According to a friend...

According to a friend, the anime industry is in a bubble of product quality that if it explodes could cause a financial crisis that leaves the anime of 500 series a year to only 30.
I do not see much anime but I'm interested to know if it's true.

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7QLrGUnE0A&t=1093s
youtube.com/watch?v=m-FuY78FD2A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Much like I'd love to see the US comic book industry die, because it would mean a rebirth for the medium, I would love for the anime industry to collapse.

>according to a friend
sorry matey your theory is garbage

Same,Although the US comic currently only goes through a format crisis, quality is normal.

Look, it's this guy, the video he made of the subject is very interesting but unfortunately it's in Spanish youtube.com/watch?v=d7QLrGUnE0A&t=1093s
youtube.com/watch?v=m-FuY78FD2A

>random beaner thinks he understands economics enough to predict the fall of an industry

lol fuck off

A bubble how? West coast service-only tech companies are a bubble. Most of them are in the red and aren't sustainable. Actually, an overwhelming majority of them.

Bitcoins are a "bubble" because people only buy in based on speculated value not utility or current value.

How is anime a bubble? If anything it seems to be a play-it-safe with low-margin product based industry like retailers try to be

Who thought you to be this racist, kid? All races are made to be equal.

Fuck off retard.

Too many animation houses, very little salary to the animators, Western standards that are extended until no longer able to sustain themselves and that literally the industry is told about how cute the characters are rather than a real quality.

>anime's Great Filter

This can't happen soon enough.

>30 anime a year
God I wish this would happen. Talent is too spread out and the industry is overpopulated by talentless otaku workers.
If the anime industry bursts, a lot of fat would have to be shed and what's left would likely end up FAR higher-quality on average than what we have today.

Oh, it's a troll my bad.

It's not me lol
The truth I'm interested in is how an industry can be super saturated with more than 500 annual series and have no long-term bad consequences

It's super-saturated because at it's core and beginnings anime was passion-driven art, this is the source of all good shows. But passion-driven art is a very risky gamble for investors and companies to create, while soulless otaku-bait shows which make up most of the titles airing in any given season sell far better. These shows bank on the idea of selling merchandise related to the show to make most money, and are created within the belly of the corporate beast, fitting into formulas of how to appeal to the typical otaku and much as possible, and be as low-cost/effort to make as possible.
Take Love Live or IdolM@ster or some shit, which barely sell any BDs (IIRC), but make millions every month off of their related mobile games and various assorted merchandise.
Somewhat related to that is the manga industry, which is of course far more popular in Japan in the west. From what I understand it's also way bigger than the anime industry, which is why you'll sometimes here on Sup Forums and probably other places that most anime is just an elaborate advertisement for manga, which is absolutely true. It's also the source of "read the manga" endings, or just flat-out incomplete stories told in anime form, because the shows are made in order to attract interest to the manga. Adapting manga into anime is also just a far less riskier move on the company's part, as the manga will already have a pre-existing fanbase which are almost guaranteed to show interest in the anime. Contrast this with anime originals that have to garner audience interest from complete scratch.
So you're left with about 50% soulless cash grabs, 40% manga advertisements never meant to stand on their own merits in the anime medium, 1% manga adaptations with actual passion and talent put into them, and 9% risky anime-original passion projects.
Percentage source: my ass, but still, you get the picture.

You left out LN adaptations, and the percentages you pulled out of your ass seem a bit off, but otherwise seems like a legit assessment.

Lmao who cares I torrent everything hoping that this shit dies

Yeah, manga/LN adaptations are probably a much larger % than the merch cash-grab titles, but I did put the disclaimer at the end of my post!

>thinking westerners affect the market at all
lmao'ing @ your life

Amen

these videos are so fucking cool, very comfy. nice! Shame that the single language retards can't enjoy it and therefor shit on such a well done video.

Some Trigger guy that lurked here implied that it could happen in the near future

had screenshot?

I wish Marvel and DC would die out but Image and Dark Horse are pretty cool. There's also some more obscure publishers like Fantagraphics that produce more obscure stuff and the European industry is a lot stronger compared to their American counterpart.

The only thing that is gonna happen is all the smaller studios will start to get shut down. The studios that are able to properly raised and pay their animators will be the ones remaining.

>Love Live or IdolM@ster or some shit, which barely sell any BDs
What? Idol shit normally sells well (especially fujo idolshit) due to having shit like ticket sells in them.

Marvel hopefully, but it's fine DC now with things like young animal or MM, the truth is the American comic industry is likely to fit into its niche, but it will not die, not unless disney / warner die that are the boss commands

My dad works at Trigger, can confirm.

>Japanese animators
>Have childrens

This guy knows what's up. One of them had a child once, named Miyazaki or some shit. He disowned his child and just adopted another animator named Anno instead.

Makes sense

lel

>Bitcoins are a "bubble" because people only buy in based on speculated value not utility or current value.

Thanks just sold 100k

Newfags don't know about the original anime bubble.

If the low quality garbage that is capeshit and western animation manages to still exist then anime has absolutely nothing to fear.

The bar is very low.

True, true.

I actually have an understanding of economics.
This shitter is out of his mind. Even when the US hits its next economic crisis (debt crisis/dollar crisis), Japan will still make a ton of anime. Why is this? Because the industry is actually large, now.
It's similar to the music industry. Everyone and their mother can make a song and put it on iTunes and make no profit. The GFC didn't stop people making music.

That doesn't make it a bubble, that makes it a bad industry. Are cable television sitcoms a bubble? A lot of these shows require semi-decent investments and get cancelled after an episode. The people involved make very little money.

Nope but you can search in the archive, just type search the posts made by Tattun

There's no such thing as a "bubble".
Nothing in the history of anything has ever "popped".
Every economic shift is gradual and able to be anticipated.