Is this as good as it gets?

is this as good as it gets?

No.

Watch Rahxephon, it's literally superior in every single way except music.

Sadly, yes.

Thank god it isn't, it's trash

and Rahxephon is even worse except for its animation. It's all babble, zero substance

Wrong. The music was reeeeeetarded. The plot ate itself and turned super gay. Music music blah blah Aztec shit who cares.

It's pretty close, many would say Cowboy Bebop is better.

don't listen to those faggots, it's really good but... it is a mindfuck, of massive proportions
if you can survive and understand it you'll enjoy it

exactly how i feel

For idiots like yourself, sure.

This. I watched NGE when I was 15. Now I'm 30 and I didnt see anything better. Berserk was close but manga is way too long.

>t. haven't watched more than 5 anime

Trying to hard to be smart and has no charm... It's decent but no where as good as many people on Sup Forums say...

"No."

Its eva with music so its shit

It was after Bebop I watched NGE. Literally my favorite and least favorite shows of all time.

>robot mandrama
>intelligent

it was just a repeat of devilman just like how madoka pretty much ripped off devilman again

Anno was inspired by Space Runway Ideon, i thought both anime were great

Yes, but only if you're a true connoisseur of anime. You need at least 300 finished shows and a deep understanding of the history and evolution of the mecha genre to fully appreciate Eva. The problem is that it ends up on a lot of "le recommended anime" charts without the proper context, so newfags such as yourself watch it as one of their first shows and misinterpret it as pretentious.

It's the fedora of anime

More kino Mecha
Giant Robo:the animation
Gurren Lagann
Gunbuster
Eureka Seven
Rahxephon

The Big O

Both of them just were inspired by Clarke's Childhood's End.

I'm really starting to think that "Eva is the fedora of anime" "Eva is the Rick and Morty of anime" and all its variants are the actual fedora of anime.

*tips fedora*