Is Ishidate-san to blame for why this is such a bad adaptation?

Is Ishidate-san to blame for why this is such a bad adaptation?

Or is there something else at work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okos4UhBnkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't polish a turd.

Remember when people posted excerpts of the award-winning book, leading up to the anime, and we all immediately recognized it as the trashy LN it is?

no idea what the source is like but the animu is pretty good so far

But Kyonanii is making it look good?

How about waiting until it finishes airing?

I missed the hype train and I'm enjoying it.
It's nothing special, but it's nice I guess.
But then I like dramas, even if VEG is as weak as a drama can get.
I know some people who were really hyped for VEG and got burned hard.

We are already half way through the anime user.
If it isn't good for you now odds are you won't like it after it emds either

>LN anime adaptation announced
>regular people: ">LN"
>LNfag: I swear, this one is different guys! This one is actually good!
>anime comes, out it's more generic bottom of the barrel trash
Like clockwork, every time.

Episodes 5 and 6 are canon and they were pretty damn good. It's a 14 episodes anime and it's just getting started, stop being in a hurry.

At least it wasn't an isekai this time. Death March and Smartphone make me feel sorry for the animators who wasted their lifetime creating such piles of shit.

>14 episodes

What happened to the "autistic format of 12-13 episodes no matter what"?.

Ask kyoani, I don't know what happened.

There's a sequel planned, that's why their putting in all the original episodes and only doing 1 vol.

>It's meh but it's good
>I only watch it for saber clone
>Yamada saved the anime, only if it's working on a kyoani show otherwise is a hack
Typical kyoanus lickers answers

If they don't adapt the chuuni garbage it's going to be superior to the LN.

It's shocking in its consistency. I don't even understand how anyone watches an LN adaptation for any reason but to laugh at it. They're YA novels, they're never going to actually be good.

>bad adaptation
kys

Elaborate.

It's not a bad anime it's just very average by Kyoani standards.

By any standards

Ishidate wants to be Nolan but he isn't very talented.

fpbp

This is in most respects an impressive production but they sure fucked up hard with these filters or whatever they are. Look at the lack of contrast here. It's awful.

LNs are a meme. Nobody (in the West) ever watches them, they just sit around complaining about how bad they are because that's what they heard. If they do watch one and like it it won't change their opinion, they'll just keep saying they're all bad no exceptions.

How do you watch a light novel user?

Lmao is this nip in the right, Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=okos4UhBnkE

>Shit, sloppy worldbuilding
>Idiotic decision of making Violet a blank canvas for like 3 episodes, only to have her still be pretty bland after what was supposed to be her anime original growth arc
>Episodic character arcs can sometimes feel too rushed

Like Nolan.

Obviously I am talking about the anime adaptations. I should not need to spell this out.

What is he saying?

He reads the synopsis and then trashtalks it.

>b-but that's a terrible translation! This terrible 10 y/o-tier dialogue actually sounds deep and sophisticated in japanese

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Why do they aways use this arguments?

Nigger, I have watched tons of LN adaptations and they are, 99% of the time, bottom of the barrel garbage. Nothing has a worse track record as source material. They became a meme because of how consistently bad they are.

He's a shit director imo.
And while the LN is shit too, since Kyoani takes liberties in how much they change from the works they adapt, I don't see that as an excuse.

Or
>the anime was just a bad adaptation! The source material is actually really good!

To be fair, the translations available aren’t the best.

I'm unironically considering making a bingo sheet

>there’s a sequel plan

Hahaha, I’m sure there is, my special little mong

‘Kay, doesn’t make it any less true that it’s amateur translations by folks with no access to the author.

This is Kyoanus my friend, even flops like Tamako or Kyokai no Kanata got movie sequels/prequels.

Also, ishitdate was in charge of Kyokai no Kanata and he seems to love sloppy non-linear narratives, I'm pretty sure he'll make one or two sequel and/or prequel movies.

>implying it would help
lnfags truly are the funniest

It doesn't make any less true that the writing is trash to begin with

>Hey, I’ll redraw this comic for others so they can experience it too, even though I’m not a professional copyist
>huh, why does it look like a child drew it?

It probably looks like a child drew it because they were copying sonichu

And how do you know this?

Isn't there a sonichu remake that looks better than sonichu?

Because it's an LN. That's like asking how anyone could guess that Ready Player One would be a bad book

All sonichu remakes (not done by Chris-Chan) look better than the original.

Hell, your remake would look better, simply because you’re not Chris-Chan

More like
>hey, I'll translate this comic for others
And the writing can be astonishingly bad regardless of the translation used. Not that I'd expect a LNfag to discern good writing.

>guys I swear Bleach writing is actually a masterpiece, it's just Niggastream translation that makes it sound stupid shit

>kyoukai
>flop

well it's a LN adaptation, it will be shit no matter what since the source material (a fucking LN) is also garbage

Ryuuou is good though

You don't have to respond to retards.

>Ep.5 ends on war cliffhanger
>Ep.6 is something COMPLETELY different

I don’t know if this is bad writing, planning, or direction

But it is bad

why not all three

The source material was shit, so of course the adaptation is too.

Sure but this happened because KyoAni wanted to cut the middleman and created a LN line just so they could pillage then for adaptations without having to pay the publisher.

That always been KyoAni main problem, in the past when they did KEY adaptations people actually liked their work, now most of what they do is from their LN line they even butcher further, it worked with Free because it was Yaoi Anime Of The Season but with the rest been mostly been duds.

But user, I thought VEG was THE GREATEST LN KYOANI HAS EVER SEEN

As far as LNs go, it’s a heartfelt attempt

It is. Hordes of EOP saying otherwise won't change reality.

I'll be sure to add it to the Japanese canon. I can't wait to see Akatsuki win the Nobel for literature

Has a Jap ever won the literary Noble?

Another non argument, impressive.

I love Violet!

As though the polyglot version of 2deep4u is any better

2017 at the very least.
Probably other years too.

It certainly is. If you can't read a damn book you should not judge it.

Doesn't count, Ishiguro is born and raised in the UK

>the ln translations are garbage
>and the adaptation is garbage
>and a fair number of people who have read it in the original japanese believe it's garbage
>but none of this counts because you can't read it yourself, so you have no ability to criticize it
wew

Is 1968 more up to your taste?
I don't actually believe I looked up the list of nobel laureates for this

>some said it's garbage so it's garbage to me
What's it like being this stupid?
Don't answer that actually.

Yeah, and '94

>ignores the other myriad ways to know the source is bad
user, seriously. When every avenue of understanding suggests it's of little value, the truth is obvious. Plenty of classics have poor translations, but their inherent brilliance shines through the mangling. VEG has no such light.

Nobody is comparing it to classics or masterpieces you inbred accident.

If only this scene had a proper translator, the poor, stupid non moon speakers would finally understand the subtle complexities of VEG

>It just wasn’t proper to let a girl sit around in wet clothes, even if she were mechanical. Having figured she’d need something to change into, Oscar picked up one of his own bathrobes, which he thought reasonably clean, and headed toward the bathroom. It had been so long since he’d had anyone else in the house using the bath that to knock on the door completely slipped his mind. He walked right in to find her not yet changed.
>“A-ah, s-so…rr…y? Huh?”
>Oscar was so overwhelmed he could hardly find words.
>“What on earth?!”
>The image of the naked woman coursed through Oscar’s eyes. She was far more captivating, far more beautiful than any of the Renaissance nudes.
>Drips fell anew from her golden locks, these of bathwater. Her eyes sparkled that perfect blue which no brush would ever capture.
>Below them, her full lips, her delicate neck, her prominent collarbone, her round breasts, the feminine curves of her figure. In contrast, the artificial arms that extended from shoulder to fingertip on both sides of her body seemed alien, as if they’d just been stuck on.
>Though covered in scars, every inch aside from those arms was clearly of flesh and blood.
>Every soft swell of her body told the story. This was no automaton, no doll–this was a human being. In the utter shock of his shattered beliefs, Oscar found his eyes scanning her naked form again and again.
>“Sir.”
>Violet's tone was harsh. Oscar, who had until now stood frozen in surprise with those eyes locked on her form, finally seemed to grasp the entirety of the situation he’d put himself in.
>“Ahhh! Aaaaaaaaahhhh! AaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaahhh!”
>Ironically, after all this, the only scream to be heard came from Oscar himself.
>After all but emptying his lungs with the scream, Oscar, both red in the face and seemingly half to tears, demanded of Violet, “You were human all along?”

And sometimes a translation can lift a flawed work into something better (see Baudelaire's translation of Poe's workd to French. It's a joy to read in ways Poe's original writting will never be).
But comparing literally YA literature to classics is disingenuous at best.

OHNONONO... AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Such deep emotional drama

>this won a prize in Japan

but it's good

I miss the time when the worst I had to fear were eroge/date sim/visual novel adaptations. Most of those were trash, and many were cheap tearjerkers, but LN adaptations are statistically so much worse it's hard to believe.
LNs are young adult shit, and young adult novels should not exist as a category. The most enriching aspect of reading for a teenager is getting to see glimpses of the world through the eyes of the adult who wrote the book. If it is dumbed down on purpose or written by people who are as mentally immature as the audience (or even literal kids in the case of many web/light novels) it defeats the purpose.

>he hasn't read any of Kawabata-san's works

AHAHAHAHAHAH This got to be a fucking joke.

Yamada would have saved this garbage LN.

He was born in Japan.

Depends on the quality of the translation and the distance of the two langauges. A bad translations of languages as different as Japanese and English can make the prose unrecognizable.

worse than phantom
lol

the source material wasnt that good to begin with

>gullible EOPs believing fake LN translations
Like clockwork.

>i-it's fake!
lol

whats her name again

You're right. Still he was raised and lived his entire life in England. And for all effects and purposes he is considered English as far as his Nobel goes (look for lists of Nobel laureates, they list his coutry as England. Also, official Nobel statistics list Japan as having two literature laureates: 1968 and 1994)

Purple Longbush

>Violet
>Luculia
>Iris
>Cattleya
>everGARDEN
Bravo KyoAni
R
A
V
O

Reminder

Takemoto > Yamada > Ishihara >>> iSHITdate

Well, he was born two Japanese parents, came to England at age 5, and grew up in a Japanese household, which does count for something, but I agree that he's not what you'd normally think of as a Japanese Nobel laureate. They Nips have two others anyway, both born and raised in Japan and writing in Japanese.

>takemoto that high
Haha, no.