Baki Dou 192 translation

By happenstance, I found these while looking for the Ippo raws. These aren't the digital raws that come out tomorrow, but they get the job done, so we're doing this today rather than tomorrow.

>Chapter 192: The Way of the Sword

>Musashi: Bury...?
>M: Me?
>M: With that sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

ci.nii.ac.jp/els/contentscinii_20171105205520.pdf?id=ART0008409067
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Baki: Stop.

>B: You're gonna say that I can't use a sword, right?

>M: Oh-ho!

>M: You are an amateur, but...
>M: Essentially, you've captured the logic of blades.
>B: I'm an amateur, but I can cut.
>B: This sword can cut.

>B: It can butcher you.
>Motobe: He wants to cut him...!?
>Doppo: Is he serious?
>M: How many times have I seen it?

>M: The sword being apart from the hand.
>M: "Giving an iron rod to a demon".
>M: It's an encouraging saying.
>M: Because, to begin with,

TN: The 'demon' line is a saying that means 'to make the strong stronger'. It was used in Pickle vs Musashi, in the capacity of a literal irony. No pun intended.

>M: The demon and the iron rod are separate beings.
>M: They cannot walk together.
>M: An inseparable sword.

>M: I want an inseparable sword.
>M: I can bear solitude, but...
>M: Being parted from the sword is lonely.

can this pacing get any more retarded

>M: The "absence of blades".
>M: The bare-handed practice.
>M: It's something that you all have long since acquired.

>M: Making your limbs into weapons.
>M: The bare-handed practice.
>M: The limbs...
>M: Do not leave you.

yes; please see the police volumes

>M: The way of the sword - which is...
>M: The way towards the absence of the blade.
>M: Soon,
>M: It will reach the point at which what manner of tool that is becomes unrecognized.

TN: Reference to the Meijinden; also known as "The Legend of the Greatest Master". If you've been following here for long enough, you know what that is and why that statement is significant.
If you haven't/don't, read the following story: ci.nii.ac.jp/els/contentscinii_20171105205520.pdf?id=ART0008409067

>M: Heh-heh...
>M: I will walk this path...
>B: Uhm...
>B: I, well...
>B: You lost me.

>B: About halfway through...
>B: Really sorry, but, you know.
>B: So...
>B: I wonder if you could get one there.
>M: "There"...?

>B: Before.
>B: Were you alive, and then...
>B: Or, were you floating -
>B: Not in this world.
>B: "There".

>B: ...Well, anyway,
>B: Here I come.

TN: For whatever insane reason, Itagaki stemmed "Here I come" out of the kanji for "butcher". They don't share a pronunciation; that's just out of fucking nowhere.

>M: Ngh!?

End chapter; end transmission.

pure comedy

Musashi will attain bare handed sword mastery and beat baki but spares his life since he doesn't consider this a death match.
Then 2 arc later he will face yujiro and win then even later round 3 will happen where yujiro kills him.
End of Dou and part 5 begins.

>fighting manga
>they just talk

I'm still waiting on the Trump's squad of super soldiers arc.

So doesn't Musashi mind that he was just passed out with Baki holding a sword over him? He admitted defeat when Motobe knocked him out, who was in less of a position to kill him because all his limbs were broken.

I'm ready for the other demon bloodlines and aliens.

>not ending the Musashi shit with this fight
I don't think even Itagaki is that retarded.

I'm ready for robots and time travelers.

Yes!

I got here before it got archived!

cannot it mean "here I butcher you" as a long stretch of a free interpretation?

Is there another kick to the face comming? Will Musashi bite him?

But they talk about fighting!

The entire series with musashi is already translated and on archive.org's manga library, free to download (along with 1300 other manga)

You're welcome

So Dragon Ball Cell arc?

wat?

i can't believe i find baki cute in these pages

has anyone in the mango ever tried to rape baki?

nice read, would be nice if you could share more like this one

I mean, kind of, but not really. We, the readers see what Baki means to convey in his speech - the 'butcher' kanji - but he only 'says' "here I come", or however you want to translate θ‘ŒγγΎγ™.

wat

I looked into what he mentioned just now, and it's literally just our releases up to volume 12 or something. He may, in fact, be retarded; I dunno.

>>M: The limbs...
>>M: Do not leave you.
>Retsu's face when

he might be indeed.

And regarding teh translkations... well, itakagi does what itakagi wants.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

BASED TIME TRAVELER

Since they went this route with dou musashi should have been just one of a group of revived historical fighters

A free for all pitting baki warriors against history's greatest warriors

Is this the worst arc and the worst character?

I would say so.

I enjoy how Musashi is written.

I really wish Motobe did not cockblock Yujiro, but despite everything Dou has been unpredictable so far.

Musashi has the tendency to seek glory and wealth, but in his battles he gets more philosophical than any other character. It is an interesting trait.

Also, Baki really hasn't been delivering on the sword fighting. In the first series, much like Retsu did in Dou, Baki's strategy for avoiding getting cut was to get cut, but to then spin really quickly and kick the other guy in the face as hard as he can.

Somehow that actually seems to work well in Bakiverse, so I wonder if he will use that move again? Only Yujiro did the sensible thing of actually avoiding Musashi's attacks.

I suppose Motobe deserves some praise for stopping Jack. If he fought Musashi he'd have gotten 100% killed.

What, yall didn't enjoy Musashi r'king some police to show past > present.

>2 punch in one chapter: the manga

jesus christ this is more like parody of baki than actual baki series

That's one that I tried to skate over. The word that Musashi uses means both "the body" and "the limbs". "The five limbs" is the literal interpretation, referring to the head, arms and legs. It just sounded stupid to write "the body doesn't leave you" since the implication of that phrase isn't quite his point, but maybe that's a better way to write it. I'll figure it out, surely, someday.

In what way?

He's not the idealized Musashi from The Eiji Yoshikawa novel. Here he is a person that loves his glory, his fights and geniunely enjoys what he does, without missing his artistic or philosophical sides.

In Vagabound he seldom seemed to enjoy the figh and the sword, he only used it as a tool to reach his goal of "becoming number one", and in the latter parts he becomes more and more like a monk.

I really enjoy way way more this warrior and fearsome Musashi.

So is the art shit on purpose or is it just shit

The former.

Did you read the Yoshikawa novel, or did you read Vagabond? Or both? I've always been curious about the differences between the Musashi from the book and the Musashi from Vagabond, if you'd be kind enough to indulge me.

I read both, and there are changes, for example, he never does the fight with the kusigarana guy, Musashi jsut leaves his Kusirigana at his neck when the other is sleeping.

Also in the book it shows a little more the "dirty" side of Musashi, getting late to duels on purpose to make the others nervous and trying to put the sun at his back... or maybe that was from teh book of five rings, it's been a while sicen I read them.

What I recall is that I've enjoyed more the farming arc of the stroy way more in Vagabound.

That's interesting about Shishido (kusarigama guy). I don't remember Musashi ever mentioning in the Book of Five Rings any of the specifics of the fights that he'd had, so I'm pretty sure that stuff must be from the novel.

Does the archive even have the permission to host that? I thought that they only hosted stuff that was in the public domain, there's no way that they'd be allowed to have modern series like this on its website, right?

Woops Baki awakened a monster

I want this god awful namek saga with imaginary swords over with.

>168828035
CHORD CUT

wut

>demon bloodlines
There was a tablet in the pyramids showing two Hanmas duking it out, wasn't there? As if Yujiro VS Baki (or more likely Hanma father VS son) was fated from ancient history
I wonder if Itagaki will just pretend it never happened or if he will embrace the retardation

Musashi's main schtick is strategy, which hasn't come out much in his actions (yet). But in a way he's doing what Motobe did
Motobe used the knowledge Musashi wouldn't take him seriously to attempt a surprise victory
Musashi is using the knowledge Baki isn't willing to kill (a few chapters back Baki even had his fighting autism fit when Musashi was going to kill Hanayama) to try his moves and fuck around (in this same fight Musashi has gone "OK, I've seen it")
Remember the first fight between Baki and Miusashi - One fight he got jabbed by Baki into a KO, the other he ended in seconds. He probably hasn't gone all out yet, even if he got hurt a few times

Honestly I've been liking Dou just fine. The only part that made me scoff was the Memesashi vs police one.

>you give me ticket for park 5 minute over limit? ohh i will show you now