For what reason is a franchise over 10 years old gaining so much popularity just in the past couple months?

For what reason is a franchise over 10 years old gaining so much popularity just in the past couple months?

The success of F/Z, UBW, and most importantly, F/GO

nasu won the holy grail

3 years isn't a couple months

If that was true he would have murdered all other Japanese media creators to make Fate the only franchise.

He basically did use a Holy Grail to wish for Fate to be popular in exchanged for all the appeal and uniqueness that Type-Moon once had.

>past couple months

Because Saber, specifically Artoria, is a literary masterpiece. Quite literally the best character ever written.

But Nasu said she isn't written very well because at the time he was a terrible writer.

He still is

Never said the opposite my dude.
Just remembering one of his interviews.

Because a free mobage can reach a wider audience than any other platform save PC, and that’s just the facts.

First Urobuchi then Mobage

The holy grail is not omnipotent.

i only watched the 2006 Fsn and now watching last encore, which other fate has the best fanservice?

No, but it can kill everyone else in Japan pretty easily.
Did you even pay attention to the VN user?

>Ask my normie friend to come see H/F with me just because I don't want to watch it in theaters alone
>He joins
>Seems to like it, but I have to keep filling him out on the shit he's missed prior
>He still seems to like it
>Asks me how to download the VN
>wat.exe
>He's now just finished the Fate route
Well shit.

I know this is entry level garbage, but I didn't expect him to take to it.

>popularity
>month later and still no subs
pick one

>just in the past couple months?
FGO is like 2 years old.
Fate popularity is nowhere near a recent thing. Stop living under a rock.

even moeshit gets subs faster

It didn't really take off until recently though. Both in Japan until early this year and in the west with the English release.

>danbooru
>Fate series in total, 93k pics
>Of those, F/SN is only 25k. F/GO is 41k
>F/SN is 14 years old, F/GO maybe 2

F/Z started it,UBW promoted it and FGO sealed it

Dude Fate has been big since the Zero anime in Fall 2011.

Well, with over a hundred characters in FGO (in oposition to the ~20 of the VN) there is more to people to latch on to draw fanart.

TYPE-MOON stuff has always been popular on Sup Forums and Fate/Grand Order made a BILLION dollars last year

Wow it's almost like if FGO came out right in the middle of the age of social media and therefore creating art and uploading it and sharing it is easier than ever!

>134k on Sankaku
>41k from F/SN
>74k from F/GO
>Mashu is second only to Saber and Rin, followed closely by Jeanne and Nero
>There's more art of Gudako than Shirou

F/GO is orders of magnitude more popular than the VN ever dreamed of being, and has dozens of characters who are visually appealing if nothing else.
Abigail Williams was released just a few months ago and already has over half as much fanart as Sakura and Illya.

Fuck you Nasu, where's my Tsukihime remake!?

Hes gotta watch something in his spare time man

>Grand Order designs
>Visually appealing

"dozens" might have been an overstatement but my point stands

Are you retarded?

Is that what killing bites is?

Because the true heroine and best girl Sakura is finally getting her anime and time in the spotlight.

You are really talking out of your ass

fatefags

>Best girl Sakura
So damn close.

>Mashu is more popular than Sakura
What's the point of Sakura anymore if a superior kouhai exists now?

Onahole

Even Illya has more art.
Isn't it sad, Sakura?

That's just because FGO where Mashu is a main character and Sakura barely even is represented is more popular than FSN, though. FGOfags=/=FSNfags.
That's just because Ilya is in two different series, leading to her getting fanart from two completely different fanbases. We know that Sakura is far more popular.

Prisma Illya

lets see who gets the joke

>Mashu is more popular than Sakura

You are quoting who? Even the japs don't like Mashu retard.

>Source my ass

Mashu has more fanart

>Quite literally the best character ever written.

It's that interview he talks about whatever his heroines are emotionally strong or not. He says he ended up using the narration to constantly remind the readers that Saber was a girl and that ended up more passive than he intended.
Tsukikan probably has this interview (it's from around Fate/Zero's Blu-Ray release I think)

>Evil British
>Any interest in making rebellious colony anything but a hunk of cinder

>Interview
Its right there user

Where is it said that Saber wasn't written very well and he was a terrible writer. Nasu only talked about how back then he had to force himself to remember that Saber was a girl (because of who the original Saber was), how that affected his writing and how he can do better today (now that Saber 's character is fully estabilished)

>Where is it said that Saber wasn't written very well and he was a terrible writer.

There is supposed to have been a "?" at the end here, anyway, here is the rest of what they say regarding Saber, that people omit because of shitposting purposes

>Urobuchi: It isn't a relationship fueled by instinct like the relationship between a man and a woman, but a romance of logic between two people who need each other from the heart. I think the Saber route could have been told as a story through the ancient Greek views on love. That's what makes Saber's story so refreshing, and why she's become such a popular character. On the other hand, I think the true heroine of Fate/stay night is Rin. In the Rin route, an equal relationship with a woman who's become stronger than men is depicted. Rin and Shirou mend each other's weaknesses with their own unique strengths, and I think it makes for a very nice relationship.

Thanks, user posted it while I was writing my post and I didn't see it.

muh netflix original stream locking

Though UBW and Zero were still on it for ages

Urobuchi is a sick edgy fuck who unironcally believes Saber Lily should be a Saber under Medea's control and considers Dark Sakura as his ideal girl.
Anything he says is retarded, Nasu is the same for agreeing with him.

VNs are for normalfags now thanks to doki doki undertale club and videogames being too hard for non autists

I'm not seeing what you said here anywhere, user.

>in the past couple of months
Fucking what.

>Saber Lily should be a Saber under Medea's control
Wasn't that the original concept in the material for Fate/unlimited codes? I don't think Urobutcher had anything to do with that.

>Rin
>true heroine
There are two correct answers, and yet he somehow managed to pick the one incorrect one.

This was back when "Saber Lily" was nothing but the normal Seiba in a white dress. It was just meant to be a costume in the fighting game. Everyone had a bizarre obsession with giving an explanation for that costume for some reason. "She's Saber from an alternate universe where she willingly became Medea's servant" was one of the better ones. A hell of a lot better than "Lily just means younger" shit we got when FGO launched.

In Fate/Unlimited Codes, it was just a dress with no lore behind it. Takeuchi said he based it loosely on the dress Saber worse in the torture scene, though.

>A hell of a lot better than "Lily just means younger" shit we got when FGO launched.
Surely you jest.

It's the height of TM popularity, and of course there is better more consistent art than 10 years ago.

The pure fact is that now, with the HF movies and Sakura getting a new, unique set of outfits in them, see has been getting a huge resurgence of art, along with the thousands she has over the years. Meaning she'll just get lots more as TM continues to gain popularity.

If your point is that Sakura is on the way out, it's a mistaken one, given how enduring Sakura's popularity has been over 13 years and only growing. If you notice, regardless of how many new characters are added, main heroines of FSN are very much high up. In a company of hundreds of characters now, that is impressive.

>he can do better today
Nasu should make a remake of Fate and release it before Tsukihime for added suffering.

It's even worse than that. Nasu, Takeuchi, and Urobuchi joked one day about loli dark Sakura (though when Butcher tried to do that for realsies in the original Zero manuscript, Nasu got pissed).

That day, Butcher told Nasu and Takeuchi about his dream that Dark Sakura rules hell with Todd McFarlene's Spawn as his bride.

And when Urobuchi saw Takeuchi draw Tohsaka Sakura for the first time, he told Takeuchi that he got a boner about how he would break this cute genki girl in Zero. Not even kidding.

The man is sick in the head indeed.

FGO...seriously mobage BS for better or for worse exponentially increased its fanbase.

You can't just count on danbooru, because a lot of Sakura art is on twitter that never makes it on the boorus for various reasons, same with stuff on pixiv. Lots of artists request their stuff taken down as well.

As a fanart collector, I can say quite a few never see the light of day. For example, if you are a fan of Monogatari, there is a Hanekawa/Black Hanekawa x Senjougahara yuri comic that had supreme art, but I regret to this day never saving it, before the artist took it down.

For that matter lots of art just slips through the cracks. It just happens. If you had every piece of good Sakura art on the boorus, she'd have a fair bit more than you see on danbooru.

>I feel like I could have written a lot better now

Does Nasu even write anything these days?

He's still writing for Grand Order

>show'em who's boss

Yeah, all the good parts of FGO

Today I got both Astolfo and Amakusa Shiro on Fate GO. Feels good man

They animated the UBW route to see whether the audience still existed, and it was successful so they took the chance and made a gacha phone game. The rest is history. Rich, rich, history.

Try the last sentence?

>Slutfox is still the best for artsmeme
>Memlin is still the best for bustermeme

I don't care who is better than who, I just want to get the characters I like. I'll probably drop the game once I roll Nero.