So why the fuck did people think this was going to be a shounen?

Seriously wtf is wrong with you idiots?
Also ep7 is in 20h 51m HYPE!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aRn905EZk40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was obvious from episode one that this is shoujo shit.

>using manga demographics as genres for anime

>not calling a duck a duck even though it looks, swims and quacks like one

Man, my wife Violet is so cute.

So I take it that you believe that ashita no joe and to love ru are the same thing then?

Retards gonna retard.

No one thought it would be a shounen, light novel fags claimed it'd be interesting episodic mini stories with interesting characters and messages, they claimed we would have stickies once a week, non stop threads and so on.

Turns out it's monster of the week in it's worst form, really generic and predictable weekly sob stories. Super formulaic and unambitious, not a single well thought out or executed thought or idea nearly half way through the entire anime.

Boring one note characters, no interesting or fun character dynamics or ideas to talk about, despite being anime original the show gives the viewers nothing to think about or make theories for.

Super face paced, introducing brand new characters and plot elements every episode, only to have their entire existences concluded within the same episode they are introduced. Making it next to impossible for anyone to feel invested or care about anything.

Also it's really poorly directed with static shots, constantly repeating itselfs due to lack of creative depth, re-enforcing what's already been explicitly stated in shallow visual direction. Forgettable soundtrack to boot.

It's not even a sub par or underwhelming show like say yuru camp or sora yori, it's just a bad anime through and through.

Meant for

They have in common that their target demographic is boys.

Oscar episode tomorrow, how much will they gut his story?

And yet your earlier post about ducks implied that because they had that in common meant that they were identical.
Also target demographics are not genres. A manga's genre is independant from the magazine where it is published, unlike the target demographic.

>he took the hype shitposting seriously
lm@o

I'm sad that it's not, i wanted to see badass violet, but autistic violet is great too.

I didn't take it seriously, I just told you what everyone thought it would be, compared to the disappointment it actually is, that's literally what OP asked for.

I personally wasn't expecting much, and as usual I was right about this sort of thing.

The problem is that it's a terrible character drama, not that it isn't a shonen.

hey have you seen FMA guy and PriPri guy? Know when are they going to show up?

Everyone is honestly stupid. The show is great if you have good taste.

Im glad this is a wathever genre it is but not shonen
I refuse to like shonenshit

>She isn't even the best girl of her own show

She is, but there's no competition.

What? No one was expecting that.

Oh yeah, the good old "when the show is good the hype was real, but when it's bad the hype is retroactively shitposting" side-step.

>calling it the savior of anime is totally not shitposting
>saying there will be stickies for each episode is totally not shitposting
Yeah, sure mate.

People called KLK the savior of anime and it had huge threads and took over the catalogue.
All shitposting is just good publicity, even if it was hating the show should at least be incredibly popular

>fast paced shounen take over the catalogue
News at 11.

Is they series going to keep this episode structure for the whole run?

- "Woe is me! My live sucks in an unprecedented way!"
- "Fuck thee, shallow thug! Take a gander at Miss Violet Evergarden! Look how she' taking off her gloves, revealing her chopped off arms! Did ya know she had a shitty life? Also, she can't emotion, yet she ain't complaining!"
- "Heavens! Would you look at that! I'm a changed individual now and love my live! Thank you, Violent Evergarden!"
- "I don't understand, I only stated the facts...by the way, what is love? Baby, don't hurt me."

Doesn't change that this show is made to appeal to a female audience foremost which is what everyone means and everyone understands when people call it shoujo shit.

Kisama!! shes my wife

>getting hyped for austism-chan boring adventures
For what purpose?

It's boring if you have ADD.

>on a board full of little girls
>bitching about anime directed towards girls

What a cute couple. Violet should just come back to the observatory and marry Leon.

It would have been better if it had been.

Instead we get this plot-hole ridden snoozefest with unlikeable characters, flawed development, and a distraction from KyoAni to focus on decent projects where they actually did good work.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

The light novel is definitely more interesting, I've been reading it since yesterday because the anime is just fucking trash and there are actual neat moments and ideas in there. Violet is quite literally a different character in the anime, more moebloby and waifubait like

why do you have to post this every fucking thread?

>static shots
>re-enforcing what's already been explicitly stated

I don't get what's bad about this? Most anime do it as well, why is it not OK when it's Kyoani?

When she does this, hnnng.

do any of the novels have official english releases yet?

I don't think so only fansubs

hey Lelouch i remember you from a few threads ago!!

fuck, my wife bioretto chan is cute

>So why the fuck did people think this was going to be a shounen?
Nobody expected this to be a shounen, go back to wherever you came from.

I think people expected expected more edge as seen in the CMs

>shounen
wat

I knew it was gonna be shit from the trailer alone, but I assume that the people who hyped it and thought this would be AOTY reasoned like "well if KyoAni is blowing this much budget on the animation it MUST be because it's gonna be good".

I have a feeling the climax will be incredibly rushed. We're mid-season and we still don't have any idea where the show is trying to go. Will it keep its client of the week formula until the end? The Oscar will get adapted since it appears in the PVs so that's another episode out of 13 (OVA will be some shit inconsequential filler so that doesn't count). I don't think they'll only adapt 2 chapters so just add another two or three episodes of client of the week formula. We know very little about Violet's past and if they keep following the same pattern we'll just get one or two 20 second flashbacks every 2 episodes. Leaving most reveals for the last 2 or 3 episodes. Also, did they just make 2 anime original CH employees just so they could have their one anime original episode and then disappear to the background?

Episode 5 is from the third volume that will come out next month, they're probably going to adapt the finale user.

That doesn't sound like it will end well

I went into the show blind,haven't watched anything by Kyoanime since K-On so I knew what to expect

There's really not much to adapt anyway, some chapters like the groom suck and chapters like Ann are not fit for the chronological order of the anime.

>third volume
Which volume is the goddess of war arc in?

Without spoiling can you tell me why Ann wouldn't fit?

>she can't emotion

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It has a lot of timeskips at the very end in order to finish telling Ann's story.

I love Yuru Camp and YoriMoi, but I agree that the episodic stories aren't interesting, I can't get invested into the characters, and the visuals are pretty damn boring.

fuck sora yori and its dull boring shit

Nah, fuck you.

Shirou... I'm hungry

Perfect

>loves 2 artistically bankrupt shows
>meanwhile thinks something with substance is boring
Literally cancer of the industry.

THIS.

Another generic, bog standard light novel adaptation that panders to normalfags with forced drama and sob stories in order to appeal to the most Reddit of all emotions isn't "something with substance" just because it has pretty animation.

Nice buzzwords, I bet you don't even know Sora Yori is the textbook definition of melodrama.

it doesn't pander to normalfags dumbass, it just doesn't pander to otaku.
>isn't "something with substance"
It has far more substance than monotonous, dull, melodramatic trash like sorayori

Sadness/sorrow is the most Reddit of all emotions and Violet Evergarden makes ample use of this fact to pander heavily to normalfags and westerners.

I love how you can't even defend your shows and instead latches on to whatever bogeyman you can think of.

But reddit's favorite anime this season is Franxx, VEG is actually dropping in popularity over there incredibly fast.

You guys seem to know a lot about what happens on reddit

That's because a franxxfag keeps posting reddit stats on VEG threads for some reason, I think he believes we get mad at their show getting more upboats and replies.

>KyoAnifags actually believe this

There are some some subtle visual queues in the show (at least as subtle as anime can be), but the characters are usually so shallow there's really nothing to analyze or discuss. This is sadly why most VEG threads are dead.

Also, another thing is that anything the visual direction attempts to tell to the audience gets then flat out spelled out by characters later on, this is more evident in episode 2 and in a particular scene of episode 5. It's like they don't trust us to connect the dots ourselves.

Reddit is not simply limited to the actual website Reddit but is rather a mindset that permeates through other online communities as well, such as MAL and Twitter.

There's no melodrama in SoraYori.

VEG is dropping in popularity everywhere harder than a brick

look at the state of this fucking looser

This has to be bait

I can't fucking take anyone in this thread seriously. Jesus.

Actually your post was the bait, since it was clearly intended to be inflammatory. I just replied to see if you would actually try to come up with something resembling an argument but instead you went with a pretty generic "lol bait" post because you don't have anything worthwhile to say.

There's quite a bit to talk about regarding VEG, just not on this chan ruled by children.

melodrama
noun uk /ˈmel.əˌdrɑː.mə/ us /-ˌdræm.ə/
>a story, play, or film in which the characters show stronger emotions than real people usually do
Ring a bell?

didn't know you loosers cared so much about reddit.
Wrong, in fact things have been picking up after the last couple of episodes. Also its doing really well in china and is trending on Netflix.

oooh look at my dull, boring, melodramatic, washed out, ugly shitshow of an anime

Good post.

It's actually not picking up at all. And Netflix shows don't trend the same way Youtube does. If anything Debiruman is the one trending with the amount of ecelebs talking about it, have you seen the newest Netflix japan ad? There's no Evergarden in it.

Devilman is pretty much forgotten already.

Yet it's at the forefront of their recent anime campaign

youtube.com/watch?v=aRn905EZk40

thank you user

>legitimately thought that it's going to be about an autistic soldier gradually trying to fit into normal life, something akin to Freesia only without the edge
>it's actually a cross of haphazard slice of life skipping all actual development for main heroine just so the show can wank on her harder and retarded chuunifest with her swinging a giant axe around

Because they want people to see it, it's not actually popular over there.

>There's no Evergarden in it.
Thats probably because its still simulcasting and isn't available everywhere like america

That video is showing anime that are currently airing this season and some of them not available in western Netflix, so that's probably not the case.

Violet Alwaysgarbage.

I was diagnosed with severe ADHD as a child and I have loved every second of this show. I don't agree with your statement. People who find this boring just have shit taste.

You want to know boring try watching the first season of Uuchu Senkan Yamato. I'm determined to finish it tonight but holy fuck has it been a challenge. VEG tomorrow is gonna feel like a fever dream compared to that.

We all want the same user

They haven't skipped any development, Violet is as autistic and blunt in episode 6 as when we first meet her

>wtf
>imgur
>!!!
Lurk for 2 years before posting.

I didn't get this image of imgur you retarded son of a bitch. You lurk for 4 years before posting.