Almost 500 chapters of filler and chasing around a villain who liked to run away. What made Inuyasha so successful?

Almost 500 chapters of filler and chasing around a villain who liked to run away. What made Inuyasha so successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLI4CkvKK3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because the first 30 episodes were great and I guess people stuck it out i guess

good music
entertaining characters

Why did people hate Kikyo again? She was clearly best girl.

How could we improve Inuyasha?

Backstabbed Inuyasha and gave Naraku a full 1/3 of the jewel.

by making the titular character likable

Women love soap operas.

You think "But this is all fake with fantasy stuff and magic and shit"? Well, turns out women love that. An old soap opera called Passions literally had serial killers, magical teleporting, time travel, witches and the literal Anti-Christ. Put in a love triangle, tragic love, pretty men, strong men and women in control who also get saved all the time and you win women.

Pretty much, the plots not good but I stayed for the characters.

It was bittersweet when I finally finished The Final Act 3 years ago , like a piece of my childhood finally came to an end.

The characters were shit though. Kagome, Sango, and Kagura were the only sluts worth fapping to but I will admit watching it on Toonami at 5:00 is the only way to actually enjoy it.

Still pissed how the wolf guy just got written out after he got a "legendary" weapon upgrade.

I'd let Naraku raw me

Every time Kikyo was mentioned in an episode the entire episode was essentially Kagome and Inuyasha brooding, Kagome getting all emotional and Inuyasha looking for Kikyo

sangos body suit and kagomes short skirt

>Well, turns out women love that. An old soap opera called Passions literally had serial killers, magical teleporting, time travel, witches and the literal Anti-Christ. Put in a love triangle, tragic love, pretty men, strong men and women in control who also get saved all the time and you win women.
and all you have to do is change the men to little girls and Sup Forums loves it.

Inuyasha was Twilight before Twilight

So yes, the formula works

because of sesshomaru.

I remember first watching it, I only caught the last five minutes of it and it was kagura talking to sesshomaru.

Instantly thought he was the coolest thing in the world. Essentially the sasuke of Inuyasha, got hooked on it after that.

InuYasha was shit, but I wanted to see what happened with Kikyou and I fapped a lot to Sango.

I remember hating Kagome with a passion.

Sesshomaru was cool, and his thing with Rin was cute.

I still dropped this shit early.

Sesshomaru was the only reason.

If you stretch, you can add in the band of seven arc.

But it's almost entirely Sesshomaru you watched this series for.

Make Inuyasha a girl.

>the band of seven
MUH NIGGA

She's a bitch

Pretty much.

Why the hell would Sesshomaru be the reason? You sound like a fujo.

Because he was more interesting than the actual main group.
Besides, who doesn't like fluffy?

He is the strongest person in the series. If with missing one arm he still destroyed other demons and fought Naraku on many occasions and never gave up.

This is like getting upset that people like Hiei in YuYu Hakusho

It was comfy. There is a niche market for series that focus on weekly adventures rather than some large plot. This is why I like some filler if it expands on the setting.

It established shounen tropes before they became shounen tropes.

Music was great.

It had a bunch of hot guys and girls.

Animation was okay for the time.

The only parts I can even remember of Inuyasha was Naraku overshadowing any arcs villain, typically being the mastermind or come in to absorb them. He gets a new barrier shortly after Inuyasha learns another anti-barrier technique, several times.

and bees

Obvious Fujoshi fan girl material.

That was the bigger flaw with Naraku. As a concept the guy is the coolest fucking thing, a man literally made out of demons who could just keep fusing more and more into himself.
But rather than think of ways for him to avoid damage such as obtaining a new ability by devouring some OP demon, he just spawned barrier after barrier. Near the end he obtains that kappa demon's indestructible shell but fuck they could have had him get that in the beginning of the series.

Rather than a new barrier, it could have been a new bullshit thing like one season he get turtle armor, the next he absorbs a smog demon and can turn into a miasma cloud to avoid damage.

>We will never get a spin off series that follows an Older Rin and Sesshomaru.

I feel like this was a pretty big missed opportunity with them you could have told a story of a human trying to find her place in the demon world.

So when does the sango, kagome, ayame, and kagura posting start?

Naraku was the most annoying villain in all of anime history
>HAHA, INUYASHA, LOOK AT ME BEING A DICK
>Naraku! Stop being a dick and get over here so we can fucking fight!
>NO
>GET OVER HERE DAMN IT
>PTTTHHHP
>WINDBACKLASHADAMANANTHOLEINSPACE SLASH
>Ah fuck! You dick, I just made that body! Good thing my head conveniently escaped all the damage. Bubble-hearth motherfucker, and have some bees ontop of it, and you know what, miasma, cause just fuck you man.
>DAMN IT NARAKU, THIS IS LIKE THE 30TH TIME YOU'VE DONE THIS, GET BACK HERE SO WE CAN END THIS SHIT
>NEVER, COME TO ME MY DISTRACTION DEMONS, WATCH AS I VANISH BEHIND THESE CLOUDS. ILL GET YOU NEXT TIME AND YOUR LITTLE JEWEL TOO, YOU SHIIIIIIIIITS!
>HEY INUYAHSA REMEMBER HOW YOU GOT THAT RED PAINTJOB UPGRADE THAT BREAKS BARRIERS?
>WELL FUCK YOU, I AINT EVER GONNA GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO LET YOU HIT ME WITH IT
>BUT IMMA STILL KEEP MY BARRIER UP, EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME, EVEN WHEN IM SITTING ON MY ASS STARING AT THE CEILING
>WHY? BECAUSE FUCK YOU FAGGOT, I CAN

They're bunch of fujos too.

They wanted it to see it end.

Inuyasha: NARAKU! Let's go get him with full knowledge that he'll just puss out when he's in danger!

Kagome: INUYASHA!

Naraku: Now you must deal with my latest puppet thing I jizzed out last episode!

Sango: HIRAIKOTSU! *her attack has no effect* Oh well, I guess I should stop trying and do FUCKING NOTHING FOR THE ENTIRE BATTLE NOW.

Kagome: INUYAASHAAAA!

Miroku: Don't worry, I'll just use my magic hand thing! OH NOES IT'S THE BEES AGAIN! WHO THE FUCK SAW THAT ONE COMING?!

Sango: Stop grabbing my ass god-fucking-damnit!

Shippou: DERP DERP DERP I'M JUST A FEW SECONDS OF FILLER DERP DERP DERP

Naraku: Blah blah Shikon Jewel blah blah Inuyasha blah blah I'm a trap blah blah!

Sesshoumaru: MmmMmmMmm Here I am, mysterious and pretty MmmMmmMmm

Jaken and Rin: DEEERRP FILLER FILLER FILLER LOL RIN IS SO KAWAII ^______________^

Sesshoumaru: (something about Tetsusaiga, nobody is listening by this point anyway)

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAA!

Inuyasha: KAGOOMEEEE!

Kagura: We're here for no reason!

Kanna: Watch out for my mirror that doesn't actually do anything!

Kagome: EENOOYAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Inuyasha: Stfu plz

Koga: HEY KAGOME LOVE TRIANGLE LAST OF MY PEOPLE ETC.

Inuyasha: Back off faggot. I want to stand in the front.

Kagome: INUYAAAAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!@#%2265427892NEJETKRTGNWRJHTIRT

Shippou: HURP DE DURP

Inuyasha: Haha, Naraku is nearly dea-

Naraku: Yo holmes, smell you later! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Inuyasha: FUCKING BUBBLE AND HEARTH FUCK YOU BLIZZ

Sesshoumaru: I'm leaving now, despite the fact I never even clarified why I came in the first place.

Jaken: Mmm, Lord Sesshoumaru, durka durka Me Lord durka durka

Miroku: Hey anyone want to have my baby?

Kaede: Ye are all fucking useless pieces of shite.

End of episode

Agree. The faggot with croissant sword was kino.

The OST was fucking amazing.

Oh god reading this is like being trapped in 2006 and 2010 at the same time.

The bees were more of a result of Miroku's retardedly broken power. Honestly a better solution to preventing it from being useful against him would have been to make him immune since he fucking gave him the curse to begin with.

One thing that always stuck out to me about the series was how utterly fucked humanity seemed to be, yet Kagome never wonders how all this demon shit got resolved by modern times. Also it was the warring states period but we never saw any battles. They mentioned Oda Nobunaga being a young man in a filler.

They were genuinely enjoyable because it was a bad guy gauntlet straight out of a battle shonen with unique personalities and fighting styles. How boring was it to get another Naraku clone thing afterward.

I think you're greatly exaggerating how old the series is. It started serialization in 1996.

Really a man abandoning his humanity for a single all consuming goal is really inspiring stuff for a big bad, but Takahashi had no interest in developing it. You'd think his singular purpose would be Kikyo based on the backstory, but they drop that by saying once he became a demon those interests disappeared.

It's incredible that Takahashi never got tired of bees and barriers.

It wasn't that broken since it was slowly killing him and getting worse every time he used it....but the plot almost ignored that.

Why didn't he ever just get close enough to suck him in before bees came out? He always stood so far away that it would take half a day for the suction to drag Naraku in anyway.

The series kept basically shelling out the whole "WE NEED TO GET THROUGH THIS BARRIER/OBSTRUCTION SO WE CAN GET A SHARD/NARAKU/SESSHOMARU/EVIL PERSON; AND I SO HAPPEN TO OFFHANDEDLY COME ACROSS THIS ANCIENT ENCHANTMENT THAT WILL HELP ME DISREGARD WHATEVER THE FUCK THE PROBLEM WE WERE FACING WAS, CONVENIENT HUH?". So they destroy the barrier/whateverthefuck, shit ensues; then it resets back to zero with new powers and maybe a gem shard or whatever.
When Inuyasha ends up just absorbing the 'fuck everything' power, because that's what the actual main plot point was about with Tessaiga vs Tensaiga; it kinda defeated the purpose of every other power he had gained throughout the series. Pretty much to the point where you could almost call almost every episode up until then filler, since there was little to no reason for any of the powers he gained; except for just using it as a reason to shatter plot armor over and over again.

To me, it was like a gigantic, 'fuck you for spending all these hundreds of episodes watching him go through these grueling experiences trying to master Tessaiga by utilizing the adaptation part of the sword; and using those experiences and power he gained to beat the final baddie like you'd expect. No. Instead, we're going to make it so that he can just go through some magical training at the end of the series so he can 'master' using it because we say so. And then we can just make every other power that he's absorbed completely moot by revealing that the main plot point was that Tensaiga was solely made to extract and house the absolute destructive power that Tessaiga had originally absorbed before it was made (the power, by the way has the affect of instantly sending the person hit by it get instantly sent to hell; without even having to actually land a lethal blow, or 'killing' them in any way shape or form). Making all of the other powers he's gained throughout the series completely useless! So it's okay to make up any form of bullshit power his sword can absorb during the series, because at the end of the day; the /actual legitimate power/ for the sword that he gets from a non 3rd party in his adventure is probably one of the most bullshit of all of them, and will cancel out any reason to use all the other bullshit ones we created because we wanted to milk the shit out of the series as long as possible in between!".

I honestly would have preferred if they had just ended it before they pulled shit out of their ass like the Dragon scaled tessaiga making it so he can just cut the 'yōketsu of yōkai' (or the 'manifestation of demonic energy' in the form of a whirlpool behind the demon that results in an instakill if cut, which SURPRISE SURPRISE! The dragon scaled tessaiga can cut!). Like.. What? This anime would have been fine if they just had revealed the main plot point without having to resort to doing something like this just to stretch out the series. I'd be okay with like.. 100 episodes at the most, maybe?

Kagome telling Inuyasha to sit and him force-ably obeying

I asked the same thing every time he did that move. Especially when there were times he could have wind tunneled and actually got him, but failed to do so because that would be a lame ending.

unironically best girl

Her voice was great. She really nailed the part, honestly. Didn't she also do the voice for Genkai in YuYu Hakusho?

Cut at least 2/3 of the volumes.

this is disturbingly accurate

Focus on these two cutie patooties

its isekai

What is the appeal of this man?

I liked Sess because you know he was just looking out for his brother, trying to help him live up to his expectations instead of letting him just die by giving up on trying to become a human; and just becoming a full demon because the only thing that he loved got killed. That idea was cemented as a fact the moment he took Rin to his side; and when he revealed that he was willing to let Tessaiga absorb Tenseiga's power when he was able to trust Inuyasha not to fuck everything up the moment he got it. Overall, he's just tsundere as fuck; and it's really endearing when the rest of his character is taken into account. He almost feels like the background sensei/protagonist that kinda just sits in the background to make sure his brother doesn't die midfight.

Ive said it before but to put bluntly, it's not about actually beating Naraku. It was never about beating Naraku. Yes it was a driving factor, but it was mostly just a nebulous objective to bring the party together to go on adventures every week or month.

You're meant to enjoy it in a here and now sense episodic sense. Sometimes we have a funny comedy episode, sometimes it's a dramatic one or one with romance. Just stop binge watching and it becomes a lot more engaging if you can get into the mindset that it's an episodic show.

and then the band of seven happens

An episodic show can still have multi part story arcs.

KAGOME

Can't believe they rushed the ending with that final season years after the show was irrelevant. Talk about salting the wounds.

Remove everything except the EDs, then create a new show from scratch based entirely on them, ignoring the original series.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLI4CkvKK3Y

>An old soap opera called Passions literally had

Nigga, Passions transcends soap opera.

>Sesshoumaru: MmmMmmMmm Here I am, mysterious and pretty MmmMmmMmm
>Jaken and Rin: DEEERRP FILLER FILLER FILLER LOL RIN IS SO KAWAII ^______________^
>Sesshoumaru: (something about Tetsusaiga, nobody is listening by this point anyway)

MY SIDES