Cardcaptor Sakura Withdrawals

How do you guys cope with having to wait an entire week to watch a new episode of CCS? I seem to be fine the first couple of days after a new episode, but then I get irritated and uncomfortable. Then, on the day the episode is going to come out, I get giddy and excited.

WHAT HAS THIS ANIME DONE TO ME?

Hardest days are wednesday and thursday. Weekend is almost here finally.

IT CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH AT ALL

Honestly, I've been saving up episodes to watch them three at a time.

that sounds painful desu

Nah it's fine.
It's a bigger buildup but it makes for a better release if you get what I'm saying.

Rewatch the first season

Imagine waiting a whole month for a manga chapter

What do you think Sakura will be like when she discover sex?

>WHAT HAS THIS ANIME DONE TO ME?
it turned you into a full blown Otaku, or at least Moe-fan

definitly not lewd

>first you can't stand living without the CCS anime
>then you can't stand living without Sakura
>then you can't stand living without being Sakura

CARDCAPTORS OF THE CLOW

shy

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED NOW

SAKURA IS PURE!

a pure slut

the struggle is real

You what mate

The previous magic circles used cardinal points, the new one uses the 4 elements like the rashinban. I wonder if that is related...

Prolly

I didn't watch it last week so I get to watch 2 episodes.

I really feel you, as for me I just end up rewatching some of my favourite episodes of the original or I reread my fave parts of the manga.

Those stars look the same as the ones on the masked person's robe, it's probably their magic circle.

so akiho is confirmed to be their daughter then

By theirs I meant masked person's magic circle, not Sakura and Syaoran's. I'm not fond of that theory personally, but Akiho could be their daugher, Sakura's mother reincarnation thanks to a CLAMP asspull, alternate universe Sakura or just a nobody.

New ichiban kuji

I've been waiting a month between chapters for CCS and other series so this is nothing.

what are those?

It's not that hard. Nostalgia had me hyped but this show is really not that great unless you're part of the target audience and I'm really getting the feeling I'm not.

Sakura like to make every body happy, including old men

Official art for a lottery with merch prizes

If you watch the original now and like it, you'll like clear card also. If you don't, well, don't blame the anime.

thanks, damn i envy the nips.

Episode 11 title
第11話「さくらのさかさまペンギン」
3月18日 午前7時30分放送

I'm guessing anime original?

Not that user but I watched a few episodes of Clear Card having no prior experience with Cardcaptor and enjoyed it somewhat, but when I started watching the original I ended up liking that much much more and getting bored with Clear Card.

You can just imagine it

> Syaoran jerking off
> accidentally a flaming sword

The original was part shoujo and part action. Clear Card is almost entirely shoujo.

I really hate how this new show looks, shitty lifeless bloom filters to hide the fact that the animation is bad and poorly drawn.

You can blame Violent Memegarden for this tendency. It's a fad that will eventually pass, just like how bloom filter was for vidyagaemz.

You just made a mess because you started with the sequel first

I-it's not gay imaging Syaoran jerking off is it lads?

They have a lot of merch to choose from for sure.

A MYSTIC ADVENTURE

Original Fly with wings on the staff, Sakura card Fly with wings attached on the back or excitable ribbon Flight?

All Clow cards got a star-shaped redesign when converted to Sakura cards in the manga. I wonder why they didn't follow this pattern in the anime.

second, but i like the new one also. I hope there's nightime flying in the city scene soon. They're comfy.

Read the manga. That's what anime is going to look like from now on.

Post cute Sakuras

I just started episode 1 today, fearing it would be shit. But I haven't anything else to watch right now.

Was Rika removed in the first 3 minutes to side step the whole hot for teacher plotline from the comics?

How different is the manga from the anime thus far?

yes

The weird thing is she wasn't even cut out. In the manga she appears but the teacher plot doesn't but Rika's VA also died so I figured they just cut her character entirely but they have Sakura talk on the phone with her in a later episode with a new VA. It's really weird.

>Sakura meets Syaoran while going to school in the manga while it happens coming back from school in the anime
>Gravitation doesn't exist in the manga
>Record's capture was completely changed
>most of Flight's capture was additional footage in the anime while it was really quick in the manga
>for instance there was nothing about Tomoyo having a drone in the manga
>some other misc scene rearrangements

Oh and

>Meiling exists

SOON

NEW EPISODE TOMORROW

Plus new chapter next week.

is Sup Forums watching this live in any stream?

So, Toya knows about all this magic shit, gave up his latebt magic powers to save Sakura, and Sakura still doesn't knkw and Toya still plays dumb?

She knows Toya gave up his powers. I don't know why she insists on keeping everything a secret from him.

I don't think there are any streams, apparently because it's airing on a premium channel. The most we get before the ripped raws are screenshots posted on Twitter.

She knows that he knows, she probably hasn't talked with him because she thinks he's gonna mock her to death

I was refreshing my knowledge of this show hecause it had been so long since I read it.

Where did I miss the revelation that Sakura's dad is half a reincarnation of Clow Reed? And does that explain why the Kinomotos are magic?

And was it ever explained why Clow Reed made the cards in the first place? Shits and giggles?

That was manga only info. And it only happened when Eriol split his magic at the end of the manga. He's not a reincarnation, he just has half of Clow Reed's magic basically. I know that the Li family are descendants of Clow but I'm not sure about the Kinomoto family.

Clow was a magician so his magic was done through the cards he made. Some of them were made for shits and giggles though, like the bubble card. But I'm sure most of the cards were made just for magical reasons he needed throughout life.

>He's not a reincarnation, he just has half of Clow Reed's magic basically. I know that the Li family are descendants of Clow but I'm not sure about the Kinomoto family.
No, he is a reincarnation. Clow's soul split in two people: Eriol and Fujitaka, except Eriol also got Clow's memories and powers, so at the end Sakura rectified this by giving her father half of Clow's/Eriol's magic to fulfill Eriol's wish of not wanting to be the strongest magician in the world.

>He's not a reincarnation
Yes he is, Clow split his soul in two, Eriol was the only that retained both the magic and the memories.

Huh, I didn't catch that. Only that half of Eriol's magic was given to him at the end. Interesting. So I wonder if that is a major factor in Toya and Sakura having magic powers.

Like, the original.manga? Because I will have to go down to the basement and confirm that, I completely.missed or forgot that all somehow.

Never mind, it has been a decade since I read them. Flipping through vol. 11 saw it.

So why is Fujitaka like 35 and Eriol 12 then?

>Hardly even remember the original series
>Remember it wasn't on ITV because of 9/11 and I was pissed though
Is it worth watching from the beginning? My memory is real hazy

Eriol stopped his growth.

Yeah, it's good. If you don't want to watch 70 episodes you could read the manga and you'll get through that quicker.

Eriol is also old, he just stopped growing so he could be classmates with Sakura.

>So I wonder if that is a major factor in Toya and Sakura having magic powers.
It is, spiritually speaking Sakura is like Clow's daughter and that's why Clow chose her as his successor and why Eriol cares so much for her. Also Nadeshiko had some kind of powers too.

They're both 40+ years old, Eriol just stopped his growth to be close to Sakura. Suppie a cute.

I went 15 years without more CCS. Waiting a week isn't hard.

>And was it ever explained why Clow Reed made the cards in the first place? Shits and giggles?
He said he poured all of his heart into making the cards and Yue/Kero, they were his companions.

Because no humans wanted to be around him. Clow was a crazy old coot.

>They're both 40+ years old, Eriol just stopped his growth to be close to Sakura.

That just raises the question about Eriol's parents. And what happens when a child starts having memories of someone else to the point their identity disappears

Eriol never talks about his parents but I remember that Fujitaka said he has no one in his family and that's why he wanted to have a relationship with his wife's family, probably Eriol is the same, except he had a hundred of years of memories in his head ever since he was born.

Not to mention he also trapped his waifu Yuuko in a life/death kind of in between state

clow is watanuki

Say something to this cute kaiju

Goddamn I love Suppie so much

>there was nothing about Tomoyo having a drone in the manga
Her mom's company landed a contract with Lockheed-Martin in the anime continuity.

I love broccoli.

Her bento is just so so

Never been a merch kind of guy but this series is just too good. Have all the Figmas too.

nice, i'm thinking of getting sth too. dunno where to start though.

>saw the clow cards for sale back in 2001
>didn't pick them up
>been trying to find them ever since
>saw them in a store but they said "Cardcaptors" on them, so they must be from an American knock off company
>can't trust the ones I see on Amazon and Ebay because they could be Hong Kong ripoffs

Yeah Clow Cards are tricky, millions of knock offs out there. The one I have pictured is the Nakayoshi 60th Anniversary edition from Kodansha from 2015 which I imported. It's very nice, card quality is sturdy and crisp. There is a newer version out which interacts the newer toys which I've seen pop up a few times online.

Suppie is a troll

The D is coming

for you

So how did Clow even use this card again? His staff doesn't have wings whatsoever.