Evangelion

I'm about to watch it, what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2A99tgALlTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A bad experience unless you watch the dub desu

Asuka and Shinji's VAs are far superior to the Jap counterparts

Fuck off

I came here to say precisely the opposite of this

Same.

Dont forget to watch the 3 or 4 movies that continue the series. These don’t include the recap film that no one needs to watch.

watch darling in the franxx instead its better

Literally the most overrated anime in history that gets a pass because it's well animated in an age of utter shite and tripe.

overrated is not valid criticism, brainlet. Shouldn't you be in a franxx thread?

this, at least FranXX isn't just a shitty Devilman ripoff

It’s famous for being existentially weird philosophically deep desu. It flew over my head to be honest when I watched it (didn’t really care) but some people eat that shit up, and the show did what it wanted to do well. Tons of people hate it with valid criticisms but none of them hate it because other people love it. Get a grip

Great directing, good characters.

Asuka was one of the few characters I thought had a noticeably better VA in Japanese. Her English voice sounds annoying while her Japanese voice is cute in a way that contrasts nicely with her personality. Shinji's voice also sounds more annoying in English, but that's how he should sound imo, the Reis are about equal, and for the rest of the cast I prefer the English.

>Dont forget to watch the 3 or 4 movies that continue the series
Absolutely do forget to watch all the movies after End of Evangelion.

I'm watching the sub, and I have no complaints so far, so I'll stick with it.

That's basically the reason I decided to pick up the series, the movies looked cool.

The first two episodes are pretty great, does it get bad?

Franxx is fucking garbage. Shitty Gundam ripoff. Not even 10 episodes in and they are already doing a shitty fanservice bitch episode. Don't recommend garbage.

Don't watch the rebuilds, just finish the series and watch End of Evangelion. Seriously they just have less heart put into it with more fanservice. Don't listen to he's just a brainlet, and you'll begin to understand what Eva really is with Rei's monologue in the second half of episode 14

>does it get bad?
No. In fact, Eva only gets better.

That shit's cash, enjoy your first watch while you still have it.

dont expect too much on it. its not that good its okay. tho the end will be about symbolism and etc and will leave a sour taste in your mouth unless its your taste and you will like it

The number one thing you can do to ruin your enjoyment is ask questions like these so you're full of expectations for it. Let it do its thing, instead of constantly waiting for it to do some other thing you've heard about, because Eva is extremely temperamental and goes through about three major tone shifts, whereas you normally say it's strange for a show to have one.

Just watch it already, basically.

Watch it in Japanese and don't watch the rebuilds, are trash.

Fucking pleb, get out of here.

Fuck off faggot, go watch naruto.

I've watched it three times and each time I enjoyed it more than the last, on the first watch I thought it was just mediocre

even if you don't like the show, the OST is great and i would recommend giving it a listen.youtube.com/watch?v=2A99tgALlTY

Misato. That is all that is needed to be said.

Generic mecha for anyone who has seen anything preceding it

(you)

hours of boredom

Just got to the part where Rei smiles.

My fucking heart.

you disgust me

Tiffany Grant is definitely better at speaking German.

Once your done with the show,watch End of Eva it's probably one of the best anime films ever made and really trippy

>probably one of the best anime films ever made
I agree.

if you like generic character tropes, crybaby MCs, and faggots, then you'll love Eva.

What kind of ill-adjusted person would have their enjoyment of a show affected by whether some of the characters are same-sex attracted? That's fucking stupid.

You can't have a shitty fanservice episode when every episode is a shitty fanservice episode

>Spike Spencer’s Shinji
>Good experience
Pick one.

While he's nowhere near Ogata's level, I thought he did a fine job. Direction is a little off in early episodes. My problems with the Eva English dub are mostly due to the script and everything they fucked up in EoE.

So, I watched 1-26 and then End of Evangelion. Did I do it right? Pretty good besides the "What the fuck is going on?" during 25 and 26, both times

Regret.

Don't watch it, srs.

CanI I just say you are the first person I have ever seen criticize Eva without being autistic as possible

Real best girl

I just learned about this 1.0 and rebuild shit, do I watch them?

Stellar directing, some of the best tv animation and a lot of shitty characters, bad philosophy and an unfulfilling plot.
A solid 6/10

Yes and you love 3.0 the best out of them all.

Just watch it with an open mind and enjoy the trip to madness.

>Also try to understand my nigga Shinji, do not bully

Not yet, watch them after The End of Evangelion

Death to all who bully my boy.

At first, I thought he was a pussy ass bitch, the fuck is wrong with him. But the more I learned, I started to think, "Damn, he's had a hard life. He can be a pussy if he wants to be"

Why are you just getting around to it?

It's a 20 year old show in an age where most of the time watching anime is spent watching seasonal stuff and "Classics" in the old meaning of the word don't exist because the fandom got so big it fractured into many subcultures that don't interact with each other at all.

Not OP but I saw it recently. When I was like 10 or something I saw a random episode and it was the one where Armisael starts fusing with Rei and I was about to sleep. Had nightmares about that for a while. Dodged it and forgot about it until now

Literally the most overrated anime of all time

I just feel like Eva is one of those shows that everyone watches early on when they first get into anime just because of hype and reputation

TFW I watched EVA after 6 years of watching anime.

>one of those shows that everyone watches early on when they first get into anime
That's the juggernauts like Attack on Titan, Re;Zero and Yuri on Ice!, not Eva.

I've just decided to watch a bunch of classics that I never have.

I thought it was Naruto and Bleach

Can someone ban this post.

>Naruto and Bleach
Forgotten by the new generations.

Mirai Nikki, SAO, Attack on Titan & My Hero Academia are the new Entry points.

It's also a good character focused drama with stellar presentation and direction. Nobody would give a shit about it if it were really just "existentially weird philosophically deep" or whatever the fuck.

a garbage-tier anime

This

Spoken like a true faggot

my friend

good

I know this is bait but you still got me.