planned, hopefully it doesn't shit the bed

The third act is terrible (like most movies nowadays) but I enjoyed it otherwise

I would have rather had Scar than those monsters from Scooby Doo 2

Is this based on 03 or brother hood? Drooped brotherhood back in the day since what they re-adapted from 03 fucking blew balls. When in brotherhood does it stop re-adapting 03's stuff?

Everything after Hughes' death is top tier.

I need HD stills of dog nina

>Is this based on 03 or brother hood?
you know there's a manga, right?

Opened my Netflix and it recommended that movie. I saw FMA about 13 years ago and liked it a lot at that time, but the movie felt like they just tried to re-do the anime but with real people.

I managed to watch only bits and pieces, otherwise very cringe-worthy. Mostly because for some weird reason they just had to cast japanese people in (seriously, why) it and have all the characters act like they are doing kabuki theatre. Hard to see that someone unfamiliar with the original concept would find the film worth watching.

And I mean, I liked FMA a lot back in the days so it's really a pity. Adaptations seem to never work. I've seen that with Death Note also. First they made the movie with all-japanese cast (again, wtf why) and then Netflix made the all-american version witch just butchered the whole concept.

>Mostly because for some weird reason they just had to cast japanese people in (seriously, why)
Because it's a Japanese story adapted by a Japanese company in the country of Japan. I doubt they could get enough international actors to show up for it. Partnering with a Hollywood/other international studio would also probably make the project way too big in scope, though the potential for that kind of thing is intriguing. Japan just seems to prefer to be hands off and let the foreigners do whatever with their properties. It's odd we haven't seen a closer collaboration on one of these yet.

In Death Note manga everyone is Japanese, except for Ray Penber or whatever his name was, and L, who was mixed. So wtf are you saying.

Hold on, a sequel?

Did we get based wrath against everyone in the castle during this movie?

Neat, could try it.

Bradly never even showed up in the movie

Or Scar

I liked it for what it was, but disappointed at what could've been. They put the really good aspects right next to the bad ones which makes them clash in the worst possible way. For example the costumes were incredible, but they didn't bother with his arm or to even get Ed's hair right with that shitty wig. The color grading was really good, but the directing was awful. The gate and the truth looked REALLY good, but every other CGI effect was terrible. I don't know what to think man, I had no expectations and I'm still kinda disappointed.

Can you post some webms, OP?

I understand why they did it, but it doesn't make it a good decision.

I was saying just that. Can't understand how in a land of how many tens of millions of ppl they cannot manage to find like, 2 non-japanese people to play roles of non-japanese characters.

God I got so hard whenever she appeared on screen, definitely the best casting choice.

They should have just sey it in Japan, go with Japanese names and leave out all te shitty wigs and stuff.

The Nina/Alexander scene was so shit tho. Felt like they threw it in without any tought behind it

>Can't understand how in a land of how many tens of millions of ppl they cannot manage to find like, 2 non-japanese people to play roles of non-japanese characters
>like
Anyway, the non-Japanese (or hell, non-Asian) characters in FMA are almost everyone. Where would they be able to find a shitton of non-asian people that can ALSO speak Japanese? It's a hard duty, user. It's too much work.
It would've worked better as an Italo-German-Japanese production, and it would've been pretty neat if they spoke in authentic German (and the movie itself should be subbed for the Japanese audiences), but one can't have that.
That's actually a pretty damn good pick for Lust, nicely done.

Top tier gluttony casting

>Opened my Netflix
Leave.

Why? I pay them every month to watch top-tier anime and films.

Envy looks like he doesn't want to be here.

A lot of the “emotional” scenes sucked because the pace of the movie was rushed as fuck and gave you no time to care

Chimera Nina sucked because they
barely touched on that family and Nina didn’t really do shit with the brothers.

Hughes sucked because he was just some smiling fucktard, his devotion to his daughter not present in the move because they made it so that she wasn’t born yet. Obviously this meant no funeral scene

The Ed/Al fight sucked because Al was given zero time to come to the conclusion that he might be artificial, no Barry the Chopper either. It also doesn’t help that they were separated from each other for the majority of the movie up until that point so we had no time to really be invested in their relationship.

Fuck, them trying to bring back their mom was rushed.

>Lust is top-tier
>Envy clearly doesn't want anything to do with this movie
>Gluttony looks like he walked off the set of the newest Hellraiser
Not sure what to think.

How was Roy and Riza?

It's a muppet.

In hte anime and manga, you feel bad because you felt attachment to Nina, in the live action movie you feel terrible because a cute doggo has been turned into a muppet.

Bradley is shit and doesn't work well on film, you have to basically have far better choreography than the movie has to make his power visible on screen.

Bradley doesn’t even do much by the point where the movie ends at.

He’s a figure who we know is pretty strong by few movements.

I knew that as soon the promo pictures were out.

>have all the characters act like they are doing kabuki theatre
White people will never understand asian acting.

>Opened my Netflix

Fuck, that looks good.