Why was the ending rushed and trash?

Why was the ending rushed and trash?

Author probably burned out

I liked it. They might have lost, but then we see them training to get better in the last chapter. Sometimes thats the way life works; you can try your hardest and still lose, but despite losing, you get back up anyways and continue to give it your all next time around as well.

I'm not even mad that they lost, I honestly expected them to lose against sannoh when they were down 20 points. I just don't like how they defeat the best team and then proceed to get fucked up off screen by some literally who team. Also what the hell was the point of fucking up Sakuragi's back

The author had a fight with the editors and rushed the ending.

>Btw my dad also told me that there's a mew behind a van in Red/Blue!

>I just don't like how they defeat the best team and then proceed to get fucked up off screen by some literally who team. Also what the hell was the point of fucking up Sakuragi's back
Maybe Inoue just isn't good at endings in general. He still hasn't finished Vagabbond, or REAL.

>Why was the ending rushed
Inoue probably realized he couldn't do any better than the last match and quit while he was ahead
>trash
It wasn't. You just didn't want it to end

The only thing bad about the ending was the fact that it ended. Essentially, what said.

The so-called ending wasn't rushed at all, heck the final match was one of the best ones in the series. If anything, it felt more like it ended when there were more things planned, stuff the were teased in the epilogue/side materials (the winter stuff, Sakuragi's new hair etc.)

anyone else feel kinda felt bad that haruko still wanted rukawa at the end?

No it probably ended the way it was meant to.

That's what gives the win credibility and weight though. They were so fucked up going balls to the walls to the point of getting injured that they had no way of winning against shittier teams afterwards, it happens even in real sports so there's nothing to argue about it.

Sannoh wasn't even taking Shohoku seriously until the second half, and if they did Sannoh would have won no problem. The miracle of the story is the classical underdog basically risking their life to play while the champion is treating it like educational training, that's one of the few reasonable ways an upset could occur.

Really? I thought they were trained to take every team seriously though.

So, this guy won the championship right?

Probably. They really hyped this dude up but then did nothing with him, I don't get it.

It fucking

so many loose ends

made me.feel stupid for reading this shit

Have jump editors always.been.the worst?

>so many loose ends
Like what exactly?

Romance

Yes.

>this shit is popular! jeep churning out any old shit!
>oh there's been a dip in sales? you got four weeks to wrap it up and get the fuck out of here.
>NEXT

literally everything. The last match was like 50 chapters and the next chapter RIGHT AFTER the match was the last one. All the shit built up and talked about can't possibly get a proper conclusion in one chapter.

Ending was great. Beats the Kuroko no Basket ending.

Alright I'll give you that, but at the same time, Haruko was fawning over Rukawa from the beginning and romance wasn't a huge part of this series. At the end of the series, despite "liking" him, it wasn't his basketball she loved the best. I like to think that she eventually got with Sakuragi.

Can't believe those shitters from Kainan made it to the finals.

Yeah that shit was wackk

Wait, what was wrong with Kuroko's ending? Do you hate things getting resolved?

Everything about Kuroko is shit though.

Go read the final arc to Eyeshield 21.

Then tell me again why you think Slam Dunk shouldn't have ended where it did.

kuroku wrapped up lose ends

Eyesheild was bad for a long time tho

Either last match was lame as fuck and was fighting against a magician team full of magic tricks, rather than a really strong champion team with personality. Game winning move was lame too and a copypasta of how the Touou match ended. Slam Dunk last match was far more climatic and meaningful. You didn't want Slam Dunk to end while you were begging Kuro no Basket to end.

>while you were begging Kuro no Basket to end
I totally disagree with this and have the suspicion this is a thought process based off of the fact you read Slam Dunk long after it ended and Kuro while it was ongoing

Kuro is one of the incredibly rare Jump series of that sort of success and length that didn't have a totally unsatisfying ending that made me wish I stopped reading it earlier

The magician team bullshit makes no sense because you can't complain about a manga following through with its own premise, at that point you shouldn't have still been following it if that bothered you

Yes, but what intentions they have and what results they get are totally different. Think about it, pro sports teams also train to take every team seriously, yet upsets still happen. You can count the number of times a coach has flat out said "Yeah okay guys, just chill and take it easy this match we got this".