Black Clover

NOOOOOOOOO

GODDAMNIT, how could Orochimaru get away like this after the third hokage had to sacrifice his life for his village?

wait what the fuck he's dying? Who beat him?

Honestly this chapter should have shown him dead on the ground. At this rate another ass pull is incoming.

Orochimaru

What a twist!

Licht cheated and sucker punched him.

Vengeance turning out to be Licht is one of the cheapest plot twists in the history of manga.

Everyone had figured out that Vengeance was Licht so the author had him remove his helmet so people would speculate about someone else and finally he ends up being Licht due to some shitty body sharing technique. It can't get worse.

>another ass pull is incoming.
There has to be a previous one for this to be another one.

>not appreciating Tabata's satire and deconstruction of the shounen genre
It's so cliche it surprises us.

>28

He looks like he's 40.

>Liar is somehow alive

I don't read the manga but I saw someone mention that an elf tribe leader wielded the anti-magic blade? But somehow Julius still can't? Are we going to get an explanation for why someone with magic could use the blade, or who originally made the anti-magic blades?

To be fair, they had already established the elves were possessing humans.

One of the only characters I liked in this manga died sigh.

thats what smoking and drinking does to you

>an elf tribe leader wielded the anti-magic blade? But somehow Julius still can't?
anyone can wield the blades, it's just gonna suck mana from them all the time. The elf tribe leader has a shit ton of mana so the amount it's sucking might not be a big deal to him.

F

>I'm 28
Fucking refugees

For once I wouldn't mind an asspull to make Julius survive.

I'd have been okay with it, if this twist hadn't come along with the death of the second best character in this manga

Poor refuge, doesn't know how to count, everyone knows (enter country here) only allows children. He's obviously 12.

So how fucked is Golden Dawn now? Their leader is a confirmed traitor who just killed the Emperor. Can't get any more traitorous than that.

This. Everyone and their mom saw the twist coming. Killing Julius off this early is what's hurting the most.

Your new magic emperor.

>Can't get any more traitorous than that.
sub leader was magic corrupted too, dont forget that

Why does everyone in this manga except Julius and Yami look like such huge faggots?

>Asta trying to talk no jutsu Liar
I hope we end up getting a pragmatic message about talk no jutsu just like we did regardless about what one needs to become Emperor.

Julius would have to go sooner or later if Aster or Juno were to become the magic emperor

>Corrupts his own sub leader
Is Licht literally retarded

Considering no other captain can even properly function, yup she is the best choice.

He was supposed to use his last saved time to heal himself to a weakened state then go into retirement/journey of magic discovery.
Removes him from story, doesn't kill him off, laves it open for him to return.

>Everyone and their mom saw the twist coming
Even after Vengeance removed his face and showed his helmet to Yami?

Honestly, I didn't even care about Vengeance

He can go fuck off for all I care

*removed his helmet and showed his face. Fuck!

He's an elf-lover, of course he is.
I hope that when the elves come they go and buttfuck Licht and his buttbuddies because despite all they're still humans and elves hate humans yes or yes.

Someone is gonna become Magic Emperor now and it sure as hell not gonna be Asta or Yuno, there's no point on removing Julius now considering it'll be at least a good decade before those two are Emperor-tier. He could've just retired normally. It's the same shit except we're down one likable character.

Um, wrong.

Could you imagine this manga with a decade of filler, it would be like Fairy Tail, except even worse. Now it's just neo-Fairy Tail

Or we could have finale time-skip like Naruto.
In fact, after the elves buttrape everything would be the perfect moment for a time-skip.

It was fairly obvious that it was a desperate ruse to keep the plot twist because everyone had already figured it out.

I imagine that Yuno will be made the new captain of the Golden Dawn. It is the next step for him to be Magic Emperor. No way William can come back after setting up Julius' death basically and endangering the kingdom.

It screamed of fake-out. It tried to hard to say that there was nothing with William to make people actually think there was nothing wrong with William.

The actual new magic emperor.

>Golden Dawn
>Existing after this
Pick 1. It's name is tarnished forever, and they can't even keep it under wraps like with Jewfatman.

I Imagine that the name predates William though. They aren't going to change the name out of nowhere.

Who's going to go to the dark side?
Will it be Aster succumbing to his cursed swords, or will it be Yuno and the Golden Dawn's magic stones

I doubt either of them is going to the dark side

Same. Yuno is iffy because he's clearly a muh beloved by mana people but I doubt he'll pull a Sasuke. He has no reason to.

he'll change his mind once he learns about Julius death by their leader

This ain't naruto.

>He's an elf-lover, of course he is.
Licht is an elf. If anything, he used to be a human lover. He married and knocked up the original magic emperor's sister after all.

Hey Erza

Hey Tsunade

Reading this manga it feels like I did Naruto horribly wrong and I never thought I'd say that. Hell even Fairy Tail at least had fanservice as its selling point

Asta is a man

Fucking dirty elf lover had to kill the Emperor.

Anons, Julius isn't still dead. Kingdom medic can still save him. Marx went to search him.

Yes I'm sure the guy who was only written into the story to be replaced at some point won't die

does anyone else think julius' grimoire is one of the coolest fucking things ever? maybe it's not that clever but it just blows me away, the idea of a coverless grimoire, plus the fact that he has time magic. it seems like your grimoire determines the type of magic you can use, which is pretty much decided by whoever the grimoire selects. it doesn't look like anyone gets to choose what kind of mage they become

The grimiore probably picks people that shares the same affinity as it.

>Trusting Marx

the concept/design is really interesting too bad it's going to be wasted since he's dead now.

Yeah. Tabata ripped the idea off from Soul Eater where Shinigami's soul surrounds all of the town. Similarly Chrono's grimoire floats over the entire city instead of him carrying it.

So why is his grimoire all the way up in the air again?

I don't get it, is that just supposed to represent that that he can activate any spell at any time, in any spot in his vicinity? Or can he literally not get close to his own grimoire?

it's pretty cool

how are those 2 related in any way?

We've seen children using their magic types before they have grimoires, it's probably decided at birth.

>Tabata ripped the idea off from Soul Eater where Shinigami's soul surrounds all of the town.

So far we've seen elemental magic, light/dark magic, anti-magic, time magic, spirit magic, and creation magic. Is there any branch of magic that hasn't been revealed yet that would fit thematically?

That is a woman.

Script magic; manipulation of spells. The user can use their mana to commandeer, redirect, or diminish the effect of a spell, even amplifying it with their own mana. As a result, they are incapable of forming their spells, as their grimoire lacks the letters to form one. However, once they seize a spell, they can keep it activated for as long as they want, with the amount of spells they can keep activated increasing with their skill.

F

rip in peace, boruto's dad

Next Naruto they said

Black Clover copies in print update
Vols 1-14 - 5.5 million

I personally wouldn't mind an asspull in this situation

>ripped the idea off

so what, when he got his grimoire was he like "aww i didn't get anything" and then someone was like "bro look outside!!!" being coverless sounds cool, but constantly floating way up in the air for no reason kind of bothers me.

This is so fucking "by the script" that even the asspulls are cliched.

you forgot severing magic. and honestly if that exists then so should bludgeoning magic

>bludgeoning magic
me smash weak mage

YAAAAAAAS QUEEN

Gambatte magic.

Not giving up is my magic!

So who was Liar impersonating?

we need proper word/spoken magic

did he ever say he was the spy, or that there just was a spy?

It was when they beat the purple orca captain and he breaks the 4th wall and says "Which Captain do you think I was impersonating" and was shown transforming out. I hope it's not Dorothy since she hasn't done anything but it will probably will be. Also I'd like to see Yami be nominated to be ME but there will be dispute since he's a foreigner

he was impersonating William at the time because the real William/Licht was injured and sealed after the fight with Yami and the captains. Tabata isn't getting the credit he deserves

Oh fuck, that's a good one dude. Didn't think of that one. so how come Licht's hand is okay now? I thought the time wound was uncurable? I was assuming that whenever they swap souls the injuries would also swap because magic n shit but in the last 3 chapters you can clearly see Licht with his hand fixed.

doesnt notThirdHokage control time? Can he just go back to when he's not dead?

That's some Frodo-ass shit right here

>soul surrounds the entire city while everyone else has theirs within themselves
>grimoire floating on top of city while everyone else has their own with them

He has to store 'time' in order to power it and last chapter he used all of it to stop Licht from killing everyone in the kingdom.

Yeah, I like the concept where the time he gets is from the time he takes from killing people.

>doesnt notThirdHokage control time? Can he just go back to when he's not dead?
Gaara need magic and he used it all

based Gaara protecting his village

yea, I'm not sure why his hand is normal now. Was it ever directly stated that it's incurable?

Death's soul is still with him, he just can expand it to cover the entire city but he can't leave the city. Julius can go around and leave the city just fine. This whole comparison you are trying to pull was already stretching it to the extreme.

Yeah, when he fought Yami he said something along the lines " I still have my uncurable wound from my fight from the magic emperor" and was shown he has an oven mitt on. Maybe the oven mitt made it young again? I mean it's not a curse so it can't be dispelled.

More than just the village

fucking cheater
>if you can't beat him, just threaten to kill the entire kingdom so he wastes all his power