Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou

The movie done by Okada on Japanese theater today, here is some impression.

・オルフェンズは忘れろ
>forget iron blooded orphans
・理不尽な死はない
>no stupid death
・下ネタもないぞ
>no stupid humor
・愛に溢れた物語
>story with full of love
・素晴らしい作画と最高の演技
>great animation quality, acting etc
・いい意味で予想裏切られる
>good meaning of betrayal
・マジで泣くぞ
>really cried
・オ ル フ ェ ン ズ は 忘 れ ろ
>FORGET IRON BLOODED ORPHANS

Other urls found in this thread:

cyclone-graphics.com/works/sayoasa_/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im still mad

Some behind the scene pictures from CG studio.
cyclone-graphics.com/works/sayoasa_/
Seems the movie take on 16-17th century in tech.

>That juicy AkiYoshi art
I need this

BDs when?
I need my fill of Odaka.

>AkiYoshi

Complete name? Can't find him.

Newfag.

Is it time?

>caring how long someone has been here

Get a life outside the internet, retard.

Can't wait to watch it.

Finally we're going to see a Okada work where she's not being dragged down with shitty staff.

akihiko yoshida. i'd love to be able to draw as well as he does someday.

>Get a life outside the internet

Shinkai already praised the movie telling he is envyous of Okada's talent.

He is pretty much the opposite of Yamakan - he praises everything and bootlicks everyone.

So what is it about anyways?

>Wix
>Kiz
>IBO

yikes

>envyous of Okada's talent
A courtesy remark. He did say he was surprised this was her debut as director. But than again, she had another director supervising her, and the whole studio supporting her. You can't really compare to Shinkai who started his career pretty alone.

Mother love.

Anyone got a proper scan of this pic?

No one really cares about Shinkai's opinion as all he is good for is pretty wallpapers, not direction or script

Well, whether Okada can write is debatable, let alone direct. I would expect most of the storyboarding for this movie was most likely done by other people, for instance.

You are way underestimating Okada. She is in anime industry since 14 years old litterally and worked a lot under different directors cooperating closely. She know the insides out of the production and how shows are made better than most other directors that are merely getting promoted from animators mostly.

In particular she was working closely with Tesuro Amino and Kou Matsuo considering them her teachers. Her input in Dead Girls is lot more than script too, as Matsuo got her deeply involved.

>whether Okada can write is debatable
What is not debatable is that you are disqualified from discussing the topic as you are clearly entirely clueless.

delusional okadafag

Anyone knows Okada's pen name for Eroge's?

>merely getting promoted from animators mostly
This happens for a reason. The most important task for a director is storyboarding. It goes beyond framing and camera angles. Comedy and dramatic timing is all defined in the storyboard too, for instance. Mind you, in a tv show a director doesn't storyboard all the episodes, but they do the key ones. It's very important to define the style and mood of the show as a whole. I expect this is harder for directors coming from production or writing. It's not unheard of, but it must be tough.

What's that? Who's the artist?

>okada movie
>no stupid death
Yeah, as if

Is the art by Akihiko Yoshida? Looks like his stuff.
If that's the case consider me interested.

God I want to fuck those designs so much.

YES

STAFF
Chief Director: Toshiya Shinohara
Director: Mari Okada
Script: Mari Okada
Music: Kenji Kawai
Original Character Design: Akihiko Yoshida
Character Design: Yuriko Ishii
Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji
Art design: Tomoaki Okada
Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi

Chief Animation Direcor: Yuriko Ishii
Conceptual Design: Tomoaki Okada
Core Director: Tadashi Hiramatsu
Main Animator: Toshiyuki Inoue
Theme Song Arrangement: rionos
Theme Song Composition: rionos
Theme Song Lyrics: riya
Theme Song Performance: rionos

CAST
Manaka Iwami as Maquia
Miyu Irino as Erial

Ai Kayano as Leilia
Hiroaki Hirata as Baro
Misaki Kuno as Medmel
Miyuki Sawashiro as Rashine
Rina Satou as Mido
Tomokazu Sugita as Isol
Yōko Hikasa as Tita
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Lang
Yuuki Kaji as Clear

>great animation quality, acting etc
This is the only line I can believe.

yes if you mean original character design.

and you are overestimating her

>Mari Okada
>no stupid deaths
>good meaning of betrayal

I'm seeing this movie in a few weeks, so I'll let you plebs know what its like.

also okada is bae

I guess I would see anything as good after the fucking abortion which was IBO.

OKADA IS LOVE
OKADA IS LIFE

I watched it today and came here to say it's a great movie. The animations is fantastic. The characters are amazing. And the story is absolutely beautiful. Single handedly the best work of both PA and Okada so far. I advice you Sup Forumsnons to avoid spoiler at all cost and ignore any shitposting. Just watch it. It's god damn great

Leilia's character and her story are also impressive. I admire how they managed it with her being only a non-main character with a limited amount of time. Maquia and Erial are precious. Kurimu is a faggot though. The ending would've been even more perfect had he managed to man the fuck up, instead of whining like a manchild

Oh and I'm definitely going to watch this again. There is no way I'm just going to wait for months to get BD

So did they fuck?

No. Nothing lewd about this anime. And those who sexualise Maquia and Erial should be hung. Maquia is an awesome mother and Erial is a good son

So this is the long titled movie that made the director of your name so jealious? Huh...

>sayonara no asa
more like sayonara no ass

How could there be nothing lewd with author that used to write scripts for Eroge and wanted to make Anohana perverted comedy?

The whole premise of girl that does not age picking up a child that grows up and hooks up with her screams doujinshi tier.

・オルフェンズは忘れろ
・オ ル フ ェ ン ズ は 忘 れ ろ

What did they mean by this?

Anime art style has potato faces

Puzzled? I'm also surprised that Okada managed to pull out only the best of her skills for this movie. Maybe she had really good advicers this time

It's like I'm in Kiznaiver threads all over again

Why are you all so surprised? It's so simple really. It's not about hormone-charged highschool/middle school students. Okada should be fucking banned from handling those settings ever again. HanaIro was a fluke.

Just make her stick to dramas about family.

She did not direct Kiznaiver. Her concept was not even used, she wanted to write hot blooded battle show, but was told to change it to drama. Kiznaiver is still the best show Trigger made though and times better than trash that Franxx is currently.

>Just make her stick to dramas about family.
Worst. Idea. Ever.

Okada ALWAYS self inserts in her shows and her family and childhood life was disfunctional mess. She hated her mother and HanaIro is pretty much about it, projecting she had a better one.

>look let's call my delusion out of ass an analysis

>Kiznaiver is still the best show Trigger made
Oh boy here we go.

>look at the newfag acting retarded
She wrote a book about it and told in plenty of interviews.

Source or fuck off. Though I know you can't even into moons

post source from the beginning then, faggot.

She was horny and let a VA write a bulk of S2.

I don't see how that's not proving my point. HanaIro was good, probably her best work, and it was pretty much the only shit she's written that actually focused more on family aside from the coming-of-age/friendship themes.

really that good

>spoonfeeding rude newfags

Those were the best parts of S2 though

>Kurimu is a faggot though
Dare? Clear?

This movie is also about family and it's fucking great. I think you have a point

Yep. Plain gorgeous. Even better than Hanairo and any of her previous works

The nips disagree and it pissed off based Sakurai.

>Kiznaiver is still the best show Trigger made
This is somehow true, but not because it's a good show.

It's Clear in English yes but they constantly pronounce it Kurimu so I just call him Kurimu too. Anyway, he's a sorry ass faggot

So the Okada riddle has finally been solved. Just let her channel her inner frustrations about her fucked family life and she'll vomit out good shit.

Finally one less writer to worry about cured of her trash writing.

Pretty much all scripts where she not explicitely was told what to write, mostly her original works - projected her issues. Anohana for example she "self inserted" in multiple characters. Jintan being representation of her holed up at home as a child, fearing to go outside.

She is much better "weird" writer than family friendly one that everyone tries to make her. M3/DeadLeaves/Wixoess is more near to what she actually like. She obsessed with writing, doing it since young age to a degree almost being a psychopath that thankfully is not threat to others as found outlet in working in anime industry.

She wrote stories about all her classmates, one after another in alphabetic order with her as heroine when she was holed at home. She seems to be genuinuly broken as from her own words, she learned empathy from writing story about real people she knew and trying to find good poitnts in them and insert in their positions.

Pic related - her best self insert so far

LOLIMOM

source: my ass
How do you even write a hot blooded battle show with that premise?

I remember there was a key animation which featured Tenga being mutated into a muscle mess about to fight Kacchon. Okada wanted to deal with If I fight you I hurt you themes but the director changed the whole idea.

How can you not sexualize them when the original art is this sexy

Wow. I didn't know Okada had unironic defenders.

>Mari Okada
Begone.

kek

>Music: Kenji Kawai
Might as well check this out

>Okada wanted to deal with If I fight you I hurt you
>If I fight you I hurt you

His best work in quite some time, user, definitely worth a listen.

It will never be forgotten, her and Nagai's sins will always be remembered and will follow them everywhere. Gunota still shitpost about shows from the 80s, there is no way they'll forget.

>entire movie directed by Okada
>not just the writing, the entire thing feature her autism
Holy fucking shit the horror
I refuse to believe this is any good.

Stay denial. You're the one missing out

Fine at least I can trust if he rate Hanairo so high, since that was Okada's only good work EVER, even if it wasn't exactly due to her writing.

Early opinions are misleading, especially coming from okadafags of all people
At it's core it's going to be a mediocre and angsty melodrama, Okada doesn't how to write anything else

Too bad you didn't watch Nagiasu or Wixoss. But hey, her previous works don't even matter now since we have Sayonara no Asa. I hope BD comes soon so Sup Forumsnons can witness how marvelous it is

I watched it and it wasn't mediocre and didn't have 'angsty melodrama' either. And this is from a man who didn't have a pint of expectation about this movie. Have you watched it by the way? Oh I see. You haven't. So keep talking out of your ass

>Nagiasu
That was just ok. Not good
>Wixoss
>card shit ad

>>no stupid death
>・下ネタもないぞ
>>no stupid humor
>・愛に溢れた物語
But that's why I like Okada.

It's not going to be different than her previous works, and you should just accept her reputation as a melodrama writer.

>It's not going to be different than her previous works

Oh so you've watched it already? That sure was fast

I don't cae about Okada at all, to be honest. Why I care about this movie is bloody Ishii designs and chief AD, Hiramatsu directing, storyboardning, AD and animating, storyboards by damn Andou, KA by Inoue and Honda, holy crap this movie is going to look amazing. Higashiji Kazuki as Art Director and one of Kawai's best music endeavours of recent years. I think, I'll love this movie in spite of Okada.

Also, Okada is also involved in Hisone to Masotan which looks like it'll be one of top spring shows. The main creative force of the project or at least its genesis is Higuchi, not Okada.

I want to Marry Mari Okada!

Ha, I knew Nagai was one of the biggest reasons IBO had that retarded story, Okada is a goddamn idiot but she can write decent shit when she has someone to to filter he bullshit, Nagai just amplified it with his own brand of brainless bullshit

The Nagai field is a real thing

They both knew nothing about Gundam, you can't expect to bullshit your way through writing a 50 episode anime where you don't understand the history of the fans of that franchise.
They only earned themselves a lot of dedicated shitposters with that stunt.