Is this the best Mushishi episode?

Is this the best Mushishi episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_cPas5EPSsw
youtube.com/watch?v=lOvqFN7qUkY
youtu.be/DkjN-yV7HV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know, they're all the same

I don't know, they're all superb. Just finished the one with the human mountain lord and I feel the kind of emptiness I feel after finishing an extremely good series I haven't felt in years.

I like it when they chase the rainbow. It's just cool.

I don't remember but yes

So the Sea Shell episode is just as good as Cushion of Grass?

remember that one time the guy got into an endless life loop, managed to finally escape, saw his wife die in an accident, and without even thinking restarted the loop making sure his wife will spend an eternity falling down cliffs busting her head open? That was a good one.

The one where mushi turns people back into infants and a girl has to raise her own mother is my favourite

I liked the dream pillow. Sorry for being a filthy normalfag with no insight into it, but I just liked it, so I have nothing to ad. If it maintained the same quality, I would love 52 episode of this show. Maybe more.

Tell me about Karou, why did he enter the tunnel?

Barely remember them but I liked one about stuff giving you real blindness.

this guy knows what's up

The special episode was one of the best.

Actually my favourite is the episode about the Ginko's backstory where he loses one of his eyes.

That's Cushion of Grass. Unless I'm confusing it with another backstory.

First season.
Also, anyone else get the impression that the stories covered by the first season are a lot more character driven?

No it's One-Eyed Fish. It's a little darker than the other episodes imo.

What's Cushion of Grass again then? Because I swear that involves young Ginko too.

>After his encounter with Nui but before becoming a mushishi, Ginko is instructed and cared for by a mushishi named Suguro.
etc

Oh yeah alright. Mushishi is one of those shows where a lot of episodes kind of blur together for me. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing.

yeah I don't remember most of it but I has really peaceful vibe to it

God dammit, don't remind me of Nui.

Oh yeah Ginko burning down a forest and killing the mountain lord was epic.

I liked the one with the string that pulled people into the sky.

All the episodes with Tanyuu.

Was I the only one disappointed with second season? The first one has been focusing on mushi and represented them as neutral part of nature but the second one has been focused on people with all dumb moral and only used mushi as plot device.

Not every episode was a hit, but I thought the theme more-or-less remained the same. The first season had its share of people trying to manipulate Mushi for their own ends and meeting tragedy as well.

Prophetic dreams was the best episode. It was genuinely unnerving.

Rainbow, light sensitive eyes and time loop come close behind.

>light sensitive eyes
That one really got to me back in the day.

I loved how it simultaneously presented the spiritual world beyond humans as something so beautiful and alluring, yet dangerous and terrifying.

what was the one about the shiny mushi in the sea and that woman
i liked that one

Tanyuu a best

I liked pretty much all of them.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=_cPas5EPSsw

The Mushishi OST is god tier

The sore feet song lowers my blood pressure.

Lingering crimson>jelly babies>that one of the girl who can see everything>woman tree injert.

Raises mine, I have it set to my wake up alarm.

Thematic.

I love the one with the shadow you arent supposed to look at

Every Mushishi episode is the best.

Agreed.

the one where he carries the girl on his back

Add in a scene of him smoking or blowing smoke.

Yes

This. I ship them hard.

Sore Feet Song >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shiver

i love the ending shot of light sensitive eyes where ginko sits back to the river so much for some reason, that ep really hooked me into the rest of it all

Did the anime adapt the whole manga?

I have a friend who insists that it cut out several chapters.

Which episodes gave you the heaviest feels?

Unrelated
youtube.com/watch?v=lOvqFN7qUkY

The last one. Knowing that Ginko will die and that Tanyu will end up passing her curse.

The one about the little girl trapped alone in the parallel pocket dimension copy of her house. Just the whole setup of her wandering the dark rooms alone vestigially interacting with her family but unable to speak with them. I don't know, it stuck with me for some reason.

>there'll never be another episode of Mushishi

Ginko's backstory.

And the one about the woman who was slowly losing her memories.

The Bamboo ep, it also has amazing ep OST.

Let them rest.

yes

The lightning one really got to me

The one with the shadow that will always imprison someone, and the only way to free them is for someone else to touch it and take their place.

>when you think the mother is finally going to reconcile with the kid and she tries to murder suicide instead
That episode was some shit.

I'm going to have a full re-watch in Spring, I've been looking forward to it for a while.

LMAO you fucking pleb, the bridge one is the best one.

>the kid still saves his mother despite being unloved by her for his whole life
It really was. Fuck

my favorite concept in the show was the kid who got covered in a mushishi that made him only tolerate the cold; snow following him wherever he went

not mushishi. I forget what the phenomena are called

Why aren't there people hunting Mushishi if they're so dangerous?

Something about the ending to what I think was the first episode of S2 is always in my mind. It's the one where the sake brewer accidentally makes the sake that lets people see Mushi. I love the ending where he says when the sake doesn't turn out well he just drinks the Mushi sake and watches them from the roof of his house. It's one of the melancholy endings I love.

Should I watch this? How good is it?

There are. A lot of Mushishi just seem to hunt down Mushi to keep them away from humans.

Ginko's one of the few that strives to find a way to keep peaceful balance between humans and Mushi instead, and only kills when there are no other options.

entirely dependent on whether you like slow shows, with pleasant to look at scenes

I really liked the one about the giant tree but fuck it's hard to pick favorites.

It's good but it's slow, and there isn't really any action. It's a chill out, peaceful, appreciate-nature and vaguely spiritual show.

It's fairly slow and episodic, so some stories resonate more than others. but I'd still recommend it.

It's a quiet and atmospheric series, and balances a calm sense of wonder and otherworldly horror. Not for everyone, but it's one of my favorites.

I want to read the manga, but it's hard for me to picture myself appreciating the atmosphere half as much without the music.

9/10/10 mushishi has such a rich world and its visually beautiful

listen to godspeed you black emperor and read the manga trust me its perfection

What about the ONE OF US episode? If that didn't warm your heart you're not user.

Loved that one.

;-; one day all our waifus will be real just you waitr and see

what episode was this.
I need to rewatch this

Tanyuu will need to be more forward.

>Did the anime adapt the whole manga?
Yes.

I remember that feel

IIRC, The sky string one

Shiver was a strange choice for an OP, the lyrics didn't fit at all unlike Sore Feet Song. I get that second language English speakers might not be able to pick out the words, but still.

I loved the ending. It was a plain and unadorned 'the story is still going on, but that's all of it that we see'. Felt more like a parting than an ending, which suited Mushishi perfectly.

If you like vaguely ethereal, animistic stuff and the color green then watch it. I find it's made up of loads of ideas, things and themes I like which are sometimes hard to pin down exactly but that I still feel. Lot of people probably find it dull though.

mushi master in europe would be a rather neat story what with the church and all make the protag a wanted man but he can never be found/captured because he travels by those tunnels

Am I too late?

youtu.be/DkjN-yV7HV8

Good pic but nothing comes close to this. It's so good, meaningful, everything about it is done right.

This one was boring and made no sense and had nothing to do with solving mushi problems. Ginko should have died but didn't for no reason.

What are the implications on this episode?

What I loved the most are the little callbacks at the end of each chapter for all you mangafags out there, to just very subtly show a little hint of emotion.
I'll give an example, at the end of the double chapter where a guy gave his soul to house the aritificial mushi, there's a little panel that shows him gazing back at the view with Tanyuu and Ginko - and it sounds gay but I was really struck by the subtlety of the whole thing. That even though he'd lost most of what was his soul and emotion, there's just a little mention at the end that it's not all gone.

fuck me i miss reading things with good writing

the oddest thing is the chick only wrote another oneshot and a compilation of stories

the concept that sticks with me was the one where people in town were scammed into worshiping that girl who grew old and died (?) every day, and then they found out that there was a whole ton of people who were like that, and ginko cured them, but some of them didn't want to be cured because feeling like you were living the span of a life within a day allowed you to take in so much of the beauty of the world in such a short period that it was too painful to return to a normal life

Not to mention it's the musical equivalent of tapioca. It's offensively bland

But I like it. Lucy Rose has a comfy voice

this 2bh

all good things must come to an end

I always rewatching it in a period of 3~4 years, quite good.

The one where he's a kid is the best episode because Ginko actually has fucking flaws and can fail in that episode.

(you)

Him being infalliable and the hero of every episode isn't my thing, along with infinite knowledge that never fails him.