Dark Souls

What if Dark Souls got an Anime?

Don't tell me it's not possible, Dark Souls is a Japanese directed game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QjsPmOHybdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IT would be shit

Remaster on the 25th mudafuckas

I want to watch Priscilla milk a black cock with her feet

Berserk already have like 3 different anime.

Didn't Miyazaki copy alot of things from Berserk to create Dark Souls?

It would depend on the budget, director, writer and music. If they could shell out the money for movie-tier animation and get the same composers that do the work for the games, a long with a non-moeshit director and a non-moeshit writer, and refused to compromise to the modern industry's moeshit tendency, then it would be like God himself descended and gave us awesome in the purest form. But if any of these didn't happen, then it would be shit.

My god, I didn't know this until you posted it. May 25th, fuck yeah.
Dark Souls and Berserk are their own entities. Sure, Miyazaki borrowed a lot of inspiration from Berserk, but it's a completely different story.

>New video from Gigguk!
>Dark Souls: The Dark Souls of Anime?

What would be the best studio for a Dark Souls Anime series?

ufotable looks too crisp and clear for Dark Souls. Madhouse with a Redline animation?

>The game is about exploration, clever level design and interesting bosses.
>turn into an anime
>all that's left is muh lore and muh atmosphere
That's why games like XCOM or Total War will never work as an anime. All the good things about them is gameplay.

Dark Souls has western comic adaptations, tho.
>No DLC weapons

I don't think it would work. This grim hopeless aura of dark souls world. If character was talking too much it would be weird. NPC in DS games more laught then speak. Sounds cool but when I think about it I don't really see it.

Bones, maybe

You don't have to have a character talk to have an amazing anime. Please see Angels Egg for more details.

More Priscilla when

Maybe don't but still big part of DS is gameplay. Dying over and over. Story is told in you can say unique way. You need to look on map on item descriptions.

A Total War anime is completely stupid though, they just take some settings and build a game around it.
A Warhammer Fantasy anime would be rad as fuck though.

Fuck yeah!

I just want a real alien invasion anime, no mecha bullshit something like Kado but with a hostile species

Soon brother, soon

made in the abyss is DS as dark as it can get, with cutesly art style cant it helped in that regard

marisa yare yare daze.gif

Kyoani.

Imagine the Chosen Undead and Sunbro drinking tea beside a bonfire.
Would be ultra comfy.

>estus is actually tea

It wouldn't work. It's a very game-y game. You'd have invent a lot of shit to turn it into an anime and then it'll end up as something completely different.

That would be ultra comfy. Even more if they menage to show bond of two warriors with gestures alone without speaking. Sound of cracking fire some good music.

>HELLO
>HELLO
>HELLO
>HELLO
>HELLO

That would probably happen

Goblin slayer with more than goblins?

You got me user I really laughet when I imagined that.

>Dark Souls as a Shoujo Anime
FOR SHAME!

maybe

I really dont see moe being able to bleed itself into something like dark souls, or any of FROM games, it could happen as a meta commentary though, like finding a cute little girl at the start of the movie/serie and getting killed soon after

>Dark souls gets a comedic special episode
Would be gold.

You now remember the Dark Souls 2 comic strips

That could also happen

what is the dark souls of anime?

Joke on you, I'm currently in the middle of my playthrough so I won't be tempted to spend 40 bucks on a shittier DSFix.

It's funny, ebcause Dark Souls tried very hard to give a lore reason to common in-game mechanisms like checkpoints and ressurections.

If going by Armored Core, FROM loves doing that

And that's how lore and story should be built in vidya.

>mfw HD Fluffy Tail

Complete reproduction of the main part is impossible.
But it is possible in short nichijou moe anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=QjsPmOHybdM

Monster Hunter would rather get anime first

I was not expecting that. I almost spit out my coffee. Keep being you, Japan.

Far too Kawaii for me.

Dark Souls has more in common with LOTR than it does Berserk. Yes there are references but that hardly makes it a rip off.

>tfw still haven't played because poorfag with shitty computer

If they could dub it with voice actors that sound like the characters in game it would be amazing. Something about the Dark souls voice acting is really comfy.

Netflix unironically

Netflix isn't a studio.

I just realized that a Dark Souls anime might only work as a SoL. Try telling a story in that setting and it'll fail. A serious SoL might work, though.
DSoL.

Ha ha ha hah.

A SoL set in a souls series, around the central hub, like Firelink shrine. See the life of people coming in and out. Keep the dark atmosphere of the game series, but only see the simple relief of the base. Wondering souls come through, hear their story, they move on. Keep a central group of characters that stay there.

>Keep a central group of characters that stay there.
A loser, a psychopath and a mute.

I'd watch that. Add some hints about character's darker fates from time to time, never wear it on the nose. Try to catch an atmosphere similar to Girl's Last Tour (accepted desperation).

Exactly what I was thinking. Could be used to tell some great one off stories, as well as having a solid central cast.

No, sound boring.

Just pick any cycle in-between the games where another poor sod needs to link the fire, scrape the paint off From Software's headquarters for some additional lore, give the MC a helmet and here you go.

just a roll

I'd expect IG to do it if it ever happened.

Damn, I really want that now.

This. If the characters didn't move their mouths when talking and spoke in English, it would be kino. Also bonus for very little music.

Roll for fun

but Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou already exists user

How poor can you be if you can waste time sitposting here? Literal favelamonkeys play the game

>Angels Egg for more details
this nig knows whats up
>paying for digital files
>comes to 4chodes
he he

We need one of this when the remastered is out.

Goblinslayer

Rollarino

>3 hours later this thread is still up
Sup Forums has changed...
not complaining, Sup Forums needed to take that stick out of its ass for a while

I'm more of a Gwynevere guy myself but dragons are cool

Nice Trips OP

rollin

Nigga, Halo got an anime. Being non-jap doesn't matter as long as it's big/good.

It's not possible, Dark Souls is a Japanese directed game after all.

fpbp

Dark Souls by MadHouse
What director?
What composer?

Also, the plot dont need to be about the chosen undead and rekindling the fire
Could be about the fall of the era of men
Or a moe Slice of Life prysma illya style of Gwendolin

Gvindolin's adult doujin…

roll

I don't mind us talking about video games once in a while, that game design MiA thread we had not too long ago was really nice.
But did you even read this one? It's full of obvious Sup Forumstards.

A Dark Souls anime that is essentially a re-telling of the game would probably suck shit, I don't think the storytelling would transfer over very well. All Dark Souls games more or less revolve around the story of an amnesiac doing as fate prescribes, dying and coming back to life repeatedly until some guy who [ blocks your path ] is slain.
Now, what could work is Artorias' chronicle of fame and acute suffering and failure, or following some of the pre-established characters. Gwyn, Manus, Alva & Zullie, DS2 DLC, ol' Gael and Painter-chan, Daily Life in Londor, I Can't Believe My Little Sister is a Half Dragon, My Dad Disowned Me and I Moved In With Dragons, and so on, there are many stories to adapt in that vein.
Dark Souls Gaiden, if you will.

kk

really? Are you even a fromsoft fan? you don't think characters like Gwynevere, the Emerald Herald, Dusk, Shalquoir, Milfanito, Yorshka, Fire Keeper, Irina, the Painter were designed with absolutely no "moe" intentions in mind?

I understand people perceive Dark Souls as soley "hurr durr you die alot", but there is a strong affection to the cute characters in the community, and if the anime were to constantly focus on the "YOU DIED"/omg so dark and hard element without these type of characters to break it up with a tad of "moe", the whole thing would get monotonous really fucking fast.

Besides, look at Made in Abyss. If anything, the moeblob design only added to the gritty reality of the premise by subjecting characters to things that these type of characters normally are never subjected to.

Which is why you don't make a Dark Souls anime as a REPLACEMENT for the game,s but as an ADDITION.

Here's what you do.

Give me 12 episodes. The first 6 are set during the start of the Age of Fire with Gwyn as our viewpoint character, discovering the Lord Soul and getting super special awesome powers and becoming a badass protagonist. He forms alliances with other Lord Soul wielders, gets a group of close knit friends and allies, and wages epic war with the dragons and wins.

The first arc ends with the creation of Lordran, with Gwyn expecting his first child and his brave knights as heroes of the realm. All is well in this new golden age, and the upbeat opening credit music plays as Gwyn walks through the streets of his fair city to his throne.

And then, in the after credits scene, in a gloomy setting a giant bird drops a zombie motherfucker into some old ass ruins, with the last shot making it clear that these ruins are the same city we saw moments before in its glory.

Episodes 7 onward bounce back and forth in time, and have a much darker and less triumphant tone than the first 6, even changing the OP to something that starts the same as the old one but quickly degrades.

In the past segments, we see the failings and mistakes of the cast of characters we grew to love in the first arc slowly drive them apart and sow the seeds of what is to come. The Age of Fire is slowly dying. Witch Queen and her waifus try to stop it and fail hard. Atorius goes into the abyss and the day is saved but he never returns. Gwyn approaches Nito for the first time since the war ended to try a new plan...

Interspersed with this is following the chosen undead in the present. His pace through Lordran is kept in time with the story unfolding in the past, so we get the payoff for a given character's arc in the past in the same episode as we see their fate in the future, played for irony and tragedy alike. We get to see the world as it has become and understand what it means to be undead. Until one by one all of the old favorite characters are gone.

By the time you get to the final episode, and our two protagonists face each other for the first and last time, if done well you shouldn't know who you want to win.

That's how I would do a Dark Souls anime.

I think the fallout series would make an excellent Anime

just rolling

lets see

>Are you even a fromsoft fan?

have you play any of their others game aside from DS and related

>were designed with absolutely no "moe" intentions in mind?

I wouldnt say moe, but more on the lines of comforting the player, after all, they tend to be the only characters that support you no matter what, unless you attack them for no reason.

>made in abyss

MiA use the contrast withing moe and the horror to give more impact, but dark souls doesnt need or use that.

A modern TV anime adaptation of Dark Souls would be one of the most mishandled pieces of shit imaginable, don't make me think about that

Fuck off with your Bethesda shit. Fallout would make a shit Anime, and an even worse Live-Action series.

God, a live-action show is bound to happen anyway with how many damned shows Netflix is pumping out.

this honestly, a direct adaptation of the game would be terrible, they would need to and tons of conversation and maybe even new character to make it work, better to expand of the already established lore, or just show how the events happen instead of just being a text.

Although it is not put out on the front, there is a harem for a part of the elements that make up dark souls.
They hide to some extent in order not to disturb the image of the whole work.

> playing through DLC for Dark souls 1

I'MA GIVE YOU TILL THE COUNT OF TEN TO GIVE BACK MUH PRINCESS

DONT MAKE COME DONE THAT DARK ASS HOLE, MANUS

I'LL FUCK YOU UP

> In the present, Chosen undead meets and recruits a number of NPC allies in his journey. Soliare, obviously, but others as well like Rhea and the Pyrobro
> as the journey weighs on, one by one he loses them all to the monsters and traps and the cursed hollowing
> by the time he faces Gwyn, they are two men who have lost everything. Each one a personification of all of the evils of the world to the other.

Maybe something Carnival Phantasm-like. Best boy Solaire praising the sun all day and shit.

/thread

Firekeeper is best girl obviously.