Pre-2000 anime

Watcha watchin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajTAnMqhZB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I started rewatching a bit of Ranma. Hadn't seen it since high school. Honestly it's a lot better than I expected.

>rec threads
How does Sup Forums do it?

she's so cute, but she loves another

The Ranma anime kind of falls apart in later seasons when it switches mostly to filler. Some of the initial original episodes are actually rather fun but they soon become repetitive and at the same time start sidelining female Ranma.

Don't bump the newshits. Ideally don't respond, or at least use a fucking sage.

She looks better in glasses and slob clothes.

Saging doesn't do shit because OP can bump his own thread and because any reply incites people to respond.

Goldenboy

Dokonjo Gaeru has great art and style but the stories seem average. Fun but not as fun as Mizuki or Akatsuka anime from the era.

Not anime.

Disgusting art the girl looks like shit probably overused the potato cgi would not watch/10.

i think she is beautiful. but she love's another

You cannot bump your own thread.

Trust me, I do it all the time.

>sage

It isnt 2006 anymore user

>this is a rec thread
Not all of us want to talk about seasonal shows and Dragon Ball asshat

See? just bumped my own thread again. Haha. I'm such a goof.

how can you watch anime with any signs of romance if nothing similar will never happen to you?

macross: do you remember love
i have so much to catch up on

Watched Megazone 23 recently. Part 1 was pretty decent, part 2 was great and part 3 was fucking horrible.

where the fuck do i go for pre 2000 anime?

new shit is neo nyaa, shit thats relatively old but not to old i go to horrible subs, and other things i go directly to sub group sites

but now that bakabt is private and old nyaa is dead and even fucking mangatraders is down, where the fuck has everyone moved on to?

animebytes had open registration a few weeks ago

about 90 episodes of Ranma are great, just a shame the others suck ass

Because I enjoy good things happening to others.

you have a good heart but when i tried to watch romantic anime, OP picture for example, i felt almost physical pain from an opening and it's lyrics. thanks for the reply, glad to know such vision exists

Ace wo Nerae and Ideon
The subs for Ace wo Nerae are pretty terrible.

Started watching NGE for the first time, its pretty good so far 4/24

when do they usually have registration? since im an add bitch i always forget to check shit daily

Rewatching 2040. This show is as 90s as 2032 is 80s.

I bet you can work on that.

Pretty sure 8 year olds weren't allowed to watch this

Had an "evangelion rip-off" double feature, watched Dual Parallel and Rahxephon recently. Both good series in their own but Dual is kinda forgettable first episode is great tho and Rahxephon didn't really click with me but had me curious like eva did

Want some 90s EDGE now, planning to watch Gasaraki and Betterman

Priss is best girl. Though I prefer 80s Priss character.

>Character design is totaly different from original
>This alone made me avoid 2040 like plague
>Same thing happend with Dirty Pair Flash

I now its dumb but I can't realy get over it

2040 Priss was always my favorite.

Dunbine and Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

I'm not watching anything, but maybe when I finish some of the things I'm working on

I use Kissanime, too much work to beg to get into the secret torrent groups. Youtube also works for some anime, and for Kodocha the only way is to Google it and use one of the more obscure streaming sites.

Yu Yu Hakusho.

Crunchyroll

Once you accept it as it's own thing 2040 is a pretty enjoyable ride overall. It got a bit screwy near the end but I really appreciate all the extra character development and growth.

Funny, I've just started with Record of Lodoss War again, love that shit.

Last one I watched was DNA^2. It's not very good but I enjoyed it for what it was

Is this the original Aim for the Ace? Where did you get it in such good quality?

I love Ruin Explorers.

>too much work to beg to get into the secret torrent groups.
When I registered for AB all I had to do was fill out a form saying I knew what torrenting was and I watch anime. It's not hard.

First manga I ever bought.

AB, IRC, and sometimes fansubber websites will have MEGA links. You've gotta scramble around more often than not and hope you land on something.

Watching Ranma 1/2 for the first time. Long overdue since I've been here a decade.

Hulu has a lot more pre-2000 shows if you're going to stream anyway

Hulu is US-only.

>Foreigners
>On MY Sup Forums

I'll be finishing up Gundam ZZ soon once I can download the final 7 episodes.
Started watching Space Battleship Yamato and Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman and I'm having a blast with both.
Ever since I decided to root for the villains Mazinger Z has become less of a chore. They're just significantly cooler than the heroes and I actually feel bad when Baron Ashura fucks up and gets tortured for it. They just try so hard. It also seems like the show improved a little after the Jet Scrander arc.

Yes?
What's the problem? American posters tend to be retarded anyways. Plus, if /spa/ is anything to go by, there are many, many non-Americans on this board.

What anime is this?

Been watching Mitsuru Hongo's Shin Chan movies. They're some fantastic shit, usually very cool background art with great action animation.

>American posters tend to be retarded anyways
Fake fucking news. Europeans, Canadians and Mexicans are the biggest retards.
>many non-Americans on this board
Which is why it's gone to shit the past 6 years.

My Blu Rays. I'm the user redoing the original subs for a BD release. I'm working on timing for episode 24 at the moment. After timing is done I'm looking at couple months worth of editing the rest of the series. TSing will get done during that time, too. That screencap is from my own sub file.

I tried watching Betterman and it was pretty shit. I get that it was supposed to be confusing and all over the place, but it really just felt a bit stupid.

Thank you based user.

>I'll be finishing up Gundam ZZ soon
I just started it after finishing Zeta yesterday, which I really enjoyed. ZZ feels extremely different but I was already prepared for that, so it's alright. I'll just sit back and enjoy the fun until it returns to a serious plotline again. It will return to a tone similar to Zeta at some point, right?

This shitty site is owned by a Japanese guy. Let that sink in.

It was created by an American. Let that sink in.

It does get a little serious later on but it doesn't quite match Zeta tonally. There are a few particularly dark scenes but it's still very much a more chummy adventure Gundam in comparison.

>created
Copying is not creation.

honestly, bless you. I can't wait for this release. It's been a long time since I watched Ace, so I'd love to rewatch it in good quality/subs.

They had them today actually

>download a release
>english dub is primary track
>yellow subs
I want to die!

Non-Americans bring in many valueable experiences. With Americans there's nothing but "muh Dragonball Z muh Robotech muh Cowboy Bebop", while other countries bring in many other anime such as Captain Tsubasa, Yatterman, Corrector Yui, Saint Seiya, Moomins and many more

>Dragonball Z and Robotech
Mexicans are the ones who post that shit though, Americans talk about literally everything, INCLUDING Saint Seiya and Moomins.

I feel like the french have a really good grasp on anime/manga.

doing gods work user-kun

Americans will not shut the fuck up about Cowboy Bebop, that's for sure.

Oh right I see. That's a bit of a shame because I really, really enjoyed Zeta. But, I think I'll just have to try to appreciate ZZ for its opposing strengths. Though, is it just me or was there a drop in animation/art quality? Does that ever pick up again?

another user here currently at ep 30, it varies but there are some good fights but nothing on the level of zeta so far. I hear that things pick up dramatically in the last 10 episodes or so.

People who like Robotech are probably really old though, so their opinions may hold great value. They probably have first hand experience with the anime and japanimation culture in the 80s and 90s and may know a lot obscure anime that have been forgotten long ago

Shin-chan and doraemon were very popular in spain and I never saw them on tv in my country

Change that to people who like Star Blazers*

That could include Marco, Heidi or Anne of the Green Gables too, which are intergenerational treasures for most families in Spain. Specially Heidi, which was a complete phenomenon.

>Watcha watchin?
I'm about to start Sailor Moon for the first time. I have vague memories of watching it once or twice when I was younger, but my parents were against toonami and I didn't get to see much.

I'm watching mainly because I love Ikuhara's work and I know he directed a good amount of the show. Also, for the /u/ couple

How about candy candy? That one and heidi are the only shows my mom knows

Never got to see it air on TV (it's fucking long too), but it is pretty well known.

Expect gorgeous artwork and goofiness on the level of the best of Utena.

Damn that's a shame. How was Zeta just so good in comparison?

BakaBT is great for older anime as long as you're willing to host what you download

just watched this recently also
pretty great stuff

From a technical perspective BGC is interesting because you can see the change from 80's to 90's art style as the series progresses. Although if I were to be honest I just love it for the soundtrack and cute girls kicking ass.
I am a man of simple taste
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTAnMqhZB8

I think it was b/c how grim and dark zeta was that Tomino made ZZ more lightheartedness to appeal more to children

>I am a man of simple taste
Ain't nothing wrong with that brother. BGC is a lovely little OVA series.

Finally watching Ruroni Kenshin after having it on my backlog for close to a decade. So far its better than I though it was going to be.

Well, it was pretty good.

Kareshi kanojo no jijou (His and her circumstances).

Looking forward to it user. I may also be jumping the gun a bit, but are the various movies worth watching?

Overrated.

>that episode when they fucked and Arima threw up afterwards
Normal relationship.

Never said it wasn't. I just enjoy it, and feel that it was good.

As someone who grew up watching those, I never did get into the old school anime scene.
I barely knew what real Japanimation was until I got into college.
I did have some friends who were into it in high school and went to this convention. They asked me and I said no. I didn't give much thought to those cartoons from Japan yet.
Knowing what I know about anime now, I'd want a time machine solely to attend this.
And to buy a ton of Apple stock when it was in the dumpster in the late 90s.

Sailor Moon R Movie is my favourite part of the franchise. And if you get so far into the show that you're up to when the movies started being released (like 70+ eps in), it only makes sense to watch them anyway.

I'm a filthy secondary who watched this after Crybaby, but I found it more entertaining in a goofy way.