Would it have worked better as a 12-13 episode anime?

Would it have worked better as a 12-13 episode anime?

probably

Yes, don't get it twisted the manga was also pretty over the top with drama and exaggerating everything but at least they gave characters motivations, rhyme and reason.

In the film everything feels like a dud, people just do things with no real justification of any-kind, the "friendships" feel fake, and not in the way the mangaka intended.
They just go from one major scene to the next with no real build up, I showed this to people who hadn't read the source and they where confused throughout the whole thing.

It would work fine even in 10 episodes.

Probably, not that that's saying much.

Would it have worked better if it focused on Ueno instead of the deaf bitch?

In the movie most of the romance is either toned down or gone completely, destroying Ueno's entire character motivation and making her look like soulless bitch instead of the lovesick girl she really is. Whether or not someone considers Ueno in any way redeemable is a good way to determine whether or not they read the manga or just saw the movie.

Oh the really fucked Ueno over, she's just a bitch with no rhyme or reason at all and I ended up hating her anime version, while I loved and sympathized with her in the manga.
I also really hate the character designs in the anime, it ruined a lot of the really good expression that sold the characters in the first place.

Also the manga art, had this nice grit to it, the anime looks like fluffy moe shit, I hated that too.

Eh, with the same budget and artistic merits? Sure, why not.

As ~6 OVAs.

In the manga she was just a cookie cuter yandere

And in the movie she's just a bitch for no reason.

nothing more than a formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of a film

Watch the movie again. They included scenes from the manga that actually defined her character. The manga just went overboard with the yandere trash that undermined any subtlety of her initial characterization. I swear you mangafags who wanted this movie to include even the comically awful drama with literal cartoon villains that were present in the later volumes just to pad the series are fucking retarded.

It's half ass and doesn't sell it at all. She's just a bitch.
Also she doesn't look like a yandere in the manga, all the characters have a grittier look to them, they all got turned into moe blobs though, ugh.

YUDUROO!

I found this rather hard to watch. All those feels.

i only felt bad for shoya because i could relate to wanting to kill myself in a similar set of circumstances.

it's still melodramatic as fuck and not really that good, but he pretty much saved the series for me.

It would have worked better as a 0 episode anime.

owned

It would have worked better if the whole thing was about Yuzuru.

Why did Yuduru sleep in a cupboard?

No

My theory is that they originally had two bedrooms, one for them and one for their child. The father probably left not long after or evdn before Yuzuru was born, so the now single mother couldn't get enough money together to get abigger apartment or another bedroom, so Yuzuru was given the bedroom cupboard. I guess she got used to it.

Of course, and people dare compare this to Kimi no Na wa, when it isn't even close to being in the same league.

why would people compare two movies that totally suck

Because by objective definition Kimi no na wa is the one japanese animation that managed to resonate with the most people in the history of mankind.

When you create a project for the entertainment of others the ultimate goal is to entertain as many people as possible, when the project you've created hit more people then any other work in your medium you've won.

Kimi no na wa is the greatest animation in the history of japan, your subjective opinion is irrelevant.

Koe no katachi is just another bad manga adaptation.

fart on my dick dweeb

the movie was as best as it could get
nice and concise, unlike that bad manga

I still don't understand why Violet was a TV series when Koe no Katachi was a movie. Feels like it should've been the other way around.

Why did Ueno like MC so much?

Cunts naturally gravitate towards dicks. Last time she saw him prior to the timeskip he was a dick, which is what her lust for him in the in-between years before they met up again had to go off.

What scenes do you think should've been kept in the movie? I feel like the scene where Shoko's father abandons his family should have been kept and I also wanted to see the movie arc mainly just for the scene where Tomohiro gets called a try hard by the committee. That scene was actually pretty funny in the manga.

Agreed, the manga is no masterpiece or anything but it was more coherent than the movie

Nah. I can't stand those soap opera tier bullying at the beginning and you tell me to watch more of it.

That was really all there was to her liking him? Like, if I read the manga would I find something extra that the movie didn't clearly portray? Otherwise that's pretty lame.

That's probably not the actual reason, it's just the one that makes sense in my head.

I think the movie had an good atmosphere and most of the scenes they choose to take to of the manga were decent or great. the characters weren't fleshed out enough tho which is understandable because they needed to cut some "unnecessary" stuff to shorten the movie. I think if you read the manga and watch the movie it's more than decent and you understand the motivations in the movie better. for me if you read and watch it it's a 10/10

Yes. The adaptation as it stands is an overly saccharine highlights reel of the Manga.

The only one in the entire thing who literally did nothing wrong.

Yuzu was basically the deuteragonist of the manga, being the only character aside from Shouya to get PoV chapters before volume 6.

I still dont know if uenofags are just trolling or geniue.

No.

One of the biggest strengths of the films is it’s character animation, which would be lost in a lower budget tv anime.

Also, there’s a lot of unneeded fat in the original manga that the films cuts out, creating a better work overall.

Fuck off Ueno

>everyone says the movie arc was garbage and the manga would have been better off without it
>movie cuts it
>endless bitching about it
Make up your mind already faggots

The movie plot was barely a thing outside of one chapter, it was mainly a plot device to develop the characters. Anyone bitching about it is retarded

Anyone else think this movie should be shown in schools as a lesson on the effects of bullying and suicide?

>uenofags

No. The movie delivered it perfectly. Any longer and it would be a mess and a slog like the manga.

I heard a Japanese course in my city required watching it as homework.

>3 episodes dedicated to the subplot of the movie
>2 episodes focused on the disgusting supporting characters
Sure.

The film sub plot was never the focus, it was simply a catalyst for character growth and interaction, which is everything for this film.

If a competent direction was handed this movie, they would make something based off the novel but not attempt a 1:1 adaptation because there is simply to much content.

Nope, has to be shorter

Good thing we got one then.

>Sup Forums always wants show and not tell anime
>Koe no Katachi adaptation is entirely based on that subject
>hurr durr I don't understand why does Ueno treat everyone like a bitch in the movie
Never change, Sup Forums, even if you are a bunch of dumb fucks

The movie was perfect though.

Show don't tell doesn't mean, rip all important exposition retard.

Everything that was important was conveyed in the movie.

Bruh this shits gay as fuck.

Lol fuck no. Bullyung is good for you and pussies who kill themselves never deserved to live anyway. Fucking faggot.

Yeah it was too tame for something that left such a big scar.

The entire manga was "conveyed" in the movie, they just did a terrible job.