ITT shows with all style but no substance

ITT shows with all style but no substance.

I want to fuck Cattleya

I want to fill her style with my substance.

>substance?
What is that and which shows have it?

I want to live a long and happy life with her

Style is substance.

i only watch the cartoons that have the MOST substance, the ones that really give me something to chew on intellectually, y'know?

t. masaki yuasa

literally who

Looks like a cgdct anime but with adults. Is it?

Nice PLOT

Pretty much. Kyoani have set a new bar and set their first anime not in a highschool.

>Rejected by childhood friend
EVERTIME!

She seems like the type who would tease and seduce young men when she gets older.

You can only choose one.

It isn't even their first non high school anime, newfag.

I don't like how they cut her and the rest of the team pretty much out by now.

I wish the show focused more on her instead.

You know it's true

An anime about a prostitute?

>it finally kicks into high gear on 7th episode

Most KyoAni shows.

user, let's just for a moment talk like rational humans. How is it even possible for art to be devoid of substance. Like wut? What you experience from art piece is the relationship between style and substance. You need some substance for style to act upon so as to create an art piece. You can't just talk about style and substance in isolation just like that. They are always interrelated creating what you experience from screen. It's just a misconception that style=visuals and substance=writing. I always wonder how do these words even get appropriated in mainstream in such a way it lose any sense of meaning whatsoever

Pic not related? You're a fucking imbecile if can't into the subtle plot the anime is unfolding. Go back watching your Darlingshit mongoloid.

Only for the best shows

Stop making sense

this coming from franxx stans lol

I hope none of you are black

The pretty visuals are the only good part.

why you pussy biytch?

Those breasts were made for semen to be dumped onto.

This plus everything else.

style and substance are subjective

>He think only Darling fag shit on this shit.
>He think other won't shit on his precious oscar bait polished turd.

>3D
>tumblr
>ESL
Dam son

I wish episode 1-6 didn't exist and this was the first episode we got.

>Implying your shitty show will ever have character as written well as pic related.

Everything else is shit though. Sorry, buddy.

This episode wouldn't be as impactful if not for previous eps

Episode 6 was the best though.

This except everything else is top tier.

>I-IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIT
Never gets old.

monogatari tries to be artsy to make up for its bad writing and ends up failing at both. quite sad really

How did you get that from his post, retard?

The pigeon is clearly best girl.

He's right. 5 and 6 were best. If we had a better idea of what the daughter was like it would be as good as 6.

I understand the substance and the shows nuances

But it's just... boring

Why should i care about anything that Violet is going through when i know.. basically nothing about what she's already been through other than "hurr i was a soldier"

If they gave me the soldier arc of the story with the Major beforehand instead of giving bare minimum bits and pieces of it for contextual purposes when the need arises, i'd be more invested

This whole anime feels like an OVA afterstory

The most interesting bits are the aforementioned, brief war flashbacks, where she works her supersoldier magic or does stuff with the Major, the supersoldier shit which by the way is something they still havent fucking elaborated on

Also the show has another bad habit of having the main character form relationships that are supposed to seem meaningful, but are ultimately useless as i doubt we'll be seeing most of these characters any time in the future

The whole story is just so anti-chekov it hurts

S-stop b-being logical! GO BACK TO... To... Sup Forums! YEAH GO BACK. M-MUH WAIFU OR SOMETHING. NO LOGIC ALLOWED.

so any kyoani thread?

If any of you retards possessed the capability to detect nuance in posts on basket weaving forums, you would certainly come to realize that OP intends to highlight the lacklustre substance of his pic related instead of seriously committing to the shit you guys are propping up. Of course every piece of media needs a fucking subject of interest, but instead of thinking properly and trying to extend his initial claim (or not replying to his bait like sensible faggot), you all frothed at the mouth immediately and began sucking each other's dicks in complete, cheery fucking agreement over what you believe is a sensible reply.
Faglords.

Okay fag, it's just a cartoon.

Kyosougiga and robotics;note

Something that keeps the viewer interested.
Like good character development and interactions, or well-made fight scenes.

Anything and everything type moon.

>tfw no spicy Latina gf

overrated

Here's an upvote, spastic.

You'd have to have literal autism to not feel for the characters in this show. Its heavy on the substance if you have any shred of empathy.

>You'd have to have literal autism to not feel for the characters in this show.

I'm self-inserting as Violet, that's the experience I'm supposed to be having.

Is the whole show this foggy? It hurts my eyes.

The substance is that every episode's conflict is a metaphor for Spike, Jet or Faye's inner turmoil.

Every episode has had nice catharsis, though that's KyoAni for you.

Woah dude, I'm also a kamen rider fan but you shouldn't shill it here.

>you would certainly come to realize that OP intends to highlight the lacklustre substance of his pic related instead of seriously committing to the shit you guys are propping up
It’s almost like you didn't even read my post before quoting me

Satan confirms, but she will have to offer her firstborn to him in return.

Saber, by miles.

FranXXfags are retarded and desperate

>Sup Forums shitposting Violet Evergarden

Pic unrelated?

Violet evergarden is my third anime. I never thought any anime would surpass the legendary masterpieces dragon ball z and Naruto before watching this anime. The visuals are so fucking good and violet is such a great character and the feels are too real i cry everytime. I'll definitely consider reading manga.

Shut up, you autistic cunt. Go drool on your major somewhere else.

Death parade

substance is a spook
style is a spook

I've never seen something as wasted as Re:Creators

But it had canonical yuri ending, so it's all forgiven.

Would impregnate in a heartbeat.

>reddit spacing
Kill yourself

Yurishitters trully will eat up any shit as long it panders to them.

>>>/irc/

Man, these VEG threads are all shitposting no actual discussions

Here is a starter pack of full stops, a must have in any complete sentence, free of charge.

Why don't you put fullstop to your pathetic life

Is she Spanish?

She's clearly drawn like a girl.

It’s all substance no style actually.

>bloom, gradients, the same copy-pasted KyoAni eyes, and forced animation everywhere
>style

Is pic unrelated? because i see neither style nor substance in that one.

I want to substance her substances

Picked the fuck up

shaft is the definition of all style no substance, but Sup Forums cant stop sucking their dick

yes user, style is usually a consistent thing

I agree, this anime tries too hard to be special oscar bait but if you compare it to fma, you would know actual good writing. For example the mechanical arm Violet uses has no use for the plot except for cheap "oh look how horrible her life is" compared to FMA were Ed actually uses his automail for good use in which his normal arm couldn't. So in FMA did things much better from a written perspective than VEG.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

>forced style

What the fuck?

in the first place, both characters have a prosthetic to replce their lost limb(s); Ed just puts it to use "better" because in his world the fight isn't over.
I'd agree that FMA has a better consistent writing than VEG but that complaint doesn't really show it.

I want to preface this by saying that this isn't studiowar Sup Forums bullshit talking. Legitimately Darling in the FranXX. It's well animated and I'd even say I like the kawaii mech designs but dear god watching it feels like eating raw pasta. It's like it was written by a machine learning algorithm that's consumed exclusively cliche garbage. The only reason I haven't dropped it yet is because its two cours and want to at least see the actual point of the show, if there is one.