When did male abuse by females become popular in anime? Had to be the early 2000s

When did male abuse by females become popular in anime? Had to be the early 2000s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iQXCqpTcS-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's kinda dying down in anime since the harem boom of 00s

most tsunderes nowadays would just call the MC a baka and not harm a hair on them

That piece of shit series known as Love Hina.

>Love Hina
If so that would be the year 2000 exactly.

>men look and act like soyboys
Just a phase

male abuse? jesus, you MRA fags are delicate.

anyway, the gag of girl slapping the MC for grabbing her boobs has been around since Anime. Earliest I have ever seen it was Maison Ikkoku, but I am sure Rumiko Takahashi has used it in Lum. that's at least the 70's

If your going to post such faggotries, get the fuck out of this board.

>you MRA fags are delicate
Was this really necessary? You're the one who seems delicate here.
>Earliest I have ever seen it was Maison Ikkoku, but I am sure Rumiko Takahashi has used it in Lum. that's at least the 70's
From what I've seen so far it doesn't become a regular or common thing until at least the late 90s.

>What is Ranma 1/2 in 1989

How common of a gag was that in the overall industry? And how often did it even happen in Ranma?

Every time Akane was on screen. I just kept waiting for Ranma to deck her.

Regularly happened in many 80's anime, and not just by tsunderes, or the fledgling prototypes, and especially in comedy shows where physical comedy was a part of the norm.

I mean, this was a common trope even in the west. 60's and 70's TV shows typically had the male character get slapped for getting too "fresh" with the ladies. This shit is as old as the hills.

>Was this really necessary?
Way to prove him right you delicate faggot

Could you name some anime? I've been watching some older anime recently and haven't stumbled across any yet.

You mean her? She brought politics into this. And asking about a gag makes one delicate?

Probably around the same time as females getting molested by males being treated as comedy? Kinda funny how of the two the most vocal whiners are guys upset some female character slapped a male.

>And asking about a gag makes one delicate?
Going to pretend it's not the usual 'abloobloo I got bullied by girls that male character should enact muh revenge fantasy amirite guys' ? I mean it's Ume in the OP so I don't know who you're expecting to fool.

>Could you name some anime? I've been watching some older anime recently and haven't stumbled across any yet.

Oh, this was a rec thread.

March 31, 1983
in the very first episode of Miyuki, the accidental pervert mc received a hit on his face

shit is part of the genre since the beginning

If anything, female on male violence is becoming less and less extreme. I can't think of a single tsundere in the past 5 years who attacked her love interest half as much as Akane.

Genuinely curious about trends in anime and here comes some persistent user with a bone to pick clogging up the thread with bitterness. Wew...

Nah. I was just interested in what anime popularized it and when and how it might have developed over the years. I'm sure there are some minor examples here and there. But when did it become a common occurrence.

Pretty common in the 90's, but it was less concentrated at the time. You can see it in shows such as, at the top of my head, Tenchi Muyo, El Hazard, Slayers, Those Who Hunt Elves, Nadesico As for Ranma 1/2, slapstick is an overwhelming aspect in its overall humor. Both guys and girls beat up the MC, or try to. It's a martial art romantic comedy with two modes: silly and seldom serious. That should give you an idea.

>Genuinely curious about trends in anime and here comes some persistent user with a bone to pick clogging up the thread with bitterness.
I'm
So I'm not quite sure how that's being persistent. But you sure are delicate

So it really cemented itself in the 90s, peaked in the 2000s, and is now experiencing a decline?

akane must be on her period. the whole time.

since the 80s

I hate male abuse predominately because it sits squarely aside the worst and most repetitive scenes afflicting all chinese cartoons.
Lock your fucking doors.

When the man who shouldn't have died... well he died.
Takahiro Yamato was the hero we wanted and deserved, but he was too much for this world and was taken from us
;_;

That anime took it into overdrive. I've never wanted to mutilate a dyke so bad before ben-to.

its from the 70s, 80s or even older. in cityhunter (1987-1988) you can see the male mc beaten up every time.

I don't think it has peaked yet. If speaking restrictively to anime, you'll have some years with moderate amount, other years with an abundant amount. Keep in mind that cute girls abusing male character isn't a trend, but it's a staple form of comedy in Japanese culture. Granted, anime exaggerates it and moe-ify it to otakus, much like a lot of things in anime.

At least other MCs sometimes deserve it, but with Ben-to all of it was accidental or underserving.

Oh come on. I have never seen a male character truly deserve the constant eternal and infinite beatings or smacks that they get at the hands of some bitch.

It wouldn't annoy me as much if they beat these bitches until they're black eyed. I hated Naruto as a character because he never not even once thought about punching that cunt Sakura in the face. Yet he repeatedly let her use her Super Chakra Punches on him. The only thing that happens when I see these male characters get clobbered by bitches is I think less of them and I don't think they're cool or smart or anything admirable. Look at Luffy from One Piece, most popular Shounen Manga in Japanese History and yet the main lead along with his male crew members constantly get beaten up by Nami the bitch. Fuck this shit.

I'm so sick of this garbage. I just want the male characters to return fire and beat the bitches up to see how they like being on the receiving end and fuck chivalry and fuck this Must Protect Vagina shit that society indoctrinates boys with. Fuck all of it.

Kinda weird getting mad over it in LUNCH BOX

I mean they completely beat the shit out of each other over boxed lunches all the time no problem. Ume's hits were just fetish fuel in comparison

Its a little different when its a lesbian.Tsunderes, I can kinda understand, like discussed it was/is a trend/stable.

Ryo Saeba.

I don't see the female-on-male abuse that much nowadays.

Five to ten years ago this crap was everywhere. What made it worse was that the creators would try to make us feel sympathetic towards the female.

>I just want the male characters to return fire and beat the bitches up to see how they like being on the receiving end
It exists, just not in comedies.
I can't think of a single instance of male-on-female violence in any medium, anime or otherwise, that was played for laughs and not as cheap drama.

Why do snowflakes get so triggered by a trope in a fictional show?

Unbalance x Unblance but it was unintended, so you are right.

Anime where the MC is a beta cuck is a shit anyways.

I always wanted to see an MC call the cops or file a restraining order on angry tsundere. That'd be the height of hilarity.

Or better, MC hooks up with someone else, and in the end she's all
>MC-kun I love you, why didn't you choose me?!
and he's all
>I went with someone that didn't hit me all the time.
That would be priceless.

She's basically a male boke character (female), but good answer.

japan has always been gynocentric.

youtu.be/iQXCqpTcS-Y

There are plenty of comedies like pic related that don't discriminate when it comes to slapstick.

When everybody fell in love with Asuka.

Funny enough, it's bigger in media aimed at boys than at girls, even in stuff written by women like Rumiko. Some guys are amused (or aroused) by the concept of women smacking around men.

The Ume stuff is outright comical, there's even the fat guy stalking her to state her appeal to masochists.

Juuden-chan

This. I love how the trope became an inside joke and by the end and keitaro is canon unkillable.