Do you prefer anime or manga?

Do you prefer anime or manga?

Typically manga. It's very rare for an adaptation to be remarkable in any way.

Manga. I only really watch original anime and even that's not common. Sometimes an adaptation of something I like just to see some scenes animated.

have to gon with anime on this one

1999 anime.

Manga. Basically

In general Manga, I read much more than I watch and I typically don't watch adaptations unless they're really good. I can't stand watching events I've already read unless the animation or direction is a notable reason to watch.

Manga but honestly only because it's quicker than watching anime.

Anime.

Sure, the manga is 2% better but it's only 2%.

I prefer manhuas.

manga
Much quicker to get through and parts with bad art are easier to forgive. In animated form its much more jarring

Anime always. I just hate reading black and white drawings. It's also just easier and more relaxing to watch anime. Only reason I would read manga over anime is rare occasions I am REALLY into the story and can't wait for the anime to catch up.

I would even tolerate one piece's anime if it was on pace with the manga

Manga unless it's action stuff
I don't get excited reading fight scenes for some reason

(OP)
I'd say its 70/30 anime to manga right now but I'm starting to read more than watch.

Basically this, with manga I can follow my own pace

Call me a faggot, but whichever is more popular for the specific story. This also extends to VNs, and I'm very glad I read Steins;Gate before watching it. Very rarely do I "regress" to the manga after finishing the anime when there's still a possibility for the anime to continue, like with BnHA and MiA, I'm waiting for the next season.

Faggot.

>2%
I think it's more like 50% or more better.

Faggot.

>Not a single one has said novel

The absolute state of light novels.

CA anime > CA manga > Rest of the manga > Rest of the anime

Soyboy cucklet

anime. but I realize for the full story you have to read the manga, so I usually end up reading after watching.

pic related is far more enjoyable as an animated series, with the cringe really shining when seen in motion, but the only way to continue the story is through the manga. damn shame because I've watched this shit at least 3-4 times, wishing it would get a season 2.

Manga

Anime is consistent and well paced, almost nothing to dislike.
I wish it had more original style like '99 not this generic bright palette and meh frame composition.

Manga

Tons of manga not adapted
>Vagabond

and when they are it's shit
>Berserk

Art is better in manga with a real 2d style and not moeshit animations
>Souma or tlr

It's quicker to read, i find it more dynamic too
The sole problem is manga don't have ost but it's still ok

CA anime sucked.

Manga most of the time. Then anime, funny thing is most anime I like is original content while the anime I watched as an adaptation often sucks.

Almost always manga, you posted a rare exception.

I actually hate Watamote anime, from the OP to the seiyuis. To me the manga delivers everything better.

I gave up on watching old manga adaptations because they are so fucking slow, adapting less than 2 chapters per episode is a sin.

Mostly manga but sometimes an anime adaptation can do better than the original manga.

HxH? Neither, is overrated thrash
General? Manga

What exactly makes it trash?

Both. It depends honestly.

popularity

Too deep and complex for my low IQ

Depends on how tropey the manga is. Now that I've seen enough anime that I can isert fitting voices for most character types I don't usually miss voiceacting that much, but lack of music is a real minus and hard to compensate for. So I'd still go with anime provided it's competently made (e.g. not NuBerserk).

How do manga readers handle music here? Just grab some from similar anime?

Either. Whichever tells the story better.

>How do manga readers handle music here? Just grab some from similar anime?
As a manga purist, I don't image any music for scenes.
A good manga has enough atmosphere that the thought of music being necessary will never even cross your mind.

why does lanklet have an entire different facial expression in each of them?

This. I'll watch my absolutely favourites in anime, but generally speaking I can keep up with much more manga than anime.

What's a "manga"?

Generally prefer manga, but if there's an anime adaptation of a series that covers the whole thing and doesn't do a bad job of it I likely won't read the manga. There's not really much of a choice for most series since they'll either likely never get an adaptation (like pic related), or the adaptation will only partially cover the source material.

anime

>colour
>movement
>sound

theres a lot more to like

>colour
I'll give you that

>movement
shitty clunky movement, no thanks, I have standards.

>sound
eh, sound can also easily ruin a lot of shit, comics leave a lot to the imagination, allowing you to mold certain aspects of the story to your linking. I've read manga that I enjoyed and then watched the same scene in the anime and with added sound effects and silly shit to it it has a completely different mood or atmosphere than what I originally imagined when I read it.

Manga for the most part. Especially for battle shounen the pacing is much faster and you don't have to deal with Filler. Some moe sol shows work better as an anime though.

Anime.
I fucking hate reading, and sometimes I read the panels out of order and fuck myself. The rule is, if Sup Forums disagrees with normies on something, the normies are probably right.

Let me guess, you read subtitles don't you?

> if Sup Forums disagrees with normies on something, the normies are probably right.

Sounds like you need to leave and chill with normies there friend.

Yep. But the emotion is conveyed in the VA's tone, and other things are conveyed to me more conveniently with music and localized wording, etc. If the dub is good, I always prefer the dub. But that is rare.

togashi will go to an asylum soon

Leo-rio sounds so much better than Le-orio.

Manga.

Anime.
It's just manga but with voice actors, music and actual animation.

well yeah but it's bad music and bad animation.

>It's just manga but with voice actors, music and actual animation.
This isn't true at all. There's lots of manga that have never and will never be adapted and also lots that have awful adaptations that more often than should happen end with a shitty original ending or don't have an ending at all because they were canceled.

Not to mention that the animation is often garbage and this isn't even a modern thing. Voice acting and music don't add anything as far as I'm concerned.

That's why I watch original Anime most of the time.

Original anime also has shit animation unless it's an OVA or movie.

Anime, I just find it more enjoyable with VA's and really good soundtracks backing important scenes.

If the anime is really good I'll pick the manga up, Also picking manga up and then suddenly translations stop out of nowhere is just irritating.

Yeah, there's a big issue with manga not getting scanlations which sucks when it happens. It's affected me a lot. And western manga companies aren't helping get translations at all.

Shit animation is better than none.
I don't read much manga, but I've recently read Made in Abyss and I'm sure Anime looked much better than manga. The soundtrack made it even better.

Bnha gets worse from now on. Bones is doing a great adaptation so if you're waiting to get the anime experience then that's fine. If you like the story though I recommend just to catch up on the manga and get it over with cos bnha turns to shit

Manga. I don't watch even a single anime anymore. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe I'm more cynical about anime. I look at anime and see a studio of people collaborating to bring some idea to life; whose idea isn't really important, so long as they make money. When I look at manga, I see one or two guys putting their ideas on paper, and some pet assistants prettying it up so it's easier to look at. I've never really thought about it until this moment - I didn't make a conscious effort to stop watching anime or anything - but this could be the reason why.

I also think I've replaced what use I had for TV and/or anime with Twitch and YouTube.

>Shit animation is better than none.
I disagree. From a composition standpoint manga is generally much better than anime because drawing a single image is a much more easily done task than doing 12 pictures per second of animation. Not to mention that characters standing around with 0 animation isn't a rare thing to happen in anime but the art with those still parts is worse than most manga.

Haven't read Made in Abyss but I've seen some pages from it and it looks very strange for manga. It's got some watercolor-esque art style that I've never seen in any manga before so it's not really a good example. Couldn't tell you if it's technically more competent than the anime though.

>normies are probably right
>he says as the normies are turning society worse as the years go by
>he says as depression and obesity is some of the most common illnesses plaguing our society
>normies are probably right

Really showing your low IQ. Get the fuck out.

How is everyone in this thread saying they prefer manga but like 90% of discussion on Sup Forums is about anime?

Anime plebs are louder and stupider. As an example, this thread has very minimal shitposting. Manga readers in general tend to be smarter and not create unnecessary threads or spam images or ship characters.

Generally manga, but if the adaptation can properly absorb the feeling of the manga and convey it through the animation, music and direction, then by all means the anime becomes my preferred medium. These occurrences are rare though.

Ignoring big series that have enough momentum to always have a presence, most manga series aren't popular enough to have a thread up often enough to outnumber threads about currently airing anime shows. Sup Forums generally prefers to talk about new things and it's easier to keep up discussion on a weekly show than a monthly manga, and anime has a lower barrier of entry for that discussion since you can just watch the show as it comes out, rather than having to catch up on dozens of manga chapters before joining discussion.

This essentially. There is a certain IQ threshold for manga that unfortunately anime watchers simply seem to not reach. Well, it's probably for the best.

Good job OP, this threads keeps the anime tards out of the manga threads.

>no background
>kurapikas hair
>Leorio is Max Stirner
sasuga Togashi

wtf is wrong with Kurapika's body?

Manga more often than not.
I'd wager only ~10% of series are actually better than the manga.

I think I love the anime slightly more than the manga because of the two big fights we had during the chimaera ant arc (e.g. Netero v Meruem and Gon v Pito).
The music was memorable and the build up was pretty great

This guy/girl gets it

>Brings up depression and obesity
>on Sup Forums
o i am laffin

For this one at least i'm reading the manga, but from time to time there's a cool fight that i want to see animated so i check which episode it is.

CA anime was the perfect shounen. Nothing can surpass it in the last 100 years

Depends, Saint Seiya for example, the manga art is incredibly shitty and so is the plot, but the anime gets carried by its excellent direction, art and sound design.

Based Shingo Araki saved every single character with his designs, plain and simple, that can't be denied. But the plot in the anime gets downgraded as usual with adaptions.

definitly disagree
the nanatsu no taizai rapes the best quality of the manga that is the charming art

Anime is literally shit.

Almost zero respect for the art and hyper attention to detail in manga. Usually made with the shittiest budget possible. Sacrifices quality on a massive scale for profit. See: dbz

Manga.

at least hxh had people caring about the quality

You could've picked a better example since the dbs manga is almost as garbage as the anime.

>that leorio.

Anime usually, I appreciation animation and music. Manga when I've run out of anime to watch. There are certain cases where the music definitely accentuates what's happening in a scene.