Holy Grail war is dumb

Holy Grail war is dumb

That's the point, yes

And no one except like two characters know what the grail is supossed to be used for

If it works, it's not dumb.

But it never works

It killed at least hundreds of people, it kinda works.
Just not the right ones.

oh it works for its intended purpose, but servants and their masters misunderstand its intended purpose

Chink cartoons are dumb

EMIYA knows that more then anyone, seeing as how he's been summoned to fight in them a lot and was sent to deal with the fallout from a a fucked up and a "successful"grail war.

Its' why he's never once been serious about fighting in any of them. He knows what will happen if someone wins it, knows exactly what it is and how it was created and knows that he'll have to clean that shit up.

What even starts a grail war? Some bored magicians that just want an excuse to kill each other?

It's mostly people forgetting why it even exists, as in, it shouldn't last more than 10 minutes if done well.

It works great when it's not run by a bunch of bumbling fucktards like the Einzberns

Some psycho magicians who want a shortcut to ultimate power and are willing to stake the lives of hundreds of innocents on it.

>works great
>no 3rd magic easily available

The grail was broken from conception user.
It only works in happy alternate timelines with pseudo grails that do exactly what the real grail is supposed to do.

No, it was fine at the point of conception. It was broken during the 3rd war when the Einzberns decided summoning the God of Evil was a great idea.

Einzberts goes full retards like this user said then Matou & Tohsaka families agrees with it

Could you use orphans? I mean whose gonna notice they're missing.

>Holy Grail "war"
>Only 7 Participants
Kiritsugu are right, Magus are bunch of retards,

Nope. It can assist you as a Master, sure, but it won't access the origin through wanton slaughter. Bazdilot has precisely 24976 murders converted into raw magical energy crystals and he considered that to be better put to use powering his Servant in a grail war.

Shirou doesn't give a shit about the Root.

>happy alternate timelines with pseudo grails
That's the same Greater Grail that the Einzberns used. The Ainsworths were just using Miyu instead of Justeaze.
There was nothing wrong with Fuyuki Grail until the Einzberns fucked it up with Angra Mainyu.

Not giving a shit about the root doens't mean the whole purpouse of the war is to get to it, anything else is an utter failure.
This is why HF was a success in that regard, both second and third magic appear.

The value of Gilgamesh's soul as a Servant is compared to hundreds of thousands of humans.

Even then, the Servants' souls are basically just used as a blasting cap to trigger the real ritual, which (when performed as intended) weaponizes the enormous wellspring of mana that is the Greater Grail to force open a path to the Root. Gathering that kind of power from modern humanity would require genocide.

Dude, the grail is said to grant the wish of anyone who wins in the war.
No one ever says that it requires the sacrifice of thousands of lives. Or the fact that there is no fucking wish. Just a magical boost for monsterous asshole wizards.

The grail is a lie.
Emiya (if I'm recalling correctily) is the one who ended the one grail war that went completely off the rails in a single night.

>The grail is a lie.
>I watched Fate/Zero and think I know what I'm talking about
The only sacrifice the Grail requires to function is the seven Servants, and even then that's only strictly necessary in order to fulfill its intended purpose of opening a path to the Root. It was designed to fulfill the greatest wish of the Einzberns, but it is fundamentally a "wish-granting machine" more than capable of realizing lesser wishes than recreating the Third Magic. Such as the wish "become All Evils of the World" that Angra Mainyu delivered to it.
If the Grail was never corrupted, it could have been used to perform any feat of magecraft that was asked of it.

Reminder that the Counter Force actually deploys if it looks like the Einzbern might win the Grail.

Why even bother? It's not like they didn't have the 3rd magic before.

Well yeah Angry Manjew is an artificial pseudo-Beast, not like Alaya is ever going to let that thing wake up.

Because after the 3rd Holy Grail War, the completion of the Grail means the incarnation of Angra Mainyu, "Six Billion Curses" that represent a threat to humanity comparable to "the spider and the dog."

Bunch of buzzkills, at least they had no reason to appear in HF, Sakura was going to blow herself up with her 'servant'.

If the Einzberns had the Third Magic a thousand years ago, I'm pretty surprised Nasu has never said anything about any perfect immortal Magic ghosts still being around in the present. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Nasu is a hack.

>zerolets

The grail was never fine in the first place. The whole "grant your wish" thing is bullshit, all it does is cache the dead heroic spirit souls, convert it into mana then use it to feed the greater grail, a Third Magic capable mystic code. The only time it "grant" your wish is that if you A. want to use the third (to reach the root, or just become immortal) or B. have the mean to use the large amount of mana stored in the lesser grail to grant your wish yourself. Its like having a near limitless inheritance, you can buy/fund whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you can suddenly break the speed of light.

"B" is perfectly fine there for nearly all heroes and magi. Most of them are not stupid enough to ask for the impossible.

So basically Fuyuki Greater grail is an infinite supply of Mana (but tainted by Angra in 3rd War), right ?

Yes, but its power is kinda focused on third magic stuff, servants in general are just that.

It's not infinite, it's just enormous and will naturally replenish itself over time as power flows through the planet. It's the focal point of Fuyuki's leylines, like a magma chamber of mana.

Well Sakura ends up hooked up to something akin to the Elemental Plane of Water post HF. Except replace water with mana.

Which makes me wonder why Rin would try to give her an admission letter to the Clock Tower. It's like trying to dangle the tastiest slab of steak in a cage of malnourished famished dogs. She has mana constantly radiating at all times, so it'd be impossible to hide. Did she want Rider to start choking magi bitches? Because with how the people there would salivate at her baby sister, Medusa would be choking a lot of bitches.

>why Rin would try to give her an admission letter to the Clock Tower
She's a magus and is mostly utilitarian, also would mean having Shirou closer.

What happen to he end of Heaven's Feel ? i forgot the timeskip part, i remember Rin want to do some similar thing like Grail War again since they are Invincible but decided to drop it.

The Ainsworth’s found their own way to access heroic spirits, so they didn’t need the third magic. The way the grail works is that it collects a bunch of mana from the leyline, it allows masters to summon servants and fight their war, and then the heroic spirits mana fills the grail. It’s basically a transformer for normal mana to heroic spirit mana.

No yer dum

>Alturia slithers into my bed like a sea snake, finding my legs and gliding around them like coral
>Her touch feels so good I want to vomit
>“Are you ready?” She asks me.
>Of course I’m ready. I never hesitated when the king called a charge.
>She ensnares me like a mollusk, her tongue undulating over my skin.
>My mind breaks like a coconut being crushed in the jaws of a shark.
>A shark.
>Her tongue explores me like a cavefish, finding my hidden grotto.
>A SHARK.
>Volcanic heated water turns the air into a sizzling inferno.
>shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark
>…
>LIKE A MOLLUSK TRAPPED IN SEAWEED

>shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark shark

Practically 0 of the combatants in the VN care about the wish aspect at all for some asinine reason. It tries to milk melodrama out of a premise that already has no stakes. It's a really shit story.

The best part is how after so many years and new masters/servants 90% of them still don't have a wish and fight for basically "I dunno, the HGW and the holy grail look pretty cool"
I know that the wishes part was a lie but jesus fuck they could have at least gave them one

>fight for basically "I dunno, the HGW and the holy grail look pretty cool"
Not even that. Magic association straight up just sends Bazett there because she's useless otherwise, treating the assignment as a joke. By the 5th war every respectable mage understands that it's a rigged shit ritual that fell apart constantly over the course of centuries.

Yeah, the only partecipants that believe in all-powerful wish-granting cups are the stupid ones, like Shinji. Go figure.

Holy grail war? more like Holy Grail FRAUD

Sakura was smart to just say no thanks and train with Dilo. Having a kind father figure who cared about whether you learn is better than training with bums who just want to take advantage of your powers and Heroic Spirit.

Plus she can help Shirou train with her dimensional powers if someone actually helps her cultivate them more. Dilo seems to be the only person that ever bothered to actually teach her.

Probably because for most intelligent resonable people, killing others for a wish is a dumb idea. Even more so to have a battle in the middle of a metropolitan area is also dumb.

Which is why only the people who are up their own butts about prestige or are greedy even care about fighting at all.

Shirou and Sakura are the only ones who really give no fucks about glory or material gain. Rin is a daddy's girl who is about prestige, but has no wish, Ilya is indoctrinated by the Einzberns.

I want Saber alter to have her own series.