The death of WSJ

So many legendary manga have fallen. Where did all of these go? Why did every big manga finish? What went so wrong? I miss reading Naruto and Bleach together with OP.

Uh, Gintama is still going.

World Trigger is pretty dead too.

not for much longer

Manga is dead, it will never be as popular again

>World trigger

user, I.

Climax already happened, it's just limping to the final line right now.

Wait, that's still on hiatus? Did he get cursed by Toei?

Wrong. OP and BNHA are the current leaders, 7Deadlysins or Black clover can take Bleach’s spot I guess. Promised Neverland is also quality shit. Shounen’s still kicking. Not to mention HxH will always be around if not longer than OP

Are you fucking retarded? Series have been coming and going out of Shonen Jump for 50 years. Why would series ending be considered something out of the ordinary? Retard.

I will forever remember Toriko and the fantastic Toriko threads we had. Power creep to infinity, good food all around, no shitposters or general threads, just a bunch of anons along for one wild ride. Good times.

Will Oda manage to complete OP before kicking the bucket?

>7 deadly sins
>WSJ

No.

Maybe you can stop being blinded by shit and actually read or watch something good
Probably not though.

Could be worse
You could be a D.Gray.Man fan

Do they still exist?

Being a D.Gray-man fan is less suffering now than during hiatus. The situation with that is the only thing that makes me believe in World Trigger continuing.

is it even possible DGM will ever finish? how is the plot going?

I thought it looked like trash when it was being published, but I marathoned it recently and it was awesome. The worldbuilding is top tier.
That chapter when Toriko tries to get into gourmet world for the first time and gets BTFO by the local fauna was absolutely great.

I like how back then we didn't even get names for most of the creatures stomping Toriko, but when he tried the same way a year later we got the names and capture levels as Toriko was easily able to overcome them.

Oh yeah, that was really cool.
I also liked how the Nitro were on the manga since the first chapters.

every new chapter is a cluster fuck of half finished ideas piling on to old even less finished ideas.

so everything went wrong

I miss Big 3, the shitposts and the flame wars that surrounded it. God I miss the Bleach and Kubo threads.

It was a nice touch that the godawful anime retroactively made hilarious when Pair's mouth opened up horizontally instead of not opening at all like the manga showed. I also liked how Acacia was such a colossal asshole because his goal was the make the protagonists mad, who by that point were really difficult to outright anger because of their personal training and experience keeping them focused and unangered for most of the battles.

Yes absolutely. The last released chapter FINALLY made a little sense, but not much.

>got shitposted into oblivion because of Jump's annoying marketing and garbage adaptation
>had some flaws like author's tendency to skip potentially awesome content and off-screen some fights
>it's still the best WSJ shounenshit after wan piss and was filled to the brim with energy and pure power creep madness up to the final battle

Most of the series that I grew up with, read and loved have all ended and the new ones look shit or like rehashes to me. I was warned this day would come but I never believed it would actually happen.

At this point i honestly believe she should just scrap the entire thing and asspull a happy ending for Lenalee and Allen.

BNHA has good legs on it but it will never be as big as Naruto or Bleach at their peaks.

Dragon Ball inspired a new generation of mangaka and then those people inspired a new generation of mangaka, but the latter wasn't as good as the former, so both ended around the same time.

That's all.

I doubt another manga will reach to OP, Naruto or Bleach levels even if they're better.

BNHA Retard cannot draw good.

All things end, anonfriend. From dust we came and to dust we shall return.

Hori's powerlevel is much higher than Kishimoto's ever was. I'd argue that he's at least on par with Kubo at his best.

You' basically have to ignite powder keg on par with Dragon Ball to push shounen towards that kind of popularity again. A reinvention of the wheel that leads to other iterating on a formula.

>I'd argue that he's at least on par with Kubo at his best
Don't insult Hori like that

>BNHA Retard cannot draw good.

When Gintama finally ends Shokugeki no Soma, Haikyuu and World Trigger will join One Piece and Hunter x Hunter and become the oldfags of the new generation of Shonen Jump that is Boku no Hero, Black Clover, Dr. Stone, etc.

WHERE DOES HIS PALM LEAD
OR SHALL I SAY 'WHEN'

One Piece is all it needs to stay alive

>BNHA retard cannot draw good.

>Can't read
Grabs girl
GIVE HER BACK
follow his hand
Finger - Deku !?
Finger - Energy from horn
Palm - Crumbling
Thumb - Crumbling
Last Panel - Not good I cant move well

It's simple direction in manga panelling.

>I'm going through nostlagia right now

Great thread.

I kinda that miss AssClass

>BNHA
>leaders
How can you say that when Dr. Stone is regularly #3?

Lets see any other shonen author draw such well proportioned female bodies.

Honestly my biggest regret involving manga is when I stopped reading Naruto because I slowly lost interest and wanted to wait for more chapters to pile up so that I could marathon it... Only to discover that it ended.
I followed that god damn shit, every week, from the fucking chunin exams. But then, I got lazy and missed the end of it. That's like planting an apple tree and caring for it every day only to give up on it before harvest and let all the fruits rot...

Same thing happened with Prison School but at least I can justify that because of the gay ass cavalry battle arc.

>Dr. Stone is regularly #3

And getting outsold by We Never Learn? The only series that can stand on their own right now are OP, HxH, Haikyu, MHA, The Promised Neverland and Shokugeki. In that order. Black Clover sells decently now as well, I guess.

Not him but
>Murata Yuusuke
>Saeki Shun
>Kawashita Mizuki
>Yabuki Kentaro
>Yasuhiro Kano
>Katsura Masakazu

I liked it, but its satisfying ending put me at peace. Can't same the same about World Trigger, I still really miss it.

>Doesn't even post an example

Sales don't matter. Or else Naruto and Bleach wouldn't have been considered 1 & 2 of the Big 3 here in the west.

Bokuben will also have people get mad at it like Nisekoi, Hatsukoi Limited, Ichigo 100%, etc.

I'm not doing any retarded work for (You).

You absolute moron, I was talking about the hole-like shadow in the middle of his palm.

>Power creep to infinity
Honestly one of the few times where power creep didn't ruin the fights. Jirou was a monster and the planetary circumnavigation punch is still hype to this day.

>calling me a moron for his own faulty communication
You said "where" and "when". Two terms that can only be attributed to where the arm is leading the readers eye to in the context of the page. The whole conversation is about BNHA's mangaka's skill in communicating his story visually, so your comment on where his "palm leads" makes no sense in your own context.
Also, It's obviously a shadow.
You know, The absense of ambient light?

So you admit defeat then. Good.

You could research their artwork yourself. That's an option.

>You said "where" and "when".
>Two terms that can only be attributed to where the arm is leading the readers eye to in the context of the page

>joke
>your head

Don't blame me for your inability to think. You're so infuriated by someone else ITT that you're just blindly lashing out at everyone. Pathetic.

Or you could post a image that goes along with your statement. This is an image board after all.

>joke
Random joke completely unrelated to discussion suddenly gets off because its a joke.

-"BNH artist can't do art"
-[Image is shown]
-"Where/When does his palm lead"
-[Shows image where palm leads in relation to discussion of art]
-"Aha, you retard, it was a joke about the shadow on his hand! I just framed it like an art-related question!"

You're the retard here for thinking should be taken as a "joke"
It's not framed or set up like one.

@168840564
He's still raging about a completely irrelevant jokepost just because he didn't get it and looked stupid for replying seriously. He's so mad!

How the cock Dr kekfags?

>He's still raging about a completely irrelevant jokepost
>He's so mad!
>raging
>over a post that can't communicate it's point clearly

If anything I replied and solidifed a point. The "joke" only fell flat and got sussed for how shallow of a joke it actually was.

"Where does his hand lead" Bottom Right of the Page.
"When does it lead?" Obviously to the next panel in the timeline of the manga panelling. Therefore it's a way of communicating a flow of time and direction.
"Haha, I meant the shadow in his hand thats a hole haha" It's a shadow, retard.

Yeah, great "jokepost". If anything, it looks ridiculous and only asks vague questions it answers itself.

Look at how many fucking big series ended. Kochikame, Naruto, Bleach. These were some of the biggest manga series to ever exist, among the top 10 most sold series of all time, of all magazines. It is a big deal.
Not just that, but some big series who could grow bigger had their time cut short, and couldn't fulfill their potential. Stuff like Toriko (which had one of the worst, most rushed manga endings I've ever seen) got the boot and was replaced with this basic shit that we have today in Jump.

>HxH will always be around

>Sales don't matter. Or else Naruto and Bleach wouldn't have been considered 1 & 2 of the Big 3 here in the west.
But Naruto and Bleach were 1 & 2 in sales, in the west. It's just that the market got more globalized now and people care about Japanese sales, back in the day no one cared.

Nope. Not gonna do it. The artists are enough. Too much work for replying to trolls. Not my argument either. Too bad. Me - 1, You - 0

Right now Jump has One Piece, Soma, Gintama, Kimetsu no Yaiba, HeroAca, Promised Neverland, and *ahem* Black Clover, so the magazine is doing fine.

The magazine content is fine, the overlying problem is the death of print.

>I miss reading Naruto and Bleach together with OP
You were part of the problem

Toriko was already dying when it got cut, its potential to grow bigger was limited when the mangaka abandoned the adventure roots of the series to turn it into a brain dead fighting Shounen.

I'll even post more. With even fat girls drawn properly. Don't be so stingy. Trying to google an artist never yields their best work.

You will always be around if you come once a year
Taps temple

user can’t English
I don’t even know why the other anons continue to play with (You)

This, fuck bleach and naruto fags

Nothing lasts forever user, even One Piece will end one day. Its best to try and pick up other series.

Black Clover sucks, but at least Dr. Stone is turning out to be pretty fun.

Don’t even bother replying. Retard doesn’t even know what a “joke” means. Prolly an ESL

Those are the only two shonen relevant outside Japan after the DBZ/YYH/SS era.

@168840792
@168841645
He's still raging lmfao

will one piece outlive haikyuu?

Assclass was not that good Never read more than maybe the first 5 chapters

>lmfao

Yes

One Piece is too popular to die. Even after the manga's ended the anime will be running for years, then we'll get One Piece Super or BorutoPiece or something.

That's not something to be proud of

@168842847
he's foaming lmfao

Assclass was very good. Also very focused as the writer set an end goal and didn't stray from it. Got a little melodramatic at times but one of my favorite Shonen that ran in WSJ in the last decade or two.

>Also very focused as the writer set an end goal and didn't stray from it.
I love this meme. If the author has planned everything from the beginning it means that it is good.

After 20 years, people still talk about GTO. AssClass, on the other hand, after 2 years, is only remembered when we talk about sales. Boring characters, boring arcs. Wasted potential.

>After 20 years, people still talk about GTO
Only because the mangaka can only succeed with his endless shitty spin-off stories 20 years later.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about the series. I feel like I'm in a minority for liking AssClass because of my weird sense of humor.

>If the author has planned everything from the beginning it means that it is good
It's more about staying true to what he had planned, regardless of whether or not it was good. He could've dragged it out with more stories, changed it into a full blown battle manga about hunting assassins around the world, or magically make Class E flunk their third year so they could have more time with their sensei who decided not to explode for another year so he could milk his sales, but he didn't.

>GTO
I haven't read this so I can't make a fair comparison. Is the sensei cooler for being a delinquent? Are the lessons focused on actual academics or typical life lessons? Are all the students fleshed out or is the story focused on a few core students? What makes this manga so great?

>Seven Deadly Sins
>WSJ

>Black CLover
>EVEN REMOTLY CLOSE TO ANY FORM OF QUALITY BLEACH HAD

>The Promised Neverland
>Shit

Are you an idiot?

MHA and Hori are just writing a Naruto redux storyline. Bleach is still better written. Just because it uses Naruto's narrative doesn't make it better.

It's that kind of logic that allows Shueshia to push Boruto and Black Clover out of it's ass.

>MHA and Hori are just writing a Naruto redux storyline
At least Bakugo never went full Saucegay.

Oh yeah, that's is true. However the storylines tend to go WAY too closely to Naruto. Other characters outside of Deku and Bakugo act like many Naruto characters though.

I see a thread like this every fucking week

If Naruto, Bleach, etc. didn't end there would be a thread every week about how they're milking it and they need to end

He is so fuckinn dead inside.

Naruto's universe hasn't ended though. Boruto is the sequel series nobody wanted.

Bleach truly ended because Kubo covered all the major problems that Ichigo had to deal with in the storyline like Hollows, Human, Soul Reapers and Quincy problems.

Manga are all destined to finish.