How come no other studio has managed to match Kyoani's consistent art and animation...

How come no other studio has managed to match Kyoani's consistent art and animation? Most non-Kyoani anime reach a point somewhere around mid-season where it looks bad and with some QUALITY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAoo0hj5H6I
youtube.com/watch?v=I6cyKZZMFE0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is why people fucking hate kyoani, because of retarded niggers like you.

There's a reason why they're called GodAni.

The way he framed the question is fine, why are you being such a faggot?

I'd say it is a genuinely good question. I'd argue Ufotable has some decent animation and quality on their TV-shows too.

Didn't they choke on some anime so badly it had to be rescheduled like 2 years ago?

I don't know, are you talking about ufotable or kyoani? And do you mean choke as in popularity or quality wise?

Quality wise, I can't remember the name of the show but I remember airing had to be put on hold for a while

I haven't seen a kyoani show since that market one. I did watch Koe no Katachi in the cinemas when it came in Japan which I loved since I read the manga in the past.

I'm talking about Ufotable not Kyoani

The only ones I can think of are Fate and Tales of Zestiria and neither had bad quality in my opinion.

Cause they didn't draw jack shit for the backgrounds. They are literally photos with multiple layers of filters to make it seemed they were hand drawn.

Yes?

So that makes it cheap as fuck and lazy as fuck. Consistently lazy. That is the answer to your question.

>Tales of Zestiria
3D3G crap

>I'm talking about Ufotable
How can you even compare ufocrap to KyoAni in terms of art (and direction)???

and animation of fucking course.

Because kyoani is the only animation studio that pays their employees reasonable living salaries and not 2 yen per panel drawn.

I assume you're talking about God Eater. Shit was so beautiful it fucked the schedule really badly. Episodes aired every two weeks, specials/behind the scenes video aired to fill the time slot.

>God Eater
>was so beautiful
don't do drugs

Your talking about the God Eater anime right?

>only
Stop parroting bullshit. Toei is one of the best when it comes to salary.

youtube.com/watch?v=EAoo0hj5H6I
Fuck, it looks like a horse crap. I almost puked.

Filtered backgrounds, tons of stills, mainly SOL or anime without action, pretty artstyle, decent animators and they don't usually do more than 1 anime per season. Do you have any more questions?

I didn't like the weird shading and the transformers inspired action direction

Maybe for high level employees. Looking at their animation it looks like they out source it all to korea and taiwan.

>mainly SOL or anime without action
You don't know a shit about it. Their slow paced scenes has more animation than most of action series produced by other studios. INCLUDING SHITTABLE (they can only use 3D models for animation which looks lie a shit).

I have watched all their series and I have watched over 1000 ~ series, I'm not an expert but you are just shitposting for the sake of it.

Freelancers suck and GodAni trains their own staff.

Most action anime also have little action, most of its runtime is dedicated to buildup or bad guy monologuing, also as far as SoL and normal depiction of day to day activities, kyoani is by far the studio that puts the most effort into consistent character animation and framing variety. Most SoLs have those 5-6 scenes with great animation and editing like in Slow Start or YoriMoi this season but 90% of the time they're just static flapping mouths in medium shots

What anime of theirs has tons of stills?

Having a taste and knowledge about art is now called shitposting. I'm watching anime since mid of 90s. My golden era is ~1998~2008 (art, animation, direction and story building). I've seen many shit-looking series, but Ufotable and similar studios (like GoHands) is really hard to watch. They can't into animation (3DCG is a cancer) - flashy effects, rapid camera tons of filtering. They can't into art - shitty undetailed characters, generic backgrounds, 1 level gradient shading. They can't into direction - coping American blockbuster style is the worst thing which you can do. They can't into sound and music - generic orchestra and 'blockbuster' drums.

>Most non-Kyoani anime reach a point somewhere around mid-season where it looks bad and with some QUALITY.

Oh but that happens to every KyoAni show too. Around the midway point their shows go full QUALITY WRITING.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6cyKZZMFE0

Well, VEG didn't even have the courtesy of waiting until the midway point.

For me it's usually the other way around, Kyoani shows get more interesting past mid-season

I see, as your braincells die off, you become more entertained as it goes. I'd say that applies to a lot of KyoAnus fans.

Why do you have to be so mean?

I'm watching anime since mid of 90s too and you are right to choose 98/08 as your golden era but you are attacking me as if I was defending Ufotable or any other studio, I just stated the reasons of why Kyoani shows looks that good so I don't know where are you diverging from my opinion.

Dayum, good post.

Because that's the general rule regarding kyoani shows, they always take their time.

It wasn't directed into you (ufo part). I just can't believe that people can compare these studios like they are on par with production values. This is fucking unbelievable.

was that girl supposed to change clothes twice at 1:14?

>I'd argue Ufotable has some decent animation and quality on their TV-shows too.
Sure, for series with "Fate" in the title and only for certain episodes. They're certainly not consistent.

Does anyone have those webms comparing Hibike to Haruchika and that other one with Phantom World vs Grimgar?

I think so yeah. Looks like she's growing up.

It's 3 times and yes. It's her growing up. Hence why she started as a loli, went to a 5th grader, and then her current save the world teenage age.

I see, interesting.

Ufotable literally is better at the digital effects aesthetic than KyoAni.

>middle left
ew

Usually you are attaching image for proving your point. It's completely different in your case. Why? It looks as bad as every Ufo work. Comparing it to KyoAni is laughable.

The main difference that Kyoto has been pursuing for the last decade has been training animators in-house, as opposed to simply being a management entity that organizes and hires freelancers.
This isn't particularly unique - most studios do have some in-house departments that work on all their shows or staff that are consistently associated with them even if they might formally be freelance (ex. ufotable's visual effects, Shinbo and SHAFT, etc.) that often add that personalized studio touch, but Kyoto does virtually everything in-house.

There's other industry factors here to consider - Kyoto works on fewer shows a year (compared to say, A-1 Pictures) and animators are paid on salaries as opposed to by drawing. You could also make an argument for more nebulous things like a "company culture" or "reputation" that places big expectations on staff to perform as well. It's not without cost, either - Violet Evergarden was delayed 2 years, for example.

>Comparing it to any decent studio is laughable.
fixed

Ufo literally uses real textures of dirt/clouds, though

VEG's backgrounds are lovely. Hopefully Gay Archers continues the trend.

Fuck. Horsecrap. And that CGi fire. DISFUCKINGUSTING.
Put your glasses on user.

that's one of the reasons why it looks so cheap

>kyoani shiteaters seething

Tell me how right looks better than left

If they're so good then why the fuck can't they animate fucking kiss scenes?

Of course I'm talking about Ufo. Phantom World is only a reference how it should look like if you decide to go with modern production.

Have you ever heard of Phantom World or Chuunibyou?

Now compare it as whole production, not a single background. Don't lie to yourself, seriously.

>I don't understand why the background is brought to attention sometimes
Nice one brainlet-kun.

The only kiss I can remember from Chuunibyou was treated as a fucking joke.