What's your favorite Urasawa series Sup Forums?

What's your favorite Urasawa series Sup Forums?

I’ve only seen Monster but I need to read or watch the rest,

20th

The nostalgia childhood in the countryside is why i love it over Billy pluto or monster

I've only read Dancing Policeman, Pluto and Monster, but Pluto

>yawara BDs never

>yawara full manga scanlation never

Pluto is the best

i liked yawara and happy. I think his comedy/light hearted stuff is underrated to be honest

Monster, followed by Keaton.
The highs of Pluto and 20th CB are as good as anything in Monster, but Monster doesn't turn to complete fucking garbage in the second half to last third.

>but Monster doesn't turn to complete fucking garbage in the second half to last third.

Pluto didn't turn into garbage though, it was solid all the way through.

I think he needs to sort of bring it back. Billy Bat was alright, but I feel like his serious stuff is getting less and less interesting with pointless stacking of "twists" and "mysteries" that don't really add that much to the story. Pluto was the exception though.

I've read Monster Pluto and 20th, out of those Pluto was the one I liked most since it didn't drag its feet. The other got too long for their own good and failed to nail the landing.

I think Pluto is probably great mostly due to the fact that Tezuka already wrote the story, and wrote it well.

No, I personally think Pluto was definitely good mostly because of Urasawa's skill. The story is very different from Tezuka in terms of execution and perspective, which to me, is what matters rather than the basic plotline.

However, I will give a lot of credit to Tezuka for having a plot that restrained Urasawa from going too crazy with plot developments or getting distracted with subplots and side characters.

Will I like Pluto if I didn't like Monster *that* much? I know it's good, but I just prefer Urasawa when he doing 20th Century Boys and the likes

It dragged (like most of his works, really), but I really enjoyed Billy Bat. The sheer scope of the work was impressive, and the earlier parts in particular were amazing.

I dunno, I think I'm probably just partial to Tezuka's version.

Monster lost me at the crossdressing reveal.

Pluto is consistently good. I can't complain about anything major except the inexplicably evil teddy bear.

It's depressing.

Monster, but Master Keaton is pretty good too. Although I don't think it was written by him.

How much of Astro Boy should I know to read Pluto?

None.

Pluto
Only that Astroboy is a thing that exists.

I like all of them, but I think Pluto holds up the best as a complete run. Billy Bat is my other favorite because I think he really nailed down the batshit crazy that runs throughout all of his serious works. It's like he bent his back to refining his otherworldly elements.

Did anybody here know what the fuck was going on with Billy Bat?

I've only read Monster, Billy Bat, and a tiny bit of 20th Century Boys but I liked Billy Bat the most. I don't really like Urasawa's art to be honest so I haven't really had any desire to read any more of his series.

Ancient gods toying with humanity and existence. One for "bad" purposes and one for "good" but I don't think either of them could really be put onto sides. I'd have to reread it though to say for sure. IIRC the story we're shown wasn't the first time around either.

One God divided into Two by the shattering of the Earth and the creation of the Moon. Which is one of the most badass origin stories ever.

I didn't know what to think everytime they pulled up a scene of Julius Caesar or some shit in his art gallery talking about "was it the good one or the bad one?"

I’m about 30 episodes into monster and I’m getting bored. Is this worth watching?

Pluto. I think he does best with shorter stuff.

Not really anything at all.

You should've read it instead.

The more you know the better it'll be (call it a nostalgia bonus), but even if you go in knowing nothing Pluto will still be a good read.

Is is worth buying the Viz release of this?

Yea, there's a lot of moments with exceptionally more impact if you've read Tezuka's stuff. Particularly with character introductions, or references to certain events. It still works standalone though.

>Particularly with character introductions,
God, the first page I saw his rendition of Atom was heartbreaking, and nothing exceptional was even going on.

Last vol of Pluto is bad. 7 first are great though.

Monster still the best.

Urasawa really knows how to manipulate emotions. Definitely his strength.