This show went from a potentially interesting philosophical discussion about sexuality, humanity...

This show went from a potentially interesting philosophical discussion about sexuality, humanity, and relationships in the context of a post-apocalyptic mech series and has become a show almost completely about fan service.

I mean... I was sort of hoping for the throwbacks to Eva to be a bit more 1:1 with a lot of surreal post-modern dialogue and imagery but fuck it beach episode time. I'm not gonna stop watching but I was definitely hoping for a direction that I'm starting to think we're not gonna get in the end.

The only reasons to watch this show are extremely shallow ones, like watching Ichigo get bullied and hearing Zero Two say darling over and over.

>Ellipsis
Are you not from around here?

This is a 24 episode anime, we haven't even reach mid point, this show can go anywhere.
Asuka wasn't a thing until episode 9.
>pic related

Kill yourself.

>he thought it was gonna be another Eva

>PV had scenes of potential character interaction/drama and hints of explanation of the post apocalyptic state the world is in.
>WOAHH IT'S A BEACH EPISODE THEREFORE IT IS BAD EVEN THOUGH I ONLY WATCH HALF A MINUTE OF DISJOINTED FOOTAGE OF A 23-MINUTE EPISODE

It's about sexy dinosaurs that fuck your childhood friend

>and has become a show almost completely about fan service.
It was almost always was about fanservice

Welcome to Julassic ParkXX

Mods. How come Franx threads get to have multiple threads? Delete them and ban the thread creators. Keep only one up until it sages.

Why would you think that? Look how they pilot the robots. Look at the the robot's faces. Look at the name of the series. It's a good series thus far, and I'm enjoying it, but it was never going to be a 2nd Eva.

no

>but it was never going to be a 2nd Eva
Already exist, it's RahXephon.

Cool

>and has become a show almost completely about fan service.

Come on now.

>DEEPfags getting blown the fuck out in the same season kyoanus lickers get their ass handed to them
Anime is fucking saved.

It's an Eva clone, not a 2nd Eva in the sense of creativity.

>watches derivative fake Evangelion
>expects good things

Why did you even think this would be any good? I dropped it halfway through the first episode. It was that bad.

And Eva was creative? Anno just copied a bunch of shit from Ultraman, Ideon and Devilman.

Aw man, I hate Franxx now!

>complaining about beach episode
>while ignoring poitless synchrone dance Eva episode
double standarts

It's not over yet. 002 is evil af, you will see it

This anime season is great.

Begone unbeliever.

>poitless

Sup Forums doesn't have generals you crossboarder, you can have several threads about a single show as long as it isn't spamming

>wanting generals

Is this what's HIP and TRENDY with the newfags noways?

she will betray Hiro at some point, but then she will regret it and save him, it's cliché writing at its finest