Why did the KoiAme manga got Kubo'd?

why did the KoiAme manga got Kubo'd?
how will they wrap everything up in 2 chapters?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-02-18/jun-mayuzuki-after-the-rain-manga-ends-in-2-chapters/.127955

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni thread

>Kubo'd?
Neither got cancelled. This series won awards, got an anime along live-action, and sold fine. It's ending because the mangaka wants to wrap it up.

I would expect a final arc/wrap up to be at least 5-10 chapters, not 2.

even the nip fanbase is confused at the sudden announcement.

The ending was all going to be "do they or don't they", it's not getting axe'd, this show went at a blistering pace with the romantic development, and stopped and stagnated.
These can easily be wrapped up in two, with maybe an epilogue. It's not being axe'd.

The next Kuzu no Honkai

Don't you dare to compare that trash with KoiAme faggot.

we better get the Usagi Drop ending, I don't think I can handle a friendzone'd/moving on ending.

Why do faggots like you think something ending always equals to it getting axed? Are you retarded?

Too used to western TV shows, where that's the case 99% of the time.

Because anime industry is fucking trash. They can only milk something to death and then axe when it becomes utterly unbearable. Nothing in between.

ending in 2 chapters seems kinda rushed though, just saying.

>Anime flops
>Source material ded afterwards
haha

These lines are when it gets obvious people here haven't really kept up with the manga.

Ever since at least 6-7 chapters ago. Actually even 10 chapters, it was obvious the story was nearing its end. Go read the raws if you have to. Only you anime watchers or those that read the translations are surprised.

The translations are fucking 30 chapters behind you imbeciles.

animefag only here,
what happens in the latest chapters?

>what happens in the latest chapters?
Latest one was sad. It seems to be heading towards the separate ways ending.

fuck.

20 chapters about her thinking about running and him wanting to write again. Little by little it was obvious that if they wanted the thing they have been stewing on for so long, they'll have a hard time being together.

Sup Forums just loves to throw "axed" whenever wherever even though with just a quick search that isn't even the case.

>mfw we get a timeskip end
>mfw its revealed they went their separate ways in order to pursues their respective passions
>mfw timeskip!akira is seen buying managers first published work
>mfw she stops at the acknowledgement page
>mfw its revealed manager mentioned her
>mfw its a thanks to the teenage girl that inspired him and him hoping she found her place under the sunny sky she loves so much

Why do you keep posting this over and over?

Yes, why post this when he could be posting shitpost thread #87635396 about FrankXX, DB Super, VEG or .
How fucking dare he.

wtf are you talking about?
this is the 2nd thread about the news,
the other thread reached 400+ replies and lasted 2 days.

Therfore we need an identical shitpost?

Will WIT finally go bankrupt now?

too bad it is already on life support by Netflix deal until 2020 or so

art is so beautiful but i can't watch it because it's romance

So a question for the manga experts, will the anime
a) Get a full anime original ending.
b) Have an inconclusive ending with the only way to know what the hell happened after is to read the manga.
c) Actually get a second season.

First, it wasn't axed. Second, I found out an amazing Japanese blog completely dedicated to Koi Ame, with many informations, plus amazing almost complete translations of all the chapters. I was able to understand everything pretty well also with Google translator.
Everything I will say it's spoiler.
The author of the blog was extremely sad for the sudden ending, also because he thought some subplots could be explored more, like:
- Haruka and Yamamoto senpai
- the story between Kondo and his ex-wife
- the divorce of Akira parents
- Kase and his step sister relation
While he is right, I believe even though they won't get any further development, it's not that important.
About Akira and Kondo, reading all his summaries of the raw chapters, very complete and detailed, I understood many things that show how this ending is absolutely coherent with everything happened so far.
Indeed, I don't remember the exact number of the chapter, but it's around 50something, there's a scene where Yui and Akira are knitting their scarfs. Yui explains she will confess at Christmas, and while she and Akira are speaking, she asked Akira if she will let the Garden. Akira denied, saying they will continue to work there together, but the author of the blog said by her face Akira clearly LIED. So, inside her, she was already feeling the weight to spend all her time at the Garden, rather than come back to running, but probably she was still in denial. Anyway, it's also apparent, later, she could have decided or at least considered to start rehab. The more she felt alone, since Kondo started to write again, the more her attraction for running continued to grow. Kondo is only giving Akira the final push. It would be selfish to keep her close to him, when she wants clearly come back to run, plus he IS like that, a man who put literature above any other thing he loves. He loves Akira. Like he loved his wife. But literature is his main love, exactly like running is Akira main love.

>the divorce of Akira parents

wtf? when did this happen?
didn't his dad showed up from time to time?

According to the guy of the blog whose I spoke here Apparently, when the anime and the live action has been planned, it was clear the manga would be ended around this period. The anime and the manga will end together, but they could have completely different endings, even if similar in contents. I am not sure, but the guy looked to suggest the director don't know the content of the last chapters, even though I could have misunderstood.

He showed himself only one time. It's clear Akira parents are divorced, also from that chapterIndeed, Akira has her mother surname.

Kuzu no Honkai 2.0

The second quote is a mistake, sorry.

If you didn't read anything besides chapter 50, you can't say the ending is rushed.

When did this kind of "anime adaptation right as the manga is ending" thing became a thing?

First time I noticed it was FMA 2010.

About the situations that could be explored more, we can say it's not really necessary because:
- about Haruka and Yamamoto senpai, has been suggested they like each other, but I don't think this deserves a real subplot. It's just a way to show she is STRAIGHT since some people could think she was lesbian for Akira. No, only friend.
- About Kondo and his ex-wife, we already know thanks to chapter 39 he ruined everything because of his obsession for writing, and everything between them is over.
- About Akira parents, it could be interesting to know more things, but it's not essential.
-About Kase, it's already clear his love will remain unrequited, he will never find the courage to confess, unlike what Yui and Akira did, and this is why he is such a cynical bastard until the end.
- Yui is quitting her job and moving on about her unrequited love.
Some people could see these situations like "not complete", just because the romance didn't bloom. But they must deal with it. This manga is rather mature and realistic.

It happened also with Assassination Classroom, and many other quality titles that the authors didn't want to milk only because they were popular.

About the Japanese blog whose I spoke here I advise you to read it. Incredibly, Google translations are rather good (at least in my language).
You can read all the chapters summaries (more than summaries, they are almost complete translations) and tons of curiosities about the series and the author. Apparently, she likes HunterxHunter, and she doesn't have a tv, exactly like Kondo. I also discovered which is the hair tonic used by Kondo, which makes Yui think he smells bad.
The blog is this www.koiame.com
Enjoy!

It's simple.

They're not ending up together. They already wrapped it up.

nice.

They are desperate as much as we are for this sudden ending, but they are so mature, and able to write interesting and mature opinions, unlike some Western fans who are crying like babies and writting embarrassing comments on the Twitter account of the author, like : "Please give us a happy ending! Why did you make them fall for each other, if you don't want them being together?"
They are focused completely on the romance, disregarding Kondo and Akira main passions in life, that is the true point of the whole manga, together with the age gap condition. I would lie if I said I wouldn't like to see them hugging each other, and sharing a passionate kiss, because I really love this couple, but I won't consider the manga "pointless" just because it is hurting my feelings, and probably I won't get a happy end about romance. It's still possible, but...no so much. The manga remains a small masterpiece, for how it was able to tell such a topic tastefully, delicately, and with deep introspective looks at life in general. Romantic love seen as a way for healing rather than the main goal in life.

I can't believe that we're probably not going to see Midori again...

last ep was fucking gorgeous, WIT can have my first and secondborn

Yeah, such a pity. She is a great, hard-working mother. Kondo must have made her suffer very much. When he said Akira he can't offer her anything more than what he did, he was speaking for her sake, but I feel he was someway honest about himself perception. After all, what did he offer to Midori and Yuto? It's like he can't repeat the same mistake, and this time wasting the youth life and talent of a high school student. If he is a responsible adult, he can't do that, seriously. I am still okay with a final chapter, where after a time skip of some years, they can meet each other again, and if their feelings are still the same, something could bloom. But now, it would be a waste for both of them, especially for Akira. I really don't understand some girls who are crying hysterically without understanding these important implications, because they thought seriously they would have kissed or something. Sure, it's still possible but not probable.

I want Masami to cum inside me.

>how will they wrap everything up in 2 chapters?

With a rejection and a timeskip.

The "rejection" already happened this chapter. I like the interpretation of one Japanese guy who commented in that blog. In his opinion in her letter Akira has written she quits her job at Garden (this is probably why she is giving him her birthday present 4 days before the actual day). Anyway, while she spent her time in his room, her indecision increased, and she felt again attracted to that "bubble of comfort". So, it was necessary for Kondo to burst this bubble definitely, and let her true feelings being expressed. It's possible together with the letter she gave him the postcard she had bought during one of their "dates", since the content fits their situation.

I hope he cums inside Akira before they go separate ways.

I think Akira will learn Kondo loved her back reading the novel he is writing currently. It's possible he planned to end to write it for her birthday, on 21 June.
I wonder what exactly it will happen the next chapter. Probably, after some conversations, she will back home, and later, he will read her letter in his room. The last chapter could show us a glimpse about all the characters (for example with Yui attending a professional school for hairdresser, etc.) and Akira winning the tournament. At that point, she could read Kondo novel, and find out the true reasons why he had "rejected" her: because he loved her.
What could happen deeply different from this, guys? Any idea? Two chapters is less than 40 pages. Let's hope the last chapter will be longer, but I doubt it.

>we better get the Usagi Drop ending

Kondou fucks Akira and they marry after she graduates

I want lewds of tan girl

People should stop compare Usagi shit to this. Kondo never raised Akira like she was his daughter since she was a child.
This isn't a Daddy Long Legs like scenario.

I kind of want a sweet vanilla yuri doujin between Akira and Haruka.

Yuri is boring, one of them needs to atleast be futa

Fuck no.

I don't, but this reminds me we'll never get a Happy Valentine's day chapter. Such a pity, even tho it was probably too cliche' for such a manga.

This manga is brilliant about differentiating between passion and love, two concepts heavily missunderstood in romance.

Agree. Plus, people should stop speaking about "axed". With this kind of manga, very acclaimed critically, usually we don't get tons of volumes. The authors don't want to drag the plot only for commercial reasons. See also Koe no Katachi, and other quality works.

>translations are 30 chapters behind

And the next one will be also more beautiful. we should see also Chihiro, I believe

This.

Leading to a cathartic end where they can't be apart from each other but won't let their dreams get in the way.

Expect time skip that implies they fuck.

I will literally die if Akira and Masami don't at least get an implied sex panel.

I am not sure it's possible. In my honest opinion (I could be wrong), in the latest chapters it was heavily implied that if they had some kind of intimate contact, they would be get carried away with passion, and this would mean a no turning back point for Tachibana, while it's absolutely necessary she comes back to run, for not having any regrets like Masami had.
This is why Kondo doesn't want for them coming back to his room.

they would get carried away*

My grammar sucks.

Plus, he should confess that he loves her, and I don't think this is currently his intention.

>they would be get carried away with passion, and this would mean a no turning back point for Tachibana
While this is one of the more realistic outcomes as to what could happen if they do make love, there is another. Usually sex can "sober up" passionate minds to the reality around and within them, making people realize whether what they just did was right or wrong, and whether or not the passion from before will stick around. It cuts all tension and lets them both think with a clear head so that they can be both rational and honest with themselves.
It really is a 50/50 though... It could swing either way with her being stuck with Masami or returning to her love of running.

I'm sure once Akira "blows her load" she'll realize just what Masami meant when he told her that he can't give her anything else.

>Usually sex can "sober up" passionate minds
Not in Akira's case, she is just a teenager, and at that age you just want to keep fucking. I am more sided with the idea that she can meet Kondo again years later and then they can have sex. Not because muh underage shit, but because at her age sex can be really distracting and even a drug.

>she is just a teenager, and at that age you just want to keep fucking
You're right.
Don't know why I completely overlooked her age.

You see this is why she needs a boyfriend close to her age while she's young (NOT Yoshizawa), so she can go at it like a rabbit, get over that phase, and then be ready for a mature relationship in the future.
She really is just a kid...

Akira was able to feel always more strongly the wish to run, thanks to the fact that Kondo progressively became always more distant from her, especially in the latest 20 chapters. If on the contrary, he had got always closer to her, in her mind now Kondo would be her only presence. But the regrets would arrive later, when it could be too late to start to run again. Akira would find herself in the same situation as Kondo with his failed marriage.

It amaze me how many shojo manga and just romance stories are just stuck in the "we are the only thing that matters", "if we have each other who cares about everything else", that way of thinking is really harmful, like many plots where an MC needs to chose between the love interest and their passion/job, that's now how it works in real life, even when real life is heavily influenced by the concept that you can only devote to one thing and is wrong to have a passion that is not your love interest.

Life needs to be balanced, between love and personal dreams related to job, but honestly, I believe that for a healthy love relationship and marriage, in the first place you need to realize your personal dreams, especially if you have some peculiar talent. This because love passion can be temporary, and if you sacrifice your big dream only for live, that wasted dream will hunt you eternally, and when the infatuation for your partner will start to become weaker, like it's normal, you will start to blame on him/her your personal dissatisfaction. I think this is one of the main reasons for failed marriages, the dear old "you ruined my life, if it wasn't for you, now I could be..."
For this reason, it's absolutely necessary that Akira comes back to run. Her dream can he realized only now while she is young, being related to her physical strength and health.

if you sacrifice your big dream only for love*

>Expect time skip that implies they fuck.
>they fuck.
only reason to watch this

Akira needs to get herself a motorcycle between her legs, that way she can hear the wind in her ears, move fast, AND be pleasured from the engine vibration all at the same time.

I am especially disappointed by some female fans, who are really obsessed only about that, disregarding all the rest. They are already speaking about a "bad ending", and asking idiotic things like "why he didn't kiss her if he loves her"?
For heaven's sake, what's wrong with their hormones? They are to used to typical shoujo garbage.

They're horndogs just like the male anons here, what do you expect?

This user is right. I selfinsert as Akira, I want to be defiled by an old man.

Well, at least male anons here are often joking, just for the sake of shitposting, but it seems many of them understand the actual circumstances of the story. Those fangirls are not able to see them, and they are really desperate for getting some sexual intercourse, or the story is shit for them, and it doesn't make any sense. Seriously. They hate Kondo for "rejecting" Akira.

I wouldn't mind Masami using my body to fulfill his carnal desires... I'm sure he's been saving up a lot for quite some time now since the divorce.

Well the world does revolve around sex... After all it is our primary reason for existing in the first place.
So when one character blue balls another, it's bound to stir up some hate and self insert sexual frustration.

You should really try to read the comments on Lhscans and Reddit, only like that you will understand how BAD the reaction of some fangirls has been to these chapters. Some of them were really sure Kondo and Akira would have made love, and now they are hysterical. It's insane.

I look forward to the inevitable open ending which anime/manga loves these days.

But it's absolutely absurd to say that the story doesn't make any sense because Kondo is "rejecting" her, rather than bring her to his room to kiss and cuddle her, please.

Yeah, but he's man and she's a young woman, alone together in a room, hugging after she began to cry.
Realistically speaking, they would have had sex. There's no two ways about it.

I can understand why people are upset because the whole affair and sudden rejection was a little jarring.

Hot off the presses for those blue balled female fans.

They are not mad about that old scene, but for the latest developments. They thought Kondo and Akira would have had some intimate moments in his room, but he doesn't want to come back there with her. They think he is cruel.

It seems to be another rushed shit ending whose overall messages are:
1. Age difference won't work and is gross/pedo/etc. And of course when exploring this the older one is the male.
2. Putting your hobby/interest before a lasting loving beneficial relationship and ending up alone is fine and the correct choice. The old geezer had his chance already so it is fine. There is no learning from mistakes and getting better at that point. It is fine and well to encourage Akira to take a similar path since she's young and she'll be 'fine'.
3. Akira should grow up out of her "I like an older man" phase since it gotta be just that and she should move on for the sake of it, no matter that future relationships might not turn out to be very successful.
4. Pursuing one's passion and staying with the person you love are mutually exclusive. You cannot have your cake and eat it too; there are no such happy endings. There is absolutely no solution where both are satisfied, or at least there shouldn't be one. Faithfulness and short-term long distance relationships are a no-go.
5. Anything that doesn't conform to these views is immature, embarrassing and offensively selfish. Romantic love should not be a main goal, life is bittersweet; family as the nucleus of society is obsolete.
Only women and nu-males could be fine with this after earlier developments and the themes it had going for it.
I guess it can be impossible for some people to accept these characters developing and staying in a healthy relationship while overcoming such hardships and instead the "solution" of them giving up is one they can take in more easily and that resonates with them. Maybe 'becoming better' is not that realistic and "deep" to that same people.
Good thing Abe is shutting this down, shouldn't have been greenlit ever, shameless bait and switch.
Shit endings is an epidemic in Japan though, so it has become a matter of 'how will it happen' instead of 'if'.

Full ED release when?

Woah, is this pasta or are self-insert fags this autistic? See There are things more important than transient passion. She won't be able to run forever. Reality is not nice and this work allows for such take without being overly negative either. Not everything should have a happy ending and if you feel deceived by its initial premise then maybe you should move on from it as well, there are plenty generic shows airing every season.

>Age difference
>double standards
If genders were reversed do you think people would cheer more for female!Kondo to get together with male!Akira or that it would take a different turn regarding its ending?
A woman with child seems less desirable than her male counterpart, but it might be also more common.

>so she can go at it like a rabbit, get over that phase, and then be ready for a mature relationship in the future.
>Having premarital sex just for the sake your lust in an uncommitted manner and as a "trial run" for the "serious stuff" later
I was gonna agree with the general line of thought of this reply chain but this here is what is wrong with people.

Such people never get "serious" later on, user, and studies and stats tell us that having this kind of uncommitted affairs is heavily correlated to failed marriages and stunted individuals later on, and for good measure if you stop to think about it.

Having too much can be worse than not having any, and I think a wholesome kind of relationship would be more inline with the theme and with what today's society needs for its bettering.

I for one, in light of no other resolution and as cliche as it is, would go for a timeskip where they get together after she sorts and faces her goals, then they can go at it like rabbits (or how much as Kondo's hips allow for.)

Is the full OP out yet even?

I agree but sometimes this happens because the authors go through bad moments and they end lashing on their characters sometimes subconsciously or consciously like with Tsure Tsure children.

You have a sad way to see life, user. Do you lack any ability to pursue? Do you know what is to have a passion and what it means to lost sense of time while getting invested in it? Is like you don't know anything about human nature and think humans are just animal who seek to fulfill the evolutive trait of keeping the pack

Oh my, the age gap, meant like "what the others would think", at this stage isn't even a serious problem for Kondo anymore. Simply, he knows Akira can't waste her dream like that. And yeah, since she is an athlete, she can realize her dream only until she is young. He thinks to be an obstacle for her dream, because until he is close to her, she is tempted to replace that dream with romantic love. He had made a similar mistake when he was young, giving up on his travel in India with Chihiro to marry Midori, and we know how it went.

>one of them needs to atleast be futa
A man of culture, I see

I am pretty annoyed by those people who are saying Kondo is "cruel", when his gesture is a clear act of love, the most selfless gift he could give to Akira.

Indeed, this is one of the few times where time skip could be the best solution. This way, she can realize her dream, and if she is still really in love with Masami, she will be mature enough to start a relationship with him. But I see some people are against this idea. I know it, it's really cliche', but it does make sense at least. So, what do you anons prefer? Time skip with relationship, or no relationship at all, if it can happen only in a time skip context?

Funny, user, because I think that people that oppose them having any kind of happy end together and think that you cannot pursue your interests (be it running or writing) at the same time as having a wholesome romantic relationship, and that people should give up before taking such hardships head on, are the ones that are sad instead, since they need some tragedy and "realism" to get their hard-ons going, and shun others that believe otherwise and think in a more positive light that humans can be better than that. People like that are the ones that might see humans as nothing more than animals, and that think that lasting love is a farce or not worth struggling for, which is pretty sad as it reflects the state of today's society in many places around the world.

Regarding another point, as that user said, would people feel the same if genders were reversed? I have seen plenty of posting here against age gap and the "unrealistic" and "creepy" of it, and can't I help but think that such views have to do with that as well.

Not that user but Akira is too young to know what means a relationship, having one or many isn’t either the point, but how you live throught those relationships and learn what does it means to invest time in someone who you respect and admire as much as that person feel the same way for you. Ending a relationship in a mature way is also something she needs to learn and face. I want Akira to face the whereabouts of emotional contact with other people so she can understand what Kondo learned late on his life. That also means she somehow learned from her passion for running to commit to anything and anyone she feels a bond.