Violet Evergarden

Storytelling at its finest, & you fuckers actually doubted KyoAni? Episode 7 was nothing short of exceptional. KyoAni tell their story's through animation by using it in smart & inventive ways. They had you all fooled the entire time, the filter was there for a good reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessdestinations.com/destinations/anime-enjoys-explosive-popularity-in-china/
amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/2147354051/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_dvd_1_3_last
businessinsider.jp/post-160917
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still don't understand what this show is about.

THIS ISNT FUCKING TRUE NOOOOOOOO I'M NOT DUMB YOUR DUMB

The filter may have been intention, but that doesn't make it any less shitty-looking.

Literally, how can other studios even compete?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
KYOANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

It's about violet trying to understand the meaning of love. And how her work as a auto memories doll helps her come to understand what it means. This through her social interaction with clients and her learning how to interpret peoples feelings, though what they say.(literally or otherwise).

Okay, still doesn't change the fact that Violet has no personality and the writing is over-dramatic.

Madhouse is doing a better KyoAni than KyoAni right now.

This is textbook KyoAni user, and it isn't shitty.

Learn English.

>Kyoanus turd as deep as Evangelion!!
Retards actually believe this. lol.

KyoAni hating IRC+Discord organized Franxxfag crossboarding shitposter here. I admit defeat. I've exhausted every method of shitposting known to man to keep this show down, but I see now that it is impossible. VEG is an objective masterpiece and AOTY and I can no longer deny it. KinoAni has beaten me. I'm sorry everyone.

Episodic short stories about random people in not europe, that bank everything on being emotionally potent.
The stories themselves always follow the same forumla, are extremely predictable and uninteresting.
The show fails to devote enough time to each story and their characters and so it's been dud after dud leading to so many people dropping the show.

It's a character drama with bad characters, and so it fails as an anime, i'd still give it a 3/10 for ay least being pretty.
but the show itself is boring and cheesey and nearly unwatchable.

It's definitely not the first show with solid animation and an abysmal plot, but those other shows usual animate something interesting or fun like a fight scene, in this show animation is wasted on mundane task like sitting around and talking, or walking, blah blah.

It's all in all a bad anime and you've done right to avoid it thus far.

That Antarctica shit is melodramatic bullshit.

I told you we were right the entire time!!

>Madhouse is doing a better KyoAni than KyoAni right now.
No they aren't.

What the fuck

>bad characters
Wrong.

WHAT THE FUCK
SASUGA GODANI SAVED ANIME FOREVER
DARFRAN ETERNALLY BTFO

>haha we totally made our early episodes look like shit on purpose guys
>for a hamfisted metaphor in a series where the only virtue is looks

>more melodramatic than I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE MEANS

God no. YoriMoi is the true heir to K-On, the anime that KyoAni has yet to top. Wake me up when KyoAni stops adapting fanfic-tier light novels written by autistic teenagers and goes back to slice of life manga adaptations.

I'm guessing that you're new to KyoAni shows?

>melodramatic nonsense the heir to k-on
Nah.

Keep dreaming brainlet, Violet Evergarden is making a killing in china right now and is currently rated 9.7 over there.

You're right, boring one note characters with zero personality rhyme or reason aren't bad, their terrible.

So Veg is a character drama driven show, with terrible characters, and poorly written cheap drama, and so it fails at what it attempts to do, making it a bad anime overall.

I was kind of having trouble putting the nail in the coffin with my final thoughts for this show, thanks for the help.

The filter is the same as in episode 1 there's just been more outdoor scenes where you don't notice it as much

>killing in china
Now that's guys who are well known for their excellent taste.

filterfags btfo. TYBKA

But evangelion is not deep, It's just well directed with good characters.

Given KyoAni's history since 2012 (with the exception of Maidragon, which was very nice), you have no room to complain about Madhouse making something melodramatic.

How can people deny the show hasn't picked up hugely since episode 5/6.

The episodes were fucking solid.

KyoAni can't keep getting away with making masterpieces.

>imagine being this anally devastated
Poor brainless can't just accept that KYOANI ALWAYS FINDS A WAY

episode 6 was shit

YoriMoi is a forgettable melodrama, my woman

You literally have no idea how much $ they get from chinese views. China takes over 70% profit from Hollywood movies you think anime has it better?

>Being this jealous that your ugly cheap deadhouse memeshow will never looks as good as evergarden

It did but it's still not great.

Last episode was ruined by Vioretto suddenly becoming Superman and drama being incredibly generic "cute young girl died now cry".

VEG is not terrible but it's not great either and much better cute girls shows air this season.

I think it looks much better, and more importantly its main cast actually has personality. VEG is a character-driven story without a character to invest in.

It looks great and does 3x better in pre-orders. It's you VEGfags who are mad as fuck.

clearly better taste than some people on this board

Overlord and Death March are most viewed anime there. Amazing taste right?

I'm glad you're a namefag, most people have terrible taste but they can get away with it, when it you I know a show is shit, cause you regularly praise garbage.

Your approval or disapproval always lets me know if a show is garbage or worth checking out, and you've never failed to help me avoid terrible anime with your shit taste.

I know this sounds like a shit post but i'm being genuinely honest, thank you. Legit I'll watch something and think "what did lelouch think about it?"

I also brag how much cassette tapes my favorite band sells in modern times.

>Reddit spacing
Kill Yourself

Is he being typecasted into roles of adult men suffering so hard? Why must it be like this for him?

>muh chinese streaming

You fags are legit retarded. Chinese government takes 3/4 of the profits from foreign movies and TV series. No to mention merch is the most important source of revenue and in China it's dominated by bootleg shit creators get 0 profit from.

China is still piracy heaven and will be for a long time. It's a significant market but acting like anime makes crazy $ there is idiotic.

You sure brag about chink streams KyoAni gets almost nothing from.

>Reddit spacing
>Doesn't know how licensing works
Why don't you just go back?

>Doesn't know how licensing works

You obviously don't. And most of those views was first episode that is free.

>Gets nothing from
>Implying
businessdestinations.com/destinations/anime-enjoys-explosive-popularity-in-china/
>After a stringent government crackdown on online piracy, legitimate streaming sites such as Youku and Bilibili have been paying extraordinary sums for anime streaming rights. It is not unusual for an episode of one of the most popular shows to sell for more than $100,000, while an entire series can cost upwards of $1m. While this is an incredible amount of money to be spending on licensing, the viewing figures prove this hefty investment is worthwhile: for example, on Youku alone, episodes of the popular ninja series Naruto have more than 2.5 billion views.

Please share your secret KyoAni source describing how much money they get from VEG license.

This conversation has nothing to do with KyoAni's past works. It's about sorayori and evergarden, you said: " YoriMoi is the true heir" & "Madhouse is doing a better KyoAni than KyoAni right now." which is outrageous since VEG is making by far the most money right now.

>upwards of $1m

Wow, 1 million $. Amazing. They covered 20% of the budget so lucky.

>heir to K-On
Imagine being this anally fractured, fucking hell the delusion

>since VEG is making by far the most money right now

You are completely retarded. VEG will make shit in Japan and some licensing in China won't bring them much profit. They will be lucky if VEG makes $ at all. There is literally 0 merchandise too.

>when a redditard gets triggered

>kyoani
>not profiting
Righto

Look at his face user, he was born to suffer.

You are fucking hilarious.

amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/2147354051/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_dvd_1_3_last

You know we are in the digital age now right?

ufotable did it first

Why are VEG fags so cancerous?

say that to my face BITCH

Disc sales still make almost as much $ as all anime streaming. It will still be relevant for years.

You're shit.

shut up pleb

Won't admit that show is mediocre and a gigantic financial failure because obviously KyoAni can do no wrong.

if veg wasn't pay first it would be No.1 by a mile

You could go to the stalker thread up right now and get proven wrong.

whats wrong with death march and overlord user?

>in development for 3 years
>shilled as the best looking TV anime ever made
>comes out and it's absolutely average in everything except animation
>that is ruined by filters anyways
>turns out to be worse than 4 CGDCT anime airing same season
>laughable pre-orders
>must rely on mercy of Chinese streaming sites to make any profit

>Vioretto suddenly becoming Superman
Except she was superhuman from start and she never flied

You're not wrong. Reminder that Kyoani is a money laundering front for the Yakuza.

Nowhere near as rickandmortyfags

>3x better
where are getting this info are you pulling it out of your ass?

businessinsider.jp/post-160917

>You could go to the stalker thread
That's like going to the ass of the ass of internet.

First episode of VEG is free and that's where over half of those views comes from.

Again with fucking reddit spacing you never learn do you?

See:

Why do shitposters always use same reaction images over and over?

You should put on a trip so I can filter you.

If only you knew how wrong you were.

It's the best looking TV anime ever made, competing directly with titles like Koe no Katachi and Redline. Period.
Kyoani flipped off the otaku market recently and never looked back, the money is on the mainstream.

/スレ

>levitating hair
>fuck ugly filter
yeah... if you say so

Have you seriously forgotten that its streaming worldwide on Netflix & that they make money off novel sales too?

>levitating hair
What?

Why are anti-veg fags so cancerous?
e.g.

Call me when VEG novels rank anywhere.

They're almost entirely the same anons if that helps explain it.

Meh the regular user fanboys are more than gay enough to demonstrate VEG sucks.

No, we all know that dvd sales have little relevance for a Netflix show, they will tell you that over there.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Kyoani character have actual hair, not colored blocks.

They get paid for license and that's it. They get same money no matter if chinks see it 1 or 100 million times. License is usually few hundred thousand $. That's the cost of making 2 episodes.

This is no Maidragon where they got lots of $ thanks to merch sales in china.