Does anyone else sometimes get an existential crisis when watching slice of life anime?

Does anyone else sometimes get an existential crisis when watching slice of life anime?
It's like their life is so meaningless and they never get anything done
All they do is visit the shrine / beach and then have to decide between haunted house or maid cafe and then that is pretty much their whole life......

I get an existential crisis whenever I wake up.

Yes.

That's what I felt when I watched K-On for the first time at 22.

>their whole life
No, that's the HIGHLIGHT of their life. The rest of the time they are studying. When they get older they are eating shit working corporate jobs in Japan, or staying at home managing the house for a husband who's too busy to be around. The whole time they reminisce about the time they went to the shrine and the beach in high school, and wish they could go back to that life.

Did you watch it when it first came out? It's rare to find people on Sup Forums older than me. I was 21 for season 1 and 22-23 for season 2.

I watched it last year, started getting into cgdct afterwards. Was it your first cgdct? Got any better on repeat viewing?

not just slice of life, literally any genre makes me feel worthless

God no.

That only happens between anime marathons when I have time to think about real life.

That's the life of people since ancient times

Depends on the SoL. You're average SoL won't make you look back on how much of a failure in life you are, while some of them can either give you a better appreciation of life or make you want to kill yourself

And what fulfilling things do you do in comparison user?

Most SoLs bring me to bitter tears because I'm seeing a story of people leading happy, fulfilling lives with their dear friends which reminds me of the empty, aimless life I lead.
Needles to say, I can't bring myself to watch them anymore.

Shoo shoo Adam smith

This is a Marxist board

It's pointless to think existentially over what is essentially just entertainment created by humans, and just simple SoL at that, its not like Blame! or anything serious and weighty, its just casual SoL and thats all it needs to be, it doesn't need to fit into reality because it is the escape from reality therefore the characters and situations can be as far from reality, as laid back and as casual as the author/director wishes.

As for the onsen, cafes, beach, shrine thats just repetitive tropes and recurring themes you've noticed because damn near every SoL show includes them to some extent and many of those are copying the most successful shows like Azumanga Daioh and are afraid to branch out and try new things/settings/scenarios and stick with the familiar and now "cliche"

One show this season that at least tries new things, new settings, new scenarios and new path of SoL is Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, you might enjoy that OP as a breath of fresh air.

Are you scared because they still get more done then you?

SoL are just mundane experiences, I don't see why they would give a different feeling than entertainment or boredom. Being happy happy is the way to have a meaningful life.

I think K-On was my second, actually. I watched Lucky Star the May of 2009, then picked up K-On in June towards the end of the first season.

I actually haven't ever rewatched K-On. I should, I have no memory at all of season one aside from the scene where Mio flashes her pantsu. I do relisten to the songs sometimes, though. Tenshi ni Fureta yo is one of my all-time favorite anime scenes ever.

I'm scared to rewatch it because I'm afraid it won't be as good as I first saw it.
Feel that way about certain movies like The Master and There Will be Blood. K-On is in that category of anime, a work of art that can't be reciprocated. The closest an anime has gotten better than that or is in equal standing is Non Non Biyori. Haven't seen Gochuumon or Colors yet, so it may have a contender.

I haven't fallen for the forced stay busy jew, so no.

Watch Koe no Katachi. That's a slice of life where no-one is happy.

The only existential crisis SoL shows (more specifically CGDCT ones) give me is that they make me wish i had been born a cute girl

>aoba looks like a child
>but aoba has a job
>but aoba spends her very first salary to buy a cake to thank her parents
>but aoba have good relations with her colleagues
>tfw aoba is more of an adult than me right now
everytime i watch new game i am reminded of how much of a piece of shit i am