Citrus

>Saburouta has a cold
Fuck your weather, Nippon.

4 chapters of the anthology incoming according to the translation group.

Other urls found in this thread:

comfy.moe/cfllsp.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Universe is sending a shot across the bow at Sabu.

Japanese colds scare the fuck out of me, especially when it comes to mangaka.

japanese colds are deadly

RIP in Peace.

People should be careful about spreading misinformation. I checked her mention, people just wish her good health and not overexert her body with work, as usual with mangakas’s fans sending their wishes.
Only one mention about a cold isn’t really one. The tweet just wish she doesn’t catch one... but a confirmation could be nice.
>ます!風邪に気をつけてお過ごしください

And frankly, how people can know that if the author didn’t communicate on health matters himself or herself.

Payback.

I can't believe Saburouta is DEAD.

Please stop making fun of that, a real mangaka died today from cancer, SSamba from Fluttering Feeling. So people should stop this trolling here.

Saburouta has not a cold, just wishes from people to avoid being ill. This thread and the OP deserve to fall in the bottom quickly.

¡Olé!

Oh stop, I wish her well. Some user probably translated the tweet badly.

Indeed, bad translation.

But the anons who post RIP and Sabu is dead has a very bitter taste since one of the most talented yuri author died today, after long illness.

>ssamba is dead
I didn't know that.
We truly live in the worst of times.

where do you think you are, numbnuts? this is precisely the place

Trolling on a false translation. Some user doesn’t know to use google translate and everybody follows believing the rumor.

That's good to hear. Somebody make a new thread then.

So Saburouta is dying?

I just saw someone on Twitter say Ssamba was getting better like a week ago and now she's dead. I was really shocked when I heard it.
I used to check back regularly for FF updates because even though it was pretty clear she was in no condition to continue the story she said she wanted to finish it one day so I always thought maybe there's some hope.

I can't believe SSAMBA is dead.

Oh wow I tought Ssamba was getting better, this is really sad

QC'ing new chapters of the anthology.

Dorky autistic Mei here?
The anthology will be a nice way to forget the manga last chapters.

Seems like there's Mei autism galore in these stories. Hopefully they'll put them up soon, they said they're already translated and only need QC.

Reminder Japan has five cities to legalize gay marriage and more cities will legalize it this year.

Even if it wasn't legally recognised in Japan they could still hold a wedding, exchange rings, dress as brides and say I do or however it works in Japan. Gay couples have done that for ages before same sex marriage has been made legal. The ceremony makes it official enough for them and their friends and families.

Why do we care about marriage being legal in real life? It's a manga.

Because it's still grounded in reality. It doesn't really matter anyway, since they have the money to go overseas and marry for real.

For semi-realistic series it could make marriage ends/developments possible.

It's Saburouta's birthday, apparently. It's already February 21 in Nippon. Based secret second account strikes again.
>@_saburouta サブロウタ先生お誕生日おめでとうございます!先生の描く絵が大好きで大好きでいつも楽しみにしています。これからも素敵な絵を描き続けてください。ずっと応援しています!

>smile has gone unprotected for months
Unacceptable, Mei

I now remember that I've seen Mei smile only once.

Won't that means they have to renounce Japanese citizenship?

wut?

I don't think so, but then again I'm not marrying anybody in another country anytime soon. Or marrying anybody at all for that matter.

I would renounce my citizenship for Yuzu

I would renounce my humanity for Yuzu.

Well, a country that acknowledge gay marriage will only acknowledge such marriage between its own citizens, and Japan doesn't allow dual nationality AFAIK.

I would renounce Sup Forums for Yuzu

I would renounce my academy for Yuzu.

Stop posting, Mei

I would disappoint my Grandpa and let him die of a heart attack for Yuzu

You don't need to live in any country or have their nationality just to get married. The only problem is that their marriage may not be recognized back in Japan? I'm not sure about that, I've been only looking info for a couple of minutes.

>Marriage Abroad

>U.S. embassy and consulate personnel cannot perform marriages in foreign countries.Depending on the law of the foreign country, local civil or religious officials generally perform marriages. Marriages performed overseas are considered valid in the country where they take place if they are entered into in accordance with local law. Recognition of the validity of marriages performed abroad depends on the laws of the place in which the marriage is to be recognized.

>For travelers who wish to marry their partners,same-sex marriagesare performed in many countries around the world.
>Keep in mind that marriages performed in these jurisdictions may not be recognized as valid in your home country and that the laws for getting married in each country vary dramatically for all types of marriages

I'm gonna marry Harumin

Don't give up yet, Yuzu

Shut up, Nene. They're just friends.

Mei wouldn't.
Fucking idiot.

She will. Just give her some time. Where's the "I believe in Mei" user when you need him?

Even he stopped believing.

How many more times do you want to be let down by Mei, user?

He killed himself/herself after the new chapter.

>some time
Its been over half a year. She's let her waifu sob herself to sleep in an empty bed for what must be about 6+ months.

I don't even want to believe in Mei anymore.

N-No. I'll believe in her till he comes back. You'll see!

As many as it takes till Yuzu can be happy again.

She thought both of them would be able to move on by now, but they clearly can't. They love each other too much. She'll change her mind, I'm sure.

Yuzu needs to move on user.
Mei will just let her insecurities hurt Yuzu over and over and over.

I love Mei!

I'm rooting for Mei!

>writing this when you know they're endgame
user...

Is this the only smile in 9 volumes?

I really loved that... "what the fuck... that was really gay" scene.

Oh, shit, I think it really is the only time she ever smiled. That's so sad. I can only hope she smiles at the end.

>You were supposed to back out!
>no u

She made several different expressions but I think that's really the only smile.

She smiles every now and again, but they aren't especially sincere.

Holy art evolution.

That's a smirk at most.

5 years gives you a lot of experience.

Mei is the number one smirkfu.

I like the old art

Will we get to see broken Yuzu trying to rape Mei now?

It's really charming, but it was a lot more cartoonish.

Mei is drawn in a really childlike way in this one scene in chapter 8. I think it's quite cute.

Mei wouldn't stop her. She would hate it but think she deserves it for what she did to Yuzu. She would let Yuzu have her way and just silently take it and cry afterwards.

But Yuzu wouldn't do that. She's too much of a good girl for that.

That's dark user. I like it.

Mei would hate herself afterwards for enjoying it.

Mei saw this day coming from the start and it's only with this final puzzle piece falling into place that all her previously bizarre seeming behaviors makes sense. All those times all the way back to the start of the story where Mei withdrew and pulled away from Yuzu every time they started to get closer, all those sad guilt filled glances during moments that should have otherwise been happy, they are all explained by the fact that Mei saw this day coming from the very beginning. Initially she had fought with herself to try and keep Yuzu away, but got caught up in her emotions and could not help but let herself get swept away by her love for Yuzu regardless of the pain she knew it would someday cause them both.

The real tragedy is poor Yuzu. She had no way to brace for the soul crushing heartbreak that was awaiting her from the start. She went into it blind and loved Mei with all her heart. It was the very fact that she was living in the moment and had no idea of what was coming that allowed their love to bloom the way it did. Although I understand why Mei never told her about the coming marriage, Yuzu deserved to know. The final stab through the heart was the way she finally broke the news to Yuzu by vanishing without warning and leaving behind nothing but a Dear John letter.

Although it is easy to hate Mei for what she did, people forget just how overwhelming falling in love can be. That first time we fall in love is a powerful experience that completely overwhelms our senses and reason. We want to revel in and hold onto those feelings regardless of the cost or the pain it may someday bring. Mei fought that same battle between what her heart wanted and her mind knew was best and lost and the beautiful relationship she had with Yuzu was the result as was the tragic manner in which it had to end. Mei may have been selfish and greedy, but love often is and now we know the reason behind the sad hesitant look in her eyes whenever she was falling in love with Yuzu.

I was really disappointed when the anime played down Mei's emotional outburst during this scene.

It's one of the few times in the manga in which Mei went really emotional. The other time was when her grandfather ended up in the hospital, and that scene also downplayed her emotions.

They're both suffering. But it's way too painful to see Yuzu acting like everything is fine. It's too cruel.

Pinkshit is worst girl.

Do we even know when Mei actually left their home, though? I don't think it was the same day they went on that date the day before school started.

Mei's hesitation being explained by her knowing any high school love affair would end is a pretty unconvincing post hoc explanation.

Mei goes to great lengths to keep Yuzu around. Why? Because she just flip flops chapter to chapter over weather she wants to be closer to Yuzu or further from Yuzu? Sabu please.

>I'm going to risk physical harm to test Yuzu's resovle
>I'm going to fake cheat on Yuzu to really make sure
>I'm going to insist Yuzu run for student council, and fight to stay at my school
>I'm going to look up dating tips to get closer to Yuzu, also reassure her for being a dirty lesbo
>I'm greatly looking forward to spending a whole summer vacation getting closer to Yuzu
What is all this then?

Mei is cute. CUTE!

Sabu's art is one of the things Citrus is always praised for so it's a shame the anime loses out on so many micro-expressions and small details about how the characters act. I feel like it's been especially harsh on Mei and I've seen anime-only viewers read some scenes wrong because the anime has portrayed Mei as completely expressionless.

One example from early episodes is when Yuzu asks Mei what happened between her and Himeko. Mei says it's none of Yuzu's business and Yuzu leaves. In the manga Mei looks kind of taken back and sad when Yuzu just gives up, in the anime Mei just stares blankly.

Mei is literally autistic, not even memeing.

>ok, think Mei, why is she mad? what did I do?

The manga just makes it look like Mei felt bad about hurting Yuzu's feelings there. The anime did something similar but not as pronounced.

None of that excuses what she did though.
Her actions are indeed understandable, but inexcusable.

Many things can be attempted to be justified by saying someone got caught in their own messy emotions, but be it something minor as cheating or something major as murder, none of that is ever justified.

Re-reading all of Citrus you can tell there's plenty of turmoil in Mei's heart. Several times she looked pained, when she ought to have been happy as you pointed out. But in the end, never telling Yuzu about the reality of her circumstances, a reality she chose out of her own will, is a betrayal of the love and trust Yuzu placed on her. Not to mention that in addition to breaking up with her at nearly the last moment, and not being able to muster even a bit of courage to face her to tell her the truth, but instead disappearing on her and leaving her a letter (in the book she wrote to make Mei happy of all possible places) was plain cruel.

I can't say I hate Mei, but I don't think she deserves Yuzu (not that love is a thing you deserve or earn anyway, but there's a sense of justice you just want to see fulfilled). Yuzu is one hell of an amazing person who's done as much as she can to make Mei happy, so if Mei is going to end up together with her (which we know she will) I really want to see her make up her mind (because currently it's clear Yuzu is a second priority next to her family duties - though it's possible to understand why), and then for Saburouta to place as many hardships in her way to get Yuzu back. So, that once she endures hell I can think she's done her part.

I honestly think that whilst Saburouta always planned on having them break up at some point - Mei's pained faces have been there for a long time - I don't think she thought about the new fiance twist until recently.

It angers me because dumb plots like this (the things with Sara in volume 4, and now this fiance thing) always make Mei look really bad.

This week's episode was good at conveying Mei's conflicted feelings t b h, she looked pretty troubled here.
comfy.moe/cfllsp.webm

It's all Matsuri's fault in the first place. If she didn't suggest the summer weekend to cafe manager's boarding house he wouldn't have changed and kept being Shou2.0

While I think that didn't help, I'm also pretty sure that grandpa would've found another suitor, and way worse than manager-san.

If male Ume is suppose to be a construction worker like Ume, why does he look like a twink who never lifted in his life?

Forget that, we need more of this hot cake sensei.

>is heterosexual
Trash.

It's just sensei as a whore

We need more of this whore cake sensei

That snuggle will always melt my heart.

I rather get male Sara

>there are people who think that Mei doesn't love Yuzu
Heretics.

As a matter of fact the "problem" is that she loves her too much.

So is this school really full of lesbians?