Gary stew or nah?

Gary stew or nah?

Kirito in the kitchen

Like many shonen protags, he has elements of it, but overall I'd say no. He really does work harder than just about anyone else, going days with little to no sleep just to master one tiny little thing.

Guts in the kitchen

>cool and confident main character is bad because tvtropes said so!

I have never seen an Author suck his MC's dick that much, so yeah.

>Gary stew
>stew

I laughed

>Gary Stew
Fuck sake OP.

Souma is one of those characters who's written in such a way as to maximize his effectiveness while still being able to deny that he's a mary sue. He loses, for example, and makes mistakes, some of them really obvious, that a real mary sue wouldn't. But then, like a mary sue, he recovers from the problems with ingenuity and triumphs anyway, or alternatively loses, but proves competent even in defeat (which ultimately never has any negative impact on him, because there are never any serious consequences when he does lose).

I would say he's three-fourths of the way to a mary sue. How hard he works and how much of his character is taken up with winning, along with the little mistakes and infrequent losses, help prevent it from being completely boring though.

No, not even close. The Gary Stu is his dad who slaughtered him in the kitchen growing up. He's the least talented cook of that bunch and is only around because of his experience.

More like best boy.

Nice bait, asking if least stew MC in WSJ is stew.

I mean, no one can name 1 WSJ MC who's lost 100+ times to his dad, at least 2 times to his rivals, 3 times to his senpai, and is constantly btfo by his main love interest. No current MC jobs more than Souma. The only MC who even comes close is Echizen from PoT.

That's just wrong, Alice's future husband is best boy

Disgusting. There are such a great guys and you go a choose one of the worst.

>liking curry-niggers

Curry, Dog and Autism are the worst boys.

>not assuming its a Takumi or Soumafag when they shitpost the most.

Soumafags are the least bad on the bunch of characterfags.

t. Soumafag

> loses to his OP shonen mentor

does it really count if no one expects him to win, its like if luffy decided to vs shanks

Takumifags are worst, and Soumafags are second. Tsukasa shitposting is making a comeback but shouldn't persist after this shitty arc is done with.

he wasnt up until the most recent arc.

Nope. He doesn't win every battle but is quick to learn from his failures to overcome his obstacles. Essentially the only way for Soma to improve is by losing and once he losses he manages to drastically improve which puts him over the edge of his opponents.

The reason how Soma isn't a gary stu is that the author gave Soma limited knowledge on culinary in only diner cooking level and nothing fancy above it. Because of that Soma cannot just randomly cook 5 star gourmet food every time he cooks since his character has no knowledge of those kind of cooking thus giving chefs above him the edge until Soma manages to learn those higher feats in cooking and eventually surpass them.

Don't know if gary stu bu there was a point in there I followed the series because he was just entertaining. Now he is fucking boring and I don't drop it only because I want to see some of the side characters.

It's true though.

No

Could Soma's cooking cure their depression? Also random thought. Who would win in a shokugeki between Kirito and Guts?

This

He's the Mac Gyver of food.

probably

hes loses all the damn time dumbass

Neither are all that excellent in cooking... Guts probably since Kirito doesn't really cook (much).

>Gary Stew

>gary stew

God fucking dammit