Bleach Live-Action Film's Teaser Shows Ichigo's 1st Hollow Battle

youtube.com/watch?v=ixNNLvyCn5Y

Warner Bros. Japan began streaming a teaser trailer for the live-action film of Tite Kubo's Bleach manga on Wednesday. The teaser shows Ichigo becoming a shinigami for the first time to fight a Hollow.

The film will open in Japan on July 20.

The film will center on the "Substitute Shinigami Arc," the manga's first arc which ran from its first to eighth volume.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bleach_moviejp/status/960288556596867072
youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc
tubedubber.com/?q=ixNNLvyCn5Y:1lsn2tT5yTc:0:100:0:0:1#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bleach Live-Action
WHY?

Not anime, bleachfags

Live action of anime series is allowed newfag.

Rukia's voice a shit.
I miss Sato Miki, though I realize she's not gonna get any younger.

Read the rules faggot.

Well at least it’s covering the only good arc in bleach, kek.

hi

>no Aizen
lol who cares

ICHIRUKIBROS ASSEMBLE

LET'S WATCH THIS FILM MAYBE ICHIRUKI WILL BE CANON

twitter.com/bleach_moviejp/status/960288556596867072

私が現場で実際に感じた2人の友情は、きっと観てくださる方々の胸に響くような作品になっているのでは、と思っています!
>Sugisaki Hana (Rukia Kuchiki): “I think I felt the friendship between the two (Ichigo and Rukia) at the set and it will influence the hearts of the audience.”

Think again, Ichirukeks.

The what of the audiences now?

>both the anime and manga were canceled
>I know, lets make a live action movie for the 10 people that were still reading/watching it to the end

>friendship between the two (Ichigo and Rukia) at the set
Holy shit, it just doesn't stop.

>The film will center on the "Substitute Shinigami Arc,"
What's the fucking point then? The nip fanbase are huge shinigamifags.

wait, was the manga really cancelled? Or did it just finish the end of the story?

I know the anime ended kind of abruptly, but I thought the manga was going strong. Sorry if this is common knowledge, I don't normally follow bleach

>friendship
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>manga
>cancelled

When will this meme die?

>wait, was the manga really cancelled? Or did it just finish the end of the story?

The latter. The last few chapters were extremely rushed due to Kubo's declining health.

>was the manga really cancelled?
No. Kubo's health was going to shit, and after finishing the series up, he had to get surgery since his left shoulder was all fucked up from the strain it took from him leaning on it all those years. The ending with the new generation taking over is what he wanted, and Kazui/Ichika meeting was his main goal of the final chapter.

Kubo got extremely ill and he didn't want to do a Togashi. The last five chapters were rushed and he skipped to the epilogue. Then he hired Narita, gave him a list of all the plot points he was unable to cover and a list of background information Narita wanted to know (like the name of Tosen's friend) and asked him to write novels. So we have a currently two novels written by Narita and probably a third one too. If Strange/fake and the number of main characters are any indication, this may go on for a while.

Where is the source that it's only covering the first arc?

I'm guessing the official twitter.

There was once a magazine announcement that said that it will cover the first arc, but also go another route and introduce human villains. Given who the director is, that sounds very likely.

>but also go another route and introduce human villains
dropped

>no toshiro or byakuya appearance
killed it before it even released

This is a movie. They can't just adapt the stand-alone episode structure of the first arc.

Byakuya will appear.

It looks like a fucking fan made film
Also fuck off bleachfags

all jap films look like they're fan films. Look at the FMA live-action shit

Bleach isn't popular anymore user, it's okay to like it again.

I don't know why anyone watches live action adaptations. For some reason the actors can never get the stances/movements even roughly correct. I'm not talking about the cuhrazy anime movements, but just the things that should be humanly possible. Example, the sword is way to horizontal.

People who still follow bleach now much be desperate and will eat all kind of shit to fill the whole in their heart.

Not bad... actually.

Classic Japanese teen features, gotta say. Impeccable casting! For all the characters!

Yeah, a high black collar is totally Ichigo's shinigami design, they nailed it.

The only live-actions that actually work are the ones based off josei/seinen/shoujo, and that entirely depends on the series being adapted. Shonen is literally the worst genre to try and adapt because the whole fantasy world just doesn't work in the 3D world, or. If you're going to adapt a shonen, you need a HUGE fucking budget in order to make it look good, and majority of these films don't have that.

>Cockoro ka?

What did Ulquiorra mean by this?

still looks like a cancer patient wearing a cheap wig.

No OP 1 no watch
youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc

MAKE IT STOP!!! KILL ME!!!! KIIIILLLLL MEEEEE!!!

The movie original villain will make or break it, it better not be some clown looking shit.

GAHAHAHAHA
ICHIRUKIfags eating shit again

Shonen is more than just battle manga. There is tons of mystery and romance shounen getting live action adaptations as well.

Many of the reasons OP 1 was so great:
>Great weather, identifiable lens flare
>rimshot on not-a-snare
>phenomenal upbeat, up-tempo guitar without an overbearing vocalist
>character art is stylistic, trendy and enticing
>father is just some trendy dad of humor
>generic cute girl for the timid fans
>imoutos are cute angels who need saving (but displayed comically (but really))
>MC takes center stage, clearly with his shadow supporter
>friends of MC are similarly trendy and diverse including tomboy, ogre, honor student etc
>focus remains on story duo while support is quickly displayed, all with stylish fashion
>scenes are static, but transition with excellent quality
>music remains catchy throughout
>the "mysterious" characters all have animated frames that loop, making you pay attention to them and remember "oh yeah, I want to know MORE about these people in particular!"
>tone of relationship is set for the cast within just a few frames of interaction
>the casual, but dark, setting of this ghost-hunting slice-of-life still feels comfortable and fun
>the fighting is clearly separated from the comedic tone of the regular activity, showing its dedication to animation and director's influence
>characters continue showing up showing a myriad of activities, adding layers and layers of color to the already established net of personalities
>music remains punchy and brisk

>Shonen is more than just battle manga
I'm well aware of that, but Bleach is very much battle focused. It's going to be difficult to adapt the feel of the manga. Like I said, a huge fucking budget is needed for projects like this. Something like say Erased is easy to make into LA, because there are no monsters, fighting or characters with "odd" designs. I mean they couldn't even adapt Rukia's hairstyle because it looks stupid as fuck in 3D.

It doesn't actually look that bad. Are we being Kubo'd?

>but Bleach is very much battle focused
Yes and no.
Story relevant? Oh HELL yeah, this whole fuckin' story was about fighting power, geez.
Manga sales relevant? It was a shouned, after all, gotta constantly hype up matches to get sales.
Entertainment purposes? Not really. Once Ichigo got so OP he was blocking 1 million Zanpakuto-strong halberds while untransformed and one-handed...the battles had little point beyond "the only way Kubo Tite knew how to write story exposition"

I'd be okay with a Bleach live action if it was more detective work, slice-of-life where this punk gets in to a 20 second brawl and culminates in a 3 minute fight turned spirit bomb. There rest of the film is watching Ichigo and Rukia fight with each other since Ichigo is a stubborn heart-of-gold delinquent and Rukia is a pompous demon forced to make compromises as they integrate her into his life and his life becomes more important as he's given a goal: protect his family and town until his debt is paid.

Why does the hollow look like a green goo monster?
and how does japan always make every live action movie look so amateur

Sure, but it still won't change the fact that Ichigo defeated a new hollow almost every other chapter. Early!Bleach still has it's very share of battle elements, and going by the hollow in the trailer, it looks like amateur work at best. I don't even want to think about the Uryu/Ichigo tag team will go.

japan live action has really shit cinematography, everything looks like a student project

FUKUSHI SOTA!!! I loved him in Fourze and a few of his JDramas.

Looks 15

i actually think the hollow is the one thing that looks good

f r i e n d s h i p

I thought it got canned because Kubo wanted it to be faithful to the source?

AHAHAHAA
These two are terribly average actors. Literally eye candy. Ive watched there jdramas and movies.

You're baiting right?

That was the Hollywood live action not the Japanese live action

That shouldn't have set me off laughing like a retard

What the fuck? Is that supposed to be Rukia?

She doesn't look like the character at all - she looks like a cross between Hinamori and that one mod soul girl at Urahara Shop

They should've made this movie like Gantz:O

tfw Hollywood could have done a decent job with this
>we will never see Shane Black's take on Bleach

agreed

I am relieved the Japanese are making this movie and are actually trying to adapt the source material, unlike that travesty Death Note movie Netflix made.

>Kenny Strawberry's adventures in the land of the dead

>2018
>Bleach
just let it go

So are they eventually gonna adapt the final arc?

She is a womanlet, what more do you want? That they try to do Rukia's stupid ass hairdo in 3D?

Even if they make sequels, they sure as hell are skipping the Mexico arc.

If this turns out good and even gets popular in the west, they might start making Ichiruki canon.

Ichigo looked japanese early on in the manga.

It's probably dead Jim.
If they ever wanted to promote the movie which will be released in summer, they would have announced an anime during the jump festa, back in december.

You mean the anime?

Serviceable but unremarkable. It has the amateur-ish feeling so many of Japanese film adaptions have.

I'm guessing there's only so much they can do with the money they have and the kinds of talent available on top of who knows how many hoops to jump through to satisfy executives and their ilk.

Maybe if the film was made back when in the 2000's some time when Bleach was more relevant but then again there would be more issues with CGI.

It doesn't work that way. The movie is made to get a new audience for Bleach, that didn't watch the anime. If the anime will continue then the movie will serve as a promotion for it. Not the other way round.

Trips of absolute truth.

>Friendship
As expected from based Gentaro

The characters in the manga literally look white so I didn't expect much, but at least they could have tried to make him look like Ichigo.

>character doesn't look like X
>posting a panel from period when everyone had the same face
Do you expect some "Murphy casting" with almost every major character being played by the same guy?

The guy dyed his hair for the role something he usually wouldn’t do.

NUMBER ONE IS NOW MANUALLY PLAYING IN YOUR HEAD

Doesn't look too bad actuall
>the film will cram all the Substitute shinigami arc
Never mind

Sure they could, Ichigo initially didn't want anything to do with the Shinigami, he didn't want to save people.
Have that be his initial stance, then reveal that his mother was killed by a hollow giving him a reason to hate him, then he starts hunting them but this is putting people in danger (like his friends), he has to change one more time, realizing he has to fight to protect people from hollows.
Then have him confront grand fisher for the final fight where he has to decide to either take revenge or save someone letting him get away.
He let's him get away for later, Rukia gets taken for sequel bait. The end.

Like there's much to cram?

>become shinigami
>fight a couple of Hollows
>meet Ishida
>get stomped by Byakuya

>15 years so student looking like ner 30 years old guy
>Rukia has a long hair and pontytail
Way to go pals.

Ichigo never looked 15.

I don't think same faces has to do with anything.
His hair doesn't look like Ichigo's Rukia doesn't look like Rukia.
You won't even know it's Bleach untill somebody would told ya.

Of course he isn't, this is animay/manga we are talking about, but he looked young, and you would expect at least in live action he would looked younger.

Will they get a girl with huge tits for Orihime?

tubedubber.com/?q=ixNNLvyCn5Y:1lsn2tT5yTc:0:100:0:0:1#
HERE YOU GO FAGGOT

The trailer is showing this scene at the end though

In a LA it has to be convincing that Ichigo is 15, we have a guy who is literally a decade older playing the role of a 15 year old schoolboy.

Also Hana doesn't look all that petit, how could they not find a petit actress in Japan of all places?

>Still being a delusional Ichirukicuck in 2018

You guys are the gift that keeps on giving.

Nips are good at making trailers, it will be shit to mediocre at best.