Reminder to never listen to Sup Forums...

Reminder to never listen to Sup Forums. I hear all this shit about Gurren Laggen and it's actually just a generic as fuck mecha shounen.

At least Kill La Kill was self-aware, this is just shameless and dumb.

But if I'm not supposed to listen to Sup Forums that means I shouldn't listen to you. Doushio?

Truly the divide by zero of Sup Forums.

Holy shit, this is prime r/Sup Forums material right here
Who wants to be on the screencap?

Me please. I won't even reply to that post.

>But if I'm not supposed to listen to Sup Forums that means I shouldn't listen to you. Doushio?
i.e. only listen to yourself and make your own opinions after watching shit

retard

>self-aware
That's good. Self-reflection is necessary for a character to develop. But can someone tell me what merit "meta-self-awareness" has other than that it appeals to ironic millennial faggots?
For example, does a cliché-ridden work because redeemed just because the main character knows that the women around him fall ridiculously easily for him or that his enemies are archetypical villains who will inevitably lose? Does a story become "better" if it tells the reader it will probably continue to be generic aka shit?

You could have figured that out in 2007

posting in pop team ebin thread

I never said KLK was good. It acknowledging that it's just glorified fan-service at least makes you feel better about watching it, you get the bare minimum baseline recognition that the audience isn't just retarded mouth droolers who don't expect good writing in their entertainment.

Being meta/breaking the 4th wall can be done well and be done terrible just the same. Just having it in your show in and of itself doesn't make something good, but if done well it can make it better than it would've been normally.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei does meta quite well and is the entire point of it really, meta-commentary on society/culture. KLK doesn't really do much with its meta shit, they just mention "nothing wrong with being sexy!" and then give you tits. So not done well or expanded on, but at least its better than Gurren Lagann which doesn't give the audience anything at all.

As a rule I didn't watch mecha until very recently. I assumed 99% of them would just be like Gundam which they are. Only broke that for Eva which was great.

KLK wad honestly more creative

*was

No u